>imma look if nearby western europe has any games going
>pic related, closes game is 200 km away

I JUST WANT TO PLAY A GAME
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/9KEZE3C
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wroclaw?

I was born in the USSR and we played AD&D just fine, using shitty carbon copies of shittier translations.

Can't you just LARP, using the refugee swarms on your borders as opfor barbarians/orcs?

>Born just in time to squat in a tracksuit

I don't know what the issue is.

>born into eastern bloc 1991
>misses D&D
groan. you didn't really miss out on anything. the thing i am most fond of instead is the emergence of cyberpunk RPGs. that was quite thrilling.

Underage and ban--

Wait... that means you're like like 25 now? Shit. How is that even possible? I was breaking bones at metal concerts before you were even born.

You break only your bones now, gramps

Have you tried going to book stores and comic shops? Those sometimes have traditional games going on. If they aren't playing that moment, it wouldn't hurt to talk to someone who works there and see if anyone does.

There is the obvious question of whether there's a gaming store in your area. Those generally either have people playing in them, or at least people who know of some games happening locally.

If all else fails, you can gather some friends together and try to run a game yourself.

'97 here. Gimme some life advice so that I don't fuck it up.

>miss out on glory days of Warhammer Fantasy and other popular games among the "old guard" not that many of them are not shit themselves, but at least the gaming philosophy behind them is way better than one behind D&D
>But just in time to get caught into a web of shill machine of WotC during their D&D 3.0 blitzkrieg
>Waste your youth gaming time on this shite like most of my generation of gamers
>Only discover decent games and decent ways of playing RPGs than "kill shit in the dungeons" much, much later

I guess you were spared the worst case scenario, OP.

Still, there's plenty of games to be played around, you just looking. I live in 600k city and there is like 700-800 people facebook group for LFG. If you aren't very picky getting into a game is easy.
And there's always Roll20 if you can't find a live game

>You break only your bones now, gramps
Oh, they were always my bones that were breaking. I've never been a big enough badass to break anybody else's bones.

>'97 here. Gimme some life advice so that I don't fuck it up.
The older you get, the harder it gets to make more than casual acquaintances. Don't let laziness or indifference separate you from any friends may have made. People do change, and sometimes differences become irreconcilable, and you can't stress out too much about that (and you can't give somebody who's turned into an asshole endless second chances), but when possible, try to go the extra mile and keep in touch with people.

I mean I'd help but that's a pretty large area. Come hang out in Črna Luknja sometimes if you're close

Thank you.

'73 here.
-Don't knock a girl up.
-If a girl verifiably falls in love with you, stick with her even if she's fat and ugly. Plastic surgery exists for a reason. Not if her voice annoys you, though.
-Be fluid in your friendships. Be as nice to everyone as you can. Walk away when people force you to take sides or try to take advantage of you.
-Bankruptcy works when you don't have a house or a fine car.
-Avoid addictive things and addicted people.
-Only discuss politics if the other person mentions it first. Agree with them for instant friendship. Religion is trickier to fake, the stricter the religion the harder it is to fake.
-Unless you're in the top 1% of schooling, businesses don't care what you know, they just want a smiling flunky to do the work they don't enjoy.
-Some people carry too much mental burden to benefit from information, you cannot help them with advice.
-Don't sweat a grand destiny or divine purpose, or you'll burn out. Be content to slowly develop yourself, like plants and animals do.
-You are not one thing. You are not one job. You are not one role.
-Try to connect with God. If it succeeds, you'll feel better. If it fails, you'll have no compunctions about life.
-When you buy a game, you're just buying someone else's rules.

>Being this butthurt about being saved from playing ADD
It's like you some special kind of nostalgia faggot.

Also, if you were born in '91, then you had entire early and mid 00's, aka the last time the hobby was revelant in post-commie nations.

>-Try to connect with God. If it succeeds, you'll feel better. If it fails, you'll have no compunctions about life.
Oh screw this, why didn't you put in first as opposed to next to last? I would've instantly ignored the rest.

You missed shitty translations and that's it. I read a polish Elric book that had his name as Edek.

You should be glad that you've never read about Bulbo Torbins...

This is for preventing future moments of self doubt. Even if you think it is crap, the more rigorously you prosecute this now, the more solid you will be later in life when people try make you doubt your convictions. You'll know that you gave it the best try you could, which negates any "proof" anyone could present to you to sway you.

Also, life gets easier, but less meaningful.* Go on adventures. Do things you'll remember. Suffer if you have to, but embrace the highs of your life, because you'll carry those with you for the rest of your life.

*Barring dramatic life changes, anyway. I can't say what it's like to have kids, for instance. But you kind of get used to life, and nothing is as special anymore when you're old, because you've been there and done that before (or at least something like it).

Oh, and walk. You don't need to kill yourself exercising (I wrecked my knees running), but if you take a few nice, long walks (a half hour at the very least) a week, it'll definitely make a difference in your life, especially as your body becomes less resilient with age. I also get some of my best thinking done when I'm on a walk.

>-Some people carry too much mental burden to benefit from information, you cannot help them with advice.
I would expand on this and say that people have to make their own mistakes. You can give people advice, but most of the time, they will pay you little heed, and you have to be able to accept that. Don't wash your hands of what you see as their stupidity, just acknowledge your limited role in their decision-making and be available to provide emotional support, or more advice that they will probably ultimately ignore.

Hey man I run a living game here on Discord

discord.gg/9KEZE3C

>Do things you'll remember. Suffer if you have to, but embrace the highs of your life, because you'll carry those with you for the rest of your life.
But, I should add, don't wreck your life by completely ignoring the "adult", responsible shit you know you should be doing to build yourself a better future. Life is all about balance. Don't stress out too much, because in a few years, you probably won't even remember most of the shit that's worrying you now, but don't use this as an excuse to completely slack off. Do the shit you need to, but don't kill yourself trying to do everything, or trying to get it all perfect. Just do the best you can and be at peace. The best you can is good enough.

Picture this: next year, a kid born in the year 2000 will not be underage and will technically be able to post here.

>tfw despite being 19 the people that share my hobby of historical wargaming are old enough to be my dad

That just breaks me.

Adventurer's League is shit. It's like going to a store that sells good food, but the only thing you can buy and eat there is a shitty mystery-meat on a bun sandwich. You're miles better off if you get something pre-packaged and take it home to enjoy with friends, and the experience is at its best (though perhaps less without knowledge and practice, in that case get premade) when you and your friends pick out the ingredients and cook yourself.

So don't feel bad about not being able to play neutered pub D&D, the living campaign thing is bollocks anyways. Get some good friends and bring your own world that you can actually bring to life yourself.

That's exactly why.

>which negates any "proof" anyone could present to you to sway you.
as seen in
>-Some people carry too much mental burden to benefit from information, you cannot help them with advice.

>born in Balkans 1981
>get caught in MtG and D&D
>never cared for living campains or playing at cons
>have a close group of best friends to play with
>eventually burn all my MtG cards
>eventually realize D&D is complete shit of a system and that me and guys disaggree on type of games we want to play
>part ways politely, still best buds
>only play dice-lite homebrew with my wife while at beach or fishing
>lifeisgood.rar