sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
How do the gods/deities in your universe interact with the people? Do they make godly appearances or act from behind the scenes?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12622026
strawpoll.me/12622028
strawpoll.me/12622029
mega.nz/#!fhwA1SKC!bnVR0iRtqfJjpChMiB-Xhwact3xtZLVkC81wbSzS1WI
mega.nz/#!ygwkGKhR!3MWyHF10ZkQIzAQbUj6qk2b8zGV5QIFyhscLJ-MqwI4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"Halflings wear shoes in my setting"

strawpoll.me/12622026
strawpoll.me/12622028
strawpoll.me/12622029

Polls for each of the archetypes in the latest UA.

Which WotC employee are you?

suck tolkien's dick harder... wait.

Homebrew campaign that just finished up today: gods were pretty standard and helpful, but thousands of years ago the gods were basically locked out of the material plane when some sorcerer kings sealed off the Underdark. Only the four main creator gods (Corellon, Io, Pelor, and Boccob) had direct influence, blessing one "envoy" at a time with demigod-tier power.

Eberron: gods probably aren't real, power comes from the strength of belief.

Could I imprison a bunch of nagas, kill them to harvest their meat and repeat it when they rejuvenate?

What do nagas taste like?

What does touching a sphere of annihilation feel like?

The best one.

When did you finally realise we'd never get a fun original setting in 5e's lifetime?

Brapposting.

Before it came out.

Snake
Extreme pain
Never

I was actually interested in running Ebberon for my campaign but I have no clue on how it would be done.

When they released the phb with no original setting just rules and suggestions for established settings

>When the mage and cleric blow all their spell slots on the first hard encounter
>They slowly realize that was just the warm up

I'm not sure I get what you mean. Forgotten Realms is as fun as you want it to be. As for new... I haven't felt it yet, wish they came up with completely new ideas instead of hashing out old stuff, but it seems like that's gonna be the case until they release 5.5e.

Make uncommon magic items buyable in the larger cities based on the DMG prices. If the party is interested, throw in some homebrew crafting rules for magic items (DMG crafting rules are shit). Give artificers some leeway in that department.

It's honestly not super difficult and my players love it.

The problem with Forgotten Realms is it's very, very standard fantasy. I can't name a single small gimicky thing it has that people look at and find interesting, aside from the amount of people who overshadow the PC's in every way.

They seem pretty stupid for a mage and cleric then.

last run i played was asspull after asspull in a mostly incoherent setting, given it was this dm's first attempt at both dm'ing and coming up with a setting, even he admitted it had turned to shit and we decided to end it prematurely.

there were no gods, not that we ever knew about, the world were we started was made out of boredom by a bunch of wizards that came across a magical stone from outer space. we eventually go to their world and they were just normal dudes living lives as mildly competent political leaders and wandering handimen.

and before that, the run where i dm'd probably had no gods either, people believed in stuff, i had given the world religions, but there were no gods. there were a bunch of powerful magical creatures, some worshipped as gods, but mostly remnants from the original inhabitants of the world, who were just things from other planes like demons, dragons and cosmic horrors.

What powers did the Darklords used to have?
Closing the borders? Others?

How are you enjoying your current characters?

> Sorcerer blow all their spell slots on the first hard encounter
> spend the next 2 hours of the session whining about how they need to "long rest"

24 or so gods who basically sit around in their own little plane constantly fighting each other over everything.

Also most gods the DM's had spotlights on seem to be really weird. My character's a Cleric of the Chaotic Neutral god of Farming, Family, Revenge, Nature and Murder.

The wizard should just turn his back and smoke a cigarette while the lesser classes dispatch the rabble. Unless the dwarf cries out or something, then I know something's wrong. Time to sculpt me a Fireball. Oh, I forgot to sculpt the 'ball around the druid? Heh, keep the change, kid.

nothing

Aside from learning that monks are shit, I enjoy playing the character itself.

I'm having fun. I'm a goliath fighter who's the only sane one in the party.

