First for the trees

>warhammer-community.com/2017/03/21/tactical-toolbox-deployment/

Neat.

Third for Alarielle will never crush your head between her ginormous thighs
>why even live?

>Celestine
>not a three way with Alarielle and Yrvainne
Shit tastes/10 user

>Alarielle demands you come to her bedchamber at her palace among the jade kingdoms while in her T H I C C aspect and lay with her

Wat do user?

I am finally finished with the herdstone
>1/3

>2/3

>Wakeup

I know it's more Khorne but plastic Valkia when?

Her rules are much better than in FB but that brittle ugly resin model doesn't do it for me.

Also still confused about her status. She has the mortal keyword but her fluff clearly shows her as a Daemon Princess, living in the Realm of Chaos and all??

>3/3

We need fan-art of her. We need more art of her at least. I'm going to bug the people at draw thread, can someone join me?

I think the rock, chaos warriors shield and base all blend together, maybe consider doing the shield a different colour, also the bone could probably do with one more highlight on the uppermost raised areas just to make it pop more.

>ywn lick sweet nectar from Alarielles inner thighs as Morathi pegs you from behind
Why live?

>MFW I'll never serve Alarielle because I'm trapped in the past

How is the Black Orc Big Boss? I always wanted to play one in WHFB, but I never got into the hobby back then.

FOR HASHUT

>Manlets
>Edgelords
>neckbeards
>faggotcaps

It's like they went out of their way to make an army out of That Guys.

>those models
WAKE ME UP

Say that in my tower of wailing souls and not over the magic ball net and see what happens manling

>oldfags actually prefer this shit over the new models

Terribly zoomed out picture of a dryad to contribute from recent weekend paintings.

Considering stuffing a 10 man squad of Marauders in my Nurgle list to take up a cheap battleline tax, and so I can make my Plaguebearers huge

Hate the models, would Gors with Warrior helmets do you reckon?

Bestigors with Warrior helmets and the big shields.

>Manling

Typical quickblood vermin. Just has to be a barbarian that's calling you what you are. Is it a height thing? Men being so close to your own height compared to a tree that they just rub you wrong?

Regardless, I wouldn't take a step in your abomination of a structure if my heartwood depended on it. Why would I want to be in a neckbeard halflings house, striding among pissjugs and cumrags instead of among the glades of Ghyran?

I don't miss the models, I don't even own more than one. I miss the unit entry from sigmar 1.0. I really really like treekin on the tabletop and in theory. I still use a bunch (but I proxy Kings of War Forest Shamblers for them.) I just want a solid battleline unit that isn't dryads because of how flimsy the models are and how many there are of them or Tree Revenants who are just too weak, points pricy and underwhelming a unit as an armies core.

Any new units for Khorne revealed?

fuck off, reddit rats

Are the old resin ogre models any good? I hear the older resins break easily.

No new Khorne units with the book, it's just an update for the book to bring it in line with newer ones.

nice paint scheme on your Branchwych, user. never thought of going that direction until now.

shame, hoping for flyers or something.

The old models were designed for metal so it's possible there might be problems. I have no finecast ogres though, so I can't confirm that.

So fluffwise what's an average day in the life of a Sylvaneth like?

Pick weeds, kill Nurgle-related baddies, plant seeds, rinse, repeat.

Outside of Herdstone and Dryad user's, what's everyone working on?

I just finished up this thing. I don't have much experience with larger models, so it was new for me.

Still can't get used to seeing 8th ed. models on round bases, would much prefer if AoS was just new models.

That kit even came with a round base.

The square base for the Doomwheel is hilariously small though.

Coming from someone who mostly plays 40k, it looks weird as hell to see something that seems like it should be a vehicle on a base to begin with.

That's actually something that I didn't like about the Sylvaneth battletome. Really, it's true of most of the battletomes, but I particularly noticed it with the Sylvaneth: the only lore is really their history and how they kill stuff. No real indication on what their culture is beyond protecting nature. Even the most recent Stormcast battletome was more interesting to read than Sylvaneth.

When are Ironjawz gonna get an updated book to bring it in line post-GHB?

After BCR and Bonesplittas but before anything Death.

I'm working on my dudes. Being as indecisive as I am with colour schemes I decided to be salomonic and paint my force in 5 different colour schemes. This colour schemes represent the shattered remnants of five orruk Fists that battled each other in the infamous WAAAGH! of da five mobs.

