Dark Souls RPG

>I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A SYSTEM

Other urls found in this thread:

tapastic.com/episode/419171
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Homebrew_Settings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you have a poise system right? poise was pretty important in balancing for the series.

A few other miscellaneous things:

-- Bonfires will be warp points, healing points, etcetera
-- Unlike in the first game, there'll be a dedicated level up lady; no leveling up whenever
-- There will be a Firelink Shrine area, possibly more a Majula style town of relative safety, where NPCs gather.
-- I'm not using the layout of any of the games, and probably not any bosses
-- I might have Patches in some sidequest
-- While players will effectively be immortal, I'm not going to make them fight through enemies over again if they die, that works much better in a video game.
-- I'm going more Dark Souls I in terms of NPCs: they'll all be friendly and inspiring, even if depressed, and helping fulfill their quests will probably make them go Hollow
-- Hollowing is all about losing your will to live, or having nothing left to keep you from going Hollow. It's sort of a Sanity meter, where dying and finishing things both make you lose it.

DaSIII didn't even have poise.
Also, while I'm not trying to perfectly mimic the actual combat, the system I've been making is all about resource management of Stamina when it comes to combat, with different actions having different Stamina costs, and things like turtling up also costing Stamina to maintain.

-- I'm not sure whether each player will have an Estus of their own, or if it will be shared among them and heal everyone, like it does in DaSI's co-op.
-- Narratively everyone will be in the same "world", but I might still have NPC Phantoms.

III has a Semi-Poise system with Hyper Armour, arguably worse as it's harder to balance hyper armour than it is straight up poise.

Also, i suggest having everyone to have their own Estus, but being unable to share it as they're almost but not quite from the same world.

One thing I'd like to see is only having bonfires when there's a firekeeper. Gives places a unique identity to have an NPC (and also a reason to protect them, and an explanation why the players can't just make new bonfires where they want).

This'd necessarily make bonfires more sparse, which is okay if you want teleport to be available between them anyway.

>an explanation why the players can't just make new bonfires where they want
Bonfires are linked to the First Flame.

A good idea, the uniqueness and strange quirks of the NPCs contrast well with the desolation of thw landscapes.

Do we need special mechanics for large-breasted giantess goddesses?

if you don't let your players at least attempt to play with those tits, they have a right to get up and pee in your drink.

lewd and outright erotic feelings and messages towards Gywnevere and women in general is a stable of this series if you play online.

in twenty years from now i full well expect to still be able to turn on dark souls 1 and read "amazing chest ahead" and "try holding with both hands" in front of big titty monster.

>found a large, heavy soul

actually now that i think of it, have a message system in the game, using dice to roll to see if it's useful info, a joke, or outright trolling.

I was thinking about doing messages, yeah.

I'm also likely to take some ideas from Deprived, a Dark Souls III webcomic
tapastic.com/episode/419171

Stuff like Souls being memories.

I believe Veeky Forums already made a Dark Souls homebrew, and one that was set in the future too. Look in the archives and check here:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Homebrew_Settings

I see nothing. Also if by future you mean science fiction future, I'm once again reminded that Veeky Forums is dumb and their homebrew ideas are bad.

here is the sci-fi one.

I know there was a ORE variant called Soul-Hunters, but I don't have a copy.

Time for beating it to a pulp

That is definitely not something that interests me.

How is a robot game even Dark Souls related at all?

Just skim the thing, user. You'll see. You might even like it.

Whether I like it or not, it's not exactly relevant here.

I believe they can also be linked to a Firekeeper.

I'm coming from only playing I and III, but in the first game, some bonfires are linked to specific Firekeepers. If that Firekeeper dies, then that bonfire dies with them.

Something to keep in mind and you're able to have more than one Firekeeper.

Yeah, I prefer the firekeeper bonfires massively. Especially if you don't know where the firekeeper is, or even what it is. Quelaag's sister being a firekeeper for example was very cool.

As far as I'm aware, they're all still linked to the First Flame, and you can't create a new Bonfire. Players won't be able to create Bonfires.