It'd be very painful.

no because my dm hates fun and had to scramble a shit character 5 minutes before starting the run. i'm hoping it dies quickly, it should take more than a hit or two, to get another one going. something munchkiny and mindless so that he can't fuck me over again.

>not calling them hobbits

Give us a greentext, friend.

>When they don't realize you can't LR twice in one day

The fuck is that gif

I actually thought about upgrading the infrastructure a bit more than what I've already heard from Eberron. But I'll run it by my group and I'll ask them what do they prefer since I was already going to incorporate a lot of things from Eberron to the Forgotten Realms since I liked it so much.

The main thing that actually worries me is the Pantheon/Factions, which is why I leaned towards Forgotten Realms as there seems to be more available info. Also the PDF I found for the eberron campaign setting isin't formatted and I find it frustrating to read.

strangely arousing

Why is WotC so afraid of letting monks pack some punch? Drunk Monk would be great if we could pick our fucking targets properly. "But user countering a missed roll on reaction is too strong!" yeah so fucking what, monk is too weak, let him have it. Jesus Christ it's really not a hard class to fix.

A depiction of how your skeleton gets inside your body.

There is literally nothing wrong with monk.

I'm wary of getting too attached to my character, the campaign is a brutal character grinder. I'm on my fifth guy.

Eberron Campaign Setting: mega.nz/#!fhwA1SKC!bnVR0iRtqfJjpChMiB-Xhwact3xtZLVkC81wbSzS1WI
Faiths of Eberron: mega.nz/#!ygwkGKhR!3MWyHF10ZkQIzAQbUj6qk2b8zGV5QIFyhscLJ-MqwI4

Here senpai.

I need to pick your brain /5eg/. A buddy of mine recently got a Pathfinder book kickstarted, effectively a pathfinder version of the Book of Erotic Fantasy (yeah, I know, bear with me). He has expressed interest in maybe doing a similar project for 5e, and of our group of friends I'm both deviant enough to put up with this and the most knowledgeable about 5e - so he's asking that I help with it.

Now I told you that story so I could tell you this one; I was thinking of what I could do with this, and aside from tossing him the stuff I wrote about having a background as a prostitute (hardly worth the effort since customizing backgrounds is core) and trying to track down the guy on reddit who came up with the Oath of Love, I thought having a Warlock patron based on incubi/succubi could be interesting and thematic. At this point I'm basically throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks, and I'd like some suggestions. I'm trying to stick with effects that play on the charmed condition; here are my ideas so far in no particular order:

-Short rest charm effect, or at-will single target charm requiring concentration.
-When you end a charm effect by dealing damage, target takes additional psychic damage (1/2 Warlock level + charisma?)
-When you are targeted by an attack, reaction to attempt to charm your attacker. Attacker must change targets or waste their attack.
-You can take an action to detect the surface thoughts of a creature you've charmed, as Detect Thoughts. You can't probe deeper this way.
-Probably a capstone: you can kiss a charmed creature and either deal loads of psychic damage or outright kill them (based on quivering palm.) I'm thinking short rest recharge because that's how QP works, but this would be gained 3 levels earlier - but at the same time requires they fail a save and be charmed, then fail another save to die. Fuck if I know if it's balanced.

tl:dr; read the above list, give me criticisms and ideas.

it's not a good story and i'm probably a faggot "mystic apologist" or some other shit that guy said when i first shared it.

>ask dm if i he had any character restrictions
>he said he'd really like if i didn't make a super special snowflake homebrew character
>make my special snowflake character and a backup
>day 1, i get to the encounter, another friend is working out his character, not sure of what to pick
>i give him some recs while our dm picks up the details, ask him why is he making his character now
>dm says that he convinced him to not go with his original character, an artificer
>i ask why and he says, no UA
>i tell him, well, then i don't have a character either
>i, mildly upset, go out to get some food and he says, "well, i guess you can use them, you know the system better or something"
>and i obviously answer, "then let him use his original character"
>"no i don't trust him"
>passive aggressively answer deny the offer
>come back from getting food, people is about to start dm asks me if i have a character
>i proceed to roll dice in order, and start the encounter with a 6 dex, 7 con, 18 int wizard and nothing else written on the page

it's a shit story, in the end my friend did use an UA subclass but not his first pick, everyone else went vanilla and the dm had all their backstories beforehand so i set myself to a shit campaign were yet again my character has nothing to gain from.

