/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 11 (1d26)

Death Guard General Edition
Unbroken Circle of the Sundered Oath Blue Eyes White Blackshield Sub-edition

The XIVth legion commits the sin of...existing, and the IVth steals the spotlight in the Magnus novel, as they were too busy tossing fireballs about. Reductor motivations were discussed and colour schemes for the Agents of the Throne were explained, but it turns out everyone is a disguised AL. Many lists were posted, as well as actual painted minis. Blood Angels appeared, but it didn't matter too much because robbuts are for sexual. All of that and more in the previous bread -> >READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Lorgar best primarch

If Guilliman and the Ultramarines made it to Terra in time, would he be able to defeat Horus 1v1?

Built my two Achillus. Time to putty and clean this shit

Guilliman plus Sanguinius and Dorn would have been an unstoppable force.

Don't even need to 1 vs. 1 when they can just destroy Vengeful Spirit.

no point fighting him 1v1

just blow him up

>implying an entire war fleet can defeat a Primarch

This is 30k, where everything is decided in wrestling matches.

Kind of tried to fix the pose of the dread I posted a few days ago.

Also, an Acheron in the background partway through assembly.

He'd just systemically pick off Horus' armies and render him totally harmless before bombing him to death from a million miles away. Duels are for chumps.

Ehhhhhhhhhh. Piss him off enough and all his tactics go out the window.

I really hope we get to see him and Lorgar go at it now that Rowboat is up and moving in 40k again.

Seriously, how many running fueds does he need:

Fulgrim
Lorgar
Mortarion apparently based on the blurbs from gathering storm
Omegon maybe

>those chainfists
What the fuck was FW thinking?

They are essentially chainswords attached to Dread fists. It's hilarious.

they're all fairly one sided, not really fit to be called fueds

My army's heavy weapon platforms consist only of 24"~36" ranged ones. How fucked will I be?

Lorgar really really hates him. And likewise.

I think Fulgrim is also decent since Fulgrim is the reason for his ten millennia nap.

How are Destroyer Squads? Any tips on builds that are most effective?

> Fulgrim about to kill Bob
> Legion of the Damned deep striking out of nowhere
> In front of them a burning pumpkin head giant
> Fulgrim stunned, Bob regaining foot

I can see it coming

Yeah but Fulgrim doesnt have a feud with Guilliboy, Bobby just hates him.

Lorgar and Guilliman is a feud, they both hate each other.

I need this

Guilliman couldn't even defeat his own erection 1v1 until Cawl gave him a super fist.

Me too

They are meh. Cool in the background tho.

>D-doomrider, is... is that you?

Fellow Eaters of Worlds, how did you paint your eye lenses, red or green?

Green seems like a better option if I'm going to add some red armour pieces, but I'll stick to blue mostly.

I've always done mine green. Red wouldn't look bad at all, though.

Assuming I save down the arrow, these helmets are fine, right? I might use them for some Atramentar if I can cut them right.

>And likewise.
thing is, not really

It's the traitor primarchs who've gotten all invested in their revenge upon the loyalists. The loyalists for their part only really react, rather than instigate and feud.

Finished basic building of all of these for the night. Gonna get to cleaning and basing tomorrow.

It fucks me up that this is basically 1000 points.

And how is a chainfist any good against armor? It should be as unsuited to that role as a chainsword.

greens the best. I just put a a drop of waywatcher green glaze in the eyes for all my dudes.

MKV DESPOILER SQUAD FROM FW WHEN

embarrassing. Not Lorgar, but those (hopefully not 40 year old) kiddies trying to first-post their fictional hero and their favorite soccer team legion.

you really ought to paint the insides of the bronze armor it looks a bit wonky right now.

>It should be as unsuited to that role as a chainsword.
Difference between a wood saw and a metal saw, really.

yes. no. How would someone know? Why would someone care?

the fluff behind is supposedly that the powerfist's powerfield lowers the effectiveness of the armor and the tiny teeth improve penetration through the now weakened armor. AFAIK.

that's just for the shitty new style powerchainfists that are just a chainsword bolted onto a powerfist

Thankfully the caraphractii have the cool industrial tool chainfists instead.

