In memorium of list threads edition

In memorium of list threads edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

garbo.org/40k/Konviktz/fightabom.htm
tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26495&p=503388
snubgratch.tripod.com/orky/id9.html
spikeybits.com/2012/05/whos-yo-daddy-ork-fighta-bomma.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First fer da orkz!

WAAAAAAGH

new rules when/spoiler]

That's how killer kans are born!

Nth for oldcrons

What if some really oldcrons come back via Gulliman esque bullshittery on GW's part?

First for the best faction.

>daily reminder Cadia was never destroyed and Retarbadon got beaten yet again

Chaos bros:
Does Traitor Legions have all the crunch from Traitor's Hate included? Need to know before I open the packaging so I can refund it if I fucked up by buying both.

Returning player here. What's the current state of the game? I haven't played since 5th edition launched, and now it looks like a totally different game. I see an absurd number of factions and some kind of campaign ongoing?

>posting the next regiment to get squatted

CORSAIRS WHEN
EXODITES WHEN
NEW ELDARS WHEN

Quick question for a noob; I'm trying to understand how flyers function in 7e, specifically rules for them shooting at other flyers. I've read a variety of sources that contradict each other, and I'm not sure which are still correct. Can any flyer shoot at another without penalty? Is it that zooming flyers choose whether they want to enter skyfire mode? Is it that only flyers with the "Fighter" combat role can do that?

In normal 40k flyers can choose to have "skyfire" or not, so they can.
But
There was an 'update' to flyer rules in a book called death from the skies that changed all that and made flyers more complicated.
But
That book was quite unpopular and not many people bother with the rules from it.

i'd actually be ok with that.

Okay, Death From the Skies was where I was getting whole Combat Roles thing. So those are technically the most correct, but many people don't use them?

(I'm mostly a Tau player and found it silly that the Razorshark Strike-FIGHTER wasn't a Fighter)

>Razorshark Strike-FIGHTER

You own one of those shitty models?

Eldar superfriends get a free movement, shooting or charge action everytime something within 7 inches of a friendly unit dies

they slowly trudle towards you with wraiths and high dakka scatterbikes before smothering you in sheer momentum

they also have something called a wraithknight, which is probaby one of the best Gargantuans in the game

Take the rules for Flyer Wings so they can share FOC slots and that's about it

Fighter Ace and Wing Leader upgrades optional, everything else is campaign only as far as I care

No, and I wasn't planning to get one. I was just skimming the Death from the Skies book while I tried to wrap my mind around how combat roles functioned, so I was checking out the roles from the flyers in my faction. Tau has much better sources of AA anyway.

>repostan from the other thread

pls r8 my army familia

I dunno if this list would be legal according to any rules but i set out all my space marines on a table and put em all in the list.

just getting back into 40k after a 2 year long hiatus

I built this army purely for fluff and not cheese/competitive purposes,
So I dont think I'll go to any game store to play but i've got like 3k+ points of black legion in boxes that I gotta unpack so I might set both armies against each other if I ever managed to teach my gf how to play.

>We do no demographic research, we have no focus groups, we do not ask the market what it wants. These things are otiose in a niche
>These things are otiose in a niche
What did GW mean by this? (I mean seriously my English is not very good)

Really need this info

Asking what their customers want is unnecessary because they are a niche market

>which is fucking stupid because thats exactly what they should be doing if they have a niche market

GW is a bunch of fuckwits

Okay so my tranlsation was correct I was just wondering whether I misread anything. Huh, so they really believe doing no research is ok for a company that satisfies a niche market

Anons, Blitza Bommer or Dakkajet for my Blood Axes air support? I can't decide.

Game groups likes to do small games on Friday, thinking this might be a stupid ork list to use.

Dakkajet has mor dakka!

My men!

Fighta Bomma if you want the best flyer

Blitza if you don't know how to WSYWIG and borrow rules from Forgeworld

age of guilliman is going to suck, isnt it? why is GW so fucking stupid? didnt they learn from destroying WHFB?

Their Fantasy sales have skyrocketed. I don't like Sigmar, but the money says it was a good idea.

but whfb was a shit setting

Do you have enough anti-tank on the ground? I find a bombing run from the Blitz can do some good armorbane damage if you don't roll so low. Other than that, take a max Dakkajet and blast poor humies to death.

>buying books
>not even knowing whats inside

>Their Fantasy sales have skyrocketed.
he said with no proof

so is 40k

>b-but so is 40k
Said the Fantasycuck lmao

Different user, but 40k is a shit setting, dude. Get over it. It's a shit setting, It's always been a shit setting, and its being made even more shitty with each passing release.

>40kid getting uppity again
awwww is the whittle baby upset mama didnt buy him the new girlyman doll?

That's why I like it but I'm not sure if I want to use it or the Bommer. Dakkajet statistically hits with 6.75 S6 AP5 shots, whereas the Bommer hits 4.25 shots from it's guns, with half being S6 AP5 and half being S5 AP6, but it has the two S7 AP2 Armourbane Large Blast bombs. And since they're bombs, they'll only scatter on a 1d6, and iirc, only have a max scatter of 4" because BS2. Unless I read the bomb rules wrong?

