Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Monster Love Edition: Have you ever fallen in love with a monster?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/qinggong-monk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Okay, GM has officially given his word on this and said that it wasn't 2hu's fault. But...

>2hu crowds out the FAQ thread in the LFG
>Asks for his usual laundry list of stuff
>GM is trying to reply, saying yes to some of it
>For every "yes", 2hu pushes harder
>Suddenly 2hu posts a huge wall of text justifying loli catgirls as a distinct subrace in the setting
>This same post hijacks part of the GM's lore and turns an assassin order into a martial tradition
>Within the next several hours, GM makes a public statement that the game has to be closed down due to IRL drama.
>GM returns a month later with it all mysteriously resolved and the Character Creation rules explicitly disallowing 2hu's favorite tactics

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Why do all the SoM playtests get listed, but none of the SoP do?

Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Women are monsters so yes?

When was the last time Creation Sphere Handbook author was active?

Some things have been unresolved for months now.

That... actually doesn't look very good for 2hu...

And now there's this Hell's Rebels thing...

Yes! My character for PLD is in love with a monster!

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

No see it's fine because the DM is running a second game explicitly because he knows 2hu is going to destroy the first one.

Kay folks, I posted this earlier, but it got swallowed by the old thread.

I'm gonna run Reign of Winter for four players. I enjoy higher-power games with more Martial focus- so I'm doing Spheres, PoW, Jollyneticists and Jollyvigilantes, the whole nine yards. However, I'm hitting a stumbling block with the requests of one player for psionics classes.

On the one hand, psionics classes do some very neat, interesting things. Psychic Armory, Aegis, Soulknife, Tactician, Vitalist, etc, all are pretty dang neat. On the other hand, it's another magic system to keep track of, along with all its interactions between normal magic, spheres, and such.

So what should I do? I like Psionics but I want to avoid bloat, and I prefer Spheres to keep things more down to earth. It's a bit of a dilemma and I'd like some input from you anons

Creation guy had his computer explode on him, so it screwed things up for a while.

It was very fun, FennecAnon! I went out with friends for St. Patrick's Day and played a wonderful session of SotJR with some real cool people!

I learned that I didn't actually have work today and spent the whole day shitposting!

Oh!
Well that's a relatively better outcome than the possibility they went AWOL.

Do you have enough time to comfortably digest the information? If not, than I suggest telling the player they can't play a Psionic for this campaign.

Could I stab someone with a weapon and then cast Enlarge on the weapon to make a bigger wound?

>Well that's a relatively better outcome than the possibility they went AWOL.
No, that was the Time writer that did that.

Exactly why I was worried the same happened here.
There was nothing interesting in the Time handbook

Is there a sphere Gish worth a damn?

What should I do when my entire party is has gone full murder hobo? I'm a lawful good life oracle and the party face.

Sphere Warpriest. Now you have approximately thirteen trillion points in twenty thousand pools, but it works.

Cancergame, please go and stay go.

Fututrist Gunslinger and Trained by yourself from the future tradition are neat, conceptually at least.

Same for the "time traveling fiends that try to force the world into the worst timeline" monsters.

Only if you do it to a helpless target
Because the spell has 1 round cast time you know

I'm F/SN user from yesterday.

The game would be set during the 9th Holy Grail war occurring in 2021 in San Francisco.

I personally have run 6 other Holy Grail wars with the 1st and the 5th being backstory wars (I ran 2-4, added 5 as a backstory war, and ran 6-8). All the previous ones were for my in person group. Most often I would take Lancer as an NPC servant in order to facilitate a better Holy Grail War. I'll give a list of previous servants:

>Saber
1st: UNKNOWN
2nd: Charlemagne
3rd: William the Conquerer
4th: Maximilian the 1st
5th: John Hawkwood
6th: Alfred the Great
7th: Sigurd
8th: John Hawkwood

>Archer
1st: Cupid
2nd: Roland Deschain
3rd: Billy the Kid
4th: Nimrod
5th: Odysseus
6th: Adolf Hitler
7th: Simo Häyhä
8th: The Freeshooter

>Lancer
1st: Vlad the Impaler
2nd: Captain Ahab
3rd: Achilles
4th: Perseus
5th: Judas
6th: Shaka Zulu
7th: St. George
8th: Hannibal

>Rider
1st: Ramessess II
2nd: Genghis Khan
3rd: Attila the Hun
4th: Paul Revere
5th: Don Quixote
6th: Attila the Hun
7th: Richard the Lionhearted
8th: St. George, The Dragon Slayer

>Caster
1st: Circe
2nd: Masamune
3rd: Geppetto
4th: Diogenes the Cynic
5th: Doctor Frankenstein
6th: John the Baptist
7th: Edgar Allan Poe
8th: H.P. Lovecraft

>Assassin
1st: Sun Tzu
2nd: Judas
3rd: Arda Mulissi
4th: The Zodiac Killer
5th: Hassan-i Sabbah
6th: Guy Fawkes
7th: John Wilkes Booth
8th: Edgar Allan Poe

>Berserker
1st: Seigfried
2nd: Cain, First Murderer
3rd: Ivar the Boneless
4th: Ragnar Ludbruk
5th: Seigfried
6th: Samson
7th: Abraham Lincoln, Raging Abe
8th: Sun Wukong

A lot of these happened in the 'canon' for the games long enough ago that they are no longer relevant. For instance the first Holy Grail war happened in 1802.

