Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Matrix_Addiction__A_Growing_Problem.trid
>Call_Of_Duty_Amazonia.sim
>Defender.IC.program
>MATRIX_CRIME_ON_THE_RISE__GOD_REFUSES_INTERVIEW.news

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: ?? (??% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'The body may die, but the mind stays. BECOME FREE'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Fulfillment.BTL...

>Code Straight
>Conserve Parts
>And never, ever cut off a dragon in a racing sim

Matrix Edition
What connection does your character have to the Matrix?
Do they use it casually, a few mails, a few shitty sim-games, the works?
Are they a full matrix native, breathing code, dreaming code, being code?
Do they use it to escape the dreary real world?

>Playing a Decker
>Party Shaman is an old man with the Computer Illiterate quality
>Presume this is gonna make us enemies for most of the campaign
>Turned out to be like teaching your granddad how to use a computer but your gramps can shoot lightning from his fingers
>mfw he turned around and gave my decker a toothless grin after managing to send an email to his estranged daughter on his new commlink

>have a game with two deckers
>friendly rivalry between each other
>pranks too, like forwarding dirty e-mails and the SR equivalent of installing adware and browser add-ons on each other
>they compete over who gets to hack into systems first
>at a crucial moment they put it all aside and save the party from a premature death

Are full body cyborgs a thing in Shadowrun?

Take a guess why I'm asking. Also, do the GMs here do the 4 Limbs for attributes or the 5 Limbs for attributes?

They are but they're trash.

>Are full body cyborgs a thing in Shadowrun?
Yes, but they only exist as full limb replacements in 5e thus far.

4 limbs with torso to allow limb attributes for limits works best, imo.

Is there a step by step SOP for being a rigger? I just wanna jack into a robot for great power, but this book is shitty

Check the Rigging Rules Summary and Player Aid in the 5e Hayek Sheets folder.

I'll root around, I think I wrote out a conversion a while ago.

What are the chances of rolling 3d6 and getting three of a kind?

1 in 36 I would think, if you just want any three matching numbers., 1 in 216 for each given value.

Sorry, only found the parts on attributes and initiative. It's a pretty easy conversion over, though, from 4e rules. Inbuilt RCC instead of a commlink, some minor tweaks. The biggest issue is tactical movement speed. I can pastebin what I can decipher from my notes, if you want.

My 'mage' uses the matrix and AR to fake magic.

They have 0 combat ability.

Hey guys, GMing question here

What are some fullproof ways to get dick players on board for a mission?

Mine are the types of guys who spend months saying they want to raid a corp when they're barely strong enough to face gangers and when they're finally ready and I spend hours mapping an interesting dungeon crawl inside some industrial complex they just go "nah dude, we wanna steal an helicopter at the military base and just dick around"

Your players seem intent on dicking around (whatever, I'm not gonna tell people how to have fun) so bait them with macguffins that will allow them to better dick around. Go nuts and so will they. Don't fuck around with money; go straight to gear. Waggle the keys to the helicopter in their face. Tempt them with some missile launch codes at a military base. Give them a gundam with a full tank of gas and point them in the direction of dragon. Go nuts. Your game probably won't last too long anyway if their attention spans aren't good so you might as well go all out.

Howdy Veeky Forumsentlemen & Veeky Forumsentleladies;

Bit of a pickle.
I'm looking for SR 5E character builder primer similar to the one in the D&D thread. I know next to nothing about the system, but I have an ambitious DM with a deadline rapidly approaching. Open to any suggestions on this or the other thread.

Thank you.

Download at least the corebook from the from the OP,download and use Chummer.

Everything you could possibly want is in the OP.

Just use a pregen from the book.

Ew. Why don't you just tell user you hate them?

>Katana holsters on a commercial airline flight

Shadowrun needs more touches like this

What is this? GIS takes me to pages mentioning both Kill Bill and Kick Ass.

End of Kill Bill Vol 1.

There's this guy at my table who dedicates seemingly his entire life to griping about the rule spaghetti despite the fact that he's super eager to play this shit.

C'mon man, we all know the books are what they are but you're demoralizing the table.

Get the GM to pull the "final say" card. Excessive rulesfagging slows down the game for everyone else.

No, like, it's outside of sessions. He does it off-game in the chat.

tell him that his comments are making you have less fun? And that he should stop with it?

What would be a good mechanical drawback to having a safety release mechanism at the coupling point of a cyber-arm? I'm considering something involving the strength threshold or strength rating of the arm. Capacity and Essence costs don't make too much sense at all, since it's just a modification of the attachment point of the limb.

