MTG LEGACY GENERAL

Results Edition

Talk about recent tournament results. Yours, or others that are interesting. EE had a pretty diverse top 8.

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/name-in-description/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tfw 12post vs Miracles
tfw miracles player has no idea what 12post is
tfw you drop a prime time and they freak out
tfw you drop newmrakul and they cry like a little bitch.

Everyone jokes about the 12 post v miracles matchup, but I feel like mentor made it actually winnable for the miracles side. It's still pretty unfavored, but it's not nearly as bad as it was.

My meta is slowly becoming a mix of Rare and Mythic decka. Shit's wild.

mentor actually helps A LOT. it gives them a swarm option. Its clunky sure, but it works. Honestly, with 12post its nice just to play against a non wasteland decks thats not combo.

that sounds like the best kind of meta.

Is it even worth it to make a casual/fun deck in the vintage/legacy environments? I have a tribal elf deck from my college days that I was going to update a bit....but question if it's worth it.

It's very fun. Proxy-friendly and the fee is cheap, so people are starting to move away from the ubiquitous decks and into more obscure ones. One guy brought a pretty dank Tezzerator build once and I think that was part of what set it off.

If you can find a 93/94 group, that's more or less the casual Vintage/Legacy crowd. Most people that still play proper will have tier decks or anti-meta decks from what I've seen.

Elves is a real deck in legacy. You can find current lists online. It's closer to a combo deck than a tribal beat down deck though

Should I build food chain or aluren? I love creature decks with a combo and both look fun.

I think aluren is just better. All of your cards do something and generate value, while food chain plays bad cards like manipulate fate and misthollow griffin. Plus food chain can be abrupt decayed, and you need to additional mana to actually start your combo, while aluren combo is free

BR Reanimator? Worth it to build?

Whats the better deck to take to a tournament? R/G lands or Infect. More experienced with infect but I feel like it struggles in this current meta.

Sure if you want to have no friends

Jokes on you. I don't have any friends.

I'd be your friend user :)

:3

What do you play?

Post pictures of your decks. The sexiest will get a prize. Not mine, but sexy none the less.

I Still love the copters

Depends on people you play with.
I am blessed with people who want to play "casual legacy" so only few actual tier deck and mostly brews with legacy power level. Tho the aim is that our brews can compete with the tier decks.

Everyone will call you a braindead mongoloid, but your rounds will last a grand total of 5 minutes.

I feel like brewing, does anyone have any really dumb ideas to base a deck on?

Lands/Infect

Try the card in the OP.

Didn't this general already make Nourishing Lich?

Is there any way to get XMage or similar on my phone?

battle of wits

That's been done a million times.

Yeah but I think there's room to explore. If you want something really spicy, there is a card or that turn your graveyard into you library. Use those.

ah, yes, but has it actually worked?

You've convinced me, I'll get to work.

>tfw some gives you an excuse to post deckpics.

That's a good looking deck. Did you play infect in modern?

>tfw still waiting on cards to get here

How does manaless dredge work

You can put it on your comp and use a remote access app to play it on your computer with your phone. I'm pretty sure xmage is a java program though so you can probably convince your phone to run it. Might not work great though.

always choose to draw first. so on your first turn, since you'll have 8 cards, you must discard to hand size at end of turn (preferably you discard Phantasmagorian so you can dump the rest of your hand).
now dredge away.

I did, and I was of the opinion that I wouldn't fall victim to the "if you play legacy infect you won't want to go back to modern infect." But Brainstorm, invigorate, Daze, and berserk are powerful drugs.

"Work" is a strong word.

Well thankfully for you modern infect is sort of dead atm

pox is 99.9 percent done now that the lillies came in. Just need to work on the side, and figure out if i want a tabernacle, or to put in a 3rd inquisition.

What are main changes of mindset and attitude one needs to undergo when transitioning from Modern to Legacy?

Will Miracles always be the best deck in Legacy? Or will something get unbanned and it get dethroned?

Depends on what deck you play

I am currently getting into legacy via infect precisely because and was wondering how many Wastelands should the list run, since that's the only card I am missing.

Also, is Flusterstrorm worth it (way too over my current disposable budget)? What about 1x mainboard Stifle?

infect

Just one more griselbrand and they'll all be foil. Next the chancellors. Tidespout has been difficult to find.

