Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Hammer Time Edition
What is your opinion on adventuring crafters? Does it make sense for blacksmiths, alchemists, artificers and similar to adventure? How are you even going to carry a forge with you? Also, Blacksmith from Spheres of Might is still bonkers.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6mYGcNgKn8
youtube.com/watch?v=u3kkVGuiKFI
docs.google.com/document/d/1GG-j2Uu9bT3rGEMtS5tx8Fu_7i8heNyKxZDPBFwjN9E/edit#
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/#Weapon_Training_Ex
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/#TOC-Weapon-Training-Ex-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It makes perfectly sense. A professional party should have their equipment custom crafted inhouse by one or more of their number instead of hoping that the shop has what they need.

This is why GMs who ban crafting are dumb

crafting is banned because it tends to make WBL nonexistent.

Threadly reminder that there's no reason not to let Bushi gain proficiency with Dueling Swords or Estocs instead of Katanas.

>WBL meme
Bad GM detected

>wbl is just a meme

And we're done here.

then suck your DM's dick about it, who gives a shit.

WBLmancy is still a problem, you dweeb. Crafting shatters expected power expectations for CR.

Just reminding you that Legacy of Blood and Flame exists.

PFS player detected
There comes a point where time is more important than money and when items begin costing in the tens of thousands of GP, PCs can tend to begin to risk being undergeared for their level if they wait for their crafting projects to finish.

At best crafting stretches wbl to about 130~140% the actual value or less if the entire group is relying on one to two out of the five to craft their gear.

I played around with the concept of a travelling blacksmith once, I never ended up doing it because the more I looked into mundane crafting the more it disappointed me, but I worked out an interesting idea. I think it's doable by raw, but only on merit of taking advantage of big holes in the rules left by two undeveloped systems Paizo shat out.

See, a heavy wagon vehicle takes up a space of 2x4 squares. The rooms rule requires a minimum 8 squares to build a forge, which you'd just barely meet this way. Because room rules pretty much give you no limitation on where they're allowed to be put other than some loose handwaving on it, you should be able to just stick a forge on a wagon and travel around like that to be allowed to craft Full Plate on the road or whatever.

So does WWW, desperado, rough rider, you know you don't want none of, etc, etc

>it tends to make WBL nonexistent.
Only if you're running AP with complete disregard to how your players make their characters, or something equal silly.

>people can onyl play APs

>crafting doesn't rape WBL

Its like a meme.

Reminder that people who think crafting is broken is just as stupid as people who think crane stance is broken and the synthesist is better than the base summoner.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6mYGcNgKn8

Yeah, its not like things can even legitimately cause problems in a game

Broken blade being overpowered is just a meme user!

Why is thrashing dragon considered a natural attack discipline when pretty much all its stances only work when you are two weapon fighting?

Would it kill dsp to have typed "or natural weapons" in thre somewhere?

>not also having options for either Shotel or Falcata
What are you, gay?

>people can onyl play APs
If you're too fucking retarded to read a complete sentence, you seriously need to kill yourself. Like, right away.

you first senpai

Two can play this game.
youtube.com/watch?v=u3kkVGuiKFI

Its even worse for homebrew campaigns as GMs can literally pressure his PCs to go adventuring every day.

Okay this got a giggle out of me.

No, seriously. I can give you step by step instructions if you need them.

Am I looking in the wrong places, or is the info on the Qlippoth Lords super scarce?

how about you perform a demonstration

Qlippoths have basically no support. I believe a new book of the damned is going to be coming out soon that gives a lot more information on the rulers of the lesser known and utilized fiends, such as Qlippoth Lords, Oni Daimyo, and the like.

It's super scarce.

It is.
Because just like every other thing Paizo has worked on, whenever they ha WA cool concept they either ignore or squander it for the sake of appeasing hipsters

Soon (tm)
Like everything that could be good about Paizo.

Isn't there a species of Qlippoth listed in one of the books that has never once appeared, gotten a statblock, or even a picture?

What would be a good title for a member of the Ordre des Repas Exotiques i.e. a Battle-Chef?

inb4 The Iron Chef

Alright /pfg/, gotta ask for a little build help.

One of the PCs in my group fought a bogeyman awhile ago and forced it to retreat, but didn't manage to kill it. Now I'm planning to have it come back with 7 levels of Antipaladin. What are the best, nastiest tricks I can have this thing pull for an Intimidate build?

Signature Skill (Intimidate)

it's kind of a dick move though because the party will spend most of their time running away and they probably won't find it fun

How does acrobatics works to avoid AoOs? imagine there're 3 dudes near me, then 2 dudes two squares away (that I also going to cross). Do I roll once and try to surpass everybody CMD+10? do I roll once for the immediate ones and pass CMD+6 and then again and pass CMD+10?

You roll acrobatics once and apply it to each DC individually.

