sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
How do you feel about archetypes that step on the toes of other classes? I mean arcana cleric, theurgy and the likes.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12574247
youtu.be/SY7h4VEd_Wk
youtu.be/ePskTD61oH0
youtu.be/8kNwvIEQsg0
youtu.be/nJO7XBOdA6M
youtu.be/FPhEgjpVbJE
youtu.be/AoPqrzkYMJ4
youtu.be/PDgJpQZae0E
youtu.be/yPUzxMnmhkQ
youtu.be/pc9PPy0jzc8
youtu.be/1oa4iwGoP5U
youtu.be/HY3NQUoT89k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

strawpoll.me/12574247

How do you feel about the new UA?

I like them. They're like a sideways version of multiclassing but often with their own twist.

How do I convince boring people to use a fighting style other than sword and shield?

Once, everything was great. Then some asshole stole the wind and all weather patterns across the world became fixed in place. Cites bake under cloudless skies while storms rage eternal elsewhere, drowning everything in a great flood. Still air chokes the valleys and a ceaseless howling grinds down mountains.

>Astronomy
youtu.be/SY7h4VEd_Wk
A warlock named Desdinova (Imaginos) was recruiting adventurers at the Four Winds Bar to help him recapture the wind. His current apprentice, Carrie, gave them half of a magic map that can locate the wind, and told them to find his former apprentice (Searchin' for Celine) who went rogue and is helping the wind-thief. Some of the other adventurers there were working for the thief, so there was a brief fight before they could set out.

>Mistress of the Salmon Salt / Don't Pay the Ferryman (yeah i know that's chris deburgh) / Don't Fear the Reaper
youtu.be/ePskTD61oH0
youtu.be/8kNwvIEQsg0
youtu.be/nJO7XBOdA6M
The map led them to a village that was overrun with enormous plants under the thrall of a crazed Druid (Quicklime Girl) who'd diverted all the local water sources (since there's no rain anymore) to water her plants--and was feeding the villagers to them. They roasted her shit and got a magical vine-o-la. They boarded a ferry to go upriver to the next city but paid for their ride in advance, so the ferryman (the Reaper) tried to drown them mid-stream and keep their cash.

I love them.

>Sword and shield
>Boring
Right, because GWM, polearm mastery and sharpshooter are so interesting.

>Hungry Boys / The Siege and Investiture of Baron von Frankenstein's Castle
youtu.be/FPhEgjpVbJE
youtu.be/AoPqrzkYMJ4
The next stop was a city whose population had been partially been replaced by cannibal-fiends created by a mad necromancer up in his castle. The party helped free some trapped civilians and OF COURSE the fucking Rogue decided to get high on cannibal-coke and became a thrall of the necromancer-Baron. The party decided they'd storm the castle to get their bro back and got some of the surviving townsfolk to join them on the march against the necromancer, killing him, his undead monstrosity, freeing the Rogue, and jacking the Baron's thundersticks.

>Golden Age of Leather
youtu.be/PDgJpQZae0E
The map pointed them across a vast desert, so they decided to stock up on supplies and get some camels. They met a tribe of Mongolian-styled dudes who were dying out and failed to convince them to just adapt to life in some other part of the world. The tribe was having a big feast in advance of a great and suicidal ride into the heart of a windstorm raging in the center of the desert, because they'd rather go out with a bang. The party hitched a ride with them to go as far as the storm and wound up having to fight some sand serpents and elementals in a giant battle where plenty of the Mongolians died. A bro they'd made in the tribe gave them an ancestral flute ("THE FLUTE IS A HEAVY METAL INSTRUMENT") and his embroidered leather jacket for their help and rode off into the storm to glorious death.

Total BS. Its like they acknowledge that there's issues with the classes they're trying to blend into, but rather than fixing the issue they sidestep it.

In other news,

In 5e, are daggers treated as more of a novice weapon than they were in the past? I know the items in the books are "official" and sort of meant to guide homebrew, but there's not many magical daggers. Is the idea that I'm not supposed to use daggers, unless I have to or there's no better option available?

>Dancin' in the Ruins / Hot Rails to Hell
youtu.be/yPUzxMnmhkQ
youtu.be/pc9PPy0jzc8
Skirting around the storm, the magic map suddenly switched destinations and pointed the party to a ruined town in the middle of the desert, so they decided to recoup there and see if they could scavenge any shit. All they found was some hostile skellingtons and a hole leading into a giant stone hill they reasoned used to be a mountain before it was eroded away. They beat up the boss skellington and jacked his magical ribcage. Inside the hole they found a shortcut through the desert in the form of an old Dwarven mine cart rail and went on a high-speed death ride through sweltering magma- and skellington-filled caverns.

