/HHG/ -horus heresy general

DG user reveals the true horror of his unstoppable horde edition

>READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/nH4JetCY
forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Etched-Brass-Small-Imperial-Eagles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks for the advice in the last thread user
putting up the updated list just to see if there's anything else I can do with it

HQ
Krole
150 pts

Centura
Master Crafted Paragon Blade
105 pts

Centura
Master Crafted Paragon Blade
105 pts

Elite
Raptor Guard x10
Aquisitor
295 pts

Troops
Vigilator Cadre x10
Aquisitor
270 pts

Vigilator Cadre x10
Aquisitor
270 pts

Prosecutor Cadre x10
Aquisitor
240 pts

Prosecutor Cadre x10
Aquisitor, Extra Armour
240 pts

Prosecutor Cadre x10
Aquisitor
240 pts

Heavy Support
Caladius Tank
195 pts

Caladius Tank
195 pts

Caladius Tank
195 pts

Total: 2500 pts

Again, Centuras go with the Vigilators and Krole with her Raptors

What's the best tool to file down the helmet ridge to turn 2 lenses into 1.

I'm not happy with how scrappy my first attempt is.

honestly thats not too bad of a job
personally I'd grab the finest nail file you can get clip the bridge and file in the gap with care

How strong do you think the augmented humans that were part of the Dark Angels Legion were ? Those like Luther, strong and experienced knights that were too old to survive the process of becoming an Astartes. Obviously not Marine tier, but perhaps faster reflexes and better constitution ?

>Planet Morningstar
>Worship Shaitan

There's that good old McNeillain subtly.

Probably just a step down from normal marines so they can still keep up

Is kraken missile Ligthning good in a Mechanicum force ? (I plan on buying one to put down armoured key target)

At least he is busy shitting up League of Legends lore.

I dunno how you make that worse but he is off to a great start.

>Get paid to write a book about Magnus and the Thousand Sons
>Spend half of it giving Perturabo and the Iron Warriors a loving blowjob

The man has it cracked all right.

Is there anyone who DOESN'T dicksuck the Iron Warriors? The fanboys are quite vocal and obnoxious. Almost as bad as Death Guard.

>Spend half of it giving Perturabo and the Iron Warriors a loving blowjob
How so?

To be fair they do only have 1 HH book about them.

e-e-explain?

>tfw umbra pattern bolters don't fit properly with plastic mkIII

> almost as bad as Death Guard
Are... are you knew here? You must be. How else could you think ANY other legion fanbois are worse than the IWfags who have shit up this thread for the past 9 months.

Shaitan = satan. I think it's the Arabic pronunciation, though in Islam it can refer to devils in general rather than "the" devil.

Also, Satan's Vulgate name, Lucifer, comes from "morning star", the old name for Venus (the planet as seen in the sky, not the goddess).

So basically McNeill looked up "Satan" in a thesaurus and used what he found.

I am actually, yes. You could say I am biased as I don't particularly like any of the traitor legions besides the Luna Wolves.

I've been wondering too user, been wanting to try it to the custodes helmets. I would assume using a diamond/needle file would probably work, I'll test it later although I bet a vice would be helpful for keeping it still

>Luna Wolves
>Traitors

Oh boy, he really doesn't know anything

I want John French and Graham to be forced to work together on the Iron Cage book.

Sssh user. The Luna Wolves all died on Istvaan.

Yea and now it's the DGfags who shit up the threads

>he thinks Horus' legion weren't traitors during the HORUS heresy
Newfags gonna new I guess.

>wahh wahh, no one ever posts models they just meme
>user actually post their DG
>wahh wahh, DG anons shit up the thread
Seriously?

nice try DGfag

go back to B&C

Shaitan is Hebrew, to clarify. But the Satan is ha-Shaitan. He's Iblis in Qu'ran.

Sons of Horus is their bitch name, I refuse to use it. But the others, petulant, jealous, petty and egotistical, even when tragic like Magnus. I just can't get behind them.

I do like sone of their captaons and support staff, but, if I can't back your Primarch then I can't rightfully play their legion, is my feelings on it.