-Colours used: saimhain red and kantor blue (just to imitate a famous football club). Gotzmot 'Ead Rippas (10 ardboyz and a megaboss, more elaborated)
-Caliban green (10 ardboyz and a warchanter) Orklides Bashas.
-The blue used for the pauldrons of the posterboy ironjawz (10 ardboyz). Grostik's Ironlads
-Traditional metallic black (5 brutes and a warchanter). Urlak's Megafiends.
-Orange (a cool shade of it) Killagore's Faceslashas' (9 goregruntas, a warchanter, and a mawcrusha, boss of this ragtag of battered remnants).

For four days and four night the warbands fought against each other. At the dawn of the five nights the forces of Killagore claimed victory over the survivors.

I know what you mean, It makes it hard to try and think up fluff for them apart from "They're from X place and that's about it"

Cheers! I always liked the fire-y look of the Darksouls 3 demons and thought it might work okay on a dryad.

I love that. I did a similar thing with my 40k Orks, except each one had a different skin color

getting this guy done up

The majority population group of the sylvaneth are the Forest Folk: Dryads and Branchwraiths.

Dryads are lead by the wraiths, who act as druidic spiritual leaders and chieftains. They are not a military caste. In the age of myth it was extremely rare for them to be called to war. The forest folk who were not capable of war were driven extinct more or less by the forces of nurgle, however. For many, life is very nomadic. Constant bouts of fleeing and hiding from the forces of chaos. They're VERY mercurial. Sing a lot. The more elitist of the clans look down on dryads quite harshly. They're considered by them to have ADHD, being petty. Most sylvaneth think this opinion is unfair.

Wraiths are explicitly matriarchal and maternal figures. They carry an element of the Noble Spirits within their soulpod. They're the primary "nodes" of the sylvaneth's song. a sort of mass communication method of the race.

Tree Revenants are sombre. They make up the primary Warrior Caste of the sylvaneth and are peace keepers, law enforcement, etc. They're generally lead in groups with a Treeman and a Branchwych.

Branchwyches are powerful druidic figures whose sorcery and combat skill is highly respected. THey have a special relationship with the sprites. In the eyes of the wyches, the little creatures can do no wrong and the Sprites are very fond of the wyches, coming to their aid en mass.

Treelords make up the nobility of the clans. Treelords are the most well known of the Noble Spirits and serve purposes like Royal Guards, Librarians, lords and military captains. All sylvaneth love them as fathers/mothers and would only disobey one in extreme cases. Huge swarms of Sprites make their home among the branches of the Treelords, nestled in their bark hides. They're inherently compassionate. They have an extremely deep connection to the spirit song. They communicate with one another in songs made up of streams of colour and sensation, made into language.

I'm think of setting up a game for my friend to see how he likes it, but I only have my Skaven to use. I've thrown together a couple of 900pt lists, are they vaguely balanced against each other?

>'Verminus'
>General: Skaven Warlord w/warp blade + shield
>Verminlord Warbringer

>Clanrats w/spears x20
>Clanrats w/spears x20
>Stormvermin x10
>Warpfire Thrower Team x2

>'Skryre'
>General: Warlock Engineer

>Clanrats x10 w/spears
>Clanrats x10 w/hand weapons
>Clanrats x10 w/hand weapons
>Stormfiends x3 (Warpfire, Grinderfists, Shock Gauntlets)

>Doomwheel
>Warp Lightning Cannon

Treelord ancients are the Kings and Queens of the Sylvaneth. They're the most powerful mages, the masters of life magic, they have an inner serenity that persists no matter what it is they're doing, including while on the battlefield that they sing to other sylvaneth. They're extremely meticulous, every detail of their extremely long lives is committed to memory. They know the name of every sylvaneth they rule over and spend their lives amassing knowlege into their lamentiri to ensure that future generations can benefit from their experience.

Treelords are seen as youthful and impulsive by ancients. Though the youngest treelord is older than any mortal by several times. Treelords act as the hired muscle of the Ancients and are far more violent and dynamic as individuals.

Both of these noblespirits are extremely prone to deeply exemplifying the eccentricities of their glade. EG harvestboon treelords and ancients are very slight and lithe, but extremely passionate quick to rage and mirth. Ironbarktreelords tend to have veins of ore in their wood that makes them glitter while being unreasonably stubborn. Dreadwood treelords are viscious and untrustworthy even in the eyes of other sylvaneth.

There's actually two different skin colours. One a brighter green for my brutes and non orange warchanters. The other with a darker colour. This is to represent that killagores' guys didn't belong to the area, and were an out of context problem.

That's pretty awesome, dude but my guys were blue, purple, green, and black

The Free Spirits are much more directly administrated by Alarielle.

