scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FjvyfRHebcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SQUATS ARE FUCKING BACK

>would it be possible for me to buy some chaos boxed sets like Blightkings or start collecting add some 3rd party models that look like they would fit (barbarians / spawns/ big deamons) and play slightly bigger games while adding more in expectations for a Slanesh/Nurgle battle tome?
Sure, just talk about it with your group. SC! box is always a good pick
>What is the communities reaction to 3rd party models exactly?
Depends - you should talk with your people
>What type of table is the game played on? Particulary interested in size and terrain density.
IIRC you can find these informations in rules and GHB

First for dawi!

Herdstone user here from last thread, I am probably going to finish the stone tomorrow. Just FYI

A potential new player here. I've been looking at the growing model range of AoS and finally decided to ask some difficult questions that had been holding me from jumping in.

I really like the models but I wouldn't want to spend a lot in one go as big loads of plastic crush my motivation to paint them. Instead would it be possible for me to buy some chaos boxed sets like Blightkings or start collecting add some 3rd party models that look like they would fit (barbarians / spawns/ big deamons) and play slightly bigger games while adding more in expectations for a Slanesh/Nurgle battle tome?

What is the communities reaction to 3rd party models exactly? I take that your 9th age counterparts have no problem with them but how is AoS in that regard?

What type of table is the game played on? Particulary interested in size and terrain density.

Well, you won't be able to play in GW stores. But if your FLGS aren't entirely autists, you'll be fine.

Dwarves*

>dwarves
Newfag detected.

New list, still no astrolith edition.

Leaders
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
Skink Starpriest (100)
Skink Priest (100)
- Priestly Trappings
Saurus Sunblood (120)

Battleline
10 x Saurus Guard (200)
10 x Saurus Guard (200)
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
- Clubs
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
- Clubs

Units
5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

Behemoths
Bastiladon (300)

Battalions
Bloodclaw Starhost (100)

Total: 2000/2000

More dudes on the table, less long range firepower, more damage output from jaw attacks and more buffs.

Made a warscroll for my dracoth chariot.
Basically, it's just two Concussors sharing a base and with some refluffed abilities.
Opinions?

Varies. Most people are chill with it, as long as the other stuff fits. Obviously this will not fly in GW stores.

see

Yes I just ordered the slaves of darkness SC box but I wonder why they added 12 chaos warriors instead of 10 or 20?

>Devastor

Make it a monster with a damage table instead.

Talk to the people you'd be playing with. Cannot stress this enough. I'm the Renegade Freeguild dude, and I've not been doing this because of the fact that the AoS crew plays at the GW in town and I know that shit won't fly there. However, I've talked to the actual players, and they'll be moving to the FLGS probably sometime this summer and they've all be down for the idea.

It was before GHB IIRC so this box was made for open play. 20 would be to much and you have 2 extra warriors for bits and trying paint schemes

All youve done is make a squad of Concussors but with less total wounds.

I'm coming to AoS from 40k.

Is having this number of heroes normal? I'm so used to HQs basically being a tax outside of a few exceptions.

Depends on the faction and the hero
This list uses heroes to buff the rest of the army

That seems to have been the point. Also, pretty sure all dracothian guard have 5 wounds.

It is not unheard of. For some armies this is even necessary.

You pretty much get the choice. You get the option of a lot of HQ slots at higher points values, but depending on your army and what you're looking to do with it it can vary (lots of heroes have special abilities that act like force multipliers, others are just good beatsticks).

Though, generally speaking, AoS does have a lot more heroes on the table than 40k.

That chariot has the damage output of 2 dracothian guard, but with 3 less wounds

If that was the point... why? Do something more creative

I have 4 leaders, a Beastlord and 3 Great Bray Shaman.

You can end up having a bunch because they can buff other units.

They main role is to buff other units. Have you made your first list? If yes, mind to share?

Fuck - their*

2x5 is 10, dude.

Well, people always bitch about unique warscrolls being made too powerful, so the obvious solution would be to use a already existing warscroll. Yes, it's not the peak of creativity, but sometimes corners need to be cut, because I really want to use that fucking thing. I invested quite a lot of work into it and having it sit around unused seems like a waste.

Giving it the profile of a Stardrake doesn't fit that model at all.

Woops, I misread the Bravery as Wounds

Idea for an all grot 2k list.

Just kinda messing around, any good?

