/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 12 (1d26)

Cheap beer, cheap cologne and disappointed parents edition
Kor Phaeron self-therapy.

Campaign honour rolls, Thunder Warrior sperg, Decimation Strikeforce. How do I into metallic Thousand Sons. Emperor dick sucking, though if He's bored enough he can change his form at will... Age of Sigmar eagles and moar >READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Forgeworld-LEGION-MK-II-III-COMMAND-UPGRADE-SET-Backpack-Antenna-BITS-/112329660742?hash=item1a275e9946:g:JJQAAOSwWxNYwb3p
ebay.com/itm/Forgeworld-LEGION-MK-VI-COMMAND-UPGRADE-SET-Backpack-BITS-/112329665243?hash=item1a275eaadb:g:WGYAAOSw4CFYwb9N
ebay.com/itm/FORGEWORLD-LEGION-MK-4-RECON-SQUAD-ANTENNA-KIT-Bits-40K-/361926525500?hash=item544480823c:g:TI4AAOSwxYxUz8TF
ebay.com/itm/FORGEWORLD-Heresy-Iron-Hands-Leigon-MK-III-ARMOUR-NUNCIO-BACKPACK-40K-/361932723727?hash=item5444df160f:g:4lMAAOxyLN9Sou~I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How different do storm bolters look from combi bolters for my vehicle mounts?

first for agrax

So are Custodes -supposed- to have terrible shooting in their default spears and swords, or do GW think a stormbolter on a more than 50 point model is good?

I'm not calling custards underpowered here, I'm just baffled they have their little plinky shooting that contradicts their image as super elites with better equipment than everyone.

What's a good way to represent Shrapnel Bolts on a Heavy Bolter? For my Manta, two SB Hbolters are the exact stats of my Burst Cannon I need to substitute, so if I can somehow find 32 of the damn things I can build 16 pairs to arm the thing. Do I just use regular Heavy Bolters, or convert them somehow?

Is there any reliable source about Emperor Titan height?

>Do I just use regular Heavy Bolters

Yes, its just different ammo. Paint them differently if it bothers you that much.

Nth for repostan from last thread. So I'm pretty confident on fluff and crunch in this list, but can anyone think of things I fail to counter?

Aside from a whole fuckload of fliers I can't think of anything

>Iron Warriors: You get a Decimation Strikeforce
>Hammer of Olympia Rite of War
>3,000 Points

Praetor
>Terminator Armor, Chainfist
Siege Breaker Consul
>Terminator Armor, Chainfist, 3 Phosphex Bombs
Command Squad
>Land Raider, Terminator Armor, Chainfists

Terminator Squad
>Land Raider, Chainfists
Quad Launcher Battery
>3 Launchers, Shatter shells, Phosphex Shells
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought
>Twin Kheres Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad
>15 Marines, Melta Bomb
Tactical Squad
>15 Marines, Melta Bomb
Tactical Squad
>15 Marines, Melta Bomb

Tyrant Siege Terminators
>2 Chainfists
Tyrant Siege Terminators
>2 Chainfists
Vindicator
>Dozer Blade
Vindicator
>Dozer Blade

The AL version of this has endless "But then I was like" after the first pic :^)

How many SM swords are you aware of that fire bullets?

Any advice on converting a vindicator into a laser destroyer?

Remove main gun, leave shroud, add bundle of lasers...?

Sure, but where would you source the bits? The space for the barrel doesn't look big enough to put 4 lascannons in there. And I'd prefer a bigger barrel shroud, the demolisher is a chode gun.

Change the demolisher for whatever bit this is or a Vanquisher cannon.

Binary Succession when?

Vitae of the Sons/Songs of the Father anyone?

Crimson King when?

Supposedly, combibolters shoot a wider cone of fire then stormbolters do. In deathwatch they're described as having a wider spacing between the twin barrels.

That looks nice, but that's a Sabre, not a laser destroyer. A laser destroyer is a quad laser mount.