Sons of Durthu were sired from Durthu, live every day trying to meet his stalwart example, they act as personal agents and guardians of Alarielle. When they speak they carry Alarielles authority with them. Extremely determined and loyal. They have an innate understanding with each other son of durthu and it smacks of a shared consciousness. They're not slavishly loyal however, they're in fact trusted and valued advisors to Alarielle and the clans.

Another kind of "Free Spirit" Kurnoth Hunters are the "Hunter cult" of the sylvaneth. While they're their own caste of treecreature (vast, hulking warriors much taller than a man) they worship Kurnoth as Alarielles "Soul-Consort" and equal seeing themselves as embodiment of his wrath as the Sons are to Alarielle. They're the newest caste, they didn't arise until Alarielle picked up the spear of Kurnous well into the Age of Sigmar. Even the Spite Revenants are older than the eldest hunter. Hunters are purposeful, driven and almost single minded. They have none of the bipolar or capricious whimsy of other sylvaneth. They act as executioners for Alarielle. They're considered very strange creatures by other sylvaneth who have a hard time understanding their single minded and taciturn natures. Like treelords and branchwraiths the spiritsong is especially powerful in them and they reverberate with it. Most sylvaneth worship minor deities in addition to Alarielle, but Kurnoth Hunters are the only ones to do this openly in Kurnoth. This leaves other sylvaneth mistrustful of them. Alarielle says this is fine and that's enough for most sylvaneth. The heartwood clan does everything they can to accomodate the Hunters. The Hunt Master of Kurnoth is a recent addition to the Royal Moot. It's baffaling for non sylvaneth to try and understand his purpose. Some sort of hybrid position of Spy Master, Martial Advisor, High Priest of Kurnoth and Captain of the Royal Guard.

Often times a completely random hunter will take his place with only Alarielle knowing if it's really the Huntmaster. It's unclear if the huntmaster is a spirit that temporarily possesses a hunter, or Kurnoth himself making individual hunters his avatar temporarily. The regents of the SYlvaneth are very distrustful of the Hunt Master, especially dreadwood who consider him a clingy upstart.

The Outcasts are unsettling. Deeply so for mortals, but almost as much for the Sylvaneth. The Sylvaneth don't know where they come from, don't know how they're made, don't even know if they're not a reflection of the sylvaneth made dark by Alarielles vengeful desires.

Many believe them to be sylvaneth who caved into despair during the war in ghyran against nurgle.

The first outcasts cropped up during the "Shrouded Season." a period of time alarielle has purposefully deleted from the sylvaneths memory on a racial level. No one knows why but her. It makes them uncomfortable to think about across the board.

Outcasts are insane, literally. They're deaf to all but the darkest and most malevolent parts of the sylvaneth's song. They dwell in gloomy and unsettling glades. Some sylvaneth fear the outcasts madness is infectious. Where dryads and other sylvaneth sing, Spite Revenants "Scream a sawing, nerve-shredding cacophony of horror and hate fit to drive mortal minds beyond the brink of sanity."

Murderous butchers, they commonly soak themselves and their roots in blood.

Drycha is basically the only sylvaneth that hangs out with outcasts purposefully. She considers herself to be their regent, like the Willowqueen is the regent of harvestboon or the Old King is of Gnarlroot. Drycha and the Outcasts are far more than just racist. THey want to purge all non sylvaneth. THe malevolent and cruel sprites love them. She and the spite revenants are warrior caste.

I like the smug skull

Just 'finished' my Varghulf. It's just the base colors and a wash, but I'm focusing on 6th edition stuff and the guy was just sitting on my shelf with a basecoat and a square base, so I decided to make him tt-ready.

>stormcasts are noblebright Mary Sues
not according to the very first page of the battletome. Just think about how horrifying the implications of all this are

Sry I forgot how retardedly huge the pics from my phone are...

Now, THAT'S interesting.

Grass tufts wanker loves his grass tufts

Vargulf looks fine.

I'd add some dark green (like athonian camoshade) and yellow washes into the recesses of the zombies, personally.

So if Khorne's battletome is getting redone does that mean they won't be absolute shite anymore?

There are more sylvaneth than just the treespirits, sprites (spites in AOS) are sylvaneth, the spirits that possess deadwood to forge bodies out of it (treekin) are sylvaneth, the ghosts and fae creatures of the glades are sylvaneth. The disparity in sentience can be pretty huge between different castes. These days most castes are warrior castes.

Most Sylvaneth do not like mortals.

All Sylvaneth are unfathomably long lived.

Sylvaneth build cities, work metal and stone and create artworks, tapestries and furniture.