I don't have it compiled well as more than notes because we hadn't really changed players that much for these games. I would have to write a booklet people can draw from. Is anyone interested?

WotR second session was cute. Not too much gameplay progression because the DM was a bit braindead after having to write a paper, but good character interaction.

>Lorelei soloed a frog-man by beating him to death with her spellbook
>the rest of the party fought a mob of earth elements
>the redhead punchgirl whose name nobody can spell right carried Anevia through the caverns and smacked her ass when she wouldn't stop fidgeting
>the party traded some background information
>"Irina" the crossdressed male vigilante got into a conversation about relationships
>Rath and punchgirl decided to set Irina up on a date with a nice man
>Tia made the other girls jealous of her impossibly pretty hair

Im getting scheduling and character/party building done this week, so I should have enough time to make sure everything is digested. It's less the Psionic classes that bug me, it's introducing another subsystem. I'm already familiar with how it works, it's just how it will interact within the game with spheres and maneuvers that I'm unsure about

I've been toying with a incanter 1, sphere magus 2, combat+font of inspiration hedgewitch build. Not sure how good it is though.

When the handbook project started, anyone who wanted to try and write could grab a book. A bunch of new writers signed up and ended up dropping. Several books have been reassigned. Both time and life got books into playtest to only have the writers disappear. Life is now back in playtest with a new writer, and Time has been given to someone else, too. And yeah, Time was pretty bad.

Not even half as cancerous as the people lying about it to shitstir

Psionic classes interact with other things identical to spells, and there's a discipline->school conversion chart if necessary for specific effects.

Sure, interested. Although desu I'd say that at least 12-15 would make for a better starter level range, even if it risks Caster doing Caster shenanigans.

It probably shouldn't interact super weird with maneuvers, since PoW was partially designed with Psionic content in mind(Zealot, Sleeping Goddess, there was a Psionic-gish in the first Path of War book).

Just keep Psionic magic transparency in mind with Sphere shit, and it should be all good.

I'm tired fennec user. I slept 14 hours on Saturday and woke up tired and spent my entire day tired.

How far did your group get? Did you reach the cavern chasm? Did you meet the inhabitants? I'm curious what you did with those.

I have done level 15 and 12 before actually. I was thinking of going a bit lower. Might bump it back up to 12.

Nothing big yet. Just the frog and elementals and then time spent spelunking more afterwards following the way out.

I tried Rum and Coke for the first time and played some board games (Betrayal at the House on the Hill was dank as fuck I tell ya hwat) with my sister and her friends mostly. Had to pour one out for a relative who passed away, and finally had someone fail to show up to a game so I didn't get to play it this week. For like, the third time. Went about as well as every other weekend desu.

Damn, I dislike playing priestly characters.

Girls pls
The world just ended
Please think about the peril you are and not just gossip about boys

>Abraham Lincoln and John Wilkes Booth in the same war
fucking brutal

>Is there a sphere Gish worth a damn?

Warpriest (sphere warpriest or divine heretic), Combat tradition Hedgewitch (a number of good options for the second tradition), Mageknight has good support, and there is a lot of gish feats in the War handbook.

>Mageknight has good support
I kept hearing MageKnight was hot garbage.

So dm is adding shit? There are no frogs or elementals in WotR book one...unless you mean the mongrelmen.

>I kept hearing MageKnight was hot garbage.
Ah to elaborate, care to explain what makes them good.

Armorist is hot garbage. Mageknight has so many archetypes and combat options it's hard to nail down as easily.

>sci-fi F/SN in pathfinder

Fucking what?

I played Dominion for the first time. It was fun. I won a game. My favorite part is deconstructing the decks after the game and talking with the other autistic player about how the different plays affected the outcome.

Yes. It's pretty obvious there were some simple edits to maps and stuff, but since I don't know the original WotR I can't call the differences.

But just think of Irina on a date with a big strong paladin-type and blushing the entire time, user.

