Hero Forge/Miniatures

So a friend of mine introduced Hero Forge to me a few weeks ago and I gotta admit I'm addicted. I've started spending hours creating miniatures for my game nights. Has anyone else made any cool characters with this or any similar sites?

Post em if you got em. Pic related is my Monk for 5E. Gonna dump some more to get the thread started.

Generic Viking/Barbarian

Slutty Necromancer

Drow Sorcerer

Robot Cowboy

I just ordered a pair of characters this morning, we'll see how they turn out when they get here.

iv got a few that iv designed but haven't bought some im just waiting for them to put the right parts in others im still not sure if their just right yet design wise, one day I will do it.

here my design for a Ctarl Ctarl character I may run in my outlawstar/cowboybebop game Reesha ko ko

Here's my Shadowrun Oni Bōsōzoku razorgirl Black empress.

Im hoping they add a pompadour option soon, the flopped Mohawk was the closest I could get.

Here's my Human Rogue.

and heres my MAAG (make ameirca America again ) shadowrun mage Minuteman.

im not satisfied with the face he's definitely a work in progress, I want to make him older and more grizzled looking. But the hat stays, he fucking loves that hat.

I just ordered some minis from Shapeways, some 3D printing service. Getting them made in sandstone. I didn't design them though, I have no idea who did.

Oh boy, do I EVER. Meet Huygens "Hogar" Von Oberwald, half orc from his mother's side who was a scullery maid in a wealthy human businessman's estate. Having sired no other children, the businessman took Huygens as his own and raised him on books and fencing lessons. Despite the lad being thick as a brick, and twice as clumsy, his memory retention, together with his natural half orc strength and knowledge of etiquette in high society fueled his desire for adventure.

I messed around with the Half Orc setting to see if I could squeeze him into the most poncy outfit I could find.

Also, here's a Dwarven Bard I made to adventure with my Half Orc Ranger/Fighter, his name is Angus McCartney, and his lute hath bin bless'd by the Gods of his mountain. The strings forged of a magic metal that doth resonate with the lodestones to cry music that make the valkyries weep.

Also the party cook. Hence the saucepan for a hat.

They are recruited by Dancer Cristal (like the Champagne) Redford who needs them to protect her while she takes her magical mcguffin to do the magical thing at her patron saints shrine.

She has a cute pussy.

But Cristal (like the Champagne) has some bitchy ass, overprotective sisters who nanny over her as the youngest since their parents died. Here's tight leather-clad rogue Ruby Redford who likes birds. One bird. A large bird. And her kukri.

Finally, rounding this imaginary party up is the avatar of the anti fun gene, the BIG sister to Cristal and Ruby, paladin Clara Redford. She'll have you know, she's just big boned. Big enough to wear proper armour and take hits all day. And the heal the party, the ungrateful heathens.

She can't tell her sisters who they're allowed to show their tits to, but she'll sure as hell try.

Too lazy to actually make my characters at the moment but in the meanwhile BOW AT THE INEXPLICABLY CAPELESS RULER OF THE CENTURY'S END

Next up is THE WILDLY INACCURATE TOKI OF THE NORTH STAR BECAUSE THE SITE MAKES EVERYTHING LOOK CHUNKY AS FUCK AND THERE ARE NO HEADBANDS

And here is an only slightly less loose approximation of Holy Emperor Souther in his combat suit because anything else was hell on earth to make

Wouldn't be as bad if there was a similar sleeveless shirt and the pauldrons were so ridiculously thick. I'm noticing the pattern that all Hokuto no Ken characters need maxed musculature, height and very high build to even look recognizable. Raoh had all 3 + weight maxed

>here my design for a Ctarl Ctarl character I may run in my outlawstar/cowboybebop game

>Outlaw star/Cowboy bebop game
I hope you have fun, you lucky motherfucker

>heroic scale

thanks, im hammering out the homebrew rules right now for my session 0 powerpoint. then going to post my custom flyer at my FLGS and see what happens.

its my first time GMing but im going to go all out and do my best.

>Hokuto no Ken

my brethren of African American descent. they look great, Toki doesn't look to bad, but I love Raoh.

here's my Jagi that I just made after getting inspired.

NOW SAY MY NAME!!!

>session 0 powerpoint

This is what happens when hipsters on blogspot get into RPGs.

>helping the players understand the rules system and char creation in a condensed easy to follow format is bad.

here's your (You)

Wish they sold the meshes. I have my own printer; I might not be able to match quality, but it'd be nice to be able to replace your mini if something happens to break.

>blogspot

Nice MySpace post, gramps. I won't bother waiting for a reply, since I know you'll need a new AOL CD before you can post again.

Are bronze minis worth it?

r8 my waifu lads

don't worry, heroforge is terrible shit quality and this is a shill thread.

>terrible shit quality

How so?

>shill thread

Not a shill, just genuinely curious poster.

> sending an email isn't cool enough for me, I need it to be in .pptx format so they know what a unique individual I am.

Most of the RPG intellectual types I know of still use blogspot. Plus Tumblr gets overused as an insult.

>don't worry, heroforge is terrible shit quality

How so? is there a better alternative?

Dreamworks face.

I use PowerPoint for when we meet in person. its easier for the players to wrap their heads around and demonstrate/sell the game to them and it encourages group discussion about the game, the characters and the setting.

