Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/els

Suffer not the grognard to live
>previous thread
>Daily Duncan
youtu.be/Ds1lcT2Wn3E[Embed]

>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q Black library mega

Suffer no one, blood for the blood god.

>Putting together some Pathfinders for Shadow War
>Pulse pistols don't fit into any of the hands and are designed to be holstered
I just know I'm going to hate converting this mess.

>tfw you'll never have a qt3,14 warrior girlfriend whose feet you rub after she has gone through a hard day of purging heretics and/or xenos
WHY EVEN FUCKING LIVE

Just get a Veeky Forums gf

>implying Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums mix

Seriously? I didn't have any problem giving my dude a pistol in my pathfinder team.

Would anyone call foul on me for making half of my bigger nid bugs out of left over crab shells?

that shit decays and fucking smells

How many warp charges is considered a lot? Is 15 enough in a 1500 point game?

Yeah should be; you can gt 20 easy in 1850

Nids should be smelly. Also boil the meat out first.

Excellent, thank you

Thoughts?

>tfw you love Ahriman and Thousand Sons in light blue robes but all the paint guides give them red robes

Today was the Inner Circle Warlord brawl at GW here. We had our participants here, and would later be joined by Commisar Yarrick and a Death Company Chaplain. Sammael would be the victor with 6 kills total, followed by the Thousand Son Exalted Sorcerer with 5, then me with the blue captain at 4, though Cawl would have tied me in third place if he hadn't left early.

I like it. Dirt stains on the lower parts of the cloak would really stand out well against the more pristine white of the rest of it.

What's a good load-out for a 5-man skitarii vanguard unit?

I'm thinking just five basic guys with carbines would be OK, but it's tempting to load them up with gear too. Could go vehicle-hunting with arc rifles, arc pistol and arc maul or more general-purpose with phosphor pistol, taser goad and one or two plasma calivers.

After wards I was in a 2v2 Dark Angels and Iron Hands vs Tyranids and Imperial Guard 2k battle. It was called at turn 3 because one of the players needed to go.
We were smashing each other pretty equally but turn one I was alone on the table and took 15 space marines worth of casualties which totaled to well over a quarter of my army.
A plasma devastator squad led by a librarian was totally wiped out by a barebones psychic shriek, except for the librarian
The vanguards got eaten by a dakkafex before they could hurt it
And my rhino not only didn't die for all three turns but was relevant and finished off a chimera with a ram

Interesting choice. I quite like it. Going to have to be careful with the armour though; it would be a bitch to paint over if you slop some black onto your cream. Maybe do the black bits first and then base-coat the cream areas in brown and work up?

Whats their band name again?

Gashr Slitz and KUNT

Is this the new >I2?

The Orgyn Orgy

"Go and Stay Go?"

>tfw only finding 30k Thousand sons painting tutorials.

Totally not the guy posting this every thread despite being MY Ogryns. Keep up the good work though!

>be Necron
>just defeated the last old one
>Eldar crying in the corner
>Orks are autistically smashing one of my fellow robo-skeltons
>I realize the C'Tan just used us and ate our souls like dicks
>mrw the C'Tan start to get BTFO by other C'Tan and we smash the remaining one into shards
>mrw we made the galaxy a lot more boring and went to have a nap until it was more fun

2 Thic 2 Furious

>Doesn't know how to seduce Veeky Forums girls as a fa/TG/uy
Look at this faggot

It's more of a bleached bone cloth color in case you couldn't tell
I don't really like the bright colors for the capes, makes them look a bit too much like action figures

Might have been, except he only had a couple, and Belisarius ate them for breakfast. Plus their sergeant is a psyker, so I shot at him with my sisters and rolled a 1 for perils so he ended up getting dragged into slaanesh's rape dungeon.

If Magnus is within 12 inches of sisters of silence, does he harness warp charges on 2+ or 6+? Sisters rules say 6+ but he has a rule that says 2+, which takes priority?

MGW I have been to the lgs and met very 'unique' women with varying levels of 'look at me and my snowflake trait...'

Honestly, I think I am going to be alone for awhile longer desu. At least until the prospects improve.

Why am I constantly quoting the wrong post..
Thanks! I'm likely going to go over with the black, highlight and then gloss varnish the armor. I would 100% spray and paint the cloaks and torsos separate cause they aren't one bit to begin with. Probably spray the torso grey and the cloak maybe white.

