EDH/Commander General /edhg/

ACCESSORIES edition

Previous Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

What accessories do you use/swear by/avoid at all costs when you're looking to suit up your deck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mhZqSKABjGQ?t=77
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kruphix-hydras-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

POST 'EM

i still carry around my decks in a shitty scars of mirrodin fatpack box held together with duct tape and free political bumper stickers i stole from the college cafe

I double sleeved a deck and will never do it again. 100 single sleeved is perfect for shuffling and double just makes it clumsy.

I use pic related for my Squee deck because it's the deck with all my money cards. The rest just go into one of those deckbuilder's toolbox boxes. The fat packs are fucking awful for deck storage. The top always catches on shit.

i should really get a new box for my cards

Nah you're fine.

>What accessories do you use/swear by/avoid at all costs when you're looking to suit up your deck?
I typically double sleeve my decks because I play with some people who are very careless with their food and drinks at the table. It's not really necessary if people aren't eating/drinking at the table, but considering the deck lists I've seen posted around /edhg/ an additional $20 isn't going to make or break your fucking bank account when you whop out a $900+ deck on the table.

Anyways, if you're going to double sleeve, I've found older KMC Perfect Size sleeves to work the best. Newer Ultra Pro Pro-Fit aren't bad either. The only problem with this is that KMC got bought up by some chingchongs who don't give a shit about quality anymore so good luck finding ones that were manufactured before the acquisition.

I use Dragon Shield for outers. Always have. The new ones are fine too.

I double sleeve everything, all of my EDH, modern, and legacy decks as well as my entire cube and a ton of cards just laying around.

KMC perfect fit inside, dragon shield mattes outside.
As for boxes: satin towers and monoliths are the best.

Post cards you always run and new players never expect.

>brags about money cards
>refuses to double sleeve
enjoy you're ruined cards, fag

>so poor that he thinks mentioning good cards is bragging

That sounds like suicide in many decks, why would you?

Also what happens when you run out of those 3 spells?

takes the top 3 from every player. when a spell is cast, the player who cast it picks a card from the pile and casts that instead of their own spell, then adds the card that got replaced to the pile.

If you play Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and cast Curiosity on it you win the game?

you get to deal an amount of damage equal to the number of cards you can draw without drawing out, which is pretty sweet

Now that I think about it, you can prevent them from casting their commander this way, but still they can cast something super powerful and kill you

knowledge pool specifies "from your hand" unfortunately, but i like the card because it forces everyone at the table to think hard about what they're doing. it really makes games more interesting when the monogreen player can pull out a counterspell from the pile to stop the monoblue player from dropping an avenger of zendikar.

also worth noting, teferi + knowledge pool is a really unfair thing to do to your opponents

>Hands are too shitty and small to shuffle double sleeved decks
>Want to use waifu sleeves but only with character guards because sleeve quality sucks

Nice. That's going to be deliciously spicy tech in my Jori En deck.

For the life of me I can't double sleeve with dragon shields. The top of the perfect fit always slides off a bit right when it's fully in.

Post list! I love Jori En I need a deck with her as the commander

I had to slide my finger down inside the dragon shields and push the card down to the bottom to fix this. You just have to be careful not to stretch out the outer sleeve.

I used to single sleeve. Several of my once-valuable cards are ruined because dirt gets in the top, then the sleeve presses it into the card.

>this is now an old card
Jesus.

I know but I love riffle shuffling and it just feels good to be able to manhandle your cards. I want to build a worthless deck sometime just so I can shuffle naked cards. It would probably trigger my opponents, as well.

>riffle shuffling
Oh, you just don't care about your cards at all.

Well how the fuck do you shuffle then? Are you one of those nerds with a shuffling machine or something?

You mash shuffle them slowly, double sleeves make it really easy.

AMONKHET SPOILERS WHEN

Brewing Riku with Clones.

Is running Threaten effects saccing/doublelegendarysaccing any good at all?

Clones in general aren't good so just do what you want.

>Clones in general aren't good

What the...

Pauper EDH is the best for naked cards. I have a bunch of decks that I just don't care about, and its very freeing to be rough and tumble.

No you shouldn't, that thing has gone a full 180 from piece of shit to cool.

You should really get a new redpill because your political thinking is cucked and Soros controlled as fuck

I have a Lovisa warrior tribal deck and there is literally not a single card I want from the new duel decks.

They're just stickers he took from some college thing, I doubt he's making a sincere political statement.

he better not be

Bullshit, he's playing Teferi as his commander

I don't doubt it. Got a decklist?

I'm afraid not.

>brew Jhoira since the announcement
>oh boy I can't wait to get reprints of all the time counter shenanigans
>not a single one
>not even Jhoira's Timebug
>instead we get some kind of generic spellslinger garbage with storm, arcane and suspend spells that already begin with less than 4 time counters

Wizards couldn't disappoint me more if they tried

The friction on the side of the perfect fits going into the sleeves still pushes it up slightly though, no matter how hard I try. But dragon shield has perfect fits as well now so I'll try again with those.

what about shuffle-tech?

Here's a common technique to fix any issues with double sleeving: youtu.be/mhZqSKABjGQ?t=77

On the other hand Rift Bolt, Snap, Beacon of Tomorrows and Coat of Arms are all cards that are way more expensive than they need to be.

