sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/

Doing accents/voices for your characters, too much effort and difficult to maintain, or worthwhile?

Current campaign ending soon and my next character is a Svirfneblin Awakened Mystic Urchin, and i was thinking of trying to go for a Durance-esque Pillars of Eternity manner of speaking, including the cryptic bullshit.

Well you see, now they can use Intelligence for everything. Can't have WIZARDS needing wisdom, now can we?

user, as having played a War Cleric for a year and a half, i can tell you that, while Spirit Guardians is great, it pales in terms of damage output to comparably leveled wizard options.

>it pales in terms of damage output to comparably leveled wizard options.

Okay. The comparative level is 3.

I'm not remotely speculating on wizard vs cleric performance past level 6, mind, but if wizards become great damage guys compared to clerics, it sure as hell isn't in the level 1-6 region.

How would you guys build a dex pally

I was going to go SnB, dueling and shield master. I know PAM pally is best damage wise but we really need a tanky fuck.

Probably was going to do Devotion or Vengeance.

I'll be level 5, also I have my choice of two uncommon magic items, I was prob going to do a cloak of protection and a +1 sword or mithril splintmail

Just practice with the accent a little bit before the game starts. Don't try going super over the top with it, make it something you can hold up for at least a minute of continuous conversation.

It's worth it if your group likes that end of the RP aspect, or as a fun joke if your group is more there to talk shit and just play a game. Personally I say worthwhile.

D&DBeyond isn't bad, but you can't click on any of the numbers to calculate attack, save, damage values.
It's just a glorified system reference document and not actually interactive.
What's the point?

Speaking of wizards and clerics, I have a wizard in my party with one level of cleric. She already uses half plate, but now it seems she's thinking of getting a shield. I know of all the bullshit involving casting with your hands full, somatic + material components vs. somatic only, etc.

My question is, should I care about this? Should I go with the rules and require War Caster, or accept that the wizard can have 19 AC (24 with shield spell)?

Getting you to pay more money for the same content?

The control aspect of Spirit Guardians is part of what makes is such a good spell, and it IS fantastic, but a non-conentration 8d6 will typically do more damage to equal or more targets than Spirit Guardians will over it's duration.

That isn't to say it never will be better, it's definitely better if you have a high HP target and ways of keeping concentration, such as warcaster+resilient(con), and it's much better at holding a choke point, or delaying/kiting opponents.

In terms of raw damage output though, a fireball is much more likely to deal more overall damage in an average encounter.

As for options beyond level 5, your next big hitter is Flame Strike, which does identical damage dice to fireball.

It's literally the second goddamn day of the phase 1 beta. More features are in the process of being added.

The eventual point will be to act as an all-in-one digital campaign manager/character sheet builder/reference tool, as a subscription service.

Does it have an integrated dice roller?

i just hate the concept of wizards mastering domain features before a cleric does. what a load of crap.

Does Mystic work like tulpa stuff? Like, making a creature with powers that manifest as psionic effects?

I AM ON THE SUBWAY RIGHT NOW AND THE WIZARD IS THERE AAAAAAAH

Tulpas aren't real, and no, mystics don't work like that.

But I don't want or need a spell that cleans up CR 1/2 garbage and does precious little else. I want a spell that helps with big fucking out of depth menaces (the things that kill people, generally) and does an average of 101 damage over a minute and will probably be usable in the next fight as well, plus the 9.5/r - whatever a miss takes out of that of Spiritual Weapon over that time. If I can sustain Spirit Guardians twice, then I probably already have Fireball tied.

Casters don't do single target DPS in 5e. You're asking for something your class doesn't do.

A fireball, on average, removes half the HP on a CR3 creature, which is the high end makeup of a fight, deadly, at level 5. Burst damage is much more important in a deadly situation than sustained, so doing such a substantial portion of enemy HP in a single round allows the rest of your party, hopefully, to eliminate some of the enemy.

Reminder that War Magic archetype can be applied to sorcerers without changing anything and it's still better than anything sorcerers got in UA

Since I know there's someone still out there that doesn't get this:

Mighty Leap: Allows you to jump up to 20' per point, no action cost.

Rapid Step: Increases your walking speed by 10' per point, costs a bonus action.

Wind Step: Lets you fly up to 20' per point, no action.

Step of a Dozen Paces: Lets you teleport up to 20' per point, bonus action, effectively costs all your movement.

Is there anyone who is now unclear on whether Mighty Leap ignores your movement speed and lets you just jump 140' and carry on like nothing happened?

People don't LIKE sorcerers, get over it. They're lazy wizards that have magic powers just because and operate off charisma just because. It's like having a fighter who's good with swords without ever practicing just because. It bleeds special snowflake and Mary Sue.