>Make Rock Not War / Career of Evil
youtu.be/1oa4iwGoP5U
youtu.be/HY3NQUoT89k
Emerging on the other side of the desert, they passed into a town in the plains in the midst of a civil war. Two powerful Bards were using enchantment magic and the power of music to enthrall and enslave the citizens, as well as fight against the minions of the opposing Bard. The resistance movement contacted the party and they hatched a plan to throw a rock concert using the CONVENIENTLY GATHERED MAGICAL ITEMS WHICH FUNCTION AS INSTRUMENTS to override the Bards' spells, freeing the people and leading a massive revolt to kill the assholes. Then all of their shit was stolen by an agent of the Wind-Thief who'd infiltrated the resistance and was laying in wait for the party.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to do a Flaming Telepaths / Veterans of the Psychic Wars session for next week.

SEND ME LINKS TO YOUR FAVOURITE ONE SHOT ADVENTURES I AM A LAZY DM

There aren't many magic corssbows either.

Eldritch Knight was lacking. I thought it would have been magic infused attack and not switching between them.
You give them a reason forsake defence and kill all before harm come.

Come to Duardin Thunderhammer's Fortress of ethnic cleansing and help us eliminate the knife eared pleague

>How do I convince boring people to use a fighting style other than sword and shield?

Maybe, just maybe you should construct a game with actual options. Instead of saying "3.5 sucked! So we're never going to have interesting chargen again! Also, ability score requirements for multiclassing, because AD&D did it!". Not to mention keeping a greatsword at 2d6 damage which is 2.5 more than a longsword, making it objectively better in all circumstances so fighting with a shield isn't even fucking worth it. AC is slightly less shit now but it never improves so what's the fucking point? If they actually made feats that you could combine 2 or 3 of and stopped making you give up ASIs for them (or better yet remove ASIs because they are fucking stupid and go against bounded accuracy that Merals fellate so furiously) then they might produce an interesting chargen. But Merals doesn't give a fuck about chargen, he said he's sick of D&D discussion circling around theorycrafting and he wants it to be all about nat20 stories and actualy in game events, ignoring the fact that that was already a good portion of the discussion. So he just kills half the 5e discussion right there, shuts down the Wizards of the Coast forums, then points to sales figures driven by Critical Roll and Stranger Things and says "look! look! I did that! I did that by fucking up slightly less than I did with 4e!"

Fuck off, Virt.

In other words: your "boring" people will never use a different fighting style because there is no reason to. The weapons have zero mechanical diversity. Having weapon style feats would help, but Merals hates those because they were in 3.5 and 3.5 was bad. All of it. Nothing from 3.5 can be kept in. Unless it's the shitty parts like triangular spell matrix casting and hit dice. Or the shitty parts of 4e like healing surges (hit dice) and once-per-day fighter abilities. But if it's one of the good parts of those two editions? The parts that were imperfect but needed some work, and would require someone with actual game design chops? Nah fuck that, delete those and put some pretty art and sell the book for forty bucks and they'll buy it anyway.

ok actually yeah, I'll give you that. I just think so far they've done it in such terrible ways. It always ends up being too much versatility, all while sorcerers are sitting at 15 spells.

An Arcana Cleric can learn 9th level Wizard spells and 9th level Cleric spells. Why should a blended class have access like that, when a fully fledged multiclass can't? With archetypes like these, who needs multiclassing to begin with?

Our company's not called "Sorcerers of the Coast', son.

Only put magical warhammers in.

>Crawford is the no-fun faggot who gives shitty answers in Sage Advice and cleaves more tightly to the past
>Mearls says "do whatever you want man" more often than not
>any time people are talking about what gets put in officially, everyone says Crawford is in charge and his rulings override Mearls'
>when something they don't like happens, they insist it was Mearls' doing and he's the one responsible for all creative decisions
i dunno man
i think there may be some misplaced anger here
is it because he has a (((rainbow))) twitter icon that so triggers our lovely autists?

1. If monsters ignore them, their sword-and-shieldliness doesn't really help them much at all.
2. If they wanna suck, they can suck. If you're a fighter, you're better off with crossbow expert or polearm mastery.
3. Instead of having compulsory feats, you should buff people who refuse to take sensible builds and nerf people who know the exact right feat combinations - Let everybody choose a part of any applicable feat to apply to a weapon in their inventory. Each weapon they carry gets a different one. Then remove those stupid compulsory feats.
i.e. sword user gets parts of the sword mastery UA feat for free, and can use different parts on different swords.

I HATE RAINBOWS

Haha go dworfs! Fuck those gay elves am I right?!
Christ this shit has been obnoxious for years.

Multiclassing is an optional rule anyway, stop acting like it is a major part of the game.

