Warhammer 40,000 /40kg/

Default Edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First for Imperial Fists

Is "Start Collecting! Orkz" worth it? I want it mainly for painmob formation

>3
WARHAMMER 40,000: CHAOS SPACE MARINES
Q: What is the maximum charge range of a Helbrute that
has just performed a Deep Strike as part of the Mayhem Pack
Formation – is it 12" or 0"?
A: Units that have arrived from Deep Strike Reserve
cannot charge in the turn they do so, unless a rule
explicitly states otherwise. Once the Helbrutes have
arrived from Deep Strike Reserve, roll on the Crazed
table for them and apply the result as normal – for the
purposes of Blood Rage the Helbrutes’ charge range is
still considered to be 12".

What does this mean? Can they charge or not?

Does anyone here get seriously triggered by the way certain bits are packaged
>deathwing terminators
>has all the parts to make a set of shooty terminators, or a command squad, or a knight squad
>don't want those weapons and bodies to go to waste
>will need to get two more sets of vanilla terminators to utilize everything that comes in the deathwing set
>devastators
>comes with 12 weapons
>w-well, I guess I need to get an additional six marines to utilize them all
>oh well I guess that means I'll need a full tactical squad's worth
it's like a never ending chain from one set to another, in order to complete what is incomplete

This is why metal models in blisters were better, you could build the kind of Devastator squad you wanted without needing to pay for the extra bits you don't need.

>This is why metal models in blisters were better, you could built 5 man monopose clone squads.

deff dreads are shit, it's fine otherwise.

We march for Macragge!

If they roll a blood crazed.

>Units that have arrived from Deep Strike Reserve
cannot charge in the turn they do so, unless a rule
explicitly states otherwise.
>Can they charge or not?
kys

>orks are shit, it's fine otherwise
ftfy

>muh crack

ehehehe power fisting muh crack

Kindly no Gathering Storm. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

You joke now, but GW is continually driving the crowbar between a decent portion of the fans and the collective. The idea of considering nothing after 5/6th edition canon in terms of writing, collaboration and worldbuilding for shit like, say, the PnP or the like is becoming more common.

More shit than killa kans?
I mean whole unit seems pretty shitty, because Nobz + Boyz

Seriously speaking are we looking at more of End Times or Storm of Magic?
Looking to start collecting and I don't want to throw money at shelf destined models or stuff I'd have to wind up selling

twice the cost, worse BS, no better mobilty

>Seriously speaking are we looking at more of End Times or Storm of Magic?
#ASKGW

>I don't want to throw money at shelf destined models or stuff I'd have to wind up selling
That's the entire 40k line.

I don't know why people don't field more grot tanks and Mek guns. They're surprisingly worth the meager cost in points

I have a couple of questions regarding Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplains
1. Is it a good idea to place a chaplain in a plasma-oriented squad when facing CSM, in order to re-roll gets hot rolls through Preferred Enemy?
2. Deathwing Terminators have Hatred against CSM, allowing them to reroll to hit on the first round of close combat. Chaplains have Zealot, which does the same thing, giving the ability to reroll to hit on the first round of close combat, among other effects. Do these stack, does one become useless?

Grot tanks are FW rules and FW models (or scratchbuilt)

Mek guns are FW priced models (or scratchbuilt)

>Do these stack
No

You're implying people would take issue in Orks using FW rules as opposed to other armies?
You obviously wouldn't buy anything official, at the very least the actual guns for the meks and scratch build the carriages

WELL IS BLOOD RAGE A RULE LIKE THAT OR NOT???

Oh ok, thanks.

How do you find time to paint?

May Day starts at 0700, with gym and work at 0900 to 1700 then university from 1800 to 2200. Monday to Friday. Weekends I have to juggle between family, random weekend work, study, life in general.

Worst part I suck at painting even after decades of it.

get a leadbelcher pot man

They might be opposed to early 5th edition rules in a late 7th edition game.

Same as with other hobbies, it's to fill idle time, if you've no idle time there's nothing to do.

If I ever find time to watch TV I just do it then

There are alot of 5th edition borne rules that are still in use, if they have hull point values you're fine

user I don't even have a tv anymore, unless you count the computer monitors.

>family
do less with them. best decision i made and now i have more time for my minis

Ofcourse I'm referring to a computer monitor nobody owns a TV anymore

I painted my Mechanicus stuff between jobs when I got to live the NEET life for a few glorious months.

What do you guys think of Eternal Crusade now that it has bike free to play?

I like the animations, but I wasn't able to find a match.

It's F2P because it's dead

Sorry to hear you had a disfunctional family.

Do people even have computer monitores and proper battle stations? Or are we the last of our kind?

