Post worst yugioh cards

Hey, here you can post old cards that now are useless or simply doesn't fit the meta

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh-card.com/en/limited/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wait.
That could be a one shot. Assuming the enemy had no deny effects. Plus, it's the only the hand. If you have stuff on the field, this can carry through and have a good follow up.

>200 points of damage
I never understood why this damage was so low. What, were they afraid someone was going to pull an OTK with it?
>20 card hand

I think this combined with maxx c and a bit of luck

I'll just leave this here.

Unless you're trying to make Thousand Eyes Restrict, I see no point for this monster.

Did anyone honestly try to run this?

Not even decks that can bring out thousand eyes restrict would run that.

Unless there are specific cards to fish for comically low stat monsters, literally just use a wildcard fusion material monster.

I havent touched yugioh since i was 12.
Why would anybody use this?

Are you serious? Now that we start with 8000 life, we'd literally need to draw more than our deck.

>Now that
It's always been 8000 life since the first rulebooks.

Mill protection. It lets you draw through your entire deck then drop the ten cards you need least to keep you from milling out. There's decks it could work in, but if you've got a deck that can draw through 2/3 he deck in one turn, you should be able to finish it before the next turn.

Why is yugioh dead

It's not, Veeky Forums just hates yugioh.

Spotted the guy who only watched the anime

I believe there were cards that let you draw until you had X cards in your hand.

But instant fusion though

For a 900/700. There are instant-drop two stars with better stats.

Do you really think we summoned it for its stats and not its body/levels?

3spooky5me

Unless its really long in the back, I'm guessing there is no way for this guy to have more than like 35 eyes.

What if his pupils are made of eyes?

It's slowly being resuscitated thanks to the mobile game.
Everyone hates the new rules though. And by "new rules" I mean anything more recent than vanilla rituals and fusion, and by "everyone" I mean the normies that make up a huge chunk of actual sales.

That one's okay in some of the weird spinoff games where there are strange deckbuilding costs and requirements. You can do worse for 3-star cards (But Dragon Zombie is king)

Really? I thought this board liked Yugioh, it is a card game where a good amount of strategy is involved.

This card is the best.

This was secret tech in Dark Worlds.

man, I love those old cards. Back then none of the people in charge had any idea how the game would work, so they tried everything. Suddenly there were cards that were terribly useless and cards that were potentially devastating, like Cyber-Stein and Delinquent Duo.

>pic related
at least they tried

>Cyber-Stein
I can't think of one fusion monster that's worth the 5k LP sacrifice, especially after synchro became a thing

that is only because of the ridiculous powercreep yu-gi-oh has. the point was that , similar to other card games, the earliest sets were compromised of literal garbage and the best cards ever.

Yup. Cyber jar, morphing jar, pot of greed, mst, black hole... Fuck, even some of the garbage cards gained the potential to be broken afterwards, like the skull servant.

doesn't activate darkworlds [they have to be discarded] you're thinking of fableds.

THAT LITTLE SHIT JAVIER LIED TO ME IN HIGH SCHOOL.

FUCK.

I can see that being useful in a stall deck.

This board hates any card game that isn't Magic.

What other TCGs other than MtG and YuGiOh are there?

pokemon

Pokemon, Force of Will, Buddyfight, Vanguard, Weeb Schwarz and a lot of untranslated Japanese games. And dead games count too.

One of the old OTKs with Cyber-Stein was:
>Summon Cyber-Stein
>pay 5k to summon Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon
>equip Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon with Megamorph
>since you paid the 5k, your 4500 beater becomes 9k
>smash their face

Times have changed, but with some of the other fusions available, there's a few more crazy possibilities, but even then, paying 5k for it is pretty garbo unless you win the duel right then and there.

yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Instant is such a good card it made a shit card playable, doesn't make fusionist a good card.

Target your own set spell to gain free spell counters

>That one's okay in some of the weird spinoff games where there are strange deckbuilding costs and requirements.
Any examples? I've been looking for something to do with my old garbage-tier cards.

But that could be easily countered even in that meta.