Would it make sense for the modded coupling link to have less strength capacity, thus reducing the strength threshold of actions made by the arm?

sure

What are you trying to achieve that can't be done with a modular attachment?

Does a modular attachment allow you to ditch the arm if someone has you by it?

Hopefully this didn't come across as "oh but does YOUR THING do THIS?"

I'm just unfamiliar with modular cybernetics.

Free Action to detach it if it's running wireless, Simple Action otherwise.

Is the guy who i talked about transsexuality/cyberware and whatever with still here and still gathering playas?

Much obliged, chummer.

I mean, if you're interested, I lurk pretty much all the time.
I didn't gather a lot of interest last time, but I really didn't want to start gathering players by email immediately - that'd just turn it into a /pfg/ game, and I wanted to have people put their ideas in the thread so there could be a bit of discussion.
Also, only gathering via mail makes it seem like I'm looking for an ERP game, while I was mostly interested in seeing if it was practically possible to include certain things in a Shadowrun game (where it fits with the setting) and still be able to see the keyboard for the spaghetti when you're done.

As we all know, social experimentation and table-top roleplaying games go hand in hand.

Yeah i might be interested.

Roger.
Is there anything in particular you were thinking would be interesting to play? When you really think about the setting, it's amazing how many hooks and potential character concepts they are, but people just don't seem to bite onto them because "it's weird".
In the end, that's one of the main reasons people play roleplaying games, but as soon as someone becomes aware that someone else in the world could possibly get off on their character concept, they drop it like a hot coal.
The fundamental goals and motiations of humans are pretty well represented in roleplaying games, but as soon as a character who's primarily motivated by sexual satisfaction (like a shitton of people in the real world) comes in, they're treated like a joke or an unwelcome creep.

>they're treated like a joke or an unwelcome creep.
That's because, a lot of the time, that's what they are.

The problem is that no matter how much effort is put into them, no matter how earnestly people want to play them as a character and no matter how good the player is, the assumption is completely automatic and prevents a lot of players from making any characters they like.
I started a group about a year and change ago based on the exact same thing I'm pushing here, and it's become one of the best fucking groups I've had because people often put a lot of effort and passion in things they really want to play but usually can't.
They earnestly want to play the character, they get invested in them and they don't want to lose the opportunity they have to play them, and most of the time the only reward they need is just having the character in the game - there was one complete retard in that group who I threw out, and he was the only one who was shrill about denying that there was anything fetishy about his character.
By far the most of the time, it's the person and not the concept that breaks the character. It's just that the kind of person who doesn't give a shit about the group is the one who's the most likely to make certain kinds of characters.

Consummate Professional? Is it ezcheez or is it in the realm of best practice?

Right now the themes of my own campaign revolve a lot around the "necessary evil" and balancing between staying professional and becoming inhuman.

One concept i'd like to explore again would probably be that musclegrill puncher i talked about, and the whole irony of being obsessed with strength.

On top of that i'm thinking about:

- Ex-aztechonology fashion designer who wants to base his next fashion line on shadowrunners, and starts a life of crime for the sake of immersing himself for inspiration. He would regard the whole deal with a certain romanticizing naivety.

- Depressive undercover cop dwarfette with a penchant for masochism, sometimes of the kinky variety. One of those people who, despite their self-loathing, focus on themselves without thinking about what other people think when they subject themselves to needless suffering.

Then we also talked about a character who changes themselves physically through the entire campaign through cosmetic ware, personasofts etc. That'd be fun to do

What disgusting art.

How worried should I be about my Cyber-ware getting hacked? Are tier 1 Cyber Eyes a terrible idea?

i bought the last copy of shadowrun 5e rules from a local comic shop

/srg/ is proud? ;)

Only if you're using the wireless functionality on vision enhancement or a smartlink.

IIRC standard grade cyberware is device rating 2, which isn't great for defending against hacking on its own.
You can pick up an expensive commlink like a Transys Avalon and slave your eyes to that for extra protection, or have the hacker babysit them and duel whoever's trying to brick your peepers through the internet.

If you reeeeeeeaaaaaaaally want to shut down any notion of your eyes possibly getting hacked but still want those wireless bonuses, an internal router, datajack and spool of datacable is the incredibly invasive cybersurgery for you.

Seconded, internal router ftw.

Got a question for 5e that I can't seem to find the answer for. Can you control(not jump in) a drone via wireless? Or do you always need an RCC to do anything with a drone?

Last session was the pinkest mohawk this campaign's gone.