>I don't like change WAAAAAHHHHH
>GW must do exactly what I want WAAHAHHHH
leave

They can't charge. But for the purposes of the Blood Rage rule their charge range is still considered to be 12". So if you're within 12" of an enemy you don't have to run and are still able to shoot.

>tfw havoc boxes come with five weapons
>have to pay $100 to get all the weapon choices
>tfw you have to cut off bolter parts to get them on a csm squad

people actually do, you know? I mean my meta loves to spam mek gunz, they bring s8 ap2 to the table.

All you need are autocannons user

>Looking to start collecting and I don't want to throw money at shelf destined models or stuff I'd have to wind up selling
Start chaos you'll be fine or space marines you'll be fine

>not realizing the fickle Chaos Gods are based on the fickle corporation that sells you plastic crack

Bikes and mek guns are like the only functional ork army.

>bikes/mek gunz/deffkoptaz/tankbustaz+trukk/burna+trukk
fixed, though burnaz in a truk are purely suicidal unit

I'm doing Siege of Terra WEs, would you consider this enough to represent 40Kharn or is it too obviously 30Kharn?

Should I just pick up the 40Kharn model?

What do you guys think about my battleforged list for the tournament?

One of the rules is that the list needs to be fluffy so i decide to mane a Slaanesh army.

Looks great user, I'd use him in 40k. Kharn (and most CSM) have a shit ton of legacy armor from their Heresy days, he'd fit right in.

I think you're setting yourself up to get tabled by a tyranid player.

Never question GW business decisions!

Any ideas how to make it better? Point limit is 1500 and i have month to work on my army.

>not creating a space ship to avoid arrest.

>they want to be irish
>posting on /brit/

Is this viable at all or am I trying too hard to make cataphractii work

Storm of Magic and Storm of Chaos aren't the same thing.

Don't play Slaanesh CSM.
Literal, literal trash.
Just not meant to be played this edition and was just BARELY passable in the past due to leadership shenanigans when paired with heldrakes.

So Im making some heavy stubber teams for my LatD army, but Im having a problem: how do I model them? I have 2 heavy stubbers from chimeras and 1 cultist with it, but I have no idea how I should model them. Guess put the cultist on a 40mm base and add some wire/sandbags/whatever, but how about the chimera stubbers? I dont have any kneeling models.

>emperors children
>not playable

Nope, as a guard player I need every marine player to throw unused bits in the bits bin. Because that is the only way I can get enough meltaguns and plasma guns. Be happy to have extra bits.

>implying sonic weaponry range allows EC to be playable
Dude just face the facts, it's purely fluffy and not worth getting advice for. No matter what it'll still underperform. Tired of seeing this stupid Cockaphoney list

>Play SoB, Inquisition and IG
>What are extra bits

Privilege the post. Fucking marine players they have options and bitch.

Remember that every unit with an icon of excess has 4+ feel no pain, which is almost as ridiculous as decurion reanimation. Put your lords on bikes, put them in a bike squad and give the squad icons for T5 lords with 4+ feel no pain. Put the terminators into the trash where they belong.

Also probably bring a heldrake so you can actually do anything at all if a flyer shows up.

haven't really played since 5th

Wait, you mean you have WEAPONS OPTIONS? I have to salvage guard bitz and cut up my cultists to use them, becasue the only guardsmen are veterans in my army. And sometimes squad leaders.
>t.Lost and the Damned player

I'll repost this for the new thread:

Okay so with a bit of further analysis, excluding unit champions and upgrades and comparing only and equivalent points value of CSM and Rubric Marines (13 Rubric Marines compared to 23 CSM), the Rubrics will edge out in most scenarios except if the enemy has a 4+ cover save or better.

Furthermore if we compare wounds per point of a Rubric Marine with a Soul Reaper Cannon and a CSM with a plasma gun they are quite equally matched, with the Rubric pulling ahead at long ranges and the Plasma Gun at rapid fire range but only by very close margins.

With this we can identify that the main culprit of the Thousand Sons overcostedness is the Sorcerer. Though some small points decreases on the rubrics and they're uppgrades would be good to compensate for their reduced flexibility compared to the CSM.

My proposition is thus that the Sorcerer should be made more similar to the Scarab Occult sorcerer, and be given a second wound, possibly a second mastery level and unquestionably be allowed to roll his one power on disciplines other than Tzeentch.

I'd also propose to change the Icon of Flame to grant some cover mitigating qualities, it would make it worth taking in general, with with the overarching theme of fire weapons negating cover and be a good way to make up for the biggest thing holding back Rubric Marine shooting.

>trying to rationalise this hard

Are you using Traitor Legion rules? You should.
Sorcerer doesn't really fit in anywhere. He'd be better hiding in a bike unit, on a bike.
Marines should really be in Rhinos to avoid getting shot away.
Take Vindis naked, they don't need the extra stuff.