WarCry

you guys aren't even trying

>kaiba tried this in WC05
>waboku or some shit him
>copycat BEWD
>attack stein

It's funny how in early Yu-Gi-Oh some 5-6 stars monster had worst stat that some 3-4 stars monsters

As for dead games that played well, Duel Masters/Kaijudo & Naruto were actually quite good.

Naruto still hurts. It had one of the greatest resource systems ever and then they fuck it up by introducing cards which turn into dudes when used as chakra.
Game died not six months later iirc.

World of Warcraft TCG

;~;7

I haven't played Yu Gi Oh in a long time, but I have kept up with Magic. I seemed like the way Magic tied the power level of a card to both snall numbers (2 attack vs 1500, for exanple) allowed then to more easily adjust their stats when they added effects (it's pretty hard to judge if a certain effect is worth exactly 500 attack or 1000 or 1500 or so on). That and the fact that Magic tied their power directly to how many lands it takes really anchored their power creed fairly well.

That said, Yu Gi Oh did akways have some trippy as fuck card effects. Seems they still do, and honestly that's pretty great. Magic has gotten fairly stale in that naby sets will have the "standard" cards. That is they might be slightly more or less powerful than their previous equivalents, but they serve the same purpose. At least with Yu Gi Oh the higher numbers definitely gave you the feel that certain cards were better.

There are worse cards out there.

It stopped being like that? I remember even in like seventh grade looking at YGH and being like "what the fuck is even going on in this game"

I assumed that was just the way it was.

I was also the only kid in my entire school who actually knew what Soul Exchange did. Everyone thought it swapped one of your creatures with one of his.

Anybody else know that feel?

that's kind of a cultural thing

japs are more used to counting those kind of numbers because they do it with their money

10 bucks is 1000 yen for example

i was the only kid who knew mystical space typhoon didn't negate card effects.

But it does? You just activate it before your opponent flips his card.

Remember when this card was good? Neither do I.

Gate Guardian was never good, but it was cool as shit.

If new Konami was tasked with printing Gate Guardian right now (or a retrain of it), what do you think its effects would be?

the components were dope as fuck with their effects. Giving Gate Guardian nothing at all made no sense.

Link3: 123
Cost, 3 lv/rank 7 mons
Effect: during your mainphase banish 1 Mon linked to this card to destroy one card on the field, this monster cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

It negated continuous spells/traps that didn't already blow themselves up as part of a cost. That was it, though, and it was because of specific rules surrounding continuous shit.

I still forget that sometimes.

Too bad ZA LIGHTNING kills it, but yeah this fucker

Check any thread about MTG. We also hate Magic.

Suijin saw some use in Legendary Ocean decks, where it was a 2700/2600 monster with a decent effect and only one Tribute needed.

Before the Link rules?

Sanga of Thunder, Suijin and Kazejin become Xyz monsters (Materials: two lv4) that can activate their effects by detaching an Xyz Material.
Gate Guardian becomes an Xyz monster requiring the three of them as materials. Its effect lets it discard an Xyz Material on either player's turn to reduce the ATK and DEF of all the opponent's monsters to 0 until the End Phase.

>Veeky Forums is actually replying to a yugioh thread

I fell like this would be good against Yubel

So has anyone found a counter for this yet?

Okay, that might be worth it in 2006 meta.

>You're a big rabbi

The only way to counter a rabbi is with an oven.

for jew

No it doesn't, that's not negating anything that's destruction.

kek

Dies to removal

Also aren't there decks that rely on weak fusion monsters to do crazy shit like Magical Scientist?

Let's look at the anime/manga version of Gate Guardian

>Bypasses the effects of Labyrinth Wall that prevent monsters from attacking unless they get close enough.
>The three components remain on the field (in addition to the "Gate Guardian" card), and must be destroyed individually. It can survive with only two parts, but its ATK/DEF are lowered.
>The components can each use their barriers once per turn, even while combined. The barrier can block attacks against any one monster you control, or exclude that monster from the effects of Mirror Force (though Mirror Force isn't negated). It can't block cards like Spellbinding Circle.
>You can have the components attack individually (and they still bypass Labyrinth Wall), but must give up Gate Guardian's normal attack to do so.
>Has "Dark Guardian" as support, which can only be summoned while Gate Guardian is in the Graveyard.