Party consists of the Face, the Mage, Razorboy 1 and Razorboy 2 (henceforth B1 and B2) and an NPC decker. They're working with another team of runners to raid a rich fuck's underground private collection of magical artifacts.
While the other team take out the guy's live-in wage mage and suppress the vault's matrix security, B1, B2, the Mage and the Decker stealth their way through this guy's mansion to the secret entrance of the vault while the Face keeps the getaway car ticking over. They start cracking maglocks in the vault making their way to the room with all the best, most expensive and coveted treasure.
Along the way they trip an anti-tamper circuit and trigger the vault's hardwired security: that is, NeuroStun IX pumped in through the vents and a Steel Lynx with souped-up armour, a milspec pilot program, Fichetti pain inducer, Ares Screech Sonic Rifle and an FN MAG-5 MMG.

B1 and the Decker pass out from the NeuroStun while B2 and the Mage take a few boxes of stun damage. The Mage shapeshifts into a Chimpanzee and starts smashing bulletproof glass to swipe as many magical goodies as he can.

You can use a control device action to remote control a drone, or you can use a simple action to issue a command to one drone. The complexity of the command depends on how high the pilot rating of the drone is.

Now, we ignore some of Shadowrun's hard and fast rules in regards to magic. In this case, the Mage managed to grab a tiny hut with legs that can transport people into an extradimensional space. They stuff their unconcious fellow runners along with the loot into the magic hut and B2 follows with his rating 6 medkit to try and revive them, while Chimp Mage makes a break for the exit with the whole thing tucked under his arm.

Chimp Mage meets Steel Lynx on the way, and starts throwing down spells (at a -9 penalty to all actions) to get past the drone in any way he can. Improved Invisibility and an Ice Sheet don't do shit, and a sacrificial Force 4 bound Fire Spirit (gone in two action phases, didn't even put a dent in the drone) buys him just enough time to get out of the vault and sprint back to the car.

The Face -who hasn't had any updates since the Mage shifted- just sees a Chimpanzee wearing a baggy armoured longcoat jump into his car, turn into his friend and yell "GO GO GO GO GO" without any of his fellow runners.

Next session is trying to escape the HTR team.

Cool thanks

Yeah. Something I'm doing in one of my campaigns to avoid it getting hacked all the time (I'm a street sam with no hacking or rigging skills) is turning the wireless off and taping (until I can afford to get it installed) a micro-transceiver to the drone to give voice commands.

Couldn't you slave the drone to a high rating commlink?

I tried to make a mage hunter, but I feel like I tried to cover too many bases at once. Alas. What do you think?

You can, yes, but doing it the transceiver way makes it literally un-hackable. I coupled it with an internal router and a datajack. So my sam is pretty much completely off the grid.

Note: the internal router is for my gear and cyber, not the drone. I figured I should clarify because my wording was confusing. Also, my drone is just something that follows my Sam around as basically added firepower.

Also there's a couple programs you need for the drone to fire on it's own I believe. Targeting and a smartlink program as well as a smartgun system in the drone's weapon.

What exactly do you think a mage hunter is? How do you want to hunt mages?

>making a mage hunter
>not taking magic resistance quality
I too like to live dangerously.

DON'T BUY CGL
DON'T GIVE THEM ANY MONEY
YOU ARE A DISGRACE

Where are all the games listings?
I didn't see much on roll20

Is there anyway to defend against grenades in 5e other than armor?

The best way to be a mage hunter is to play a rigger.

Drones don't light up on the astral like a metahuman aura does, and if the mage wants to cast a spell on the drone they have to beat its crazy high object resistance.

Being fast enough to escape them?
Being fast enough to catch it and throw it back?
In case of gas grenades: Toxin Protection?

Grenades don't explode until the end of the combat turn. Make sure you're nowhere near that grenade when it goes off.

Otherwise armour, hiding behind a barrier, a high force physical barrier spell, hacking the grenade wirelessly before it even gets thrown

My Adept face has a couple of points left over for when shit hits the fan. What are the best things to buy for escaping/surviving/winning combat. Won't be able to use weapons or cybernetics.

Too Pretty to Hit and using Commanding Voice to fuck with people

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of which wireless bonuses require an outside network?

>CGL
>expecting ANYTHING to be exhaustive
chummer, the only thing at CGL that's exhaustive is the pay of the bathtub craftsmen

Okay, so if I get an internal router and datajack, my GM has to make a ruling on this for every piece of hardware I own?

Wait, why the fuck do I need an internal router to datajack my smartgun to my head? Isn't a datajack a DNI?

yes, for every bit of wireless functionality your GM needs to decide whether it just needs connection between the parts (which can be done with an internal router) or if it needs matrix access (e.g. because it needs cloud computing)

If you want you can connect your Datajack to the smartgun directly, Adversary. Just means that you have a cable from your head to your gun, which might get in the way

Sadly, chummer. I'd use this general rule: if the Wireless bonus is about connecting the Augmentation to outside resources, such Matrix databases, its a no go. Otherwise, you can assume it'll work fine.