What do you do when you expected dungeon crawler kind of players and instead you end up with Machiavellian, liars, conman, usurpers players.

Celebrate

docs.google.com/document/d/1GG-j2Uu9bT3rGEMtS5tx8Fu_7i8heNyKxZDPBFwjN9E/edit#

Pretty sure you can only target one creature at a time, though I suppose there are feats to affect more. Then again the only one I can think of requires you to kill an enemy to work.

Kill them, find a new group or tell them to reroll. Pathfinder isn't made for that and I'm honestly not interested in that sort of stuff either.

Dazzling Display

Retool the game so all the NPCs are Machiavellian, liars, conmen, and usurpers.

Cornugon Smash could demoralize as many creatures as you could land hits on if I recall.

Awesome, thanks!

Oh right, forgot that one.

For Path of War, are daggers considered light blades or close weapons?

Suddenly I have a great urge to apply for Penitentiary Lobster Diners with a fake app about a medic in a gas mask with two colt .45s. It's hard not to, the character would fit the setting so perfectly!

Ok, imagin pic related
I'm blue, and I want to move to the bottom left part of the map. Red are foes.
So I roll acrobatics vs CMD (of each foe) +10? even though some of them (the two away from the group) aren't bothering me yet?

Check the fighter weapon groups

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/#Weapon_Training_Ex

Check the dang weapon groups you silly user.

They're light blades.

Its based on their Fighter group

Better move fast, it closes up in what, 6 hours or some shit?

Close: bayonet, brass knuckles, cestus, dan bong, emei piercer, fighting fan, gauntlet, heavy shield, iron brush, katar, klar, light shield, madu, mere club, punching dagger, rope gauntlet, sap, scizore, spiked armor, spiked gauntlet, spiked shield, tekko-kagi, tonfa, unarmed strike, wooden stake, and wushu dart.

Blades, Light: bayonet, butterfly knife, butterfly sword, chakram, dagger, deer horn knife, gladius, hunga munga, kama, katar, kerambit, kukri, machete, madu, manople, pata, quadrens, rapier, sawtooth sabre, scizore, shortsword, sica, sickle, starknife, swordbreaker dagger, sword cane, wakizashi, and war razor.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/#TOC-Weapon-Training-Ex-

Although you gotta put a pip into strength because the boogeyman's a dexfag apparently.

Power Attack+Cornugan Smash+Hurtful+Signature Skill (Intimidate) is a really fucking nasty combo, though.

Yes, it's all part of the same move action, which you're trying not to provoke. However, if the closer guys do something to stop you from moving, such as a trip AoO, you'll fall down prematurely and won't provoke from the far-away guys since you weren't able to complete your movement.

What interesting ways have you themed the psychic armory soulknife

Is there any way for the class to get some kind of simple telekinesis/mage hand/whatever at will to better fit a more general telekinetic theme too?

Tell me about ranged disciplines. Is it better than the tried and true volume of attacks+deadly aim+adaptive combo when it comes to damage?

Could be worth the effort, since 2 claws a round isn't terrible, both being at his entire BAB.

>ranged disciplines
Mostly you end up just using boosts to get more shots off rather than strikes. That enhances your full attacks.

What if you just put in 3 levels of Antipaladin and the rest in Vigilante for the one talent that deals scaling damage with demoralization?

Are you playing with High Psionics in-effect to grant the PsyArm the ability to have Gifted Blade manifesting for free? If so, there are some powers which imitate Mage Hand as well as telekinetic abilities.

So the single attacks are mostly for when you're forced to not make a full attack?

Solar wind. Stalker. Get a x4 weapon on your crit. Range doesn't matter.
Cyclops helm or at 11th you get a force crit strike.
Force crit. Activate deadly strikes. Activate murderous insight. Activate time skitter. Full on ranged full attack.

Or when you want to do something other than do damage, yes. Sometimes it might be better to do an AoE for example, or cause a rider effect.

HAMMER TIME!!!

It's actually +8, not +10, is +2 per ADDITIONAL enemy.

The fire damage kind of scares me.

Yes.

I'm hoping to find something that can at least do a mage hand equivalent at will without PP or can use/expend psionic focus to do similar, though, because it's silly that you can't do that but you CAN create big walls or explosions with just psionic focus and the right blade skill.

>going through Paizo made AP
>everyone built Sex based characters independent of eachother
>All the story artifacts are big Str weapons
>everyone else is weapon specific build
>I have 12Str are and have to hump the artifact hammer around
Anyone else experience something like this?

What talent is that? Was planning on 7 levels to get a fiendish bear companion because antipaladin of Folca but damage is always a nice option.

>sex-based

Let's face it, going by /pfg/ standards, that isn't too hard to imagine.

>Sex
*Dex!
Curse you /pfg/, you've corrupted my phone!

Happened to our party going through Wrath of the Righteous.

