Warhammer 40,000 General

This isn't /r/ edition

>previous thread
>This won't make it intact to the next thread so who cares
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtkwaT1Fcu8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First for the Dark Eldar!

>.99 cent bit
>$9.00 shipping
Fuck these grabblers...

xth for at least it's Duncan and not a shitty meme, good for you OP

First for making Storm troopers not awful

I don't understand why bits sellers charge so much for shipping

Hoard o' bits which seems to be the popular one charges 7 dollars for domestic shipping

They're awful as a standalone army.
If they were an Elite choice for the IG only, people would have a higher opinion of them.

They just need more than two units.

Basically, copy-paste the D-99 regiment and give them all 4+ armor. Problem solved.

Not sure why they charge so much, but it may be to help incentivise people to make bulk orders.

Castellans helps them out a lot. At that point they're basically another troop choice for Guard armies.

I'm pretty sure Hoard is only 4 shipping

They have the axe that was looked for.

Typically they have the initial cost, with no additional cost (or a very minor one) for things after that. It's to encourage people to make larger orders, instead of nickel-and-diming for fifty cent bits.

>tfw Elysian carapace armor scrapped to make way for more 30k wank

Anyone got a firework knight weapon lying around? Need to know it's size, exact or relative to a model is fine

Bingo

You loose money in overhead if all your time is spent sending out single bits to 100s of different people.

Plus most of that money for shipping actually does go to the post man.

>firework knight weapon
what?

>Working on CSM
>Also have a bunch of Deldar I want to do

Fuck

>implying they aren't just making more knight heads that no one will ever buy

Guessing autocorrect from forgeworld

HQ scion commander has senior officer stats
scion platoon as a troop option (command squads retain the junior officer)
voxes grant board-wide coverage
option for chimera transports
veteran sentinels

that's all I'd really want

I would buy the Knight heads if I was making Mechanicum Knights. I think they're pretty fitting for that aesthetic.

But I made my Knights to be knightly and sheit.

dumb phoneposters

I'm considering being a filthy marine hipster reaver.

Where would I find the rules for Carcharadons, and are there unique bits for them?

I have all these 30k contemptors, is there any loadout for 40k that isn't shit?

Well, I found out my Warhammer buddy is a piece of shit, and it's bothering me to where I'm making a tangentially related post on a Tanzanian alphabet soup image board.

I've known the guy for at least 15 years, I went to school with him, and don't really know how to proceed.
He does have legit mental problems, moderate bi-polar that they're treating, and knew he'd been kicked out by his mrs. There were rumours around our group that he'd hit his wife, and that was why he was kicked out. I'd been doing stuff like painting Warhammer, playing video games etc with him to distract him from his break up.

However, I found out over the weekend that it wasn't a one off (not that a one off is justified anyway), but over an extended period of time he'd abused her pretty solidly. Apparently ranging from pretty violent to pinning her down and spitting in her face while yelling at her. This'd go for a week or two at a time, die down for 4-6 weeks then start again.

Given all my painting etc has been with him it's kind of killed my desire to keep going.

Forgeworld and FW downloads, Badab War stuff.

FW chapter update has all their chapter tactics.

FW character update has their Void "Captain"

30k probably ate all their legion specific shoulders. shapeways has some pretty good 40k stuff on it.

I love the NL contemptor.

Afaik, 40k contemptors are better for melee than ranged.

at least he's not a Tau player

I'd like true platoon style. Some Heavy Weapons with Infiltrate.

Snipers teams with a Master of Ordnance upgrade.

Demo Charges.

Get him to go to a therapist.

>Get a bargain deal an a bunch of OOP minis through a friend back in November
>Paid less than half the retail value when they were on the shelf, even though they're sought after on eBay
>Friend messages me to say he has them
>Haven't heard anything about them for 3 months
>Mention it to them a few times, but don't see any action taken
>Don't want to be a dick about it because it was a sweet ass deal
I just want my pewter toys.

If it's a hobby you enjoy on your own then you'll get back into it in your own time, don't force it.

If it was just a way for you to bond with him and hang out, then it might be best not to do that with him anymore.

