>"Haha wow this is so funny!"
>Show friends
>"Haha we should play D&D!"
>Hear there's a new edition out.
>Oh boy it's so simple and easy to use!
>Get group together, play premade game
>Do nothing but force bad jokes
>"Haha I'm three gnomes in a bear trenchcoat don't tell the DM!"
>"You rolled a one? Haha, you trip on the air and your spear lands directly on your ballsack!"
>Never experience a serious story
>Never get into or develop character
>Never immerse yourself in a world where you can be a hero and rise above this shitty life
>"Haha D&D is so fun!"

Please wake me from this nightmare, Veeky Forums.

>Grognard gets mad at how other people he will never meet or interact with play pretend.

This is a spiritual journey you must undertake yourself.

Only you can wake yourself up, fat crying user. Take the leadpill

You have begun the twenty fold path. Slay the pretenders and from each kuncklebone, a new dice will be born.

Only then will you know the secret ways to a serious group.

same

I dislike how there are no quotation marks at the beginning of the statement, but there are at the end.

The whole screed reads like you just like being upset at other people.
Also, how old are you? Because unless you're under 20 or over 37/38, you're a millennial.

"How dare these people have fun the wrong way!" Op shrieked at the stop of his overworked lungs.

That is probably my only problem with the image.

Its like SM, you get a bunch of novices on the hobby, and only those worth it stay.
For every shitty groups 0-2 players get hooked and learn the system.

Hey OP don't worry about it, if someone's going to be playing D&D for whacky shit all you have to do is just ignore it if it's not your thing. And if someone asks you about doing that kind of thing, just tell them you're not interested because it's not what you want out of it. Simple as that.

> if someone's going to be playing D&D for whacky shit all you have to do is just ignore it if it's not your thing
>Just ignore it
>the problem will go away on its own
Except it won't. Ignoring shit doesn't solve the problem, you're just abdicating responsibility. Unless the playgroup is willing to change, "lol wacky" shallow shit becomes the norm. If you don't establish "Hey, let's try and go deeper with this," they're going to assume you're cool with it. If you give them the cold shoulder inexplicably, they'll not want to hang out with you.

In other words, OP needs to nut up and tell his friends that he's not enjoying himself and why.

Have the game start out whacky in low-stakes environments with shit like goblins where the results don't ultimately matter and slowly build up serious dramatic elements without a sudden tonal change, it's not hard dude.

This is why you don't play D&D. That game is meant to contain casuals, and keep them away from decent games.

>a new dice will be born.
>a new dice
>a
>dice

who gives a shit about retarded grammar rules
(underline: retarded ones, not the relatively normal)

>Please wake me from this nightmare, Veeky Forums.
There is no waking up from it, OP. Bazinga!

>Please wake me from this nightmare
Only way to avoid this kind of shit is to look anyne would to-be-friend and say "Is hitler the Aryan's choice and trump a kike plant?" and if the answer isn't "Sieg fucking heil my fellow aryan brudder" just ignore them.

Some people like to play silly games. Many casual players, if interested enough in the concept, will continue playing until they get over that and decide to try a serious game. It's important to get new people in the hobby so creators keep making cool stuff.

What character did you roll? What was the module? What did other people play? How did they even 3 gnomes in a coat? How does it feel to make up greentxt stories about shit that you fear might happen but never did?

Okay, roll for waking up.

Get better friends.

>Be shitty millennial in college
>Find D&D Greentext posted on Reddit and Tumblr
>"Haha wow this is so funny!"
>Show friends
>"Haha we should play D&D!"
>Hear there's a new edition out.
>Oh boy it's so simple and easy to use!
>Bruh what if I make a slavic fighter for elf removal
>As campaign progresses character development ensues
>His daughter was killed by an elf, he was cucked by an elf, and he was driven out of his home to satisfy the elves
>Now his Dwarf Pali druid friend dies by elves
>Hate for elves intensifies
>Me and the DM gets more serious
>Other players start complaining as there is less lulz
>Group part ways
>DM moves away
>Tfw you no longer have anyone to play with
>Tfw Zidar Zidarnov of Sibernikov will not have his revenge
>I am sad

thats prob closer to reality

You've zimbabwe'd me with your dubble dubs.

> "Look at these millennials playing the wrong way"
> glad we never do that

He said on a board fucking clogged with 'that guy', 'muh shitty post-apoc homebrew' and 'magical realm' threads

My best advise is to find a new group. Depending on how long you guys have been this way it'll be harder to get away from it.

>'muh shitty post-apoc homebrew'
which thread in specificular prompted you to pick that pejorative?

Not any one in particular it's just a really overused crutch

> I wanna make a world based on flying
> post-apoc where everyone lives in planes!

> I wanna make a world based on driving fast and car-fights
> post-apoc where everyone loves in cars!

> I wanna make a world where evolved animals live alongside humans
> animals have evolved in post-apoc!

> I wanna make a world based on singing to cast magic
> Reality distortions caused by vocal vibrations something something caused by post-apoc!

It's the zeitgeist of a society that's precariously balanced. All our hereafters end in disaster because there's no clear path forward but plenty down.

>not playing a game that has a serious goal/conflict but funny/silly stuff happens along the way cause you're human beings

MUH GROGNARDS

It'll get better friend

same situation here, just burn your group out on memes, play Everyone is John, run Paranoia and you'll eventually get over it all

My first games were pretty much that. Let me tell you OP, it only gets worse from here, at least it has for me. The meme games were stupid, but fun. My first games were with lazy and dim-witted but light-heated and good-humored player and DMs new to the roleplaying scene. When I had moved to university, I had high expectations when I was told there was a high population of players with years of experience over various editions. How quickly were my hopes dashed when what I was met with instead were soulless players and insane beyond-all-reason megalomaniacal DMs. But hey, maybe It's just me.

Rowan fuck off you know you love Threeraccoons Innacloak

It's way too late for you to be up