>Mearls says "do whatever you want man" more often than not

That's because he knows the game is bad and his excuse is "ignore the rules" instead of fixing them.

>imblyin that "Optional" doesn't translate to "If you don't know shit about DMing, don't allow this rule"

Well I mean, compared to him playing literally the same character in every damn game, yes. He's not even using that fighting style for the shield that imposes disadvantage. Just the free +1 AC one.

>mfw want to destroy the wall
And maybe slap around the gods a bit It's for their own good I swear

How do you implement formation?

Forgotten Realms a shit.

So anyone got any cool ideas for some magical daggers and or magical crossbows aside from the obvious +1,2,3

pic related for neat crossbow ideas

I'd be okay with less multiclassing if they improved on archetypes.

And we could probably do with some non-magical "hybrid" archetypes, like maybe a Swashbuckler (fighters mimicking rogues) or brawlers (fighters with a monk's unarmed focus)

lads, I....

Here's an idea: he's playing the character he wants to play. Why are you so goddamn butthurt over it?

>Playing premade adventures

The Apocalypse dagger from AI that Perkins used was p fuckin funny when it ate half the party.

Autoreloading/maybe exploding crossbows are my go to when I want to give the crossbow using character a fun new toy

>being hermaphroditische knife-eared faggot

Why live?

Hey man, I said I was lazy. I'm a bit of a flaky DM so I'm going to run mostly single session dungeons when I can, all tied together by a general storyline. I dont want to universe build because I'm liable to fuck off to another country for three weeks while my players play the other campaign my group runs.

>False flagging this hard
I wonder who could be behind this post!

KEK

What kind of formation? Are you going for some Ass Combat?

dagger comes back to your hand no action required
homing dagger +to hit -damage
rip off that prince of persia dagger, who let's you cast haste, slow, augury, rewind time one turn
pick other magic weapons and just change it to dagger

Why u care bout tree!!

The rest of the group likes to play different characters and actually roleplay. I'm not butthurt, because in real life nobody freaks the fuck out about pedantic shit like this, he's just a good friend in our group, and frankly just a boring roleplayer. It's just a small part of it. Knowing exactly how he's going to behave in every station makes him uninteresting.

I guess if you're really socially inept that you can't see past the hyperbole, a better way to ask this is: "How do I get my friend to play not the exact same character every single game?"

>happy elf
How happy exactly. Joyful? Glad? Elated?
Gay, even?

Well, there's the old ones from 2e:
Crossbow of accuracy (bonus to hit, not to damage. All ranges count as short range)
Crossbow of distance (double range)
Crossbow of speed (double rate of fire, cocks itself)
Dagger, Longtooth (turns into a shortsword when used by small characters. Does maximum damage to wood or stone)
Dagger of throwing (180 ft range, double damage on throws)
Dagger of venom (has a small compartment for 6 doses of poison. On a nat 20 will inflict save or die poison on the victim)
Hornblade (size ranges from knife to scimitar. Hidden blade springs out of hafted horn)
Knife, buckle (knife that looks like a belt buckle)

Now that mystics are a thing do you think we'll get psionic races? Will they bring back old ones or possibly make new ones?

If you get lucky with the placement of the Sunsword in CoS, like the crossroads graves or Madam Evas encampment, and get it early enough I think a Paladin of level 5 could have a decent chance of soloing Strahd, and perhaps in 1 turn if he gets two crits

Consider, two crits does
8d8+12 radiant (sunsword crit)
16d8 radiant (Divine smite crit)
For a total median damage of
120 plus 20 damage from sunlight hypersensitivity, thats almost all Strahds 144 hp in one turn, If your paladin is vengeance and you use Hunters mark, thats an extra 14 (4d6) which puts you over his HP with median damage

Top Kek

We have one guy in our group like that. We just tease him about it.

my gay-ass tiefling is a favored soul sorc and servant of Sune

even if the DM wasn't throwing so much shit at us, I think I'd still feel underpowered at this point, just because of how strong the monk and barb are

presumably that'll change when I get fireball

What do you guys think about the announcement that we'll be getting stats for all of the Archdevils? Does this mean we're going to be getting stats for gods?

I don't care. 90% of the games never reach the point where you can fight them.

>implying any characters could kill a god

Oh wait this is D&D

I have never bothered with stats for extremely powerful creatures, because it only opens them up to be cheesed and makes them look pathetic compared to other established things they should destroy easily.

If I'm going to put a God or Archdevil in my game to be fought and defeated, I'll make my own statblock and oodles of other things necessary to even stand a chance. I really don't go in for the whole "five guys hit level 16 and start killing Lathander" deal.

So my Necromancer Wizard just became level 6. Given enough downtime, I can raise and control 12 zombies and/or skeletons at a time.