>browse ebay bits sellers
>seller has all the parts I want except one

I NEED THAT NUNCIO VOX

>"We're all Phareon today", bleeding voxed to Alpharius, "have Word, Faith Bearer."

Did they ever explain who and what is Malcador the Sigilite? Another stupid Perpetual?

>Did they ever explain who and what is Malcador the Sigilite?

He's the regent of Terra and the Emperor's bureaucrat/spy-master plus a powerful psyker. Not everything needs to be clear as water.

MkII/MkIII
ebay.com/itm/Forgeworld-LEGION-MK-II-III-COMMAND-UPGRADE-SET-Backpack-Antenna-BITS-/112329660742?hash=item1a275e9946:g:JJQAAOSwWxNYwb3p

MkVI (you could also use it for the IV)
ebay.com/itm/Forgeworld-LEGION-MK-VI-COMMAND-UPGRADE-SET-Backpack-BITS-/112329665243?hash=item1a275eaadb:g:WGYAAOSw4CFYwb9N

Word Bearers test scheme

Going to do a tactical squad with a Diabolist as a little allied force to go with my Iron Warriors.

Yes or no?

the german guy doesn't have the other parts that I want and I dont feel like paying that much extra for a backpack

If you just want to add the bits
ebay.com/itm/FORGEWORLD-LEGION-MK-4-RECON-SQUAD-ANTENNA-KIT-Bits-40K-/361926525500?hash=item544480823c:g:TI4AAOSwxYxUz8TF

IH model
ebay.com/itm/FORGEWORLD-Heresy-Iron-Hands-Leigon-MK-III-ARMOUR-NUNCIO-BACKPACK-40K-/361932723727?hash=item5444df160f:g:4lMAAOxyLN9Sou~I

Well it's basically a power lance that has improved AP values so as to be acurally useful, plus the lightning strikes rule.

But the gun component really mostly serves to make it look more unweildy, given it only shoots bolt rounds.

Looks pretty nice, but I feel the metallic edging could do with one more coat in places - it seems to have been reddened by overspill of red wash from the flat areas. For example, compare the bottom of the chestplate to the edging on the legs.

Dies Irae was 43m (141 ft) tall in one of the early HH novels. Helsreach says 60m tall (197 ft). Apocalypse says 55.5m, and shows a Warhound (14m high) at about a quarter of its height. Those differ, but it really depends on whether the cathedral on top has spires or not. Maybe they didn't really do the cathedral thing until after the Imperial Cult became widespread.

Destroyer tank hunter has a single big barrel and it's armed with a (heavy) laser destroyer array. Otherwise the same, just packs a 60" range.

Just pit some antennals and crap onto a regular backpack.

Ferrus used Firebrand, a sword, Fulgrim used a hammer, Forgebreaker. Fulgrim changed to the Laer sword thought.

Use Imperial Guard vox casters

Children of Sicarus anyone?

I used the vox units from the aegis line quad gun. Filing off the vent from the MkIV backpack and some rivets, it slotted right on there like a glove.

Where's that cannon bits from?

Looks like its from a Shadowsword or one of the Baneblade variants.

Looks legit.

>tfw FW has the iconic Fulgrim vs Ferrus dual with Ferrus Manus holding the wrong weapon

Unsure if I should do all of the armour edges silver or just the pauldron and gorget, so far have just weathered the edges rather than solid silvered, but it might look better fully done. Trying to not look too flashy, you know, like the Iron Warriors...

Have faith word bearer :^)

What's the deal with Virtues of the Sins / Sons of the Father? It gets posted over and over.

Some sperg really, really wanted it.

>"Alpharius bleeding Manus Bearer", voxed to Erebus, Word, "faith all have, Malcador"

A few threads ago someone mentioned Magnus & Sanguinius taking direct hits from Titans. It happens to Magnus in A Thousand Sons, but when does it happen to Sanguinius?
Pic related not my work just a mad guy on Instagram

Inferno.

What are the dark angels specialities in 30k? What rules do they have that sets them apart from the rest, and should I play them?

