Corrupting the Custodes

Has there ever been any fluff on whether or not the Chaos Gods could corrupt the Adeptus Custodes? Are they like the Grey Knights, and none have ever fallen? Is that innate to their nature, or just a product of their continuous presence on Terra right next to the Emperor? Now that they're on crusade again, is it possible that one or more might, after prolonged contact with the forces of Chaos, fall himself?

Asking because I'm thinking of kitbashing a Chaos Lord and Custodes to make a new leader for my warband.

I can't find anything.
But I'm looking forward to new fluff now that Guilliman is deploying them.

Each Custodian was made by the Emperor personally, as as Inferno proved has a part of the Emperor's power in them. As the Emperor would never make bodyguards that could be turned against Him, I'd say they're incorruptible.

Given this and their physical proximity to the Emperor any attempt would be met with a psychic cockslapping.

>Each one of the Ten Thousand represents genetic lore acquired over many lifetimes. Each one of you is unique, a work of art never to be repeated. I am miserly with your lives, where I would spend so many others without a thought.

I'd say the Emperor made them to be the most incorruptible of all His servants.

>Each Custodian was made by the Emperor personally

So were all the Primarchs. How'd that work out?

They used to be. Their new codex says that they do sometimes take in new initiates even to this day, so obviously either they knew how after the HH or the Big E told them via psychic mumbo jumbo.

The Emperor was an awful judge of character and utterly sucked at reading people. He trusted Horus above all others.

The Emperor didn't give a shit about Number 16, or any of his tools. While he actually gave a shit about the Custodians.

>Believing ADB fanfic

The whole reason he's on the throne is that he loved Horus too much to just start their duel by tearing him to pieces with mind bullets.

Expect that to be retconed. Now it'll be that Horus was actually stronger than the Emperor thanks to chaos, but Oll Pius' god-killing blade was able to wound Horus enough so that the Emperor could use the last of his power to finish the job.

That's already Sanguinius' job.

>Thinking the won't retcon that as well
BL's opinion is to burn everything down and make their own fanfiction version to replace it.

>fanfiction
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

BL is official fanfiction for the GW universe. What do you mean?

>Now that they're on crusade again
Really? Since when

Since Guilliman woke up and made them do stuff.

>fanfiction
Again with this. BL isn't fanfiction. It's just fiction.

It isn't being produced by fans in an unofficial capacity. It's written by employees for money and published by the owning company.

Since GW realized it could sell their models.

In universe Guilliman gave them a kick in the ass and now they're out fighting again.

And ignored or retconned at will by said parent company. Wrath of Magnus cheerfully shits on A Thousand Sons when convenient, for instance.

I want them to make stories about xenos thinking they're just SM and making horrible mistakes.

That's irrelevant. It's written by employees, not fans, and published for profit.

That's not fanfiction.

Just do it OP, even though they cannot be corrupted they can be killed and looted. And what a fine mockery of the corpse emperor that would be...

And they're probably the only soliders in the Imperium with more mind-purging and indoctrination than the fucking Grey Knights.

And it has no bearing on the actual direction of the setting. Which is why ADB can fap to Chaos and Abaddon as hard as he wants, at the end of the day they'll still job to the Imperium.

>the actual direction of the setting.
What direction? The setting isn't going anywhere. It's pretty damn stagnant. Even Rise of the Primarch ended with Guilliman just staring off into space because THERE IS ONLEY WARR.

Thankfully. I like playing army men in a setting not just pointless battles in the background while the protagonists run around doing plot progression.

>a Custodes falling to chaos

>He trusted Horus above all others

He trusted Russ and Dorn above the rest. Horus was in charge of conquests but Dorn and Russ were the ones in charge of the important issues.

He appointed Horus their commander and gave him the right to speak with the Emperor's own voice, which he used quite ably to set Russ to destroying the Thousand Sons.

Magnus deserved it

Whatever the case, it's not what the Emperor wanted.

The Emperor admitted that Russ' axe "falls on those who deserve it" and that Magnus deserved it's smile

This over and over.

Gee he should of done that with Horus shouldn't he?

>should of
Die in a fire

He is? Interesting.

Horus was a mistake who got corrupted by influences by Lorgar, Erebus, Fulgrim, and his home world

>While he actually gave a shit about the Custodians

I like how gullible the custodians are. 'gee the emperor lied to the primarchs about them being his favourite, they're just tools. He for sure is telling me the truth though'.

>and his home world
What?