The rules for resurrection read
>You touch a dead creature that has been dead for no more than a century, that didn't die of old age, and that isn't Undead. If its soul is free and willing, the target returns to life with all its hit points.

Does an Undead creature that's been slain still count as "Undead" for the purpose of this spell's exclusions, or is it now merely "dead" and available to resurrect?

I don't quite understand how Savage Attacks works.

If I crit and 1st level divine smite with a longsword, how much damage do I do? 7d8+mod?

monks
are
GHEY

You got it.

>Now I told you that story so I could tell you this one
ok Cosby

correct, 2d8 from the longsword, 4d8 from the smite and 1d8 from savage attacks.

Loving my gruff barbarian but realizing that nobody else roleplays at all except for the guy who's playing a 12 year old elf.

Sorcerous origin is more fitting than a patron if you ask me.

I think Undead implies actively up and moving, or at least currently empowered by whatever powers undead in your setting. Kill it and it's just another corpse.

I'm a Wizard who's far less effective than I thought I'd be because the Cleric outstats me to fuck.

zip zop zoobidy bop

It's definitely an option, but I've got a hardon for Warlocks, and have 2 other (much less fleshed out) ideas for sorcerers; a Fey bloodline, and a healing bloodline based on the idea that healing magic cast on preggo mom has an odd affect on the child.

Oh wow... nice people... on the internet... Is this the 6th edition campaign setting?

Only True Resurrection revives an undead.

They're the 3.5e versions. I have the 4e versions too if you want but I find the 3.5e versions better overall.

That doesn't answer his questin.

Why is it that average player health is rounded up, but average monster health and damage is rounded down?

Resurrection doesn't work on the corpse of an undead. True Resurrection does.

Don't ask Crawford, he's been on the rag lately.

>the Cleric outstats me to fuck

Possibilities:
1. Cleric is higher level. Why is there such a large discrepancy between your levels?
2. You rolled for stats. Why the hell would your group do this? Absolute shit.
3. You made an unoptimized character. In this case you can't really complain.

Seems like whichever way you have it, you're a faggot.

Because players will only ever get 20 hit dice, NPCs get as many as you need to make them hit whatever CR you want them to be. Giving players a little more bang for their buck seems fair.

The Hit Dice by Size average HP amount isn't rounded at all.

As for players: because it's simpler.

Oh wow... nice people... on the internet... Is this the 6th edition campaign setting?

Takes 3 min to make a char don't be a baby

Are Artificer Gunsmith and Rogue the only classes that should ever consider the Savage Attacker feat?

Because DMs are terrible at building encounters so it's a safer bet to fudge the numbers in the party's favor since the point of the game isn't to try for believable TPKs.

It comes back as its living form not as an undead

No one should consider the Savage Attacker feat, as it is strictly limited to the damage dice of the weapon, not of a given attack. That is, you're not rerolling sneak attacks, you're rolling that rapier d8 at best.

>the point of the game isn't to try for believable TPKs

You're playing wrong.

Oh well fuck that. That's quite possibly the most useless feat in the game then?

but i didn't want to make any effort, effectively getting what i deserved.

mental problems or something.

>party fighting a nest of giant centipedes that happened to take out a farmer
>farmer just barely survives the attack, so have his vitals appear to be almost non-existent when the party checks
>they revive him with minor healing and a centipede poison antidote
>tell him he was literally dead
>he runs away believing he was revived by dark magic by some students of a magical academy
That's going to be for some fun consequences later. That, and the druid not quite fully intimidating a pack of direwolves by displaying a pelt of one of their kind

It's up there but I think some others like weapon master might take the cake.

Sounds like he's just really wishy-washy more than hates fun. He should have told you no UA if he wanted no UA, but passively-aggressively making a character you won't enjoy playing is just dumb and self-defeating, and chances are DM won't care that you fucked yourself over if he really does hate fun.

