Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Pregent sisters with big bouncy xeno babies, edition.

prev

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Cunts

ogryn are pretty great

Everyone wants to fuck SoB! But no one can fuck them harder than GW!

There's already a thread up. Good job.

I'm not even the one who made this thread but the new thread doesn't have a title AND wasn't linked to the old thread

Really goes to show how fucking retarded all you newfags and the concept of general threads are

dat novel when an unarmed Ogryn stands his ground against a full squad of Eldar raiders and even manages to kill like five of them before he gets beheaded by the warlock

you were too pure for this world Crusha

>Storm troopers will never get good rules or fluff

My list, that I'm planning to use.

I dont actually have any other models so even If I picked shit units I can't really swap them around, it's 100% modeled accurately to the wargear they're using and even the veteran sargents have veteran markings.

Do you think this is an alright list?

Looking to spend my $25 credit at my LGS. Looking for suggestions.

What do you already have, and what do you need for your army? I'm sure you know what you want better than random people on the internet. Grow a pair and make your own choices faggot.

I adore the new storm trooper fluff and models, and have fun playing them despite their rules inadequacies

Throw in an extra $500 and buy your entire country's supply of Eldar Guardian snapfit boxes

You're a footdar player now buddy

>mfw I feel the same way about my melee space marines
>except it's a lot harder to get into melee than it is to shoot things

I love when people try to tell me I play an overpowered army though just because dumb shit like grav, bikes, and free transports exists but I don't use any of them. Chainswords OP

Guess I'll have to throw in another $100 for fare to NYC so I can jump off the tallest building.

Post was linked to, but...
1000pts of Black Templars (Crusader Squads, 2x Razorbacks, LRC, and a Vindicator). Was looking at a Thunderfire Cannon, but I'm open to suggestions.

Yes sir, thunder hammers are the coolest but only if you don't take a storm shield.

BA assault squad, two meltas and a veteran sargent with a thunder hammer.
I call them the wrecking crew.

Indeed!

>start assembling my HH shit as CSM
>realize it's completely fucking pointless without rhinos
>immediately lose all interest in assembly

Fuck this game.

S-s-senpai plz rate me

Senpai plz

Use alpha legion rules.

>hating rhinos
rhinos are beautiful

your second option is to scratch build enough terrain to play ZM

And if I don't want to play AL?

It's not a matter of the rhinos themselves, but the fact that for every 5 dudes I have, I need to buy a fucking rhino. That's 6 rhinos per HH box.

>every 5 dudes
>>>>>running min squads rather than 10-man squads
or at least 8-man, for leadership purposes

chaos marines are cheap, and without ATSKNF you want a bit of staying power

Then don't play MSU.

Consider grabbing the traitor legion book from the mega. CSM vanilla book is pretty terrible on its own, traitor legions makes them adequate for a fun game. Rubrcis are pretty terrible and points inefficient. Cultists are better than tzaangors. Marks are bad on a sorceror, it's a waste of a power, same goes for the lone mark in the terminator squad, it just won't help enough and will be hard to track on the tabletop. Also, please use the list builder in the OP, battlescribe is a chore to read through and figure out the additions

That goes against every other piece of advice ever given here.

You could solve this problem by running 10 man squads. Since it sounds like you just want to whine and shit up the general, though, go fuck yourself. Sell everything on eBay at a loss.

Or run every unit in Land Raiders so you only need 3 of them :^)

Reposting from previous thread because concerns for my wallet.

So I'm toying around with fielding Anvil Strike Force with an allied detachment of Adeptus Custodes. Basically I spam Custodes and just add more tanks and thunderfire cannons or aircraft the higher the points go. Too WAACy?

No.

I love the models, and that's why I have them as an army, but their fluff....the general idea is good, but the actual writing in what GW optimistically calls a 'codex' was pretty fucking awful.

They went full-on grim derp, and whilst stormtroopers are supposed to be indoctrinated, they took it even further to the extreme where stormtroopers won't even think for themselves, they just wait for orders like robots.

Brilliant special forces that would make.

>at a loss
Actually, I'd probably make a profit. I bought two Calths for a total of $120.

a..a..are Thousand Sons any good? They're my favorite but i don't want to get booty blasted if I play them

>It's not a matter of the rhinos themselves, but the fact that for every 5 dudes I have, I need to buy a fucking rhino. That's 6 rhinos per HH box

Thats $120 off eBay, used or new.
Invest in razorback turrets, $15 each, and you got a rhino/razorback option.
Invest in predator parts, $30 each, and you got a tank option.
Invest in vindicator or whirlwind parts, $30 each, and you got siege options.
Invest in magnets, $20, and you got a long term investment.

Or just play an army that doesn't require much money to play. Like Custodes.

>Pregent sisters with big bouncy xeno babies, edition.

