CYOA

We're all CYOAs now

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey, something that's always bugged me.

Why don't the Twin Fang fighters count for the Ace contract?

>Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

would be free money

I thought you said you were gonna stop? Something about not feeling appreciated?
I always feel bad with CYOAs that have mystery boxes. I picked the brown one and now I feel like cheating if I pick anything else...

>I thought you said you were gonna stop? Something about not feeling appreciated?
I don't recall ever saying anything of the sort.

Understandable, but since SDA's so big on lore and storytelling, I was hoping for a more logical and less meta-balance reason.

Also, and again from a lore standpoint, why doesn't the Federation have a Dreadnought?

>collective sigh of disappointment

Pink box.
Perfect. Karin.

they watched star wars and ww2 chronicles so they know dumping money in deathstar projects isn't the smartest strategy

Also yes, I wish to stay the same age, and no, I don't want to feel the same way towards the father. The fewer bonds I have with other people the better.

>tfw a cyoa doesn't have weredragons

You gonna make it? Id' fucking L O V E that!

Fair enough.

Only the shittiest of CYOAs for starting the shittiest of threads

Darn. Worth a shot ey?

How are you supposed to play these?

Pick a wife on the right, but remember you'll have to meet and deal with her father on the left.

What do I do after I pick a wife?

Like those "would you rather" things, except with more things to choose from, basically.

was joking, dhyana should be a federration ship

Pick an husbando on the left, but remember you'll have to meet and find a way to dump his daughter on the right in a russian boarding school.

Try not to cry, and then cry anyway.

Slowly but surely fall out of love with each other but realize you're both trapped.

It's a dreadnought, not a fucking death star

Necromancer when?

>tfw no one plays would you rather in person unless it's truth or dare

Unfortunately, it's just because of balancing issues. Taking Twin Fangs would basically just mean you get T4 of Ace for free.

This

Tell me about your WIP.

That's fair. The further I get into making the MGSI, the more I realize that a few logical leaps will have to be made for balances sake.

>Dhyana should be a Federation ship
Oh, okay. Still not taking it, because holy fuck that's expensive, but I'm limiting myself to only Federation ships because story, and wondered why I didn't have the option of a dreadnought.

this what

What more should I add to a waifu cyoa so it's more than a waifu cyoa?

delete it
waifu cyoas are shit

The waifus are actually your debtors

I'd say a CYOA is a waifu CYOA when the waifus are its main focus, so I suppose you'd need to figure out something else to focus one so the waifus can be secondary (at most).

It's not really a CYOA if you don't include an adventure, user. Give me some story options and world building like hero's journey.

Dogs in outer space.

don't add magical items

add locations, events or special modifiers (general or waifu specific)

add one mystery box, extremely complicated option that says "your waifu is now its male equivalent you flaming homosexual" and one slime girl to please the autists

- Is months away from being finished
- Will no doubt be forgotten two thread s after being posted
but ^ seems to be what happens nowadays with call cyoa. but hey, its fun to work on cyaos again.

fuck off its a secret until I release or delete it

Writing completely done, 3/4th of the images found, editing would be a nightmare, don't have a ton of free time until end of exams mid-May. I'l probably end up abandoning it when I look at it again then and realize it was stupid to begin with.

Re-asking since the thread seems more active now than when it was first asked.

What do you guys think of CYOAs that include elements that give you points of some variety, and then at the end show you a sliding scale of your outcome based on the points you accrued? For example: Do you think it limits replayability? Stifles build variety? Or does it encourage you to be more creative, taking options you might not otherwise have considered to make a new build that gets new endings?

>Mystery box
user why? I can understand if you want a gay option, but why would you want it as a mystery?

They're shit.

>What do you guys think of CYOAs that include elements that give you points of some variety, and then at the end show you a sliding scale of your outcome based on the points you accrued?
Hate it. CYOAs should be stepping boards for the imagination, not say "haha you lose". It's also why LiminalPhrenic aka. "even if you choose not to play you still get assraped for eternity" is shit.
>Do you think it limits replayability?
Yes. Same thing with every CYOA that uses a mystery box-esque setup.
>Stifles build variety?
Yes. You want the ending that doesn't assrape you meaning you must pick certain options
>Or does it encourage you to be more creative,
No. See last point. You force me to make certain choices = I don't choose

tl;dr is shit

I'm not a huge fan of random elements, and without them people can build towards things, , but I like the idea in theory.

Bad, just like that CYOA is.

Dhyana is the Fed dreadnought.

Ideally you would need a really, really good reason to own a dreadnought. There's probably less than a hundred in existence and that's still a generous amount in my opinion, given the size of the setting.

If you were to ask for me opinion, flesh out the setting more and do more world building. Lots of waifu CYOAs have an extreme lack of this.

There will never be any progress because I never have any extended amount of time off to myself.

I have a few ideas but I don't want to put in the effort because I'm shittypaintanon.