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
- Battlebrew
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Moon clan Grot Warboss (80)
-General
-Bellowing tyrant
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
- General

Battleline
one unit of 40 Moonclan grots with spears (240)
Two units of 40 Gitmob Grots with bows (400)

Other
10 Spider Riders (200)
3 Spear chuckas (360)
2 grot fanatics (60) (had 30 points left over)
Mangler Squigs (240)

So the idea is to get the most out of the casters and leaders with the troops.

The Moonclan grots move up with the warboss buffing them up to get a bunch of attacks with bellowing tyrant allowing them to get +1 to hit +2 to wound and with the ability that allows double damage, this unit can be surprisingly punchy.

The Gitmobs is to get a a strong shooting attack and with the gitmob caster, allowing for +1 wound and rend which would allow nearly 40 attacks at 3+/4+/-1/1 which can be quite a few wounds. The spiders are to be on the flank and move up. The spiders would attempt to take the first hits and tie up the enemy when momma spider comes hitting hard with +1/+1 for allowing d6 mortal wounds on a 5+.

The spear chuckas are for objective camping and hero sniping. Once the heroes are gone, it's just laying into troops for force battleshock tests.

i'm not opposed to losing a spear chucka to move around some points and losing a fanatic to free up 150 points.

This is my first list, using Bonesplitterz.

>two heroes
Nah mate - this isn't even your final form

Nah, man. Get 20 Arrowboys instead of 2 10s, they get double attacks.

So I just picked up a Soul Grinder that had been sitting in the back of my local GW for my Slaves to Darkness army.

It came with a 100 by 150 mm rectangle base. Is there an equivilent oval base I should be using? What do people use for 40K?

More? Cuz it's only at 1k. Boyz before toyz and all that, right?

Alright, I'll merge those units into one big one.

>More? Cuz it's only at 1k. Boyz before toyz and all that, right?
I mean that you should not be scared of using heroes in your armies - you will see by yourself when you have enough of them or if you tried to put too many of heroes on your list. I'm not a Bonesplitterz player so I can not rate your list but believe me - heroes can be really useful so don't try to play it as 40k

Sorry not double attacks. They get 30 attacks if they're in blocks of 10, 80 if they're in blocks of 20.

>not full spiders
I'm not really seeing the point. You cut into the real strength of the spiders by not having the Boss, Shaman, and Bellowing Tyrant combine to give 2 Mortal Wounds on a 4+. You might have more little grots for use as tarpitting, but you'd pretty much always be better off just drowning the enemy in hordes of spiders. Remember that Bellowing Tyrant's +1 means that you rolling a 4 gets counted as a 5 for the sake of proccing the spider venom.

>only 20 arrowboyz and they ain't even slingin' dakka together for extra shots
Why?

>slingin' dakka

BUT DAT'S WRONG, YAH GROT.

IT'S TWANGA!

>10 man arrowboyz
Naw son

170x105 Oval seems the best idea.

They don't have bases in 40k.

Coming to AoS from 40k comes with a tonne of bad habits from 40k listbuilding. For example, in 40k, most heroes are either backfield buff machines or just a formation tax. In AoS, they can get stuck in and really bring the pain.

>Coming to AoS from 40k comes with a tonne of bad habits from 40k listbuilding
Well, fuck me - I have to learn all these bad habits because I'm thinking about running a small Tau or Crons army

Since AoS has the retarded "measure from the model" rule should I just run it baseless until GW releases a repackage with an oval base?

>Spiderfang Grots
If you're considering playing Spiderfang Grots, talk to your local group about letting you legally run the Spiderfang Venommob formation. It technically doesn't exist anymore because of the fact it was for Goblin Spider Riders rather than Grot Spider Riders, but it does allow you to at least have a battalion. And a pretty nice one at that.

1 Big Boss, 3 Arachnarok Spiders, 3 units of Spider Riders. Gives everyone within 8'' of an Arachnarok immunity to battleshock and all the spiders get +1 to wound for 100 points.

A lot of people houserule base to base, so I don't know.

I'd base it, myself.

Hey guys, I'm gonna start a pure troll army soon.

I want my trolls to be a bit unique and look more 'traditional'. What are some easy things I could do to get that effect, I've never green stuffed or even converted before so this is all new to me.

I'll post some more images and try not to spam the thread.

