Im starting to think /r/yoyhammer is a joke

im starting to think /r/yoyhammer is a joke.

>want 40k for cheap?
yes
>dont want to pay gamesjewshop jack ass prices?
yes
>want knock offs not real model?
okay
>not 10/10 quality. but still passable
still okay

>no way to contact recasters without playing detective on google.
>cant post any threads with general questions without mods deleting everything
>search for sub-reddits on google. only shows threads from a year ago

i dont get how a recaster can cast a model, look at it missing a leg/hand. and toss it in the bag and ships it to you. the lack of consideration is ridiculous.

not saying it should be 10/10 full detail but at least make/send a complete model not a piece of shit. people really paying for that?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungan_language
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>i dont get how a recaster can cast a model, look at it missing a leg/hand. and toss it in the bag and ships it to you. the lack of consideration is ridiculous.
They're Chinese. That's kinda what they do.

hell im all on board for getting knock off 40k. knowing it will look 5/10.

im not a huge painter/model hobbies so all i do is spray it black and call it a day. i know for a fact thats gonna cover the horrid recasting. i had a recasted tau model once and u wouldnt be able to tell it was recasted unless u stared at it.

but sheeeiittt..... how chinese home boy gonna throw in a bag something they know is gonna go straight into the trash bc its missing arms/legs

Welcome to doing business with the Chinese, user.

That user was right. Doing business with China fucking sucks. At least Russians are either scammers or legitimate. There's very little distinction in China.

I once worked at a company that decided implementing cost cutting measures was necessary because they didn't want to reduce executive bonuses during an economic downturn. They sent their engine schematics to China, where they had previously been made in Germany. The German engines had a miniscule failure rate with maybe 2-3% factory failures. The Chinese ones had about a 50% failure rate from the factory with an even worse rate at the 1 year mark. The Chinese response was "lol what do you care? That's how they're supposed to work. Of course they cost half as much. No problem here!" Then the Chinese company folded under threat of lawsuit and opened with a new name in the same location 0.5 days later, or something like that. kek

This and some shit in a 'you will never learn Japanese' thread gave me inspiration for generic fantasy bullshit.
High elves would write in Chinese, each brushstroke carefully and artistically made with finesse and grace because those niggas can live long enough to dick around writing tons of little boxes and squiggly lines. They'd get some bonus to int.
Then you'd get low/lesser elves who'd write in Japanese with a majority of Hiragana, sticking some fancy looking high elf Chinese in here and there for complicated concepts or to look cool, and through the centuries, the meanings of the same character begin to differ. They're not as long lived, so they had to make up for it with syllabic characters and squiggly lines.
Dwarves write in Korean and/or Katakana, taking elements of Chinese and Japanese and simplifying it immensely to communicate with the tallfags they occasionally meet with.
Then you've got orcs or fallen elves or whatever the fuck and they're stupid as hell so they just write in cyrillic.

im surprised recasters like "z" doesnt just mail u a bunch of random plastic bits smashed with a hammer. not like paypal covers buying illegal/infringement items

I bought like 300-400 Dollars worth of Recasts by Z. He even shipped a new commander when I told him the last one was shit. Pretty nice guy. Only thing I don't like is how much cleaning up you have to do with your models. But it's fucking great. I rate most of the models undistinguishable from the Original, and only one was bad, like I said above.

Be nice, get nice treatment.

Been buying yoy for nearly 4 years now cause AUS games workshop is fucked. Nearly every model ive gotten has been a perfect cast. Bought a Sicaran that was same quality as a mates straight from forge-world.
Missing parts can occur but you email them and they send you the part straight away. They're trying to make money just like everyone else.

Recasters ask specifically NOT to hand out information to anyone due to getting shut down. It literally takes 30 seconds (Hell I just did it) to search for recaster information on google or yoyhammer. Finding the contact info is easy that's how I was able to start buying.

Ever bought recasts that werent from ebay before? Cause the main big recasters pack their shit with so much padding its fucking impossible for anything to break.

i dont mind doing clean up or spending extra time working on the models.

what i want to know is if i get a shit model am i stuck with it or will 'z'/other recasters send you a make up one?

i dont plan to contact him saying: "hey monkey face ya fucked up on my order send me new shit or ill sue u". but from what i read in the FAQ your shit out of luck if u get a bad model and they wont give a shit about it.

It depends on his mood. Maybe he responds, maybe he doesn't. Order extra.

If you get a really shitty model or are missing bits/badly broken bits they should replace them if you send them a nice enough email with pictures.

There's reviews for nearly every model on yoyhammer. Just search the model and try find the recaster youre going to use to see if its any good.

thats the kind of thing i want to ask but mods on that board just go deleting happy. cant get any straight answers on side things like this

do you have to pay for a replacement?

ive seen the reviews but am not convinced on the below 5/10 quality for models i want to get. and 'z' is the only one who does them from what im seeing others post. and i cant even ask in general if other recasters do said models bc thats against the rules as well.

i wish they put up a sticky that simply said:
"X recaster does Y armys based on reviews/catalogs" and update it as it goes on.

>the things poorfags get up to

It never ceases to amaze me, seriously.

Ausfag here, why not just import from the UK? Either from eBay or from a UK reseller or UK GW using a shipping forwarder? Cuts down on the AU prices by a good 30-50% typically. At least you're getting good quality minis that way rather than Chinkhammer.