Besides, the only thing people use Sorcerers for is cross-classing bait anyway, in which case they usually break the game. You could remove sorcerers as a class entirely and the game would probably be better for it.

Fuck you buddy, I like sorcerers independent of how shitty they are.

You're not wrong, but fuck you too, whiner.

>something your class doesn't do

2d8+3d8+1d8+3 a round isn't bad by any class's standards.

You can use first level spell slots to make up for the fact that you're merely doing half a fireball every round for 100 rounds.

Why is the free 5eTools so much better?

The metamagic faggotry nerds begin to bore me.

Because it's free, first and foremost. It's not easy to get friends into the hobby when they have to buy a subscription for something.

Oi, I like Sorcerers. I honestly think if you use the spellpoint variant, give them some extra spells and maybe add some cool Sorcerer only spells they could be good.

I'll play them without that though.

3/8 isn't half, but putting that aside, you do realize that the ability to fireball WHILE concentrating on another spell is a fairly big deal, right? In dangerous fights, it's often better to use Bless than to have Spirit Guardians up, and in single target fights it's often beneficial to cast Hold Person if applicable.

One is made by passionate people motivated by love, the other is made by wage slaves that, at best, have zero interest in the subject matter.

That isn't even the best bit, everything is integrated so well. Why couldn't Wizards have hired Megaanon?

>They could be good if they have these three things that they don't have by default.

So they're not good, is what you're saying?

Because it's bad form to hire people you've enacted DMCA claims against.

Sorcerer+Spell points, standard spell progression up to 5th level spells, mimic warlock spell level 6-9 progression, sorcerer can still upcast with available points as per the spellcasting feature, without the single 6-9 slot restriction.

How should I level my Barbarogue grappler? I'm currently Barb 2 Rogue 1 but I'm not sure how I should proceed.

I did find a +1 rapier in my first session though so that was lucky. I'm playing AL so it's not just the DM trowing me a bone.

This is why Wizards is so behind.

If the DM lets you, pick up a level of Mystic for the Growth Disciple, 15 foot reach.

No one's going to argue they're not great. Nor is Monk, Ranger, Berserker, Champion, Purple Dragon Knight (Which I'm sad about) and Undying Warlock.

Which is why many people have varying houserules in place to make them better. Until the day some other classes get the love the Reworked Ranger got.

If you have to completely re-write the class as some homebrew thing to make it good, it's not a good class. The game already has enough casters anyway. The guy who said they were only good for cross-class bait was right. The only way to make sorcerer good is to use it's spell slots to fuel a better class's features, like Paladin smites.

Still not as god-awful of a class as Mystics though.

Yes, the class is flawed, which is why i've taken measures to fix it for my game. I share that fix when the topic is at hand, because its been positively received in my play groups.

>3/8 isn't half

27 vs 28... in exchange for a 100 round duration, ignoring friendly fire, etc.

Bless is good, but you may have to do the heavy lifting yourself. Hold Person is good... if you're fighting a humanoid, which are rarely single targets.

Besides, this was all in reference to a guy jerking off over the Mystic getting Inflict Wound tier damage scaling, and I needed to point out an ostensible support class is just as good. The point isn't support cleric vs damage cleric, just... that damage cleric is way more than adequate.

>
Yeah, except those classes don't already have functional versions that are pretty much exactly the same aside from the casting-stat. Wizards are a strictly-better version of Sorcerers. But Rangers aren't a strictly-inferior version of Druids.

>Almost April
>Half the replies in this topic are still sorcerers whining or showing off their homebrew "fixes" to the class.

Never change 5e General. Never change.

>If you have to completely re-write the class as some homebrew thing to make it good

Fortunately you... don't.

He's a guy with twinned Enhance Ability, Haste, or Greater Inviz, and at the end of the game has very limited high level spells known that he can twin as well as cash in lower level spell slots to fuel.

People don't like him because his fluff is "WHOA UNCONTROLLABLE MAGIC POWER..." and his crunch is "3e metamagic fuckery, ie the polar opposite of the sorcerer's 3e incarnation." Not because he's in any way bad, let alone Purple Dragon tier.

Thank god I can agree with you on the Mystic, that thing's a train wreck of bad ideas.

Also it would take no more work to fix the Sorcerer then the Ranger which most people are happy about. I also think "Natural Magic" is a more popular trope then "What's effectively a Fighter/Druid locked in archery".

Also it's been around a long time and going to stay there in every edition moving forward.

Wizards don't have metamagic, natural abilities and/or spontaneous casting. I will admit they're frighteningly similar though, but isn't Fighter and Barbarian as well?

Maybe I'm retarded but I don't see any changes to the Theurge. Is 'revisiting' it just literally posting it again?