For example, a Fingertip Compartment probably doesn't access a database on Monowhips to flip out faster, so you should be fine using an Internal Router. A Skilljack explicitly states it uses the Matrix for its wireless bonus, so then its a no go.

About to download 4e splats.

Which ones should i download if i'm looking for mechanics and more cool shit despite the Core book, not just fluff and adventures?

>If you want you can connect your Datajack to the smartgun directly

See pic related. It seems to imply that I need an internal router to do that.

Also, quick-loading smartguns? Are they talking about the Free Action clip eject or is there something else I missed?

Augmentation
Arsenal
Attitude
Contacts and Adventures
Para(-botany/-geology/-zoology)
Rigger 4 :)
Runners Companion
Runners Toolkin (all of them)
Running Wild
Safehouses
SWA
Spy Games
Street Magic
Way of the (Adept/Samurai)
Unwired
Vice

It's annoying obviously but he's doing you a solid going over this shit with a fine-toothed comb. Assuming you've got time, review his work and tell him one of
>cool we'll run it that way, thanks
>too fiddly, we're going to run it more simply so we get more time doing cool shit

>See pic related
?

fuck me

1/6*1/6*1/6= about half a percent

to me that looks like
>if you connect your datajack or commlink to this then your augments can connect to the rest of your gear, otherwise your augments can only communicate between each other
which still allows you to connect your datajack to your smartgun or to your commlink with wires, but if you connect it to the router you only need one cable to connect to multiple devices instead of needing dozens of cables

That's for rolling a specific result 3 times.
There are 6 possible trips to roll so the rate will be 1/36 or ~2.8%

Is there anywhere I can read about sprawls outside of Seattle, like Metropole for instance? I'm beginning to plan a Prime Runner campaign and want to get it away from Seattle, since that's where our first campaign was set, but every other sprawl is either outdated or has next to nothing that I can find.

Look for books that have 'Shadows' in the title. So 'Shadows of ____' was the 3e fluff books, 'Shadows in Focus' is the 5e line, 4th didn't follow the convention because it's a shit but you can find useful info in Sprawl Sites and Feral Cities. If you want a specific place, go to the wiki and follow the footnotes.

If you have too many cybernetics, then fmyour essence can drop really low. The lower it is the easier it is to hack you. If your essence drops below 0 you become a tech zombie.
Your body is no longer yours, it is now up for bid going to the decker with the strongest firewall.

That's some nice homebrew, too bad it doesn't really fit into any other fluff

>you only need one cable to connect to multiple devices
How does this work? If I have a smartgun in my hand, goggles on my head, and a commlink in my pocket, how does one wire connect to all of those?

With wire.

Augments Internal Router Datajack/Commlink Other devices

Okay, so it doesn't actually solve the 'wires everywhere' problem. My question is: What's the point of trying to handle gear with an internal router as opposed to a datajack?

The internal router works by translating the signals from the 'ware to and from nerve signals, which means that your nerves basically become the wires.
You still need the implant to do the interpretation, but if you have it, all your 'ware can communicate through your nervous system.

is ShadowNET cool?

I'm not talking about 'ware. I'm talking about gear. I get that it's valuable to have all your augments connected, but I don't get the bit about broadcast enabled cyberware and the rest of the user's gear.

It seems to say that if I add a datajack to my internal router, my augments and gear can communicate. That's cool, but it doesn't actually do anything that a normal datajack doesn't do.

Quick check on the Roomsweper.
It can ONLY use flechette rounds meaning it can only be 9P and +4 AP on narrow spread?

It can use all ammo types, but uses shotgun rules when loaded with flechette rounds.

huh
thanks mate, wording was little bit unclear

Thanks for the help omae. Another general question about the Metropole, is Cristo Redentor still standing by Rio? I can see it still existing either way, but just wondering if there's a canon statement anywhere.

If you wire up your smartgun to your datajack while having an internal router (or any piece of gear) you can get the wireless bonus while having wireless off.
For example you can use the "eject clip as a free action" while having your smartgun wireless off.
Certain features need matrix connection for the wireless bonus though (the example they give is the +2 dicepool from smartgun wireless IIRC) so yes your GM will need to make a ruling on everything.

And if I just wire my smartgun to my datajack? Does that do anything?

I think it's there, but it's also protected by magical lightning that strikes down anyone who approaches it.
Could be wrong though.