The most revered part of each suit of armour is the Crux Terminatus...

>The most revered part of each suit of armour is the Crux Terminatus, a cross-shaped badge placed on the left shoulder plate. According to legend, the Crux Terminatus worn by Terminator captains contains a shard of the armour the Emperor wore at the height of the Horus Heresy. To a Terminator, the loss of his Crux is unthinkable.

Do you think any terminator captain ever got curious to check under the crux?

Fear denies faith user, surely the most venarated and honourable adepts of the Adeptus Mechanicus would never deceive the emperors angels?

What are they going to see? The Big E's armor was powdered for those cruxes. At most all you're going to see is a fleck of gold sand. Not even necessarily gold, if it was just a grain of one of the armor's internal systems or some shit.

The Pandorax novel (Black Library obviously, take it or leave it), says only the most ancient suits from the Heresy and its immediate aftermath have an actual shard. Beliel then breaks open his Crux and uses the shard to rekt the immense GUO coming through a portal.

So going by that, it'd only be in the most venerable suits of 1st and 2nd Founders. Though I guess later foundings might get lucky and salvage/inherit one or two out of pure luck.

MISPLACED CURIOSITY IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS HERESY

According to some old chapter approved, the shard is melted into the crux.

Why would he check for something he knows it's there?

I detect heresy in the way you think

The same novel also notes that all GK terminator suits and some rare hand-me-downs from later founding chapters have shards.

>that feel when your chapter is too poor to even afford cruxes

"I'll just paint one on, it should work the same." - Carcharorks

No kidding. See >What? My suit has a piece of the Emperor's armor in it? LET ME JUST BREAK APART THIS PRICELESS IRREPLACEABLE RELIC

Fuckin DA

Cruxes aren't irreplaceable though. The shard of the Emperor's Armor is, but they didn't break that. However, I can't remember if the shard survived slaying the GUO or not, and the mega folder for BL novels remains frustratingly incomplete at times and I, for one, would rather not read BL at all than to give them money.

To be fair, the DA have an abundance of priceless irreplaceable relics

All of the first founding chapters do, of course, but relics, rare shit and unique-ish tech was the DA's jam even while they were a legion

If they all died, it would have been lost anyway.

>THE FINEST OF THE FIRST LEGION SHOULD DIE INSTEAD OF USING A PIECE OF THE EMPERORS ARMOR TO SURVIVE DIRE ODDS

You're either Fallen, or an Ultramarine.

>breaks cruxes because it'll help the mission
>breaks Leandros' helmet because it'll help the mission
>break everything, because fuck you

LEANDROS WAS RIGHT

The shard was destroyed in the process of killing the most powerful Nurgle Daemon in existence, that was already fully manifested in the Materium, and was about to unleash a daemonic crusade upon the material world if not stopped.

Tell that to the Emperor after he gets resurrected and asks why there's a hole in his armor.

They'd just give him a new suit, or he'd conjure one. It'd take him around a thousand years to assemble his suit, from how spread out the Chapters are. And the likely hundreds or thousands of cruxes that have been lost over the millennia.

They probably have some. Their armour is unchanged since the time of exile (other than all the salvaged bits and patchwork repairs), they're still using all the same suits. They have an excess of Mk V and Mk IV so they have some heresy era armour. If we accept either the theory that they're the Terran Raven Guard remnants, or that they're loyalist Night Lords, in either case they should have lots of Heresy-era Terminator armour left.

and now that I think about it I'm pretty sure the Badab War book actually has a note saying "all of the Carcharodons Terminator armour is old as FUCK" plus the Red Tithe book says the same.

Heresy TDA is crux-less according to the models and artwork

>loyalist Night Lords

Please no. This whole meme of every Traitor Legion having its own Loyalist offshoot that still survive into the 41st millenium needs to go away.

>Terran Raven Guard remnants

Probably more likely, but then I believe the original writers have said the truth is rather more complicated.

Also might be chimera geneseed. Taking in other exiled astartes.
They have Ursas claws on their ships and I can't remember the exact passage from Red Tithe but something in there kinda gave that hint as well as Terran RG and loyalist night lords.

Minotaurs are the chimeric ones

Why do you faggots keep making shit up

Where in badab war does it say they have chimeric geneseed? Fucking nowhere. Oh look what it does say: "gene markers unique to the Raven Guard strain"

Fuck you, this is a post HH3 world there is no longer any speculation. The Nicor was even a fucking RG legion flagship you dumb faggot

Chill your tits. I said the book Red Tithe lead me to believe that.
Are you that big a faggot in real life too?

>Probably more likely, but then I believe the original writers have said the truth is rather more complicated.

Yeah, the book (BL, I know) was pretty unclear on this. There were a lot of Raven Guard hints but it also kept going back to how they fight like Night Lords. I think it's probably this:
There's one book on them you double nigger. It was specifically and intentionally unclear as to whether they're just RG or not.

Things pointing to RG:
>the ship
>the eyes
>albino mutation to some extent
>seem to have a Maori culture which points to Terran origins, since it's canon (or at least was in the first few editions) that some Terran cultures maintained quasi-modern cultural markers even 40 bajillion years into the future

Curiosity is the gateway to Heresy

>It was specifically and intentionally unclear
This. They are your dudes. You want em loyalist night lords, you got em. Exiled raven guard, you got em. 2nd or 11th legion? You got it.

Canon chapters are not your dudes

Red Tithe is shit. It says their terminators are white

And NLs had no Terran exile nomad fleets. Red Tithe talks a ton about their forgotten primarch and their founding chapter master was a RG

>there's one book
I'm talking about their actual codex fluff you dumb faggot I've probably read more about them than you have

You read red tithe an you think you know shit

Didn't even read IA10
Didn't even read HH3
Didn't even read FFG DW HtC
Didn't even fucking bother to read their 40k wiki

Except when FW fucks up. One of their HH books has a dead Tartaros terminator with a crux on the shoulder.

It also has tourist photos in the Prospero book. FW hires outside hobbyists to build their massive dioramas. One of them probably used a wrong model.

>the truth is rather more complicated.

Clearly the Carcharadons are descended from Blackshields including loyalist Night Lords like Sevatar.