Other than taking the attack action, Barbarians and Fighters share no mechanics.

I'm playing AL so only stuff from the PHB and one other book (I plan to go SCAG for BB and GFB with magic initiate).

Theurge can use any domain and isn't wis dependent.

Theurge should shut up those cocksuckers who bitch about "bawww, clerics use weapons and armor... this is bullshit! we need to make the Knights Templar dude the caster in a robe with a stick dude instead!"

Other then the spellcasting feature, Wizards and Sorcerer's share no mechanics.

They don't need Wisdom, because clearly the issue with the Theurge was that it made the wizard too MAD.

Essentially, all your spells and DCs are using int, when they used to be cleric spells and didn't switch from wis to int for features stolen.

I think you're talking about me there. Also yeah I like Theurges and have loved Cleric/Wizards from 2e.

I won't bitch about it much anymore.

They have identical non-saving throw proficiencies, hit dice, and ASIs. Things you can't even use in the other comparison, which is ignoring that Spellcasting and their spell lists are the defining features of both classes.

Fucking wat.

Good thing their Spell lists and Spellcasting works differently. Wouldn't want their main features overlapping.

Also the only fixes a Sorcerer really needs is Spellpoint Variant (an Official option) and an extra spell every level or two until 10 and an extra spell every even level after that.

Is there any creature sensitive to sound so I can use thunder based spell to paralyze them and pop their eye.

How does WotC manage to be so fucking retarded? How can they mismanage so badly what could easily be the best edition of D&D?
>Barely any content released in, what, three years?
>What's been released is mostly decent or pretty good, with strokes of genius sometimes, but also a lot of "what the fuck were they thinking" stuff.
>Unearthed Arcana (save for a couple of brilliant releases) has been rather uninspired and/or unbalanced
>Yesterday's UA. No further commentary is necessary.
>Release D&D Beyond 3 years later than they should have
>C&D great (free) D&D tools
>shitty P2W MMO tie-in that literally nobody gives a flying fuck about, when they could have sold the rights to an actually competent game company like Obsidian and let them make new cRPGs
>C&D the guy who was making an UA Codex (this pisses me off to no end)
>Make the FR the default setting, which would not be so bad if they actually bothered to fix stuff. The SCAG and SKT's info conflict each other, for fuck's sake. Also Mystra died but she's fine lmaooo
>Barely any support for Eberron, and NONE AT ALL for any other.

God fucking dammit. I could go on and on and on.
It would not bother me so much if D&D 5e was actually bad. The problem is that they're so close to greatness, so fucking close to a new golden age of D&D... And they fuck up massively.

user, part of the problem is that there is a grand total of 6 i think, its close to that spells on the sorcerer spell list that isn't on the wizards. And their Spellcasting Feature functions identically, because its a uniform mechanic among all the casters, so i don't know what you were even saying.

I'm playing a Cleric of Helm, and it's awkward as fuck that one of my Deitys defining moments totally happened, sort of, except it doesn't matter.

I have no idea what we're arguing about quite honestly. You believe the Sorcerer shouldn't be a class because it functions to close to a Wizard right? Also my point was about one having spontaneous casting compared to prepared casting, I much prefer spontaneous myself.

Hopefully they turn it around next year, with d&d5.5.

Every caster uses some variation of spontaneous casting in 5e user, prepared casting referred to when you would need to memorize specific spells on a per slot basis. Which is gone entirely from 5e.
The only difference is that a sorcerers spell list is only alterable on level up, with a smaller number of total spells than a wizard on any given day.

And personally, my argument is that the sorcerer isn't differentiated enough from the wizard, while also being mechanically inferior, and i posted my fix to that above.

Paizo will then release Roadseeker

My DM's next campaign setting is Ravenloft. Do I just roll cleric and fuck everything?

Well if you agree there's a fix I dunno why the fuck I'm complaining with you. Don't drink and Veeky Forums kids.

Roll a Paladin, purge the undead that plague our lands!

Which defining moment?

Time of Troubles, Helm killed Mystra cause she was a cunt who wouldn't listen. He was tasked with safeguarding the divine realms while all the other gods did their thing. She tried to get back anyway, and he had to put her down.

It alienated his followers, and he lost most of his worshipers on Toril.

>It's like having a fighter who's good with swords without ever practicing just because.

Like this?

His keeping of his divinity, whilst all others were relegated to avatar forms and wrecked havoc across the Realms was what caused his fall from Intermediate to Lesser status.

DandDwiki is not a source of official content of any kind, despite the name. It's mostly god-awful homebrew made by 14 year olds who watch too much anime.

Clever!

I'm good at growls and bellowing tones so those I do. I save players the embarrassment of hearing me attempt otherwise by narrating everything else in the third person.