I mean, the infantry are more about being warriors, not soldiers. Their shooting comes from their vehicles.

they can upgrade the spears to more elite shooty variants

When the rusted chains of prison moons are shattered by the sun.

>What are the dark angels specialities in 30k?

A small bonus in sword warfare and having exotic wargear, besides that they are so generic that they require their own RoWs to shine so pick one of those and crush on because both Ironwing and Ravenwing are absolutely some the best RoWs.

>Black Library novels
>reliable

awesome, looking sharp

>Psy-lance
>Silence
We've read about Angron's face getting split open to the bone, Fulgrim getting 360-noScoped, and Mortarion getting his armour melted on top of him due to meltaguns as well as by Plasma Predators.
Any other Primarch injuries due to ranged attacks?

Who/what/where was agrax anyway? Google just brings up loads of results about the paint, unsurprisingly.

Horus, Mortarion and Fulgrim got fucked up at Dwell by some Fire Raptors.

I wouldn't have posted them if Apocalypse didn't more or less agree, as well as the relative scales of the Epic minis.

Russ got punched out by the Lion

>But that's not a ranged attack, user
You underestimate the Lion Fist.

>>But that's not a ranged attack, user
>You underestimate the Lion Fist.

Would've 'Traitors' have won if current Traitor Legions and Loyalist Legions were reversed?

>Ultramarines
>Blood Angels
>Iron Hands
>Imperial Fists
yes

Dorn, Guilliman, Russ and Sangy is the winning team no matter what.

I reckon so. A big problem Horus seemed to have is a lot of the primarchs on his side had a tendency to fuck about. Hell, but for luck Fulgrim would have got Pertuarbo killed, leaving Horus a primarch short. The loyalist primarchs would probably stick to their tasks a bit better.

I don't see them pulling off an Isstvan V, and that was key to the traitors' getting as close to success as they did.

The war spanned all of seven years and crippled the Imperium for ten thousand years afterward, I wouldn't call that fucking about.

implying that the new Traitor Primarchs wouldn't have gone crazy in that scenario.

Anyone know how to contact the recaster Alpharius?

You are Alpharius.

>The war spanned all of seven years
Dey wuz muckin aboot!

No pretty obviously not, Horus stacked things in favour of the traitor legions and the biggest loyalist legions got distracted by wild goose chases. The loyalists would have never managed that much. The only reason traitors lost is because after Horus died they could never decide who should rule after that, an oligarchy being beyond their understanding thanks to Imperial indoctrination.

Can't remember which book the short story was in, but there's a meeting in which Horus asks Morty to go hunt down the white scars because he's the only primarch he can actually rely on to do his fucking job, apart from Perty who would just sit in his fortifications while the scars ran rings around him. When 6 out of the 8 primarchs on the traitor side can't be trusted to do the jobs given them by the warmaster, "fucking about" seems pretty appropriate.

Ravenwing I agree, but Ironwing one of the best? Could you enlighten me on that?

Angron hates all.
Fulgrim goes mad before istvaan(and that's the only reason he betrayed Emperor)
Curze was mad all along
Lorgar Gods>Horus
Magnus "I am still loyal!"
Alpharius. Trusting Alpharius...

Well yea Mortarion and Perturabo are the only trustworthy traitor primarchs.

I guess for the sake of balance, both Corax and Russ were asked to stay on Terra to man the walls and refused, but they still weren't at the same level of wilful disobedience as Curze/Fulgrim, say.

Is a Stormlord in a Solar Auxilia army a good fit? Thinking of putting a Tank Commander in 1 for my 2500pts army.
I run 2 Dracosans w/ Demolishers for transporting my Veletaris Storm Sections, I figured I could toss a Lasrifle Section in the Stormlord to ferry them where needed.
Also, 30shots overwatching with the Vulcan Mega-Bolter looks fun.