I'd base Luther on Kor Phaeron's profile, given he's pretty similar in being an upgraded human but not a full astartes. Given Luther's probably a more skilled fighter than Kor Phaeron, but maybe doesn't have such a good life support system built into his armour, I'd probably go with:
>WS5 BS4 S4 T3 W3 I3 A3 Ld10

Posted yesterday that I will be playing for 30kchannel on Youtube in a couple of weeks and I absolutely need feedback on my army list after watching the last couple of games where people get tabled.

Ironwing : 3500 points

>HQ
Preator + Command Squad in tartaros terminator armor. Preator hs a paragon blade and iron halo, the CS has a couple of power fist and a chain fist. They'll be riding in a Land Raider Phobos

Damocles Command Rhino

>Elites
Two identical Mortis Dreadnoughts with twin-linked lascannons and two hunter-killer missiles each.

>Troops
Four identical Tactical Squads with melta bombs on the dergeants and riding in Rhino's with havoc launchers.

>Heavy Support
Two Predator Tanks both with executioner plasma destroyers, side mounted heavy bolters and machine spirits.

Three Vindicator Siege Tanks with laser destroyer arrays and have machine spirit.

Two Leviathan Dreadnoughts with volkite nips, phosphex dischargers and storm cannons.

>LoW
Typhon

There's 55 points left over and I'm considering armoured ceramite on my Land Raider and Leviathans, I usually play Ironwing very aggressively, thankfully my LoW was given permission to count as a tank towards the 50% of the list being of the tank Type.

The plan is for the Mortis Boxnoughts to hang back in case of flyers for intercept, if there are none lascannons for big targets and hunter-killers to pop Rhinos. Troops get dropped off as fast in the mid field as I can get them so I can start using the Rhino's light artillery on troops. Land Raider is to contest any deathstar that runs down my throat but I tend to avoid them all together and try to kill them from afar. Vindicators are good at killing AV 14 transports followed up by storm cannons and plasma preds mopping up whatever crawls out.

Did I cover all my bases well enough? I aimed for a lot of redundancy and want to provide a good game for everyone who watches 30kchannel battle reports.

>if I can't back your Primarch then I can't rightfully play their legion
Are you roleplaying them or something?

Drop one squad and run 3-4 Pallas Grav Tanks to keep up the Custode armor theme while also giving yourself tank hunting ability.

Also give the Caladius tanks the TL-Arachnus Blaze Cannons.

Heh, last thread I advised him to drop the pallas grav tanks he had in the list for more caladiuses. Poor user can't win.

Kor Phaeron was literally a grandpa when he the Emperor came to Colchis, while Luther was in his 50-60's at most (conjecture assuming he found the Lion at about 25-30 and we know Russ was found in 826.M30, while Perturabo in 840, and the Lion was found before Perturabo) but still physically fit due to being a knight of the Order.

See I think he should keep the tanks for that armored goodness, but dropping one Aquisitor and squad for more fast AF anti-tank will help.

You're on the right track.

I really wish Custode HQ's could take Jetbikes, but I truly understand how broken that would be. Oh well.

Sometimes you just wanna go fast.

HQ: Legio Custodes Tribune w/ Praesidium Shield, Cyber-Familiar, Digital Lasers, and Paragon Spear 270pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Guardian Squad of 4 210pt

Transport: Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Guardian Squad of 4 210pt

Transport: Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Agamatus Jetbike Squad of 6 w/ 2 Corvae Las-Pulsars 500pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Agamatus Jetbike Squad of 6 w/ 2 Corvae Las-Pulsars 500pt

Total = 2500 points

My feeling was the acquisitors provide enough mid-strength shooting to the list already (2 krak missiles and 4 TL autocannon shots per acquisitor will deal with light to medium armour very nicely) so the pallas tanks wouldn't add much. But hey, more opinions for user is all good.

No, I simply do not want a $100 model of some fuckhead I don't actually like. Do you play things you dislike, user?