>"MY Ogryns"

You posted them on Veeky Forums, they're ours now.

First army and very new, is this terrible?
I have some other models that need painting that I could use, but i'm not sure if this is worth playing with or not, with the lack of range on a lot of these units

The terminator captain isn't useful, a terminator librarian or chaplain would be more useful for supporting the terminator squad

Working with what I have already, would it be worth swapping him for a stormhawk?

Sup /40kg/, what's new? Been out for some time. I heard about Shadow War (do we have the core rules yet?) but have there been any more rumors of 8th? Was pic related confirmed or disproved yet?

They teased a picture of the Manreaper, so it's confirmed, more or less.

Confirmed; we're getting Morty and already got Maggie and Bobby G

yeah

Khan's coming back to kick his ass right?

If I rocked up to a 1-source only local tournament with this, think people would get a kick out of playing it? I don't play to win at tournies anymore.

I hope Khan rides off into the sunset which is the end of the 7th edition and dies off screen

Give the drop pod SGT a combi-melta, stick to the drop-and-pop theme of the squad. You can also probs sub out 1-2 of your termie hammers with claws to get some I4 attacks and your other 3 shields can still eat AP2 fire.

If RG's story so far is anything to go by, more like coming back to get his ass kicked and only surviving because of some filthy xenos or other non-Imperial faction saving their bacon time and time again.

I hope you die alone and unloved

Guis, if I take a relic that blesses friendly units can I do so out of a dreadclaw?

I hope Scars get the cucking they deserve after the travesty that is hit and run and outflanking on bikes

git gud battlebrother

Has any race tried to genetically modify Orks to use for themselves?

Also have Orks ever gone to war for a reason other than the thrill of fighting, like out of pure rage?

Read moar

They're hardwired maniacs

Apologies, not every army is gifted /THE/ ITC codex.

>Needing a reason to go to war

>Has any race tried to genetically modify Orks to use for themselves?

Why would you need to do something so complicated when you could just give them gubbinz or teef to hire them as mercenaries?

I'm almost certain Dark Eldar or the Ordos Xenos would have tooled around with them at some point. Dark Eldar will make Wracks and shit out of anything that moves for their arenas, and the Ordos Xenos aren't smart enough to not fuck around with tyranids, so they've probably tried with Orks.

The most terrible part is the fact that you're letting 5 points go unused. C'mon, man! There's gotta be a relic or something to put in there!

How about a dozer blade on the razorback for 5 points, for example.

Yea, it's called "Hey Greenskin! Those Blue Gits with the holes in their faces said you couldn't beat them in a fistfight! You should go kill them"

eldar user here. why do I love this mon-kiegh contraption so much? and would I maybe be able to make a almost all dreadnought army?

There was an AI that took Orks and turned them into servitors and cloaked them in human skin in the Mechanicus trilogy.

It was viewed as being so utterly heretical on all levels that read the books nigga, they're actually pretty good

Because they look cool

>GUILLIMAN HAS BEEN TAINTED BY THE WARP DONT LET HIM NEAR THE EMPEROR REEEEEEE

What did Leandros mean by this?

bruh

alas its true (though our superior eldar wraith constructs are better). Id like to work on an almost all dread army imagine a space marine chapter wic was almost wiped out in some disaster. most of the marines wich survived needed to be unturned into dreads and only a very few marines are left. due to the large scale destruction the imperium cannot spare any new recruits and so the chapter is cut off and realize on its massive supply of dreads.

>I would 100% spray and paint the cloaks and torsos separate cause they aren't one bit to begin with.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they are. Or at least two bits which both have part of the robes and part of the armour.

>Khan's coming back to kick his ass right?
White scars are not one of the favoured chapters, so no. You get Russ, Jonson and maybe Dorn and Corax if you're lucky.

>Has any race tried to genetically modify Orks to use for themselves?

Tyranids have. Biovores are derived from orks and in the second edition background squigs were orks that got transformed by tyranids.

>Also have Orks ever gone to war for a reason other than the thrill of fighting, like out of pure rage?

The Beast Arises series implies that the war of the beast was because orks were butthurt about being smashed by the great crusade. I think there's also a bunch of stories where orks are trying to steal stuff.