>Fighta Bommer
?
>Blitza if you don't know how to WYSIWYG and borrow rules from FW
?

My only AT is Klaws and the Warboss' Killcannon on his Battlewagon, which is another reason why I was considering the Bommer, since it can reliably crack open AV13. But the Dakkajet is pretty alluring due to the sheer amount of shots it can put out and how uncharacteristically accurate they are for Orks. The Bommer can kill anything with it's bombs though, and is only 15 more points than a Dakkajet with three guns, and the same as a Dakkajet Ace with three guns.

Fluff-wise, I want My Dudes to be a Blood Axe force that's began an assault onto a Hive through the Armageddon Jungles and into the Hive cities, which is why they'll be wearing jungle/forest camo.

Which would fuck with Eldar more, a Guard blob with an Ordo Hereticus inquisitor with Psyocculum, or a Guard blob with a Culexus assassin?

>projecting
Hit a nerve, Fantasycuck?

Looks fine my dude, 1500 points is the casual standard these days unless you're at some kind of store where they prefer higher.

>no /40kg/ name
You had one job

Fighta Bommas were a special Ork kit produced by forgeworld, but has since discontinued it, which means we're left to kit bash and convert up beauties like this

garbo.org/40k/Konviktz/fightabom.htm

tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26495&p=503388

snubgratch.tripod.com/orky/id9.html

spikeybits.com/2012/05/whos-yo-daddy-ork-fighta-bomma.html

If you're not confident with What you see is what you get on the ruleset or just want a nice simple Codex aircraft, stick with blitza. But if you're gonna play orks, please take advantage of us having the most freedom of all the non chaos factions

I'm telling you, either drop that kill kannon or make your battlewagon a tank. One good 6+ from a lascannon is going to pop that thing and there goes ALL your points. It's better to use kill kannons in pairs, taking two looted wagons with ard cases and maybe one shoota can get the same job done at a better point cost.

Do hurricane bolters benefit from bolter drill? I didn't think so at first but when I looked in the codex it says for hurricane bolters: "A hurricane bolter consists of three twin-linked boltguns fired as a single weapon."

>he said while claiming age of aeldari and girlyman is a good setting
chaos warriors cuck everything in 40k. CSM are just shitty knock off chaos warriors for autistic children

Land raiders don't have Chapter Tactics, so no.

I thought this was a list thread?

But I dont see no body posting no lists...

For centurions, specifically devastator centurions

Math make ork head hurt. More dakka over less dakka iz all da math youz need

Somebody gave me his spare Voldus.

How shoud I use it ? Kaldor Draigo style ?

>he still keeps replying
dumb fantasycuck
dumbfuck dumbfuck dumbfuck

Then yes.

Use him WITH Draigo.

name 1 thing in 40k besides imperial guard that isnt completely gay as shit.

Cool, my initial interpretation was that any weapon with "bolter" in the name was how it worked (if they had chapter tactics), and I changed that to be
"... bolt pistols, boltguns, storm bolters, heavy bolters and combi-weapons that are firing as boltguns."

But I guess it was my first interpretation that was correct

From their 2015-2016 annual report:
"We made progress in what was another busy and rewarding year. We started the financial year off with a huge product launch;
Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, one of the biggest changes we've ever made to one of our core universes. Our design to manufacture was
outstanding, over-delivering in terms of original concept art to final manufactured models, producing some of the best models we've ever
made. The simplified rules, supporting the models for those who like to play, made it much easier to get started. We learnt some valuable
lessons during the year on how to deliver product system changes on this scale and as we released more of the range in the second half of
the year, we finished the year with sales of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at a higher rate than Warhammer has enjoyed for several years."

"Skyrocket" may have been hyperbole, but at the very least their sales are going up.

Whoah, those do look cool! Yeah, I guess I'll go with the blitza then. This is probably a really dumb question, but do I have to build it like how it is on pic-related?

Really, I gave it a Kill Kannon because my autism demanded that I use up all the spaces available in the transport, so putting my Warboss, Nobz, and a Painboy in there seemed like a good idea. And the fact that Manz are like, $68 per 3 whereas Nobz are $25 per 5, my wallet spoke for me. So reducing the transport capacity by giving it a Kill Cannon helped me and it gives it some nice big Dakka. That, and it bugs me that Ghazkul is the only Megaboss model, and I really like the Warboss model that has the big attack squig.

>Really like fluff and lore so want to start playing tabletop
>Rulebook has 400+ pages
Call me lazy but isn't this too much? Will 8e reduce it significantly?

>gw pretending AoS didnt flop
cute, too bad if you look at their stock during that whole ordeal it dropped like a fucking rock.

>Really like fluff and lore

Sounds like you just like reading snippets out of wikis and memes instead of actually liking the lore. 400pgs is nothing, try to read more books.