The song of Sylvaneth helps bind them together as a united people. It stops them struggling against one another not based on oppression but genuine feelings of unity.

Sylvaneth in general don't care for glory, expanding borders or making money. They're more or less solely concerned with ensuring the safety and cycles of the natural world are upheld.

They're difficult to interact with, not just becase of the language barrier. They do not like you, they don't think like you and they don't live and die like you. Your concerns are extremely alien to them just like they are to you.

They consider "Quickbloods" (mortals/demons/non sylvaneth in general) to be short sighted, flippant, brief and unable to comprehend the importance of their extremely long term plans and the real meaning of everything.

They ARE good people. With noble desires and despise chaos. it's just that they're so alien to us that the alliance is always quite strained.

There are tribes of humans that worship sigmar and alarielle living in ghyran that are tolerated by the Sylvaneth. There are also elves and dwarves.

Wanderers are HATED by the Sylvaneth. They're essentially living out a mission of repentance to Alarielle, planting waystones so that the forests of Ghyran can sprout in other mortal realms.

Not all sylvaneth sprouted in GHyran, they hail from almost every one of the mortal realms, even the realm of metal.

Good job, it could use some grass though.

Sorry my english was pretty poor in some places, my first language is Norwegian and it's really wall of text-y.

I hope it's a good read anyway, anons. I wish I could add more but that's all I could remember from heart.

Thank you for posting all that, it's just what I was looking for.

Yeah it's my first time using the green ones and I went overboard with them, especially the varghulfs base looks weird. The biggest problem is probably mixing the brown and green ones. I'll add in some flock later, which might fix it.

The zombies are also justone color+wash. The skin turned out really weird as it is mantic necrotic flesh+reikland fleshshade. It's good enough for zhe zombies, but still. A green wash is a good idea, will buy one the next time I have the chance.

It'll most likely have the same base rules. The changes will probably be new battalions and more customization options, like in the Stormcast battletome.

Dammit. We need the love man, we need it bad.

No problem, friend. I enjoyed writing it all up. I don't think there's an actual summary of their general lore on the internet, I looked for one to link to you. Hopefully someone can put it up on 1d4chan, I'm not sure if just anyone can get an account and make pages on there or I'd do it myself.

You actually don't need an account, you could just copy paste this and I'd almost call it golden (people would make the addient edits as time went by). I think it's nice we get a properly fleshed article there. A few persons go check it as their go-to source (sadly enough) and I think we all prefer they get out from reading that witha better impression than LOLz 3+ to win!

I SAY CHOP EM DOWN AND BURN THE LOT

I have noticed fatty sperglords tend to get angry and racist when they GET REKT so I'm hardly surprised literal obesity diabeetus pus and dewritos demons are like that too.

I agree with Papa Nurgle

Lets burn these fuckers

Dear Skaven,

please fuck off from Chaos.

t. Slaanesh Cultist

>Doesn't even have a god anymore.
>Thinks it can give orders to those who do.

I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Sylvaneth I made the 1d4chan episode with the things I wrote out.

Lol

What would a horde or swarm type order race look like?

Freeguild.

Freeguild, devoted of sigmar, Elves and sylvaneth can probably bring hordes.

Another user who plays AvP mini game, nice

TOMORROW LADS

As much as I'd like Tomb Kings 2.0, don't get your hopes up too much. Reliable leakers have pointed to the reveal most likely being the long-rumored "Deep One" elves.

The big reveal at adepticon is a new stormcast eternals book and box set

>They show up at Adepticon with one thing.

user, come on. They can have multiple things to show.

The Bonetome

>tfw they show off more of the kharadron overlords tomorrow
>tfw they reveal the ironjawz junkships and new general rules for aerial battles

Settra is dead bitch.
Deal with it.

This is a fan tome user, a fantome that's been highly anticipated, written by a guy who was actually interviewed on Warhammer TV and is also a big name in the community. And he debuts it at Adepticon tomorrow, the same convention that GW has shit loads of coverage at. GW reps take notice of this, we will see Tomb Kangs return eventually as a result of this.

It's a mandatory expansion like Death from the Skies TRIED to be

See

Whoops.

The Tomb King is dead. Bury it.

>make all the models OOP
>t-they'll come back
You hate to see this type of delusion, just breaks your heart

Clan skryre update fucking when? Now that we've seen the overlords, we need the skaven to go balls to the wall tech crazy. The lore already showed they have titan mechs and shit, the possibilities are endless

The rock looks like a poopsicle.

Tree-things get out. Praise great-glorious horned-horned one!