Can I see a pic of your mana base camp?

Bump, will post deck tommorow

I think primarily it comes down to thinking about cards that are ubiquitous in legacy and nonexistent in modern. Force, wasteland, daze, stifle. Your spells might not resolve t1. Your first fetch could get stifled. One landers can be very sketchy. Daze can cause blowouts.

Base Camp reporting.

I can't comment on the counter magic, however I've not seen any deck that runs more than one wasteland. It does not strike me as an effect infect wants. effect infect effect infect effect infect effect infect effect infect

If you're playing legacy, no doubt you are here to do gross things. Just remember, your opponent is also here to gross things. Make peace with that and your attitude will benefit tremendously.

No deck is always top dog. That said, any unbans that would drastically shift the meta are likely too powerful to consider. A banning or a fresh printing would be the more likely scenario I imagine.

>cancer.dek.jpg

Show me your deck user.

my most recent one
I'll post the others when I get home from work.

No wonder you dislike miracles. Cantrip laden decks often give pox fits, your curve is firmly in in counterbalance range, and mentor even dodges your edicts.

That's why I bring in 12post if I thing the meta is going to be heavily cancer ridden. Burn is my 'extra deck' to lend out to people. I just flexibility/mind-numbing guessing game that is countertop, on top of all the other shit like force that you may/maynot have. Its to much bullshit to fight though just to play magic. On top of having it all invalidated by terminus. I like miracle's as a concept. Using top to abuse miracle effects. But the decks only run 2 of those cards now, and even then most builds are entirely foregoing entreat, and only running terminus. So its lost most of its explosive 'cool factor' imo and become just another faggy hard control deck. Its almost like is a pedo creeping on a little kid because in this format mana cost are so small and consistently small that's its easy as fuck to prey on them. At least with shit like chalice/bloodmoon/ect, you know exactly what you can/cant do.

Is 12post actually good?

ish? Its really good against miracles. It also depends on is your playing the UG version or the mono green version. Its rewards you pretty well for knowing the opponents deck with needle calls. I play the mono green version, but I would imagine the ug version would be a bit more explosive/mid fucky with show and tell/ blue cards.

Here you go sweetie pie, one of my others. List hasnt changeddsince I built it

A turn 1 chalice on 1/blood moon is far more frustrating than playing against miracles. Miracles is very interactive and a skill intensive matchup for many decks on both sides,whereas if some random prison/stompy deck is on the play and goes ancient tomb, chalice, go, what the fuck was the point. there is no "skill" or decisions to be made in that game.

Ty base camp. I assume you are going to decay route.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am just interested in the deck and wanna know more about it.

I'll answer anything to the best of my ability. The green splash is indeed for decay and reverent silence. Abrupt Decay is a good answer to many things but a bit awkward to work with. Same for reverent silence, which is supposed to be a foil for Leyline of the Void. Some are attempting to drop red for blue for a show and tell package in the side. The other popular splash is white for some number of wear//tear. I've tried a white splash and didn't find it to be any less serviceable than the green splash but I do think the compliment of pithing needles commonly found in the white splash is less than desirable. Hitting Deathrite with a needle seems to be the optimal play but hitting a top could be good too. Ultimately I feel the decks speed renders both scenarios moot. I could be wrong. I don't profess to be an expert.

Seems like this deck is live fast die young type of mentality. Which makes the SB kind of moot.

What are the match ups like. Any miserable ones?

Not him but I find Karakas to be hard to deal with pre-board.

Imagine you knew that tomorrow you would be kicked in the balls super hard. Would you rather get kicked in the balls at that start of the day and get it over with, or be constantly looking over your shoulder and waiting for an inevitable kick in the balls. Id rather be kicked in the balls early and get it over with, rather than waiting guessing and worrying about it.

I should probably go -1 Blazing Archon +1 Stronghold Gambit in the board but yeah.