I know I cannot write properly or spell but im a very autistic eldar

Been out of the game a long ass time but a friend decided to goad me back into it. Thinking of grabbing the skitarii box set and throwing it onto my old sisters army since they look so damn stylish and I have always been into Mechanicus.

Still looking through the newish edition but psychic phase looks really neat, is my army gonna be in a ton of trouble for having no mind bullets of their own?

You are correct. Damn. Oh well, It'll likely all be sprayed white then but I use very thin brushes so it shouldn't be a problem unless I'm careless.

>(though our superior eldar wraith constructs are better)
LIES
Also dreads are hard to come by and can't stay active for very long so a chapter of dreads wouldn't be doable unless you had a chapter of techmarines to upkeep them

I think there is a detatchment that lets you take Dreadnoughts as troops, or failing that, some formations.

They're a lot better now thanks to getting Chapter tactics and extra default attacks.

hmm maybe I could have alot of tech marines they could be an offshoot of the iron hands? they could salvage dreads I was almost thinking of making the chapter self sufficient making their own repairs from other chapter dreads left behind

nice ill have to look into it

After getting a leftover dread from a friend I managed to cobble a Red Hunters force from extra bits alone. Can I use such a chapter in Castellans or do they have to be Generic/BT? Adamantium Will shock troops and a 4+ Deny sponge in the Librarian sound pretty cool against Tyranids and such.

How far can abhumans diverge before they become heretical mutants?

Would monstergirls be haram, or would it just depend on the disposition of the Inquisitor that finds them first?

The forgeworld ones are just alternate chapter tactics aren't they?

Also oh god those gold lines need touch up. You dont see that shit from table height but its triggering me when I see it there.

non-human parts are mutations
beastpeople are definitely mutants

It's a matter of genetics. If their DNA is still clearly human, and whatever modifications exist upon it are consistent across generations.

Ogryns, if you looked at their DNA, would resemble human DNA in clear ways, but they've since adapted to far different environments. They aren't aliens, and they aren't mutants, because it's consistent, rather than just sprouting random tentacles.

So as long as that applied, you can get Felenid catgirls or whatever.

Read the rules.

There's a specific list of abhumans breeds that are sanctioned. Everything else is considered a mutant.

How you get on the sanctioned list isn't clear, but since there are only a handful on it, it must be pretty difficult. Probably requires some long-term investigation from multiple branches of the imperial bureaucracy.

>not thinning paints

since ive got my eldar, dark eldar and slaanesh and now my ynnari force im thinking the army of dreadnoughts would be rather small the chapter would be in ruin and only be 1000pts worth of as many dreads as possible

Assume genetic engineering vis a vis Dark Age archaeotech.

So as long as they breed true and they're routinely purged of witches, mutants, degenerates it's all good, gotcha.

Nah, knowing imperial bureaucracy they were probably all added to the list just after they came up with the idea of a list, then afterwards more rules and regulations got added on to the point its impossible now.

>Genetic engineering
They would probably ironically be purged just for that. Even though the emperor loved that shit.

are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that you want to have people making children with felenids

>Assume genetic engineering
considered sub-human and purged as mutants

dark age genetic modification was a monkey's paw, and the imperium ain't down with it

What?
>Thinning GW paints ever
Even a single drop of water in an entire pot just turns it to slurry that drips off of your model.

Where are you getting that? Obviously, the felenids should be having kids with felenids.

Is Mortarion going to be a part of one of those fucking triumvirate things? I don't want a bunch of model I don't want.

Also I know fuck all about Death Guard but I loathe Marines. The squatting out of proportion crap kills me. Could I feasibly run a list just with zombies, nurgle daemons and maybe one or two squads plague Marines?

maybe you shoudl read some fuckin rules and find out for yourself

You must be doing something wrong friend because my geedubs paints thin just fine.

clearly you're doing something terribly wrong

Magnus wasn't in a triumvirate. Yeah sure, just ally your daemons in and run lots of cultists, because zombies are basically cultists.

I can read the rules cunt. I need to know if it's viable you cocksucker.

think for yourself

HEEEEEEEEEEELLO

Cool, I really want to run nurgle because I feel like there are plenty of cheap third party zombie models and nurgle daemons can be whipped up out of pretty much any beast type model.

Gretchin Commissar comes to mind.