>flesh out the setting more and do more world building.
Elaborato

I would probably consider making a build in which I absconded with someone's dreadnought if weapons/armor still scaled in power with ship size. But since a dreadnought's guns aren't any stronger than a fighter's, I see absolutely no reason to spend that much on a hull.

i wouldnt, thats why i insult people who want them

I think it's great if done properly and that cyoa has it on acceptable level. My first build had little choices because I didn't open the mystery page before doing it so I had no incentive to take more things up my butt. Making the next few builds was much more engaging (fun) so I guess it encouraged some replayablity. Had mixed feelings about rolling my fate but I guess I prefer that over being encouraged to min max my choices.

This method can also function as a nice "stat check" for retards who don't use common sense in their builds e.g. they expect savage orcs to be obedients fucktoys just because they bought them on a slave market and put a leather collar on their necks.

I ignored that shitty cyoa's mystery box. I'm not letting that faggot decide what happens next.

Why is the manufacturer Triglav Innovations then?

compare pick a goddess and vampire king cyoas. Pick a goddess was very long yet so shallow I couldn't make myself finish reading it.

The same reason why the US military uses missiles from Lockheed Martin

Noted.

I definitely wouldn't include any sort of rolling mechanic; you're either capable of pulling it off based on the choices you made, or you're not.

I should also point out that, to the extent that I'm considering including it in MGSI, it's entirely optional, relating only to your attempt to actually be the "Hero" for either side, so if you just plan on living in the world as it is, you wouldn't need to bother with it. I just need some way of measuring whether or not the more adventurous types made the right picks to do the really over-the-top things.

gay

And what is that reason?

I didn't read Vampire King. I got bored. Can you write why Vampire King is better than Goddess cyoa?

Defense contractors.

I don't think it really matters to this discussion, the point is that it's not unheard of for militaries to use civilian created weapons. If you really want to know the minutia I'm sure you can find it in papers about the economics of war.

Pretty much this Lots of waifu CYOAs don't have much of an establishment. You just get to pick a waifu with a brief description and live with some boons and banes, but there's usually no context. Oftentimes it's just "you're you in the modern world," and that doesn't encompass the fact that some people can't live in the real world with a huge titty monster who's yandere and ultimately reliant on you for living conditions.

Ranting aside, if you really wanna make something interesting, focus on the whole CYOA as opposed to having a waifu with a specific fetish to appeal to that one user who begged you for the option in the thread.

Fighters can't equip Tachyons or larger, have maximum shield ratings, over 25 armour, house a decent amount of drones, sustain a prolonged siege and have much of a political impact either.

Triglav is a Fed military-sponsored r&d and manufacturing company, ala Though, Triglav originally had origins in civilian startups. Now they're pretty much the spearheading r&d company for the Fed military.

Still, a zerg rush of fighters, while not as visually impressive as a dreadnought might be, could accomplish the same military objectives with a lower cost. I see why a government would have a couple dreadnoughts mixed in with its military, but they seem prohibitively expensive for the player.

>(You)
>Pretty much this
Ya didn't answer my question only made me ask again

I'm hoping it's dumb fun and doesn't cause a shitstorm

They aren't effective on their own at all, of course. Cost-value doesn't favour them very much, but in an armada, they can do plenty.

Dreadnoughts are in the CYOA for the players as more of a political reason than anything else. As I've said before, you need a really, really good reason to own one.

AAaaaan a didn't read ya whole post!

I just wanna write some slutty girls because that shit hot. Turning people on with my writing is incredible and I want to do that.
But I wanna have a little more than the waifus you know?

I might take that up as a challenge at some point; right now, I'm having enough trouble justifying this carrier and battleship that I'm working up.

Anyone have any word on progress on this? One of the more imaginative ones I've seen in a while.

If you can't read a whole post I really doubt you have the capability to make anything more than waifu shit

>Yan Paul Sartre

>Turn myself into a yandere
>Turn this into a CYOA and not a RYOA

That "all yanderes are murderous" is a serious red flag that the author only knows of one kind but I will perservere!

>Age: Younger
It would make sense to be the same, sure, but I would like to experience Young Love, and as a cute female yandere. I understand why I'm fascinated with the First Love stereotype: It's pure, you have no one to compare with. You are each other's first everything. And he doesn't realize that my yan-love isn't """"normal""""
Also I totally want to experience being a pretty teenage girl. Call me an attention whore I don't mind.

>Skin: Light
>Eyes: Light brown
>Hair: Dark brown
Light brown eyes + dark brown eyes is just very attractive to me.

>Breasts: Average
Average is best. The breast size is the one where they fit fit comfortable in his hands.
>Ass: Aw shit
Ass and hips must be wide. Ass is love, ass is life.

>Background: Rich
Lets go with that one. I would love to be a rich pampered girl. It's also better than some of the other ones.
>Personality: Proper and courteous
Most of these are not fun, but this one is at least a little. Will be fun to pretend to be the "good daughter" in public and private, but be, well... not so good behind closed doors...
Lets hope my walls are sound-proof
>Intelligence/Athletics: Average intellect, very athletic
I don't want to undermine my future sempai by being impossibly smart. Being ahtletic is a must: You have to earn that ass, not be granted it with genetics!