>Since AoS has the retarded "measure from the model" rule
But most people are playing base-to-base so I would base it

Do you have any ideas about what you'd like to do with them, modeling wise?

so how about this
Allegiance: Spiderfang

Leaders
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
Grot Big Boss On Gigantic Spider (100)

Battleline
15 x Grot Spider Riders (300)

Behemoths
Arachnarok Spider (280)
Arachnarok Spider (280)

Battalions
Spiderfang VenomMob (100)

Total: 1940/2000

Heroes in AoS are fairly sturdy. Even the frailest character has more wounds than chapter master and your big critters will usually hit the double digits. Now, I seriously recommend you combine the units of arrerboyz. Unlike in the dark millenium, here your soldiers aren't morons and can fire at multiple units on a model per model (actually, attack per attack dice) basis, so you don't really lose much by merging them (aside from flexibility but who cares when you're flinging your opponent to death).

Sure, enjoy getting your gut fisted for trying to enforce it, though, since not even GW in its official tournaments uses that rule (well it's an exaggeration, but most mortals use base to base)

Maybe throw on some hair, beards and mossy growths. Also tails. I'm not sure on colour yet, I'm not sure a human skin tone will work, maybe a dark green?

I'm thinking of going overkill wiry the bases too, having the trolls in rivers and in big forests with trees and plants. I play maybe once a month right now so it's honestly more of a passion project to display because I fucking love trolls and other European folklore creatures.

You need bridges. Lot of bridges as terrain. Also buy some tiny (2cm?) trees on aliexpress - I have bought something like 10 for a 1$ IIRC

Yup. That's the 2000 point Spiderfang army. Run three Shaman for redundancy or 2 Shaman and 1 Flinger. Give Arachnarok the Battle Brew, give the Big Boss whatever and Bellowing Tyrant. The real downside of the Spiderfangs for now is that what you just posted is your only list. The only thing that might change is what's on the back of the howdah, and even then you're usually better off just doing triple Shaman since the Flinger is pretty terrible.

At a 1000 point, you drop the Battalion, and run one Shaman and 3x10 riders.

If I was going to go hard on the worshippers of the Spider-God, I'd maybe consider talking to the community I play with and -- just like you have to manually get permission to use the Venom Mob -- see if they would allow you to make a Totally-Not-Ghoul-Patrol requiring a Big Boss and 2 units of Spider Riders.

>can fire at multiple units on a model per model basis

Holy shit I didn't know that.

I'll have a look, cheers user

Thx for the infos: it's viable to mix Bonesplitter and Ironjawz?

Might want to look into learning to greenstuff fur and mushrooms.

Very.

Add in a few regular greenskinz (mainly the warboss) and you'll smash your enemies.

Brutes, arrerboyz and regular boyz make a fearsome frontline.

Ok I'll give it a go, I've heard about needing sculpting tools. Any recommendations?

You can also fire into melee and with units that are in melee

Okay, I'm gonna need a fucking tonne of Arrowboyz. Shame they're not a battleline.

Just pick a cheap metal or rubber tipped set up at a crafts store or something, it's not really that essential to get high quality sculpting tools like it is with brushes.

Games Workshop sells some if you just want to get that, but you'll pay extra.

Now he gets it

Ok, not entirely true. There is a second 2000 point list you can run. Shaman x2, Big Boss x2, and then 60 Spider Riders which you can either run in 3 groups of 20 or 6 groups of 10. No Battalion on that one, though.

Thanks for all the help user.

Remember to space properly your guys. AoS works on true line of sight and you won't fire into meelee if your guys block sight, so try to spread them 1'' between each other.

Savage Orruk Arrerboyz are the best ones, just FYI. They're also in at two wounds a piece.

In fact, you can even sculpt easily basic stuff with almost any precise metal tool. When I started, I used pliers and stuff lying around, and managed to do nice chaos stuff (and blood pact mask), so you may try that before buying tools

Slaanesh Battletome when?

I really want to play, but just running marked Slaves of Darkness is kinda boring. I want new cool models like Tzeentch and Khorne.

I have bought a bag of 10 d10 as a wound counters for 2$ on china site

Probably last. We've had Tzeentch, we're getting Khorne. Nurgle will likely be next (judging by the Death Guard paint coming out and rumours of Mortarion), followed finally by Slaanesh and Fulgrim.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
Daemon Prince Of Slaanesh (160)
- Axe

Battleline
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Axes
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes
10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (120)

Units
1 x Chaos Spawn (60)
5 x Chaos Chosen (160)
- Mark of Chaos: None
2 x Fiends Of Slaanesh (120)

Total: 940/1000

Ok these are my 3rd party collection I managed to scramble in order to learn AoS before my Slaves to Darkness SC will be shipped and assembled. I was also able to find many mutated magicans but couldn't find any unit that would fit.