PoW:E States that you can change around the element. You can go Ice -> Frostbite Halo and shred resistance. You can also go into Solar Wind Style and get around immunity.

Our party found a +14 shortsword that none of us can use due to being weapon-specific, low-bab, no proficiency, or being fucked over by its Axiomatic and Unholy qualities.

Details?

>Twisting Fear (Ex): Whenever the vigilante causes an opponent to gain the shaken, frightened, or panicked condition, that opponent takes an amount of nonlethal damage equal to the vigilante’s reduced hidden strike damage, as the stress wears upon its body. A creature can’t take damage from twisting fear more than once per round. Panicked creatures that take damage from twisting fear are too winded even to scream as they flee in terror. Only a stalker vigilante can select this talent.

Can be pretty nasty if you have a way to make all your intimidates go into Frightened, like the 1st level of Thug rogue and Equipment Trick: Cloak.

Also because you're a stalker, you can take rogue talents, gaining more essence to shred more cold resist with.

>+14

Explain

Don't worry, the worst is yet to come.

+14 shortsword
You know I don't think I'd be too concerned with nonproficiency penalties if I found that. And I doubt whatever I'm specialized in is better than those raw numbers anyway.

>wanted to make rapier duelist magus at the start of campaign
>party needed a support character so I end up an alchemist focused on ranged combat instead
>mfw almost a year later, the big brute martial PCs are either gone or swapped out for wimpy fullcasters
>I'm too deep in plot to feel good about swapping to a different character
>mfw we keep finding cool as fuck swords, including unique rapiers
>mfw another PC, whose player didn't know about my original plan, gets a leadership cohort who is a rapier duelist magus
>I have to watch this clueless asshole NPC run around using all the shit I was hoping to use

JUST

>axiomatic and unholy
Just be best alignment anyway.

>Join RotRL in progress
>GM tells me the party composition
>Its composed of nothing but tier 3s and 4s and no full casters
>Decide to play sorc instead of wizard so they don't get too screwed over
>Every piece of equipment we get from our adventures are really good- If you are a wizard
>Paizo nerfs mnemonic vestment midway through the campaign
>Wear robe of runes until I can afford to craft my otherwordly kimono
It wasnt so bad, at least the party had extra gp to play around with since we pretty much sold all the wizard loot I can't use.

It always sucks when the big brute martial PCs have to go

Lemme guess- there was only one full-BaB martial in there in the first place?

More seriously, check with the GM to see if you can get any of the weapons reforged as finesse-based weapons. Mechanics-wise it shouldn't cost anything past paying for an experienced wizard-smith to do the work.

He kept rolling really high on the tables for what magic item we'd find.

And he decided to just let it go because statistical anomalies are fun.

Well it's not just a flat 14. If I recall correctly, it's... Axiomatic, Unholy, Shocking Burst, and Speed. Then +4.

Really good for killing CG rebels I guess.

The Fighter is a reach-guy and has the Twohand archetype.
The rogue is a pixie.
The wizard is a wizard.
The Summoner is Good.
The Monk is a monk.
The Oracle is Good.
My Cavalier is Good.
My witch is, sadly, a witch.

So an extra 2d4 whenever he scares people. I'd say it's a lot more worthwhile for a pure vigilante though, as opposed to what works out to 4-5 damage at CR 17.

The problem is the Hammer is important for fluff macguffin reasons.
Luckily, I've got access to enlarging weapons, so I just get huge and get the strength needed from that.

Though, if we find another bloody hammer, I'm smelting that dicker down into something else.

Since WBL has already been brought up...

If I use automatic bonus progression and make the magic items really rare and often not available to purchase... Should I expect my PCs to spend their wealth on stuff "RP stuff" like houses, servants, and decorative stuff? Or am I making a horrible mistake?

It depends on if you actually encourage them to do more than be murderhobos.

It might take some nudging, since a lot of players are used to DMs fucking them over any time they build any kind of attachments to anything.

Some of your PCs will probably find the bonuses to be useless and still buy the specific shit that makes their builds work.

No, because they're still going to need equipment special material weapons and armor, alchemical items, etc.

Just find something else.

It's more that you have the ability to deal damage while putting out mass-disables at the same time. I guess that's only abnormal for noncasters anyway but you can make intimidates brutally hard to resist.

to play I mean. PF doesn't do what you're looking for super well.

Not really, no. You need to provide incentive to buy RP stuff rather than making non-RP stuff less appealing.

PCs buy RP stuff when you present reasons for them to buy RP stuff.

Have them go to a home auction or find a haunted villa they can ghostbust and renovate.

Have them meet a man who wants to start up a mine and needs some partners.

Party was a Sorcerer (me), a PoW unarmed user (forgot what in particular), a true neutral dexfag, and the DMPC's paladin.

I wasn't all that shafted, but the PoW and TN dexfag ate shit in terms of loot.