Jesus Christ, what the fuck is up with Mystra? Why is she always getting herself killed in retarded ways?

What do people to think of the OotA demon lord stats? Wizards has plans of statting the arch devils in the future?

Paladins aren't flexible enough with their moral code to survive long in Ravenloft games I've been in

>That's evil!
>Yes and

Because the authors are retards.

Go barb 5 for extra attack so you can pull off the shove + grapple combo in one turn. Beyond that it doesn't really matter; level whichever class you prefer. Neither has any more features particularly helpful for grappling because grappling is a trap option you shouldn't be specializing in, but I personally went for rogue the rest of the way for evasion, uncanny dodge, and sneak attack to deal decent damage while keeping one hand free

Ravenloft's a setting of deep black and pure white, its perfect for paladins. If you step off the narrow path, you are probably going to become a disfigured mutant in short order.

Seriously, anything, ANYTHING that a paladin probably wouldn't like is going to make you a horrendous mutant in short order.

>get godmodded by a player
>i get pissed that the DM allows it
>somehow im the bad guy

Gotta love those special snowflakes who always get their way.

Okay, user, give us the story.

But that's not how you DM Ravenloft, you dummy. It's such a black and white setting, their commoners are Lawful Good, every single one of them.

You can be tanky in plate

People I know go here from time to time, I'd rather not go into too much detail. The bare bones of it is I wanted to do something, a lawful good character rolled persuasion to convince me not to do it, DM had me counter roll. My counter roll wasn't higher than her persuasion, so I'm forced to do what she told me to do, even though its against my characters entire personality to do so.

I mean if that's how it works why can I not just persuade an ally to give me all his/her money and not complain about it? It makes no sense.

1) Persuasion rolls against your fellow players are dumb and should not be a thing.
2) However, it sounds to me like you're playing chaotic stupid murderhobo rogue, so you had it coming.

There's no swordceror on dandwiki.

i think of it like, a cleric is trusting their god to give them what they need when the time comes. a wizard is investigating the divine in the same way as the arcane, as their god wants, and taking what knowledge there is to be found there earlier.

I plan to go barb 5 rogue X eventually but I was wondering how to be most effective while leveling. I realize grappling isn't the best option but it seemed fun to do and it hasn't disappointed me yet.

No, nothing of the sort. I wasn't trying to murder indiscriminately or anything, I wanted to take a magical potion that I found and keep it for myself. The lawful good character saw me and "persuaded" me to return it.

My character is obsessed with magic and magical items, being a loremaster. Nothing makes him happier than studying magic, finding magical stuff, learning about new magic and using magic.

So when I find a fucking magic potion in an abandoned town with no one around I'm going to want to keep it, not give it back to someone who isn't even there to get it.

It's still dumb. Wizard is a great class already, he should not steal the class' capstone before they get it themselves.

well, yes, true. but a wizard still can't play a cleric as well as a cleric can play a cleric, and in the cases that they can, a cleric will still always have more variety in their spellcasting anyway, due to not having to prepare them.

wait never mind that was stupid, i was thinking of a homebrew

this shit sounds fucking stupid. confront your shittastic DM over it, if they don't want to change then get out of there. no D&D is better than bad D&D

extra attack asap, recommended rogue rest of the way. Tavern Brawler feat is handy strains your bonus actions even further. Avoid Grappler completely. Get resilient in WIS. Pump DEX/CON/STR

>I mean if that's how it works why can I not just persuade an ally to give me all his/her money and not complain about it? It makes no sense.
Start literally doing that at every possible opportunity. The DM opened the gate, and now it swings both ways.

The advantage of sorcerer is that they can spam the spells they know faster and to a much greater extent than a wizard. It's a shame so many spells can't be twinned.

Ninja'ed loots from the party is bad table etiquette and it's pretty close to "That guy" attitude.

Why don't you give it to the party then state your intention of studying it and give reason why you would be the best person to keep it?

"BUT IT WHAT MUH CHARACTER WOULD DO" doesn't justify the players acting like a jerk.

I didn't steal it from the fucking party, I took it from an NPC chest we happened across.

I already tried explaining that I would be the best person to keep the potion since I'm the most experienced with magic and the person it belonged to was most likely dead or long gone anyway, but whoops my 12 didn't beat her 17 so she wins and gets her way.

Fair right?

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Colville and Mercer already explained how to solve any issues, just forwardport from 3.5e and 4e until you've fixed your problem.

Loots always go to the party first. You personally grab anything without discussing with the group first will be seen as stealing by the others. And you "explaining" happen after the fact, so everyone will give you a harder time to get away with it since they saw you as a looter now.

Seriously, it's just simple team work psychology and group manner. It's not rocket science.

Does the character actually have the strength required to wear such armor?