Be honest Veeky Forums.

Have you ever been in a YouTube BatRep?

He's been seeing one.
I don't know how much they're helping, because we don't talk about it much (Real talk isn't my strong suit). The impression I get is more he's started hiding his feelings from me when we do get close, though, as I told him what I thought rather than what he wanted to hear, even before I knew the extent.

I kinda look like Mitch, t-that counts right?

>LIST FANTASY COMPETITION
Look at my list, bring up a fun but competitive list (read: not WaaC) you would/do run at that points level, and tell me how you would beat it.

>HARD MODE: Tell us how it would beat your list.

WE GET IT, YOU POSTED THIS SHIT THIS MORNING

WHINE ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK WE'RE HERE TO BE NERDS

No but I do want to start a channel for it for games at my FLGS. No one other than me paints their shit though.

Forgeworld* my bad

Would love to start one as well, but don't really have good enough terrain to record on and can't play outside tournaments in my FLGS.

Still wondering if this will be a decent list for ITC tournament? I don't need to win I just don't want to be the biggest loser there.

Why, I'll destroy you in combat after charging out of my extremely durable transports, of course.

Some problems

>Lascannon HWT

Take two Mining Lasers instead.

>Battle Cannon Russes

take Autocannon Russes instead.

>Aberrants

No.

>Mixed Metamorphs

Avoid this. I'd also shy away from Bonesword Leaders, regular leaders are alright but boneswords are grossly overpriced.

>Nobs in a Naut

I want to believe.

As an addendum, it shouldn't be the worst thing if these are just the models you have. That SubUp is begging for a higher model count, but as it stands it's not the worst thing.

>tfw need to use a distraction to be able to field my Land Raider

This is so wrong on so many levels.

yep

Thanks, working on an update based off what I have assembled/painted. will post in a sec. I appreciate the feedback.

>Some Heavy Weapons with Infiltrate.
>Snipers teams with a Master of Ordnance upgrade.
>Demo Charges.
changes/adds too much stuff, really

The reason I suggest companyHQ/platoons is because the armies will be made up of the same kits, just slightly more efficient about it.

Regular scion squads should be allowed to take medics, though. FNP's not much, but it would help them be a little less glass-cannon-y.

>I2

I actually don't know that deal is with those nauts, I've never seen them used before.

>taking a screenshot of the listbuilder
>taking a screenshot of the listbuilder without going to print preview
>naming your screenshot to mimic the default filename of lists put out by the listbuilder's print preview download

How tough are knights in play honestly?

Which book is the Plasma Obliterator and Haemotrope Reactors in?

-Ok so I'm locked into the battle cannons, they're glued and painted and no sponsons. the front wpn can be swapped out though. I got these as a swap with a friend.

-Dropped the Aberrants added more Metamorphs and made them all the same

-Also took the mining lasers, I'm working with Catachans as my Neophytes so I'll need to do some converting or just use the models from the DW:Overkill box I have.

I'm a new player that's started with Orks and was wondering about something.
I've heard that 'evy armor is rather bad for boyz, but I use it on some of my boyz to pad out my points as I physically don't own enough models to fill in the points otherwise (I'd also do things like take wreckin' balls for trukks and such) and after having played a few games, the 4+ save was surprisingly effective at keeping my boyz alive and it kind of makes me want to keep some boyz with the armor even if I have more models.
I was wondering if this was just me not knowing whether or not more units would be effective or if as the point limits raise more and more weapons make 4+ irrelevant.

Metamorph Upgrades are good, just not in mixed units.

you'll want to deploy Whip units against higher I targets, deploy Claw units against tough targets, etc.

Looks significantly better, though you might want to split the SubUp into two SubUps in order to get the metamorphs down into five-man squads.

Great, thanks for all your help!

roll with it, dude

4+ saves aren't the greatest, and you'll find that out the first time those boyz come up against a heavy flamer, but unless you're playing in make-believe Veeky Forums optimization land you've got some wiggle room in what you take without things completely shitting the bed.

Where's your anti-air?