I put the extra work in because I want my players to understand the game and have a good time that's all.

I made this orc shaman a long ass time ago.
Never ordered, but I know I planned to do his cloak in a light, dull lavender and gray tiger stripe pattern.

You're quite full of yourself. At any point did you realize that maybe people who might be interested in your game don't want a fucking lore-dump before they've even gotten into it, and have them trapped by social convention for an hour+ while you ramble on?

Just send them a fucking email, goddamn.

> I put the extra work in because I want my players to understand the game and have a good time that's all.

No you are doing it to feel cool and professional about adult play-pretend. Stop.

>being this triggered by dedication

I grant unto thee your final (you) spend it wisely my child.

I'm triggered by virtue-signalling, not dedication. Dedication does not mean you wasted time on meaningless bullshit.

Is it normal to end up in a blank page during the checkout?

I've made a few for my party because 1) I want to get into painting minis and 2) I thought it'd be something nice/fun to do for the party.

I think I still have the screenshots of mine, I'll try to dig them out and post them

>These people are having badwrongfun! There's no way anyone could be enjoying this.
And he's the one that's full of himself?

I had to stop and rename the files once I found them so my player's names weren't in them. I had asked each player what their favorite color was and that wound up being used as the basis for how I plan to paint them.

This player has a black Dragonborn and liked blue. The character is from near the mountains so I'm thinking blue hide with white on the little details/fluffy part sounds... arctic-y?

Both of my elven people liked dark/royal purple so that's probably going to be the robes. Thought of trying to use yellow/gold to do the accents on the robe, if I could afford the paints, but I'm not sure if that would look nice or not.

Also, shoutout to the WIP generals on tg- I stole someone's recipe for flesh tones on there that I want to try, and my FLGS pretty much just sells the citadel paints.

The other elf, same color scheme. I was tempted to add a magic-y effect in her hand but... yeah. I decided that would be well beyond my current ability to properly paint.

Last is the Gnome (though we actually have a fifth player who joined after I ordered everything). The Gnome's player loves orange. I couldn't think of what to put in his hands (he's a vampire so he doesn't really use weapons, just a ki focus) and they looked weird empty in most of the poses, so I just added alcohol (mugs, steins, whatever, that were added aren't pictured, sorry). I figured the player would love that. I'm probably going to paint it like normal black and white dress clothes but with a bright orange cloak, tie, and boots.

(Oh right, classes!)
Dragonborn Beastmaster Ranger
Elven Cleric, Bow-user, obviously
Elven Wizard (that particular staff has a really cool crystal thing on top)

Nice, didnt think the thread would take off like it did.

OP here.I give her a THICK/10

>muscular Half-orc

patrician taste.

Anyone?

In my opinion not really. they jack the price up a 30 mm mini is 99 bucks. they look pretty that's for sure but if I design my custom super special character waifu/husbando miniature to use I want to either paint them or get them painted and to me the premium plastic is the best. its not the most durable of all the materials but its decent and it shows the detail and the paint adheres to the mini better.

>tfw never painted a mini before and no real inclination to start doing so

Probably just gonna get the bronze.

I'm pretty far into my campaign so if my character ever dies I'm probably gonna get a giant bronze version of my mini made.

>tfw not a poorfag.

What looks better for my campaigns Antagonist?

One?

Or two?

It looks like the only differences are the shoes and left hand. Barefoot villain is too distracting. Skull looks better than skull-flame. I was originally going to say the skull-flame looked a little better with the skull mask than the skull, but the more I look at it, the more skull looks better than skull-flame.

I'd go with number one.

but some boots two and you have a winner, or give the magic skull to one.

What game?

These things are so cute

it's all about the right poses

Grimwyrd. They post reports in gurpsgen occasionally.

Looks cool, if a bit expensive.

I can see artists using the sight to get a basic reference model.

There is a screenshot button on site.

Stop right there, fleshies--I mean, scum.

Interesting, but I wouldn't order.

I mean, GW single figures are $33, these are $30 and are way more customizable.

I'd love a few for my campaigns, but not sure how the quality looks.
Anyone actually order from them?

I wouldn't give GW $33 either.

If I dig up my old lead miniatures, could I profit? I'm sure I have some beautiful Ral Parthas somewhere.

Where's my two-handed rifle pose?

Depends on what they are.
Some of the better ones, like the Space Marine whispering to his grenade or the Sunglasses Commissar, will sell like hotcakes.

Can i rip the 3D model and use a 3D printer to print it?

Probably, I think they already use 3d printers.

OP here. Bought the premium plastic for my monk. Looks good, solid, tight. Paints nicely. The nylon however is brittle and sandpapery. Dont recommend anything but premium.

Pic or it didn't happen.

Anyone got a picture of a physical mini from them? I'm interested in seeing what they look like quality-wise.

Doesn't exist yet. They just added two-handed sword stuff. I think that midevil stuff has a higher priority.

It sucks.

They're really bad. Usually frosted finish for the nicer ones because 3d printing just isn't that good and these guys don't even have a nice printer.

The models quality range from complete shit to mostly shit.

You are full of shit dude. I had a model done a long time ago before the had the high quality plastic and it was the clear-ish plactic. The detail was very good.

There are tons of picks online of unpainted minis by them.

I cant paint worth a damn though.

It looks like you didn't thin your paint, but at least it gives an idea of what they come out with outside of the 3D images.