Yoyhammer is really uptight about information.
Z got shut down for a bit and had to change contact a few times and 2 other recasters were shut down because everyone was spouting contacts and info everywhere.

Generally you dont pay for a replacement and they send you one. Other times thy send it when you purchase from them again for free. Varies.

Z's improved a bit over the last year and definitely has the biggest catalogue. Every other caster mainly focuses on forgeworld.

this interest me. pls continue

>Chinkhammer
>mfw

i understand the privay. i dabbled before in underground sales of items (nothing illegal just scalping) and i told to tell others by word of mouth and to never write anything down

i found an email but idk if its the right one. i want to email a 'hey is this the right person?' but the faq says doing that will get u black listed

i cant freaking spell. i told people to tell their friends about my deal thru word of mouth never text/writing

Just go on ebay on search for whatever it is you want, for example, I wanna get into admech. Skitarii start collecting is $140 shipped from GWAU, it's about $100 shipped on eBay from the UK. Definitely worth.

A good UK based reseller is triplehelixwargames, their prices are pretty good. You've got a bunch of choices for shipping forwarders, just shop around and find the best prices and one that seems trustworthy. Generally their shipping prices will make the most sense when you are buying in bulk rather than a single box, so you probably wanna save up to buy at least two or three different things at a time. Otherwise generally eBay is better for individual buys from my experience, YMMV.

We definitely get hyper-kiked with the prices here so I just import all my models and pirate the books.

>>the things poorfags get up to
>It never ceases to amaze me, seriously.

No kidding. "Hey, I can't afford this extraneous expenditure. I'm going to waste 300 hours buying an inferior copy that's liable to give me cancer just for looking at it. No, I won't just save up or live within my means. I absolutely need a giant Space Titan Death Destroyer Megafuck Shitkill. Wait what do you mean that it's lower quality? Jeez why can't they just make one as good as those overpriced GW models? Those GW models are so overpriced! Anyway these recasts are absolute shit and I'm not convinced by the quality, can someone show me where to get a better but cheaper version?"

Poorfags should be exterminated tbqh

For more inspiration for the Orcish, you can look into Dunganeese.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungan_language

>I'm going to waste 300 hours buying an inferior copy that's liable to give me cancer just for looking at it.

but but but... i said i was okay and aware with low quality i just want them to be whole and not missing half their bodies....

If the email is idk or ldk in it you're fine.

That's what you get for dealing with the chinese, aka people with no creativity or originality so they make shitty counterfeits of other people's ideas.

"Comes with all the pieces in the box as advertised" is part of "quality" and something you're paying for when dealing with a recognized multinational legal entity subject to your local laws, as opposed to a pseudonymous amateur in the basement of an industrial waste processing facility in China.

>as opposed to a pseudonymous amateur in the basement of an industrial waste processing facility in China

kek

not getting too into it but thats the one i found except its several years back and im reading he recently changed emails so.. gg

NEETs sure do have a lot of time to track down cheap chinese knock off toys to stretch their birthday money out as much as possible, just no time to find a job.

>the lack of consideration is ridiculous.

He makes literally less than the lowest paper denomination of money in your country a day and that's just enough to put one bowl of rice on his table for each of his family members. You think he gives a shit if some fat white fuck doesn't get his toys all in one piece?

>being some poorfag chink means he's allowed to have lax quality standards
The end of colonialism was a mistake.

Ordered from Z a few years ago. Everything showed up, 7/10 quality, no missing pieces. Would do shady grey-market business with again.

They did try to screw me on currencies, calculating the price in USD then sending an invoice in Euros. One email and it was resolved.

Because Z is a nice dude and also wants people to keep buying his stuff?

Recasters are actively in the yoyhammer community and don't rip off their customers. If they do then there will be negative reviews and noone will buy from them anymore
Stop sucking GW and FW dick, they're inflating cost because they're single handedly running the companies into the ground and as long as they have their stranglehold in the UK they could give less of a shit about international sales. It's gotten to the point where LGS can't afford to have the product in their stores and I personally know that GW reps are HUGE fuck ups that have problems fulfilling orders.

Still answers that one. Put in a small order to test.

Is getting some models from recasters as painting practice worth it?

why are noobs always worried of ruining their models painting them? you can strip a shitty paintjob, the only thing you should pay attenton to is spray priming whichsi hard to strip on nonmetal.

>i dont get how a recaster can cast a model, look at it missing a leg/hand. and toss it in the bag and ships it to you. the lack of consideration is ridiculous.

>I don't get how they can give me cheaper prices by spending less money on quality control

Yeah shit I dunno either mate, that seems weird to me.

>>being some poorfag chink means he's allowed to have lax quality standards

>charging less in return for less lower quality should be illegal

I hope you get cancer of the rectum

I'm convinced someone is retarded if they don't understand why recasters exist.
Hint: It's not because people are poor

Bollocks to that mate.

I'm certainly not a poorfag; as someone coming back into the hobby after a few years away I can see why people would rather have a punt at a couple of £10 Forge World Dreadnoughts they would have never bought at full price.

Besides, knowing FW genuine ones will have slight mold slippage too, but not enough that you feel like complaining and calling them. Just the nature of handcast resin molds.

How should you prime resin and plastic?