>Interests: Art
Don't want eidetic memory.
>Height: A head shorter
The girl should be shorter, that's common knowledge
>Weight: Average
Average weight with that ass and dem hips? Yes please!
>Distinct feature: Magical
>Magical: Reality bender

This cyoa has a serious lack of clingyness and stalker/obsessiveness. It's my favorite part of beign yan.

nobody stops you from doing that but don't expect people to save your cyoa or even remember its name if you limit yourself to writing down some popular archetypes and adding an option to customize your waifu's breasts size

12 pages in and I'm losing interest. Over 50 Waifus and husbandos were a mistake.

Insanity: Adores looking at you way too much
Don't worry, I won't let it come to puttin you in a glass box.
Also with small parts of Relgiiosu, Fate, self-hatred because otherwise it wouldnt' really be me... and the husbando option, and the trust issues one but we can fix that one. Together.
>Tells: Hyperventilation + Biting her thumb. Also a small part of "coming on to you hard" because that's hot, and "takes photograph" because light stalker
>Weapons: Poisons
I'd rather drugs, but they aren't available

Really I rather not a weapon. I'm more of the self-hating kind of yandere: The kind that knows she isn't good enough nand doens't devserve her sempai. Hving a weapon, and even worse using it, goes totally agains't my natre

It ain't gonna be finished in years dawg. It's by outerworlds user. I'm pretty sure he said he dropped it because he couldn't get it to be how he wanted it to be?

This looks creepy, gonna read it in a bit.

My intention of the recent update was to make battleships and carriers more viable. They're still very expensive to manage but at least it's a little more manageable than before.

>I just wanna write some slutty girls because that shit hot.
...Pretty much what said.

>Over 50 Waifus and husbandos were a mistake.
How did this happen?

I think part of my problem (from the finance perspective) is that I went with fighters instead of drones. I think it's a stronger play, but it's more expensive.

Good taste. These threads should've been renamed to CYOW a long time ago.

>complaining about waifu cyoas

yeah "be omnipotent hero" """""adventures""""" are so much better

I have all my pages finishes, except for image collection.

I have finished the image collection for the first page, but have not collected and installed the images for the second or third ones. Once I am done with that step, though, I will be done and ready to clean it all up and post.

I'm glad to be almost done so I can move on to a smaller project, like an in-depth yuri CYOA. I think I'll do that one next after I'm done with this GTS cyoa I'm working on right now.

Will be finished this weekend.

>an in-depth yuri CYOA

I would kill for you

>like an in-depth yuri CYOA

You are the greatest CYOA author of them all.

I don't know if it wasn't there before, or I just now noticed it, but now that there's an actual power armor in the CYOA (the OG Mobile suit), do we actually get that for completing "Asunder, Sweet", or is that still just a flavor thing?

Well, since I remember loving this guy's cyoas (even if I'm not into waifus and his three were about that. I'm even less into harems but it was still a unique one), I'll read it again and cheat seeing as I know what the boxes are.

>pink box
Because obviously I'm into THAT. Why would I ever want to get a girlfriend when I can BE the girlffriend?
>Nana
Mostly because I'm an awful person and my personality has to be fixed before I could ever be considered even close to being near to waifu-tier. That last "downside" is a perfect upside for me.
Yukarioko would be fun to have as a dad/mom but meh. Tachi wouldn't be fun to be I already am a boy...

Sayaka has nice boobs but a waifu is more than her boobs.

God dammit I missed most of the Stardust talk. Alright question time SDA.

SDA would you say a single destroyer build focusing on discovering Herald artifacts while taking the odd job or two be fine? Or would say that is something that you would want more or bigger ships for.

Do shields, weapons, and armor scale with ship class and if so how much?

Have you thought about giving difficulty ratings for titles

What's maintenance for ships like? Are bringing in your ship to port every few months high for cost maintenance?

And I'm sitting here trying to work out a thematic Dhyana build, with the Prisoner title(and Demigod), and the idea being that some fragment of the Luos Syndicate stole the thing, and me(Fed spec ops), with the help of the Talons. This fragment likely being some part of their former military intelligence group or something because they knew where the thing was, and knew about Hailey, and Comet. They keep me around because I've got Mind Link and they kind of lack people that can pilot/captain a Dreadnought. It's kind of fun trying to figure out how to set up a Fed ship that may have had a pirate overall done on it. Like I can't decide if it should have Sophocles, which I think would be the appropriate AI for the Feds to have on the ship or for the Luos Syndicate to have replaced it with Lai'na. I'm also trying to decide if I should have a full load of weapons or if it should be a little low with some having either been destroyed or being replaced to fit more in more with what I would think a Luos ship would have. It's fun to figure out this build but I don't think I'll be done with it any time soon.