It is very opener dependant. I mull aggressively for a decent opener and there are times when I'm not successful. I don't feel like I have any truly bad match ups, only susceptibility to certain cards. is spot on. Chalice decks can be a problem if they go first. Miracles can be difficult at times. I've sired miracles turn one only to have them draw Tundra > swords. In hindsight, that was a misplay on my part. I can invalidate half their removal with shroud but the other half still nukes my dudes. Anything with Deathrite can be a problem if you're forced to reanimate turn two on the draw. The best (read: fastest) cards against you are surgical, faerie macabre, and Leyline. The later two even dodge Chancellor. Leyline is the only one that really spoops me though since my answer is a bit shakey. My plan is to board against these and rely on speed for the rest.

I meant to tag

Makes sense.

That is really eye opening. Thanks! I'm currently building eldrazi, but might give this a shot.

Muh posts

killitwithfire.dek

forgot to put in my bolts. fml

Nice. Just mono green?

Tell me, how have the gambits been working for you? What matches do you bring it in for?

yep. Im not cool enough to play legacy blue. Although from the testing I did on xmage when i first found the deck, ti ug version was kinda hard to play, and felt like it was trying to do to much. Ifs really fun though.

Got a question: If I loot or Entomb an OG Emrakul, and with the shuffle trigger on the stack, can I drop a Goryo's Vengeance on Emrakul while it's in the yard to poop it into play?

I think? Im pretty sure you can snag sufflers out of the grave if you can respond at instant speed.

Witch one would you try to pass in a double sleeved dragon sheild

Yes
Left

Left side.

people who use fakes should be taken behind their lgs and beaten. Discuss.

What if your LGS is OK with fakes and their Legacy nights are more popular because of it?

Magic should be treated as a game to be played and not a fucking stock market that stops people from playing the game. Discuss

I mean I'd be down for that, because it would increase the level of player in formats like vintage and legacy (which brings on it's own problems). However, I do think counterfeits and mass reprints can be harmful. While we might gripe at the people who own foiled out legacy decks they still earned that deck with work or smart financial planning (in terms of mtg, these people are multimillionaires on the stock market).

I guess it depends what camp you fall into. I feel I'd appreciate a deck more if I knew it was real and something I worked towards.

are not*

Not that guy but what if the deck cost only 500 to make instead of 2 grand? Would you still appreciate that? I play EDH mostly and none of my decks rise above 300 bucks (the ones that are close I have had for years and had to grab piece by piece). If I were to total up all of the money I've spent on EDH decks into "one deck" I would be able to play one Legacy deck, albeit any ONE in the format. I still feel that I had to work and trade my way to the decks I have and they are sometimes a tenth of the price of a Legacy deck.

Also adding a trip because I'm a >fag

I'm the guy who pops in every so often for advice to make Legacy-themed EDH decks >because I'm a poorfag

So far I have a D+T stax deck I'm turning into Loam pox Stax, a shardless Elfball deck, a dank dredge deck, and a monstrosity that combines Delver, Miracles, 4 horsemen, and DDFT.

Tell us more about the monstrosity.

Magic should die because people stop buying cards. Discuss.

Legacy should die because Wizards has to deck-check everybody at the door. Discuss.

I'd rather keep overpriced, terrible cards for terrible formats than trade them for better cards for better formats. Discuss.

I want to do things without having to pay for them. Discuss.

I hold everyone with whom I'm going to play a game in contempt. Discuss.

The deck's name is too long to fit in the "name" section of tapped out but here's a list (I believe it's up to date): tappedout.net/mtg-decks/name-in-description/

The deck itself has barely ever won but usually because I fuck up a doomsday pile or someone disrupts it (e.g. casting murder on labman when I have the final draw on the stack).

Full name of the deck: Delver, the Miracle of the Four Horsemen of the ANT Doomsday.

>2 grand
>Merfolk, Dredge, PSI, and All Spells exist

So does burn and other more budget options, but I don't think that fakes of Life from the Loam and Spirit Guides are what he was talking about. He meant fakes that allow you to play Delver, Moat D+T, etc. without having to spend the down payment on a car.

I've made credit numerous times playing terrible decks, and I'm not good at Magic. If he can't, either he needs to find a better LGS, or he needs to get better at Magic.

>My anecdote makes the reality of crushing market prices not true

>My perception of the crushingness of market prices is accurate, in spite of the fact that people with no income can play Legacy

>All perception is based on personal investigation and opinions which are inherently flawed with biases which makes nothing ever certain