I don't have a reaction image for so much heresy!

I've got this local tournament on monday and want feedback on this list I'm going to run.

You don't need to be a dick, nobody is going to show up on a Monday anyway.

Then knock yourself out, and take your shitposting elsewhere.

five man units test when they take two casualties
eight man units test when they take three casualties

In the case of chaos marines, going to ten lets you grab a second special weapon, which makes your troop choices more than just a speed-bump. Especially since they can both be shooting out of the top hatch of your metal box for most of the game.

Min-maxing/MSU's got a place, but unless you're reaaaal keen on high-end tournament nonsense it's not necessary.

Do what I do. Disregard stupid shit and make my guys.

Play who you like. Plus TS can be good if you play your cards right.

for a tourney ok but for anything else royally fuck yourself.

Worst unit in one of the worst codexs. Run Marine MSU with Grave and re-fluff them/paint them as TS.

Why not? I basically get to spam vindicators/las preds/thunderfires out my ass while custodes are either ObSecing or blitzing the front and venerable contemptors are deep striking in the rear.

Its not going to outright defeat the most WAACy shit or even win 75% of the time, but I don't want to field an army that feels unfun to play against.

inb4 8th edition starter will have no marines faction

I thought gretchen were surgically wired into Kanz...

What is wrong with it?

I know 40k, there is no "play who you like" there is "play who you like except this list of armies that you will never have fun with unless you're a masochist"

I just wanted to know if TS were on that list since they are a new release

>unit
I wanted to know about the rules that were in the Traitor Legions supplement not the individual unit

They aren't the best of the best, but in all honesty as long as you are playing casually any army can do just fine. Yeah you'd have problems with WAAC fags, but honestly math hammer isn't the end all be all. You can use them and win and have fun. There just might be a bit of a learning curve.

its cheesy asf but for a tourney sure, go for it.

They're a bit overcosted but still mid tier. If you bring Magnus and daemons they're quite strong.

If you can't have fun without winning you shouldn't play 40k. Out of all my 40k games I think I've only never had fun like twice and even after I had a roight laff.

oh. It's a casual tourney with people who will show up with orks and nids and fluff lists, not a full blown WAAC one.

Should I tone it down?

Anons, please help me with my list, I'm new. I read up on Armageddon after finding out about the new starter set, and thought it'd be cool to have an Ork invasion force with Blood Axes, since they're my favorite Ork Klan from the fluff. I've got 88 points to spare and I don't know what to do with them.

1500 Blood Axes

HQ
-Warboss, 60
+'Eavy Armour, 4
+Power Klaw, 25
+Da Lucky Stikk, 25
+Attack Squig, 15
+Kombi-Rokkit, 5
+Ammo Runt, 3
Total, 133

-Painboy, 50
+Grot Orderly, 5
Total, 55

Elites
-Nobz, 54
+7 Nobz, 126
+'Eavy Armour, 40
+4 Kombi-Rokkit, 20
+3 Power Klaw, 75
+7 Big Choppa, 35
Total, 375

Dedicated Transport
-Battlewagon, 110
+Kill Kannon, 30
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Reinforced Ram, 5
Total, 165

-Kommandos, 50
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 10
+2 Kommandos, 20
+2 Burnas, 30
+Boss Snikrot, 60
Total, 205

Troops
-2xBoyz, 60
+2 Boyz, 12
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 10
Total, 117 (234)

Dedicated Transport
+3xTrukk, 35
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Rokkit Launcha, free
Total, 55 (110)

Fast Attack
-Blitza Bommer, 135

Total, 1412

Because your super super golden turku men will suffer. You won't have many, and they will die. Loses will be proportionally harder on you than on an opponent with a less elite army and you won't have as much table presence. It'll be kinda like playing death watch I'd imagine. Sure you're dead killy, but you end up dead.

dunno, people might just get pissed with them all being able to jinx. Bikes in 7th are nasty my dude. Just run it over with others, if they're okay with a challenge go for it.

>It'll be kinda like playing death watch I'd imagine. Sure you're dead killy, but you end up dead.

Deathwatch never really seems dead killy from what I've seen in action, they just end up being unable to recover from a loss of one or two squads. I get the point, though.

Use Army Builder pls.
but with 88 points I'd recommend some grots to hold stuff. Also you should have more heavy armour like Deff Dreads, your trukks will get shredded and all heavy fire will go on your BW. Also put a grot rigger on your battlewagon. I'd suggest detracting from the nobz or get rid of the upgrades on the trukks, they will be blown up first or second turn, theyre just for getting the boyz roight in the foight.

Man I suggest running it with no mercy. People have to learn that 40k is a game of winners and losers at some point and that they can't hide in their "causal tourney!" safe spaces.

Once everyone is full on WAAC then maybe games will actually be competitive/close instead of one sided bore fests.