Just ask him if you can roll a new guy.

Savage Attacker makes greataxes better because they are 1d12, so you get to roll double, but with a greatsword you only get to roll 1d6. I didn't read the thread so you might have talked about this earlier.

Even weapon master gives you an alright bonus and a +1 Ability Score. Savage Attacker's like +1 damage per round.

Drunken Master Monk needs to have improvised weapons be monk weapons, but large ones like ladders and poles (for reach) break after one attack action /flurry of blows, and be able to pick up multiple small items in one turn to have a full number of thrown attacks (providing there are enough mugs, bottles, boots, pans, knives, etc for each attack)

Gives them a ranged attack equivalent to sun soul, a turn of 10ft reach attacks for everything they can pick up in the environment, and a whole lot of bills to pay.

Of course they should be able to do this as many times as they want without resting, as they'll be limited by finding items.

True, I would probably rather have just a +1 than savage attacker.

>>he runs away believing he was revived by dark magic by some students of a magical academy

Sounds silly and forced to me. I hope you have a larger plan.

>tfw my DM thinks it's at least as powerful as GWM and wonders why no one takes it

>Just ask him if you can roll a new guy.
i know he'd let me but i'm really, really autistic about it so i'll just roll the character until it eventually dies. he'd literally have to deliberately never target me for an attack ever, because at 4hp and 8ac any attack from any source would be enough to kill me.
effectively proving my long running feud about how most dms are control freaks too afraid of letting players make meaningful decisions for the sake of preserving the precious plot. it's not even an original setting, it's not like the story is his masterpiece or anything, but you can tell when they write themselves into a corner and just have to fudge everything over in the direction of the player to not risk the plot going too far off the current page.

it's complicated and i know i'm being irrational about it, but it's not just about the characters and you are right, it's not about the fun either.

No, you reroll all the dice. You are thinking of the similarly-named Savage Attacks.

I'm a GOOlock. I didn't make a pact with a GOO, as much as "it" conveniently left a book of knowledge for me to find and become corrupted by.

I don't know the GOO, or its motivations, though I suspect I'm setting things into motion according to its will.

How do i play this? my DM isn't so involved to throw me a backstory - what is my GOO manipulating me to do? Start a cult? I have no idea.

oh yea

Well, to be fair, there is in fact a magical academy nearby that does occasionally have to remove "problem students", so that kind of idea wouldn't be too far fetch to have among the more paranoid and magic-suspicious.
Plus, it'll help give the players an excuse TO go to said magical academy, which has stuff there for them to do as well as having a part in a sub-plot the party's involved in

>How do i play this? my DM isn't so involved to throw me a backstory

Sorry bro, if the DM doesn't collaborate, sekret backstories don't really work.

read the goo on the phb, most goo patrons don't even know, much less care, about the power you took from them. something something too eldritch and alien to even understand.

play into the madness and theorize if the madness has some deeper underlying purpose or not.

>Makes a snowflake
>Wants to use UA

Yep checks out.

If your DM isn't actually having the GOO send you messages, all you can really do is make your own meaning out of whatever the DM does throw at you.

I'd say killing the undead form freed its soul.

So the spell would work as intended.

But that is True Ressurection, a very high level powerful spell you shouldn't have access to.

Yukko is cute!

yes, yes, i'm fully aware.

I'm playing a level 5 College of Whispers Bard in a politics heavy game but we're starting to get into more monster fighting. I wan't to be more effective in combat but I hear 5e bards are great at higher level. about how many points should I dump into rogue for the damage buff (our party doesn't have a rogue already?)

>i'm really, really autistic
>proving my long running feud about how most dms are control freaks

What did he mean by this?

Could someone please tell me what special abilities and qualities the darklords of Ravenloft had in previous editions?

Are attack rolls with a strength weapon considered ability checks?

If so, wouldn't an 18th level Barbarian with 20 strength be able to auto crit every attack?

Advantage on shitposting checks.