Weekend was nothing special, but I'm now doing prep work for my home Hell's Rebels game on Wednesday.
Or should be prepping, I'm completely dead after a day of work, and the fact that I have to prepare one plot hook and a half doesn't help: the AP is ridiculously open ended at times, and I don't know where the PC wants to do now.

Try Star Realms, it's like Dominion but faster and you get to kill each other.

Play an Arsenal Chaplain and devote yourself to WAR.

I drank and played video games in a shed in a buddy's back yard.

Is Slayer||Path of War Stalker too redundant if you're doing a gestalt, don't want to be a caster and want d10 HP/Full BAB?

It's pretty okay, yea.

I think they'd synergize pretty well. Slayer gives complementary but not directly overlapping abilities.

Dude, just start a discord, servers just came back up.

You are stuck underground with demons and shit
Think about it

No, no.

>Rath suggested to set up Irina on a date with someone matching the description of their male alter eo

Thanks anons. I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna start getting my players all wrangled up so we can discuss the party and the composition of it.

Give up. Leave and stop associating with people who cannot be reasoned with. And if they break laws or just become merciless murder machines, well......do what they do to a rapid boar that is attacking travelers near a village full of hunters.

Unless you're a Stalker (Vigilante) you'd almost certainly be better off going Unchained Monk.

Yeah, you won't find many big strong paladin-types underground even in Mendev.

You know, other than the one.

Nudge nudge.

Can someone explain who Variant Multi-classing works? Exactly? Like I'm functionally retarded?

Cause I've read the entry in the SRD and it makes zero god damn sense to me. It might as well in written in Arabic.

Don't use Pathfinder for this, it won't work.

t. huge type-moon weeb

Which Hell's Rebels character would make the best meme?

When you make your character you choose your VMC. You do not receive a feat at levels 3, 7, 11, 15, and 19. Instead, you receive a class feature as noted underneath the VMC entry of the class you're taking features from.

Lose the feats gained at 3, 7, 11, 15, and 19. Get certain class features from your VMC class instead.

You replace feats at certain level with specific class abilities from whatever class you want to VMC into.

What about brute slayer?

>I've done this and it worked
>don't, it won't work

Basically, you pick a class. You gain specific abilities from that class in exchange for half your feats.

it's worked for me the last 6 times I did it by just imposing restrictions/changes and accepting there will be some differences

t. other type moon weeb

You give up the feats you would normally gain from increasing Hit Dice at 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th levels. In exchange, you gain the listed abilities.

>character
>meme
That's not how it works.

>he hasn't turned a character into a meme

You're going Brutal Slayer and the choice isn't instantly obvious to you?
Mutagen Warrior Fighter VMC Barbarian.

>Like I'm functionally retarded

Everyone gets a feat at every odd level. That's 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, and 19.

With VMC, you replace half of those and get the listed features when it tells you you get them.

What do you not understand?

You replace the feats listed with the class abilities offered in liu of them.

It's not fucking rocket science. It's fucking simpler than making a goddamn character.

Thanks. This makes a lot more sense then whatever the fuck the SRD was trying to say.

I was considering that but I wanted skill points/some light out of combat versatility.

You either give half your feats you would gain from leveling to become useless with better unarmed strikes or firearm proficiency or get magus' arcane pool or oracle's things and compliment your class without having to give up your class features.

My oh my that's some STANK cheese right there user

>The city has fallen and you're trying to make it to safety
>Now's the perfect time to put our trap on a date with a generic faceless Paladin hunk we have laying around

Not really, that's just decent synergy.

Priorities, user.

Interested. Hit me up in spyros.kotteas on skype or Karthagas#7907

Schenkopp is a bro.

Why would a Paladin want to waste any time dating a worthless piece of flesh they can't have kids with?

Everyone says Mendev is a beacon of progressive tolerance because it doesn't have time to be picky about who they get, but at the same time doesn't that mean they strongly encourage having oodles of children to fuel the warmachine?

Maybe when she was younger? Depends on if gnolls are monsters.

You've already got skill points from going Stalker. If you want out of combat utility on a full BAB class then Unchained Monk is probably still better - ki powers can get you some neat tricks.

It's a coping mechanism, mostly. We don't know how many are dead, or how many of those might have been people we knew. All we can do is think about what we're going to do when we make this right.

Do Korvosans count as monsters?

Interested. Hit me up in Karthagas#7907 on discord.

Veiled moon is already a ton of the same out of combat utility as u monk. It's not really needed imo.

Gnolls are absolutely monsters, specifically the worst assholes you have ever met. They make Orcs look like saints in their depravity.

Ah yes, I forgot how Veiled Moon can do
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/qinggong-monk/
all of that.

>Adolf Hitler as an archer

Please elaborate

Also, as a rule, must Sabers have Saberfaces?

Saberfaces?

Then definitely, she fell in love with a monster.