Finally polished up my deck a bit tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kruphix-hydras-3/ any suggestions

I use the ultra pro towers, dragon shield mattes.

I avoid KMC/UP/and regular Dragon shield Sleeves. They are the worst. I wish the mattes came in more colors.

I also think the chessex ppound of dice on amazon is 100% essential for any edh play group. Always enough dice for everyone.

DOUBLE SLEEVING IS FOR THE BIRDS

I like it, is it expensive?

So how do you produce a ton of mana for the X spell?
Why don't you run mana rocks like thran dynamo? Also there's a red green commander that adds 4 mana and you can cast spells with X in their cost with it.

>Finally able to double sleeve the expensive cards in my Oldzilek deck
>Don't have to get a heart attack when playing near liquids
Holy shit where can I sign up to suck your dick you queer?

>expensive?
for edh, no
>mana for the X spell?
land tutors, enchants

They are usually inefficient unless they cost two Mana, can copy artifacts for 3 or anything for 4

Though i like stunt double in child of Alara because instant speed destroy all non lands

I dunno man
>forcing the Nekusar on the table to take mill pain
>Copying blazing archon so the full pillow fort can't come down on you

They don't do anything.

They give you a version of the strongest thing on the table.

They used to be better before the legend rule change though.

THIS, I started playing EDH after the legend rule change, but I imagine the meta before would've been soooooo much different

I'm not saying they are bad just usually over costed and one less threat in your deck.

If I cast a Clone copying a Prossh, do I get four tokens?

>Goblin Guide
The Fuck even is this? I cracked one and it seems like some niche fuckery.

It's modern "staple" for some reason

it's not etb as prossh, so no

Cards are powerful because of synergy.

RDW staple

>What accessories do you use/swear by/avoid at all costs when you're looking to suit up your deck?

Dragon Shield Matte Blacks, KMC Perfect Sizes, no exceptions. I carry my decks themselves in regular oversized plastic deckboxes, in a PirateLabs case. If I'm only bringing one deck, I use a Satin Tower.

Wrong. Don't give advice if you don't know how to play the game.

But why? Lantern control ya sure whatever, but really, how often are you going to swing with a 2/2 that has a bullshit effect?

>random letters
Yup sure user, but why?

Clone isn't Prossh on the stack. It only turns into it as it enters, as replacement effect. Prossh has a cast trigger.

Go look it up, you're casting the clone, not Prossh

But it does enter as Prossh.

okay, so I misworded my original, however Prossh triggers on cast, so no kobolds

Sure, but copying a blazing archon, an ashen rider, an eldrazi titan or anything like it for 2-4 mana is still a strong play.

Veeky Forums being bad at mtg again. RTFC, retard.

RDW - Red Deck Wins. Gives no shits about CA, only cares about tempo. Essentially, it's the modern-era inheritor of Sligh or to a lesser extent 10-land Stompy. It runs Goblin Guide because it's a 2/2 haste for 1 mana, and gives no shits about randomly smoothing the mana of its opponent, since the goal is they'll be dead soon anyway.

RDW is basically *the* aggro poster child. If you're used to EDH, you can easily forget that with one opponent and 20 life, that's a thing.

Goblin guide is a staple in naya burn. A 1 mana hasted 2/2 that best case gives you info about your opponent's next draw and worst case ramps him is pretty damn good.

That's accurate, but the way you worded it implied that you wouldn't get a normal ETB trigger either, which you totally would.

He literally said "You're casting the Clone, not Prossh", and Prossh has an on-cast trigger. Nothing about his statement is wrong.

Anyone else wish myr were better to run as tribal? I like their art so much more than slivers but slivers have the symbiosis thing nailed to a T.

The Clone enters as Prossh, ask any lawyer.

>it's not etb as prossh
>He literally said "You're casting the Clone, not Prossh"
yeah that's not the same thing.

Mono red, you gotta play blood moon right?

>Correcting people when you're wrong
It enters AS what it's copying, this means that it will get any ETB effect of the target. Cast triggers not though.

See

I still play it in EDH for hilarities sake. It has actually won me more games than some other decks, mostly due to simple wincons and hasted commander damage

>Lol you're wrong if you were replying to this post that you weren't replying to idiot XD

He literally said "it's not etb as prossh, so no" which is wrong.

Learn the fucking game Veeky Forums. Clones even literally say "enter the battlefield as a copy."

>completely derail edhg for a few minutes by miswording what happens when you clone prossh

Come over here and I'll give you something to keep that stupid mouth occupied.

what's the cheapest deckbox I can buy that will still hold my sleeved cards snugly

Legion or UltraPro depending on the shop.

I'm pretty sure UltraPro has some cheap Commander deckboxes for like, 5 bucks that should hold 100 cards double-sleeved. I'd recommend springing a bit more for a Satin Tower, though.

well I mean kaladesh just dropped, you could do like some artifact-creature tribal instead

Dude is it really this hard to read the cards?

I like the dragon shield slide boxes.

>ramps
?

Kaladesh came out half a year ago.

Yes

I made a mistake desu.

Has it been that long? Regardless both it and Aether revolt could do the trick

that's twice in the past 30 minutes someone didn't understand the concept of mana ramping