Stormboyz are pretty fluffy for Blood Axes, and if you want to do a fluffy Blood Axe theme of imitating militaries, you could add Mek Guns for cheap artillery or AA.

Though, I don't play Orks and don't know if Stormboyz are a good unit or not, nor do I know if Mek Guns are actually good with the exception of that one ridiculous variant.

Hrm. Maybe I'll do that then. They'll be my plasma guys since I'll have melta raptors up front and Autocannons in the back.

I was giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming your super marines 5 across the board would mean they'd do okay. But to be quite honest I assume they won't do well.

>advocating WAACing a casual group
>recommending to force your group into full WAAC mode
>not wanting to play in a 100% casual group with casual fluffy lists instead of the same netlisted bullshit
As expected of a homoerotic Eldar player

Really depends on who they fight and the delivery method. With Golden Task Force instead of obsec, their deep strikes will basically land wherever I want. Tanks can also be bullet magnets and take some of the heat off. Still, very situational and you're probably right.

Casual groups are the best.

An old friend started playing again, and there's this super casual group starting around them with nids and Orks and shit. However, I'm a Schizoid and will likely never see them again. Fun!

You play a game to win don't you? When everyone is playing to win instead of messing around maybe then your wins will feel more rewarding and earned.

Case in point: Before I ran this list everyone was playing shitty unoptimised lists with no focus on winning the game. lists like foot marines and ork boy spam.
Now they run lists to actually win and I actually have to play the game to win. They are still all fighting for second place though.

Had someone vow to quit the hobby after he faced me when he no word of a lie said "You've ruined the spirit of the game". If anything he has because people should play to win and it's not my fault he's to mentally fickle to get that. Now he plays Bolt Action something which I will soon go into as well.

Worst case scenario you end up splitting them into two 5-man units each, but I like having the more meaty troop squads. Lets them be a bit more annoying/last a bit longer.

I love that pic so much.

>555-come-on-now

Kek just bring something with 13 armour and that list would get rekt EZ. Also bad Eldar bait.

The army builder doesn't work on mobile, unfortunately.

user told me to put the Reinforced Rams on the Trukks to make sire they don't get immobilized when crossing terrain, and the Boarding Planks are for guaranteeing charges easier. It made sense to take them, in my mind. Grot riggers give It Will Not Die, right? Yeah, that makes sense. I like my Nob Star since they get a whole slew of heavy attacks, and I thought it'd be fun to have them in there. I guess not? Should I get rid of the Big Choppas and fit in the Deff Dread? I'd heard they were pretty bad in the Ork Codex, but I dunno.

I do like Stormboyz, and Mek Guns seem pretty cool, though I dunno which ones to take. Kannons, Lobbas, and Kustom Mega Kannons all seem pretty good.

Your Fedora is showing.

Take the Big Choppas if you are going against an army that has army higher than a 3+ or 4+ (forgot if it was ap5 or 4) or else its pretty much useless. Dreads are better than Kanz for sure, put them under a KFF and give them a rigger and its pretty hard to kill them.

I dunno, I just want to collect them right now for fun, but I also want it to be an okay list if I ever do get around to playing. I know that Orks are a really weak army, but still. Big Choppas are AP5.

If I fit the Deff Dread in my list then I could just buy the Start Collecting box, which is nice.

Sad part is, I have no doubt some people actually think like this.

what could i improve in this list? I'm playing 1250 points, maelstrom game.
I tried to included pretty much my favorite model but now I have some points left and i wonder what would be the best way to fill some gap in the army list.

I'm gonna try to fish for ghoststorm + soulswitch with the sorcerors, i'f i'm really lucky and get it both on the first try i'll probably roll on telepathy i guess for sweet shrouded / invis / psychic shriek

I should add that i'm playing night lords btw

>Marine getting best sportsman

They're nearly as bad as fucking Aeldari with their thunderfire and grav spam.

>shuriken cats
>not scatlasers

can't even bait properly/10

Veeky Forums sucks at the game.

It's almost like being the most popular faction means they have a greater variety in player type than the other armies.

It's a Blood Angel. That image was also made at the dawn of 7th, when they were still reeling from their codex nerf.

Okay, this is weird, I must have miscounted somewhere in my army because I had more than enough points available after removing a Power Klaw. Did I remove something else other than a Power Klaw? Or did I just add up something wrong?