Have I won the game?

Reposted from the last thread, didn't realize it was dead.

I don't know man, Tiamat's stat block is pretty great. Like, limited spell immunity is something that the Tarrasque should have had.

No, you win he game when you can beat a lvl 20 moon druid

There are some level 10-ish builds, maybe lower, that have a conceivable chance of 1v1ing most of the Demon Lords if you try hard enough.

Only if your table and party is full of faggots who will let you get away with being a corpse-defiling necromancer in their presence.

What kind of cuck has a problem with skellingtons?

Jesus what went wrong? The model used for her is hot

>New book that has massive chapters, each devoted to the creatures and environment of all the planes

yes fucking please. Gimme my proper 5e Hollyphant and Roving Mauler while you're at it.

normal villagers, paladins, clerics. ya know, those guys

Apparently this elves faggot right here

You're forgetting his bonus health from his castle, and relying on 2 crits so he doesn't get a turn to take any evasive action (bearing in mind he gets legendary actions that allow him to move 4 times before your next turn, including changing into a bat or whatever

>Party consists of CE Paladin, NE Rogue, Druid, Bard and a Fighter who doesn't RP

I'm good!

I don't mind a class dipping into another's niche.
I don't like it when that dip is somehow better than the class it's emulating at that niche.

My one friend got a "lucky dagger", where if he rolls 17-20 without proficiency, it is a crit but 1-3 are crit misses.

>CE Paladin
5e was a mistake.

Anyone ever do anything interesting with their characters when they've died and been resurrected?

We sadly won't be seeing Thri-Kreen anytime soon, however we may see an Eberron push with Kalashtar and Psiforged Warforged Subrace?

Half-Giants were kind of folded into Goliaths and Firbolgs so we probably won't see them...how do both of those do as mystics anyhow?

Maybe a Goblin Blue variant. Maybe Shardmind will be revisited again. Xephs, Elans, and Dromites may yet see resurgence.

No user. Someone allowing a CE Paladin was a mistake.

>the Druid won't have a problem with you creating undead abominations

We have to go back.

pls fill in a casual
what does the CE stand for?

But there are three evil oaths, user.

You know you unimaginative faggots could go to another edition, right?

Cum eating

Chaotic Evil i.e lolz randumb murder the alignment.

>stats for all of the Archdevils
Wait wait where was that announced? I've been wanting that for a while now!

Chaotic Evil.
The "I stab the questgiver" alignment.
The "I burn down the orphanage when the paladin isn't looking" alignment.
The "I rape the bar maid" alignment.
The "That's what my character would do!" alignment.

Better yet, I could just not allow CE shitlords at my table. Especially CE Paladins.

>won't be seeing Thri-Kreen anytime soon,
Why do you think that in particular? The most recent miniature line includes a number of Thri-Kreen figures, so they have more representation within 5e than pretty much any other, non-underdark Toril based psionics.

Mike Mearls' twitter

>reincarnate them as a completely different race and class and have them show up at their own funeral, because their god planned it

>Why do you think that in particular
(((Mike Mearls))) literally said so in those exact words.

>[autistic screeching]

I had a character who was a regular Twilight Druid, but the last thing they did when they first died was try and convince kobolds that he was one of them by speaking Draconic and such. So when they brought me back, the DM had me roll a wisdom save, and I failed, so my character really did think he was a kobold for a session. It ended with the idea for my character to multiclass into a Warlock with a pact with Tiamet.

I do this to elves to cure them of their faggotry

Reaper seems more NE to me

>not reuniting with your confused gay lover

what are you, some kind of drow

Well damn, I ignore the twitter stuff except for rules questions.

No I'm a dwarf

Ah. Yeah, makes sense.

so your wife has a beard, but elves are the gay ones?

No guys, it's fine, he only tried killing and sacrificing an innocent girl all alone because he was acting in-character to his Yuan-Ti death god, it was completely in character! And let me tell you, he was completely justified in his ranting against the DM for not allowing him to get an easy kill when it turned out that character was a high level monk that was intended to be a plot hook! And the DM was completely in the wrong to turn off his magical item, even though it's powered by a LG Paladin spirit! How could someone who decided to be a CE paladin EVER be in the wrong? Clearly, he wasn't just a shitty player who was butthurt he wasn't allowed to be a raging douchebag and egg on the DM until he folded and allowed him to recover his connection with the weapon.

No they're not gay they're all tree lovers so I call them stick bundles

"Dwarf" and "tease" are the same word in elven.

Goddamn maybe I'm a bit of an asshole of a DM but I just wouldn't let any of my players play a CE character unless the campaign was designed for it.

everyone knows elven maidens like clams

a major step forward in elf/dwarf relations