Sounds like a Xyz monster, or a bunch of Union or Link monsters.

Actually, having larger stat numbers allows you more granularity when balancing cards.

In MTG, if a creature would be too strong at 3 power but too weak at 2 power, you're stuck. In YuGiOh, you could find the middle ground between the equivalent effects.

The real problem with yugioh is the lack of a resource system.

Given that there are usually about 15 threads dedicated to discussing MTG, I seriously doubt that. People don't spend hours talking about playing games they hate.

dude are you even trying

>Guardianger Suijin, Guardianger Kazejin, Guardianger Sanga
>Once per turn, during your opponent's Battle Phase, you may negate the destruction of one monster you control; if it would have been destroyed as a result of battle, reduce all battle damage to 0. If you control "Gate Guardian", this monster's attacks cannot be negated; in addition, increase "Gate Guardian"'s ATK by half this card's ATK, and its DEF by half this card's DEF.

>Gate Guardian (11* DARK Warrior/Fusion/Effect, ATK 0, DEF 0)
>Can be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck (during your Main Phase) while you control 3 "Guardianger" monsters with different names, and may not be Summoned by other means. Destroy this card if you do not control at least 2 "Guardianger" monsters with different names. This monster cannot be removed from the field except by its own effect, takes no battle damage, and its attacks cannot be negated; also it cannot declare an attack in any turn where a "Guardianger" card declares an attack under your control. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

>Dark Guardian (12* DARK Warrior/Fusion/Effect, ATK 3800, DEF 3800)
>"Gate Guardian" + "Guardianger Suijin" + "Guardianger Kazejin" + "Guardianger Sanga"
>Must first be Fusion Summoned by banishing the above cards from your Graveyard (You do not use "Polymerization"). This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

I think something can be done out of that.

Gate Guardian
Rank 7 Monster / Xyz / Effect
3 Level 7 Monsters with different attributes
If this card would be destroyed, detach 1 Xyz material from this card instead.
During damage calculation in your opponent's turn, if this card is being attacked: You can target the attacking monster; make that target's ATK 0 during damage calculation only (this is a Quick Effect). You may only activate this ability up to the number of Xyz Materials attached to this card per turn.
This card's attacks can not be negated.
Once per turn, you may activate this effect: For the rest of the turn, this card can attack up to the amount of Xyz Materials attached to it. If it does, its ATK becomes equal to one of its Materials for each attack.

Not sure how to template the multi-attack thing. Or if such a thing is even necessary since it seems pretty good before then.

How would you make this family of cards useful?

I'm thinking something like
>Petit Moth (1* EARTH Insect/Tuner, ATK 100, DEF 100)

>Coccoon of Evolution (1* EARTH Insect/Effect, ATK 0, DEF 2100)
>"Petit Moth" you control cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects, and its level increases by 1 after each player's Standby Phase. If this monster is used for the Synchro Summon of a "Great Moth" card, that card is immune to your opponent's card effects for as long as it remains face-up on the field.

>Great Moth (8* Insect/Synchro/Effect ATK 3000, DEF 2900)
>"Petit Moth" + 1 non-Tuner monster
>You may Synchro Summon this card during either players' turn (this is a Quick Effect).

>Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth (12* Insect/Synchro/Effect, ATK 5000, DEF 4500)
>"Petit Moth" + 1 non-Tuner monster
>You may Synchro Summon this card during either players' turn (this is a Quick Effect).

I think it needs some effects besides the immunity thanks to Petit Moth, like maybe reducing the ATK of monsters on the field when it's brought out.

Normies don't even make up 20% of TCG-region sales. Competitivefags shell out most of the region's income because of the incredibly nose-bleedingly rare cards required for casual play. Casuals and Normies are a drop in the bucket by comparison, and that's including Casuals that buy literally every set and have never been out of date.

Zork beats Exodia

bump

>WATER
>Level 4
>Fusion
Let's you make Bahamut Shark ,which summons Toadally Awesome. It's good because Norden is at 1.

add limiter removal for OTK

bad meme

The thing about modern yugioh is these once-useless old generic fusions are now quite good due to the existence of instant fusion and xyz. That one especially.

Excellent translation to modern yugioh.