490 Stormlord Super-Heavy Assault Tank
25 Armoured Ceramite
50 Sponson Lascannon and Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter
55 Auxilia Tank Commander

Is there a reason GW kits designed to be used by multiple armies are completely covered in fucking aquilas? I want to convert some Traitor Reductor Basilisks, but there's four eagles built into the gun alone, plus all the giant ones on the chassis.
Not looking forward to all the filing off shit the various kits going into the Filiketos will need.

Because they're meant for 40k, where that shit is the norm.

>Is there a reason GW kits designed to be used by multiple armies

Because its not, the Basilisk is designed to be used by the Imperial Guard. The fact that it can be used by traitors is something that came after the creation of the kit so you need to put work into it if you want to file off those aquilas.

A stormlord is a bit bizarre in that its weapon choice and its capacity dont mix well. It's got a gatling that is flat death to the enemy, but can only fire enough to be worthwhile by sitting still. Its got insane carrying capacity, but thats just more anti-infantry carried inside it, and when all it is is a lasrifle section, you may as well not even bother. Honestly, i would recommend either the regular Baneblade for general-purpose killyness if you're cheap or the Stormhammer for the ultimate gunboat if you can afford it.

Lorgar got hit in the face by a titans plasma blast. Angron then stopped said titan from stomping on Lorgar by holding its foot mid stomp.

Sniper Vets wounding EVERYTHING on 3s, Volkite squads wounding infantry squads on 2s, better Predators than any legion and your Tacticals wound infantry on 3s, they virtually have heavy bolters!. Its not an OP RoW but if you wanted to run bolter boys in rhinos then its the best there is.

How do the volkitws get the +1 to wounds? They don't meet the criteria.

That was actually my main concern! Seems like a 'win-more' but only when winning sorta thing.

For the Stormhammer, which was my 2nd choice, I'd still put a Tank Commander in it (BS4) and LD biffs. Would you recommend swapping out all of its Multilasers for Lascannons, then using the command ability for Tank Hunter? That would make it have 6x BS4 Lascannon shots with Tank Hunter in addition to its main cannons.

The mental image of Angron squatting a Warhound will never cease to make me laugh.

>Perty who would just sit in his fortifications while the scars ran rings around him
Am I the only one who finds it hillarious Perturabo solves everything in sieges...even if it wasn't a siege to begin with?
You know what he did on Istvaan V? He fucking built a castle before betraying people.
And didn't he deepstrike an entire fortification ring before entering the building in Angel Exterminatus?
EVERYTHING IS A SIEGE

Bet Lorgar was mirin'.

Perhaps you'd like to buy already-modeled filed-off Aquilas.

Vulkan is suppose to be physically the strongest of the primarchs, so we can only imagine what Imperial vehicles he uses for his workouts ...

Thought they Carronades were S5, my bad. Still, its a good RoW.

High level meta right there. Force people to fight you on your own terms.

But he didn't deep strike the fortifications, his rhinos are built to make a fort when they form a circle.

>Carronades

Culverins, damn Im bad today.

Building some custards, hows this for a breakdown? Im new to 30k so im just going off what seems like a good idea.
1x Shield Captain (magnetized)
5x hetearon guard (magnetized)
9x custodian guard, no idea which spears
5x sentinel guard with swords
5x sentinel guard with fists
I currently only have 25 total models available to build.

>5x hetearon guard (magnetized)

I think these are better off as custodian guard, you need all the troops you can get and its not like your troops need to be better in CC.

I was mainly thinking of being able to switch them between paragon blades and solerite fists. Not worth it?

In this hypothetical would the Alpha Legion be officially loyalist while secretly helping the traitor cause?

Plus shields, forgot that

They were two kinds. Both Rhino Castles and deepstruck castles.
But the Rhinos arrived there by Thunderhawk, so it counts as being airlifted to me.
Hell, considering Solar Auxilia Tercios can buy a Dedicated Fortification, perhaps you could INFILTRATE Aegis Defense lines?
>Jagathai and Russ were fighting the Orks in a melee
>And then Perturabo arrived and it became a siege and he won it.