>Doesn't acknowledge that those who stayed loyal in the XVI despite the odds took up the mantle of Luna Wolves once more instead of being the sons of shits
>Can't admit that his favorite loyalist didn't have any traitors ever
>Can't admit that not a single Luna Wolf ever turned traitor
>Can't back their primarch
So you don't want best space dad?

DG unite

>>not a single [loyalist son of horus] ever turned traitor
Well gee whizz user, not a single Loyalist of any legion turned traitor.
Other than Lucius.

Doesn't Lucius sort of betray everyone though?

>bump

Lucius was never loyal, only to Fulgrim and himself.

Anyone got the audiobook for this?

In a vacuum? The engines wouldn't work properly.

Congrats on getting on that channel, big fan. How well do mortis dreads do against flyers? I haven't seen them in 30k yet.

You guys are awesome!
It's actually a tough call now, but I think I'm gonna stick with three caladius, the Aquisitors have really good dakka potential and the caladius is probably the single most versatile tank in the game bar none and will reliably remove anything this sisters struggle with

but thank you as well pallas user!

Would be easier to critique your army if you listed the points of your units. Press look a bit pricey for what a sicarian can do.

Nice try, but best space dad doesn't have a model yet.

What about Iron Warriors and Death Guard fanboys then?

Works for me, just make sure you switch to the Arachnus Blaze Cannons on the Caladius. It will make them a whole lot better at anti armor.

You are, of course, referring to the Emperor.

But user, Horus already has a model

Yes, of course.

But that's before he gets his chaos on, when he still looked handsome. He'll need another model for his new "angry goblin" look.

You mean Abaddon, right? :^)

>yfw it was actually vegetabilized Horus they rescued and took back to the Golden Throne after the Emperor used biomancy to alter his appearance

>yfw the Emperor died that day so he could ascend to godhood and leave his maimed favorite son behind on earth to be martyred on His behalf

no matter what they do to him, abaddon will always look retarded

DG reporting in.

I'm bored so I'm trying some fancier shit on one of my Termies. I painted his flamer tank with a green metallic paint, like its a chemical sprayer rather than a flamer, then I used blue wash on the nozzle to make it seem like a chemical stain rather than soot. I added some small flecks of that GW mud stuff on his face ( I'm fixing his fucked up eyes later). Then I did a kind of chemical poisoned no mans land base. nurgle rot basecoat, that GW mud stuff but rubbed away in spots, then gloss varnish.

>yfw this is still all Magnus' fault

Dumb red bastard

>putting a chainfist on your heavy weapon termie
QuestionableMotive.jpg

I still think the chest backpack looks silly. Like, it's not exactly an obscure part, everybody that plays 30k will recognise it as a backpack.

It works, but you have access to Vultarax, which have less instant kill dakka unless you bring many, but are waaaaay more resilient and the only issue about them not killing a Spartan turn one is that they kill it in turn two.
They can't explode, they have a 3+ against Autocannons, they can shoot all around them and are useful against both vehicles and hordes.
Also, they can start on the tabletop as gliding FMCs.
Just saying.

Since their has been some talk of the 16th in this thread, I was wondering if any of you are aware/know a couple of things in regards to what would have been assigned to their legion

What militia/solar auxiliary groups did they have?
What were the mechanicum forces/Titan legion(s) were assigned?
Unique allies?

Should we do this this for every legion?

M8, I think your list is illegal because you have less tank than non-tank units. Praetor, Command Squad, 2 Mortis Dreads and a Leviathan Talon give 5 as opposed to 4 units with Tank type.

>IWs can only shit up the thread
What has shat up the thread was plastic autism. How are the IWs the source of it?
>Like three DG anons post their minis
>Thread status: Shit
Literally HOW.
Maybe I'm not understanding what shitting a thread actually is. What would a quality thread contain? Of course I have my own opinion, but I want to hear an unbiased one.
>John French
>On anything
Delet.
I guess they would like to return to AL geometric memery class?
>What about Iron Warriors and Death Guard fanboys then?
Master race. Need a few WEs so we can truly be the meatgrinder bois.
Unite in sadness :(

Daily Reminder:

Post any completed writefaggotry you guys have, it'd be cool to get an archive of /hhg/'s own literature.

pastebin.com/nH4JetCY

Command squad has a dedicated transport which cancels the squad out. Non tanks are the predator, 2 boxnaughts, and leviathan talon against the command rhino, pred/vindicator squads and typhoon. The requirements are met.