'Eavy armor is a bit overpriced, AP4 is a bit too common considering autocannons and equivalents are rather popular, but it's not the worst thing. It can be really good if you're focusing on melee.

>GSC
>Anti-Air

Don't twist the knife, though he could really go for an Allied/CAD/Hive Fleet detachment of Flyrants and Mucolids.

If you paid for them and he didn't deliver than you need to get on his ass about it

Life advice time.
People that do this are not friends.
Second bit of advice
You generally should avoid business with friends.

why would he need to avoid business with friends if friends apparently don't do that?

Is there any fluff on Tau vs Craftworld eldar? How do Tau deal with all the shit eldar have, and vice versa?

Not that user, but can they not take an icarus array somewhere?

how good is he
he seems fucking crazy

That helmet would be perfect for a Talos conversion.

or just the normal mark V helmets

>only 6 weapons
HAHAHA what a faggot.

Holy shit i just noticed the saws below the palms. Das proppa choppy dat is.

Anyone know where to buy in Europe?
I used to buy from maelstorm games but looks like they are gone.

Games Workshop is a british company.

games workshop also decides how much a product is worth, then doubles it and puts it in their store

would be cheaper to buy from local

Well... Fuck.

Also, Talos would just be an aspiring champ with a combi-bolter and powersword wouldn't he...

Got some help with this last thread, can I get some more thoughts now theres been edits.

Can anyone with the Traitor Legions book confirm or deny that the Shriekwave relic is one use per battle?

I'll need a different Lord build if that's the case.

So my FLGS is having an escalation lueage soon. In terms of atcually playing the game, if I stay away from scatbikes is the start collecting eldar too powerful? is there a better way to, well, start collecting eldar? I think jetbikes are cool, but will likely build a more infantry/wraith construct army.

I say this only having only before played an army that focuses on shooting and has no physic power, so I fully understand that cheese mongering faggotry is no fun for anyone. but I play for aesthetic and im looking to start a new army.

>having only before played an army that focuses on shooting and has no physic power
Gee I wonder who that could be?

Is this too much Dire Avenger? I already ahve two squads of five, but I was thinking of adding a DA Shrine since I had enough points left (and I couldn't think of anything else to add).
With this list, I have 1849 points, according to Battlescribe..

Which is why trepidation to start eldar, but damnnit if I dont find those vase-heads sexy as hell. Lore also tickles me science fiction boner.

I chose Tau before I knew what the state the game is in. While I still enjoy them, I've assembled a playable force and really have no where to go with them.

Also fuck the 'cron, Ive never beaten them.

Necrons, Tau, or Skitarii?

Literally tyhe worst IG list ive ever seen

So lion has been retconned to be dead
Reeeeeee

saurce?

Once per game you dirty faggot
Serves you right for taking dicks

What does this have to do with 40K? Your friend happens to enjoy 40K so what? Are you gonna post this on the forums and threads of whatever else he enjoys?

Somebody delete this post.

>5 attacks split between either S x2 AP 2 Armourbane or S 4 AP 3 Shred

Yeah, he's a choppy one, he is.

>links OP
>OP has mega link
>mega link has TL book

I wish there was something I could do to make Craftworld fuckers stop taking our units.

A daemon takes Ezekiel to the death of the lion where the lion gives cypher a mission and then dies

Yep.

In the Iyanden supplement and Harlequin codex.

It's speed vs speed and trying out-tactic each other.

you need at least one more Leman Russ

>Daemon

He is not dead. He is KO'ed. He seems to be dead but in current times he is stirring in his secret room in the Rock.

anyone player Eternal War on PC? Its now free to play... and I'm not going to lie ITS FUN

you just need to give it a day and it will grow on you

well fuck. thanks for letting me know.

My conversion muse has been assraped and I don't know if I even want to collect EC anymore

tanks are gay

Do Guardsmen take xenos prisoners? How likely is for a Guardsman to capture and rape a female Eldar?

WTF is going on with that riptides arm?

>is there a better way to, well, start collecting eldar?
since they don't have a battleforce anymore? not really

you've got to buy your stuff the old fashioned way