The problem is, Bolter drill lets you re roll 1s, and hurricane bolters are already all twin-linked. You can't re roll a dice more than once, so there's no benefit

Only about 300 of that are actually rules. A ton is fluff, advertising, and info for Space Marines.

Autist alert

2/3 of the rulebook is just fluff and an intro to 40k, more like 100 or so pages of rules. Probably less.

Sorry, meant to say about a hundred.

>We learnt some valuable lessons during the year on how to deliver product system changes on this scale

Pepper ur anguses for Age of Guilliman 40k reboot.

Ah I didn't realize they were twin linked, despite just reading it lol

Part of me would like it, but on the other hand there's a little voice saying "practice makes perfect"

learn your faction's rules, memorize as much of the appendix as you can, and then whatever else you feel you need

Do you have a more direct indicator of AoS's success? GW has stated that it sold better than expected. The stock drop was likely from them doing new and scary things, even if they were ultimately profitable. Or are they just boldface-lying to their investors? Because that seems like a bad idea.

Yeah. If you're aiming to use Bolter drill for your heavy supports, you're better off with Heavy Bolter Devastators

I didn't say I didn't know, I was told by a friend that Legions has most (if not all) of Hate in it. I know what's in Legions.

I am trying to make a sternhammer list, and have centurion devastators in the slot for the moment. If it weren't for the fact that the hurricane bolters were just gravy and built in I would consider swapping for regular devastators

Isn't their role overlapping ?

You are pretty salty m8. Yeah, I have read wiki articles - also more than 15 codices to learn at least basics about factions, Dark Millennium and few novels. Still, reading 400 pages of lore is not a same thing as 400 pages of rules

Well, I'm not talking about A Galaxy of War and Dark Millennium - just rules per se. Yeah, maybe after cutting of the arts and pics it will lose 1/2 of pages but it still seems to be overdeveloped

>Do you have a more direct indicator of AoS's success?
uhh yeah, try it killing their fucking stock for years.
>GW has stated that it sold better than expected. The stock drop was likely from them doing new and scary things, even if they were ultimately profitable.
they were considering when AoS dropped they accounted a 25% decrease in sales for that fiscal year.
>Or are they just boldface-lying to their investors?
yes thats what (((they))) do
>Because that seems like a bad idea.
the only people dumber than GW are people who invest in GW. the calth box and 30k pandering is the only thing even keeping the company afloat right now. watch age of girlyman flop so hard that they are forced to sell video game IPs to blizzard or something.

I have a few questions about the librarius conclave.

Even though they are in a formation, they are all ICs so they can join any squad they wish can't they? If they don't, can they form their own unit?

If they do join other units, do they still have the chance to use empyric channeling so long as they are within 12''?

Finally, can all of them join the same unit so that a blessing on their unit also hits all the librarians?

So I suppose for example, would a unit of a captain and 3 librarians be legal or would the 4 of them have to join a tac squad or something?

Dude, D&D has more than 100 pages. Also, remember that a lot of rules will and won't apply to your army depending on what you use and what army you play.

Projection: the post

(you)

holy fuck, stfu already you fucking bitch

They can join whatever squad they like, so long as they are within 12 the formation rules apply

its their only way to stay in business

Any way to include a 5 men terminator squad in a Fist of Medusa strike force?

I see, is the general use to put them in shooty or assaulty units?

I only have the ones with terminator armor models so I figure I might have to put them with my asscents and lysander

You really only need to read the sections that talk about the phases of the game. Everything else is looking up a certain rule, a certain dice table, or how a certain rule interacts with another rule or action.

You can learn this game by googling a youtube video on how to play 40k.

All you need to know is:

- How to make an army
- How to start the game by deploying or reserving your units
- How each turn works (moving, casting, shooting, melee)

And that's literally it.

You could, I don't know, DOWNLOAD THEM FROM THE MEGAS?

You can use a 1st company task force as an auxiliary I think, but you will need 2 more squads of termies or vets

How would you adapt your favorite primarch for 40k?

Other than just giving Traitors the Daemon rule

>literally underageb&
wewlad. guess they dont call you 40kids for nothing.

I'd give dorn a rule that allows a discounted/free fortification to be taken for every X points no matter what the formation you are in.

Make Sanguinor a LoW who can kick Fagnus' ass

It depends what powers you roll for, the general use of the formation is to get invisibility off on something important

Do you think GW is scared of Malifaux/Warmahordes/Infinity albeit being no skirmish-like game?

I have a (probably shitty) list I will post in a second for all of y'all to have a laugh at

That rule literally has to be limited to 1 free fortification only, or have various limits depending on the size of the terrain, or else you easily reach games where nothing can move because you dropped a shit ton of trenches or fortresses of redemption on the table, or you take a bunch of D weapon fortifications.

>Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators get rules for 40k
>Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves get no access to them whatsoever despite being present during the fucking Heresy
GW Please.
It's bad enough my regular Terminators are 5ppm more expensive than their vanilla equivalents already, but now you introduce a variant that's just flat out better AND it costs fewer points? That's some fucking stupid shit.

Will we see new boyz models in 8e?