>Still only have one Aspect warrior kit in plastic
>Every single Eldar kitbash has those retardedly rigid and awkwardly angled Exarch weapons
>Meanwhile my friend bashed together his Chapter Master from 6 different kits.

If they bother you so much, sell them online or give them out at your LGS.

Okay that's nice, why don't you tell it to someone who is actually involved in the game design of 40k, rather than a turkish oil wrestling forum?

Got a counter argument? Preferably one based on math.

It's ok user. They're a garbage unit. It's ok.

Unfortunately I do not live in bongland.
Well I do have relatives there so maybe I'll stop by there while visiting them some day.

so I want to build a rather fluffy AM army

do you think there are Planetary Onslaught building that a worth taking? maybe a bunker or a fire point for HWT?

Thinking of getting back into the game, and threw this together at the office this morning while I should have been working.

Viable in 7e, or should I wait for 8e to see what gets buffed and nerfed?

Am I playing CSM right yet?
Don't know whether to attach the lord to the Spawn or the bikes.

Where is your anti tank/flyer.

I'd give you about 3 turns vs basically anything.

needs more cultists/10

Its not bad. Could be better, but that's like everything with Orks.

if you start now, start small 8th should hit soon, but rhinos and tac squads wont go away

>Waahh I have to do sweet ass kitbashing to make a unique as hell army for my Army: the Customizing.

I wish more factions had this option desu, but I started with Inquisition, so I have Acolytes ranging from Beastmen, Guardsmen kit bashed with Fantasy, Redemptionists (Necromunda), Chaos Cultists. It's my favorite part of the hobby

are female space marines inevitable?

>Should I just pick up the 40Kharn model?

Doesn't matter, but it's a good model.

I'm a noob wanting to play EC, using mostly marines as I'd like to be fluffy toward the actual legion.

Can I look at your, or whichever one you were thinking about, list to conpare?

I guess T6 spam doesn't really matter anymore?

Here you go.
Look up all the special rules that the Vectorium and Death Guard legion provide, it's the best available to CSM.

>Is a faction that no one is asking for inevitable?

GW may be retarded, but they are not this retarded.

I bought the start collecting and the truck boyz box last week and played two games with it.
the formation is pretty good but the Deff Dred never made it into combat in both games. not because he was destroyed but my nobz and boyz tabled the enemy before he could walk there.

Im not really whining, the best part of LatD is the fact that you can take any humanoid model and with some grenstuff and bitbashing you can get a really nice conversion. My only problem is that the cultists are snapfit, so I have to cut them up with my hobby knife to give them something. Thats why I never do it and send my platoons bare bones or with a vox caster max. Also, I suck at painting so I can just drybrush models with Typhus Corrosion and say it fits becasue its nurgle : ^ ).

conveniently enough I have everything in this list -but- the spawn, substitutions?

Your warband is illegal, needs terminators
The bike squad is far too small and will get obliterated.

>change the Icon of Flame to grant some cover mitigating qualities

Depending, reduce cover saves by 1 like Omniscopes? Sure.

Ignore Cover? No.

Personally I'd be fine if the began the Sorcerer became optional and so long as the Rubric unit has a Psyker attached they replace Slow and Purposeful with Relentless.

>but but that's not fluffy! They're supposed to be slow and clumsy.

Just like how GW removed Wraithsight from Wraithguards?

Yup. I know your pain of snapfit Cultists. Got about 30 of them as bolter acolytes

A bigger problem is the general impotence of that list. You've got exactly 3 units that are going to do anything appreciable to vehicles, flyers or monstrous creatures in the shooting phase and they're vehicles which are going to die in the first enemy shooting phase.

It's the cheapest possibly auxiliary and the only you'll be able to fit in that list without losing a chunk of it. Just convert your own.
That list will have problems with flyers, just a heads up. Might have to drop some stuff to fit an ADL and a quad gun if they're prominent in your meta.

I just love the models so much though. Especially those two. And Dark Vengance is a godsend, so many people sell their cultists for pennies, and I need a lot of those to distract people for my hotshot veterans.

Need some help fluffing DKoK for a HoR kill team.

First, what would be a fitting name for them? A group of up to just several hundred maximum, more trained than average, doing special operations of some kind with their own independent base. Was there anything like that in WW1? Would I call it like "The 1078th Deathkorps Ranger Company" or something along those lines? Will be heavy on combat engineers.

And second, would a soldier be named a number from birth and I would use that, or would they be assigned a number after joining a regiment/whatever or both? Basically do I do "Engineer #0001" to start or "#720915340 the Engineer".

Put a big clump of green stuff on a base and paint it. Call it a spawn.