1500 Blood Axes 'Blitzkrieg Invasion of Armageddon'

HQ
-Warboss, 60
+'Eavy Armour, 4
+Power Klaw, 25
+Da Lucky Stikk, 25
+Attack Squig, 15
+Kombi-Rokkit, 5
+Ammo Runt, 3
Total, 133
+++++
-Painboy, 50
+Grot Orderly, 5
Total, 55
+++++
Elites
-Nobz, 54
+7 Nobz, 126
+'Eavy Armour, 40
+4 Kombi-Rokkit, 20
+2 Power Klaw, 50
+8 Big Choppa, 40
Total, 355
+++++
Dedicated Transport
-Battlewagon, 110
+Kill Kannon, 30
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Grot Riggers, 10
Total, 170
+++++
-Kommandos, 50
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 10
+2 Kommandos, 20
+2 Burnas, 30
+Boss Snikrot, 60
Total, 205
+++++
Troops
-2xBoyz, 60
+2 Boyz, 12
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 10
Total, 117 (234)
+++++
Dedicated Transport
+3xTrukk, 35
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Rokkit Launcha, free
Total, 55 (110)
+++++
Fast Attack
-Blitza Bommer, 135
+++++
Heavy Support
-Deff Dread, 80
+Third Power Klaw, 10
+Grot Riggers, 10
+Rokkit Launcha, free
Total, 100

Total, 1472

i dont know the name for the power for space marine because i play chaos but using the new marine psychic power you can move a melee squad some truly ridiculous range.
assuming both the psyker + melee squad and the fodder squad starts next to each other

Move 6'' both
Ghoststorm to move a unit up to 18'' away
Soulswitch with them, put the squad in max coherancy range up to 6'' away as per the ruling for the power
charge up to 12''
with luck and planning you can do even more than that, for a sweet charge of up to 38'' from a starting line, can really help a squad move to assault fast and catch pesky eldar that try to run away

>BA
>TFC
>grav

Reminder

How does tg prefer to play its games?

A. Make lists separately for a point level then decide the mission type. (Competitive)

B. Make lists with opponent cooperatively to ensure a good game, then decide mission type.

C. Choose mission type then build lists separately

D. Choose mission type then build lists together. (Narrative)

Oh, I must have forgotten to add the Painboy cost or something, since I re-added and it's 1497, which makes a lot more sense!

How is my list now?

Are you putting the kommandos in a trukk?

Build one list separately and then play a six month long campaign with those lists

You will auto lose unless you add a second detatchment or remove the dark talon due to everything forced to start in reserves.

A
Sometimes we'll discuss specific units we'll be bringing to our next game.

Does anyone actually do anything other than option A? Sounds nice.

My group absolutely insists on list secrecy until both players have finished making them to prevent even the possibility of "subconscious tailoring". And we roll for mission type at the start of the game like GW intended, meaning a given list can be fucked over if we decide to play something other than Maelstrom.

I forgot this one but enjoy this one. Patrician taste.

>My group absolutely insists on list secrecy until both players have finished making them to prevent even the possibility of "subconscious tailoring". And we roll for mission type at the start of the game like GW intended, meaning a given list can be fucked over if we decide to play something other than Maelstrom.

That's what I do too. I like the uncertainty in the list building, while there's still a general "gotta build a list to make sure I don't get fucked of X thing happens".

To me it creates more well-rounded lists as people cover their bases.

I personally enjoy cooperative list building. Even just "hey I'm bringin this stuff" to make sure I don't show up with armor, air, lord of war, or competitive build without my opponent being able to make it a fun game.

Its not super fluffy but a flyong daemon prince of tzeentch with NL rules is bretty good and survivable, give it a whirl.

Dang it, I just noticed more than a few errors, like having the three right there. Lemme fix this.

Fixed version! I even had enough points to bring back the Nob's Power Klaw!

1500 Blood Axes 'Blitzkrieg Invasion of Armageddon'

HQ
-Warboss, 60
+'Eavy Armour, 4
+Power Klaw, 25
+Da Lucky Stikk, 25
+Attack Squig, 15
+Kombi-Rokkit, 5
+Ammo Runt, 3
Total, 134

-Painboy, 50
+Grot Orderly, 5
Total, 55

Elites
-Nobz, 54
+7 Nobz, 126
+'Eavy Armour, 40
+4 Kombi-Rokkit, 20
+3 Power Klaw, 75
+7 Big Choppa, 35
Total, 355

Dedicated Transport
-Battlewagon, 110
+Kill Kannon, 30
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Grot Riggers, 10
Total, 170

-Kommandos, 50
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 5
+2 Kommandos, 20
+2 Burnas, 30
+Boss Snikrot, 60
Total, 200

Troops
-2xBoyz, 60
+2 Boyz, 12
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 5
Total, 112 (224)

Dedicated Transport
+2xTrukk, 30
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Rokkit Launcha, free
Total, 50 (100)

Fast Attack
-Blitza Bommer, 135

Heavy Support
-Deff Dread, 80
+Third Power Klaw, 10
+Grot Riggers, 10
+Rokkit Launcha, free
Total, 100

Total, 1496

This is a good point. Secrecy does encourage more balanced lists, though knowing what armies/units your opponent has at his disposal can limit this.