Is it bad I really love Titans with shit tons of D weaponry? Like in the Heresy we have the pinnacle of some tech just blasting the shit out of each other. I just want to see Turbo Lasers fucking everywhere.

I'm planing on buying a pair of Warhounds with three twin Turbo Lasers and a Plasma Blastgun or a Reaver with two Laser Blasters and a twin Turbo Laser because I think that equipment is just so fucking cool.

Since Custodes bikes look like ass, I'm looking into possible replacements.
Sammael's bike is an obvious choice, but I'm kinda worried it'll be too small. Normal marines already look fairly chunky on it.
Opinions?

>being so shit at your job you have to turn every conflict into a dragged out killing box

They have the Imperial Army for that. Why can't you boys be less fuck ups, like Horus, Sanguinius or Roboute?

Are the small aquilas in the FW etched brass set small enough to mount across a Cadian chest?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Etched-Brass-Small-Imperial-Eagles

>Horus, Sanguinius or Roboute?

One of these is not like the others.
Why do people pretend Sangunius was among the greats? He specalised in smashing shit with angry space marines, more akin to an Angron than a Guilliman or a Horus.

I'm trying to figure out a name for my Blackshield warband that would be as cool as Dark Brotherhood or Third Covenant and thematically similar somehow. You know how difficult stuff like this is. I've come up with a few but nothing that immediately jumps to me as particularly good:

The Unbroken
Circle of (insert random name here)
The Sundered Path
Oathbound

Any ideas? I'm thinking of using Orphans of War or Outlanders for them.

How about just going with "The Circle" ?

DG, NL or WB lads

>DG
We have enough of them.

>WB
Worst legion.

Ave Dominus Nox, brother.

You know the choice, brother.

> The Nine

not bad actually

Anyone know can I get a torrent/video of Path of Heaven audiobook?

The Haunted Indomitable Coven Crew

Do it for Lorgar, brother

The Gay Niggers From Planet Space

Honestly if Custode HQ's can ever take Jetbikes in using Sammael's as the base bike for it.

It's different enough that it looks amazing. Also will use finecast because the original metal one is a fucking brick.

audiobookbay

Speaking of pic related >52606146,
how would you convert some marines to make a unit of those guys? (Kor Phaeron's personal guard if I am not mistaken)

Woops, I meant

>>being so shit at your job you have to turn every conflict into a dragged out killing box
Remember that time where the Space Wolves, the Empra's Ekssecushioners, along with the WS couldn't kill some orks, so they had to call the IW.
Or the time Horus asked Corax to do the same job the IWs were routinarily doing and he complied and almost all the terrans died?
Or the time when nobody in the UM knew how to fortify, despite sieges being one of the romans' strenght, so they had to hire an IW?
Or the time the AL thought they could backstab Vhalen so he bisected their ship by ramming it, and exploded the thing so thoroughly Horus was forced to garrison his own marines and reprimanded Alpharius?
The IWs are sent to do the jobs the others can't do.

DG

The Unbroken Circle of the Sundered Oath

What were the colors of loyalty/service directly to the Emperorh black, gold, or bare ceramite/steel?

The Sundered Circle

Black means direct service to the throne. That's why the Emperor's Champion and Chaplains wear black.
It's different to the golden of the Emperor's Talons, or the Bare ceramiteTM for Malcador's agents.

So Silver was for Malcador's servants? What is the reason for the gold/black split?

>Bare ceramiteTM for Malcador's agents
wait, is that why grey knights have bare armor? fuck I feel dumb for not knowing that

Grey Knights have silver armour to show their purity.

It means their duty is to the Throne first, and to their legions second. Picture Nemiel reminding the Lion he's still a subject of the Emperor.
It's bare ceramite, user :^)
Malcador's boys are black ops...but since soooooo many legions already wear black, they wear unpainted armour instead.

>more wash on white primer models

Then why don't Custodes wear black?