I hate those. Would rather have an eviscerator.

I hate you. They're the best.

So what's the point of a power fist when a wrist mounted chainsaw can do the same thing? At least with the traditional chainfist you can imagine the fist still doing all the heavy lifting and the chainsaw is there just to provide some additional support.

Now now, play nice.

Custodes-user how much do you have now for them?

Do people hate my mixed mark pilot for my Fire Raptor?

you're both wrong, the chaos chainfist is the only true answer.

looks like he's jerking it, also reee MKVII legs, etc. (though I bet they came with the kit)

>what's the point of a power fist when a wrist mounted chainsaw can do the same thing?
They don't do the same thing, though. One cuts through bulkheads and frames, the other smashes and pries like the jaws of life. Different tools for different jobs.

>At least with the traditional chainfist you can imagine the fist still doing all the heavy lifting
Not particularly, because it's got a fucking stick glued to it, limiting how and where the fist can move.

Hmmm let's see.

This is what I own currently, only half is painted.

25 Custodian Guard
10 Sentinel Guard
10 Sagittarum
10 Hetaeron
2 Contemptor Achillus
2 Contemptor Galatus
2 Coronus Grav Carriers
2 Caladius Grav Tanks
4 Pallas Grab Attacks
3 Tribunes/Shield Captains
1 Ixion Hale

And I just ordered 6 Agamatus Jetbikes the other day.

Tell that to Dorn.

Do backpacks even fit in the pilot's seat? I thought all marine pilots went without.

So what's the point of even having the marine's hand on that thing? It's not like he can drop the thing and do something with that hand. Might as well do a CSM chainfist type deal where it's just a big chain blade on the end of the arm.

Converted tools to weaponry doesn't always necessitate drastic change.

A chainfist becomes a much less mobile powerfist but cuts through any form of armor like butter.

A powerfist is more mobile but crushes more than it tears apart.

>So what's the point of even having the marine's hand on that thing?
Saving money. They just bolted another vambrace on top of the regular terminator arm, since it's not like they need extra hand protection in tactical dreadnought armour.

making a powerfist obsolete/useless in its intended role by bolting a chainfist onto it is a little less sensible

I love this. Also I need to clean that pad.

I cut it down so I can fit it because I want it.

>obsolete/useless

Enough with the hyperbole.

At least a traditional chainfist can grab the piece it cut and move it aside or expand a hole it cut open. What is the cataphractii chainfist gonna do, you can't use your hand and if you got a heavy weapon in the other, you're fucked.

What are you working on today /hhg/?

Destroying a bottle of cloudberry wine and losing my mind over shitty internal communications.

>a traditional chainfist can grab the piece it cut
But it can't, because of the assbackwards location the saw's been placed. Unless chainfists operate like xacto knives and can snap apart/retract, that sword's getting caught in the mangled sides of whatever thing you're trying to pry open.

>What is the cataphractii chainfist gonna do
Cut open a giant hole for his properly equipped squadmates to quickly force open. Or saw through the reinforced structural beams that would otherwise be impossible to shift even with powerfist-assisted manipulation.

You know, the sort of things we actually use saws for, just with a grimdark filter put on top.

Loyalist honour

> Christ Alive!
Does Hale have his own rules or do you make it from the generic Tribune rules? Either way how good is he?

>But it can't

Yes it can, stop being obtuse. A piece under you hand is not going to make your entire hand useless.

>properly equipped squadmates to quickly force open

Yes, just shuffle your fat ass out of the way in the tight corridors of the space hulk so that the guy behind you can come and finish the job couldn't, because "muh superior design".

Fire raptor.

>A piece under you hand is not going to make your entire hand useless.
Having a four foot sword stapled onto your hand makes it functionally useless for mundane hand related tasks. There's nothing obtuse about it. That shit gets in the way.

