Character Art Thread

Too large weapons edition

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36261250
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Actually that could be a bad example

I'm out

Is this big enough?

You looking for weapon size to weirder size ratio or will gaint weapon do too?

... Are you drunk?

Do dragons count as oversized weapons?

That's great

> (OP) #
>Art thread?

OP, How do you feel about Monster Hunter over the weapon arts?

The handle doesn't seem like its in the right place

It's a single edged blade. Looks more like a giant cleaver or knife.

Is this big enough?

That has a very Warcraft feel to it. Reminds me of the paladin set from Ulduar.

Well, the OP image is from a quest, it's possible that some people will react on reflex.

No it isn't, fag. Just because a quest uses it doesn't mean it's """from""" a quest

if memory serves it was commissioned for the quest, so it really IS "from" a quest

Looking for some tan elves. Preferably with brown hair.

It existed before the quest, so your memory is as faulty as your shitty board. Just go back to /qst/ and leave us be.

I always wondered if that's actually the best weapon for a one legged fighter. You can make up for your lack of natural mobility by using your 2-ton fuckhueg sword as some sort of momentum vehicle.

>b-but martials should be completely mundane and not weird!
>we can't have weird anime shit in this game!

BIG
SWORDS

Got an elves in colourful outfits? Pointed shoes/boots maybe?

It's really not.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36261250

How about shield and hammer fighter?

>mfw I saved this for a figure drawing ref and didn't realize she's missing a leg

>crying girl stole guts's sword
How ?

at first, I tought he had a dueldisk

I need big spears.

You should draw her anyway, Bikko-chan a cute.

That's what happens when you have a weapon that is too big, you end up chopping a limb off of yourself.
Why do you think Sephiroth had only one wing. Fucker cut one off by accident.

>tfw """ average""" spear

That's kinda awesome.

That's a small sword for MH

It would be in her butt if it was

I can't really tell due to not being able to read Japanese, but does that page specifically say or otherwise indicate that the piece wasn't commissioned?

Moonrunes reader here. First, it's a collection of sketches centering around monster girls. It doesn't say that it's commissioned. It's just sketches.

Second, this shit's from 2013. The quest was only made in 2014, and the author didn't start commissioning shit until after it got popular.

Addendum: the author probably got the inspiration to do the quest from the picture, not the other way around.

But that's enough derailing this thread with /qst/ shit, post more character art.

Is here the place to ask for pictures of bird people?

I ask because I need references for bird people. I'm an idiot and mentioned the tribes of the bird-people island in my setting are based on different birds to my players and they want to go there, so I need inspiration

Here, have a big cock.

The Flesh is Weak, post more robots.

Not sure if this counts

As I recall, Chief specifically claimed to have commissioned the image so that he could use it for Oversized Weapon Quest. And I'm fairly certain about that memory exactly because, as you point out, it's pretty notable that some guy was crazy enough to commission art for a goddamn quest that he hasn't even started. And the dates do seem to match that claim, as far as I can tell.

Webm mandatory to the subject of ridiculously large weapons.

Nah. On the pixiv page, this is the image right before the oversized weapon girl. They're the same character; note the red face paint and the hair, which matches up.

It's a monstergirl-ized Go'Dha Jademaiden from FFXI, which is of the Quadav race, which is a race of turtle-men monsters. Hence the turtle-beak-like mouth, and the tail and shell in the original oversized weapon pic.

I never knew any of this until you made me look it up, so thanks for that I guess. No idea the original pic was of some turtle monstergirl.

Gods, I love that goddamn game.

I don't have too much that will be satisfyingly oversized, unfortunately.

It'd be a cool style, but largely impractical in any sort of realistic setting.

Yeah, fighting with one leg seems like one of those things that just doesn't happen in a realistic way. There might be some historical one-legged fighters, though.

>The simple realisation that it doesn't actually matter where on the crossbow the limbs go

Oh my god

Sword and Board is probably the only small weapon next to dual blades. That said, it could also be a Charge Blade where the sword fits into the shield and turns the shield into a spinning Axe head. Fun Fact, in XX there is a hunter Art that turns your Charge Blade into a whirlygig.

I gotta learn Charge Blade, that sounds pretty fun.

CB is pretty cool, but it got nerfed heavily from MH4G. Dunno if it's still nerfed from MHX to XX though.

I usually play with Insect Glaive, Dual Blades, or Long Sword. Would be a nice change, having a shield.

The shield isn't that useful. You're still going to be dodging 99% of the time like most other classes. Think of the weapon more like a lighter version of the Switch Axe. You have a fast moveset and a slow one, and you swap between them as needed to deal out big blows once you charge up your phials.

Anyone have some sailor art. Not necessarly pirates. Need inspiration for my next character in a sea themed story

Huh. I'll have to give it a go. See if it feels right.

>RDM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGH

yes ;v;