Are there any necessary accessories for playing AoS I should buy or is a measuring tool and a handful of dice enough to hunt the uncorrupted?

>mutated magicians

Nothing in the whole Tzeentch line they could be?

Magisters? Gaunt Summoners?

Which sub factions will come for humans? What do you think?

Various Chaos things like Kairic Acolytes but for other god.

Probably some kind of Azyrite version of Empire stuff and Sigmar zealots.

Possibly more tribal looking non chaos dudes.

How's this list for Ironjawz VS. Skaven?

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Battle Brew
Warchanter (80)
Black Orc Big Boss (100)

20 x Ardboyz (360)
10 x Brutes (360)
5 x Brutes (180)
5 x Brutes (180)

Ironfist (60).

Comes out to 1460 for a 1500 point game.

nice choices i recommend slaanesh/nuglifying 40k cultists and bloodreavers. get bits from the old marauder kits too

might work actually if I add some greenstuff. It might turn out very nicely.

SKY DWARFS BTFO
youtu.be/FjvyfRHebcs

Some user posted fluff for some empire across multi books forget the name tho

>I DON'T LIKE IT WAAAHHHH
also why is this man walking around his house? just sit still for fuck sake.

>they don't fit in with this

>They don't fit with the setting
>Literally just Gyrocopters that existed thousands of years ago taken to their logical conclusion

I heard a few threads back that friendly models don't block LoS.

Give it mortal wounds on the charge (D3)
Either drop halbards to 1 damage or make it 4 attacks

Drop shit black Ork big Boss.
Buy another mega boss or a wierd nob shaman. Your brutes will need mystic shield, and you need a way to drop skaven big nasties down a wound tier before they hit you.

The ones there already are.
>Freeguild's replacement
Generic human dudes that are based around combined arms and unit synergy
>Devoted of Sigmar
Priests instead of wizards, units that either laugh at battleshock or laugh at it because they're flagellants. Basically Kairic Acolytes except for Sigmar, supported by various other priests and
>Collegiate Arcane's replacement
Mixed race giga-wizards and giga-wizard accessories.
>Ironweld Arsenal
Siege machines and siege machine accessories.

The last two will just be half-factions that exist to plug into the others, rather than fully supported factions like the whatever Freeguild turns into and the Devoted of Sigmar. Those two will be more legitimate armies, both focused around internal synergy. General orders and maybe something akin to 40k Guard commands as a gimmick, while Devoted end up as prayer machines though the limitation to only applying to Devoted units will stick. The only thing really new about the sub-factions will be the layer of paint that gets slapped on top, ie what sort of retarded design they can do after seeing Fyreslayers and Overlords.

ALSO... drop a unit of brutes for Gore Gruntas
> ib4 BUT INTERNETZ SAYZ THEY SUKKK
Well yeah they suck. As heavy cavalry. But you something you can slingshot around a flank (moving 2D6 plus 9") turn one to threat his warmachines. If he shoots them instead, congrats he isn't shooting the brutes. If they make it, they will munch a war machine in short order

They really arent good in comparison to brutes. Theyre only decent when they actually geht to do a charge when there is no enemy within 8"

The lantic empire. They were a technologically advanced human civilization that spanned several realms and were the single strongest human faction outside of azyr.
They'll probably either look like fantasy scions or generic high fantasy humans, unless they give them a completely cool concept like hey did with the overlords.

Lantic Remnents when? Or is that pretty much free guild and Arcanum Collegiete?

No, they were seperate from them.

There's mention of the 12th Lantic Empire, so it had been destroyed and rebuilt a lot. They're not from Azyr.

Huh. Can get 210 bucks worth of spider riders for only $129 on ebay. Fuck if that isn't tempting.

Wouldn't be surprised if you see something like and the Lantic Empire end up as the Freeguild + Ironweld faction, with another being the Freeguild + Collegiate Arcane faction and a third Devoted of Sigmar faction.

>completely cool concept
Well, we spotted tumblr.

What you guys working on?

Painting through silver tower muscle men at the moment. I enjoy painting half naked men it would seem.

How the fuck do I do that gradient shit?

I've tried to do wet blending and glazing and none of them ever work out.