Which plastic model is it based of?

I usually run him as Valdor, but sometimes as a Tribune with a Paragon Spear and such.

According to FW he will be getting his own rules.

Moving big things and cramming your fingers into a hole you cut into a bulkhead to rip it open isn't mundane tasks, though. and the blade does not prevent these functions. It also doesn't prevent you from holding something in your hand, like a beam or the head of an enemy.

Is that you DG user? Looks good, pose wise.

I'm doing a WE test model, second try because the first one was shit.

G'day mate

>the blade does not prevent these functions
The blade not being made of rubber kinda does, which is why we stick the knife and the pliers on opposite ends of the multi-tool.

Yes. It was kind of difficult to get good poses with them.

The flying boot in the SM range.

So should I have gear down or up I can't decide.

How? Hoes goes the blade stop you from sticking your fingers (and the blade you just used to make the cut) through an opening and pry it wider? How does it stop you from holding something in you hand? How do you hold things that would be impossible if you had a blade attached to the side of your hand?

Assault marines are far along enough to start work on their bases. Was going to do more tonight but the black lava could use some more drying time so I'll hit them in the morning.

Nice Tartaros. I've been thinking of picking some up myself but I'm torn between them and another squad of Cataphractii.

Cataphractii Is pure sex! I don't even care about the 10 Tartaros I have due to buying BoP

When using 3 Rapiers, should I go 1 of 3 Rapiers or 3 of 1 Rapier?

I've done one squad already, I'm debating giving a second a single lightning claw each for anti marine work.

So good.

>clearly the only unit in the army that can actually set up a charge reasonably
>doesn't get a Guardian Spear, but rather a shitty, bog-standard powerlance

>minimum size 3 of dynamic riders
>utterly boring monopose models

Thank god they are hideously undercosted for what they do, guaranteeing that they'll see play.

Started on my Oblivion Knight Centura conversion.

Is he drifting? The angle of the jetbike doesn't match the angle of the background movement.

How the fuck do you guys store dread claws for travel? Mine is way to big to fit in a normal case.

Dat I

Battlefoam has a Charybdis tray, so I imagine that having one made for the Dreadclaw is certainly possible. Won't be cheap though.

Sisters and Custodes had it for years

Thats not even the same symbol.

Nice. I always love understated poses for leaders.

>Built without spear

Please take all my disgust, for you have earned it.

>giving a dreadnought a handheld weapon

Bet you also want to strap the pilot in a terminator armour to the front of it as well.

Agreed. Without the spear that model is just so broing and uninteresting. Not to mention it's also comperatively shitty on the field.

Gee maybe I like having some models for fun.

Listen to this man, for he speaks the truth.

If it looked good like in the art, I'd see no problem with that.

Man this model is so good. Right after this picture I used some liquid green stuff to smooth out were I removed the Aquila.

Nah, that'll never catch on.

:'(

Fun fact, the second Achillus was actually a free Contemptor Galatus I acquired with no weapons or hands. Salvaged it by making it an Achillus with Adrathic weapons instead. I only own one spear (I would buy a second spear alone if that was an option)

So now I have two Achillus' and two Galatus'

Who was the faggot who recommended this piece of shit?

Tape a ruler to the side of your hand and go do hand things and report back.

I've a lore question for /HHG/, as a prospective CSM player. Every instance of power armor concept art and all of the recent 30k Space Marine models depict their backpacks as having vents mounted very close to the pack instead of stuck out quite far. When did Chaos suddenly materialize these weird new backpacks when all the heresy armor has the much more sleek packs?

Pictured are CSM's from 40k and some Mark 3 armor from the Heresy Era.

are you new? google 'anvilus' powerpacks, dummy

The CSM backpacks were around in the heresy, there's definitely artwork of them in the black books. They just haven't been picked for the main model lines.

If you're wondering, the extended vents on the CSM backpacks are to aid manoeuvring in the void.

Don't do this, it makes phosphex gas.