Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1432: [...] Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM
de.scribd.com/document/335442738/His-Dark-Materials-Jumpchain-OC-WIP
youtube.com/watch?v=HxIZLVeClFs
youtube.com/watch?v=VTYoxHfXKeE
wikimon.net/Category:Ultimate_Level
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When will you ever know peace?

I'll find it in the Best Ending, where everyone finally gets to live happily ever after.

When the degenerates and parasites are removed

Why would I ever do that? It's war for me baby.

So jumpers, how did you get by in the early days of your chain, and how many of your methods have since become obsolete?

I used to try diplomacy and negotiation
I don't do that any more

Well, I started my chain in Kamen Rider, so...early days were mostly spent trying to maintain a steady job while also fighting Shocker/Golgom/various other evil groups. I've since reached a point where I don't really need a job, but I still take one in certain jumps, because it gives me a chance to interact with people and because it's fun to do super well at those jobs and amaze people with it. When you've become really powerful, amazing people with mundane stuff is a lot more fun then doing it with raw power alone.

As for survival against enemies? Strategy is key, as is working with others. No man's an island, and standing against these evil organisations when you don't have to is stupid.

What are some tricks you save for when your back is against the wall?

My jumper doesn't really know what his definition of peace, and until then he's happy enough having his friends, his sister, his forge, his sword, his shield, and his smokes.

Given how many abilities I've picked up compared to how many I used with any frequency, most of my arsenal is for back against the wall surprises. There's nothing like an enemy coming up with some clever tactic to defeat your powers only for you to reveal you've got seventy other sets of powers they don't have plans for.

The use of an acid that can and will break through the immunities of anything it touches. Sure, to a normal person it's like a mild acid, but to Superman it's liquid kryptonite.

What IS that?

Remember how we always thought there wasn't a way to kill a Toon? Well, Doom found a way: turpentine, acetone, benzene... he calls it the Dip.

...I meant the thing being dunked in it. It looks like a squid or something.

It's a shoe.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Good movie, lots of great comedy, but surprisingly terrifying in parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM

It's a talking cartoon boxing glove.

Huh. Weird.

The premise of Who Framed Roger Rabbit is that it's a noir movie in a universe where cartoons aren't animated but live action featuring actors who happen to be bizarre creatures made of living ink. It makes for some weird dissonance.

hey guys, i made a "His Dark Materials" jump a while back, but forgot about it (i posted it on the jumpchian subreddit before though), because i had a lot of work to do lately.
it isn't finished, but most of it is done. I would upload it on the WIP file, because i don't know when i'll come around finishing it.
Tell me what you think

a point of critique i'm expecting: unbalanced choices/perks depending on background. I'll work on that, but some of it is intentionally since some backgrounds are simply more powerful than others.

the jump: de.scribd.com/document/335442738/His-Dark-Materials-Jumpchain-OC-WIP

p.s.: please don't sperg out about the reddit part

>but some of it is intentionally since some backgrounds are simply more powerful than others.
Then you need to address that. Make those backgrounds cost more or have drawbacks associated with them. Acknowleding the issue is good, not doing anything is worse.

Also seriously, scribd?

You really need to spellcheck here, there's so many missed capitals.

no, i know. As i said, i'll work on it.

what is wrong with scribd?

i know. i wrote that down fast in one sitting and i'm not a native speaker

>Adam or Eve
Christ, no, that's way too strong.

Commoner is missing a 400 per.

>All According to Plan
If this is the effort you're putting in, you need to have a serious rethink of how you're handling this. Just reading it makes me embarrassed.

>Ultimate Sacrifice
No, unless you put in some ruling about it being a final, chain death, this is just ripe for abuse for anyone who picks up a one up, which may or may not exist in this same jump depending on how you read some of the perks.

>Family Values
Why is this 500?

>Drawbacks
Most of these are just "Someone hates you and is trying to kill you" and there probably doesn't need to be so many. The 800cp one isn't worth that much either./

This jump, overall, needs some serious work. It's nowhere near done but it's definitely a lot more of a start than I expected.

You need to make an account (and I think also (eventually) pay) to download it. Can't you just post the pdf here?

wow, i made that long ago, i had no idea what you're talking about.
I'll look over it

Is determination an emotion? Conviction?

I'm a little disappointed that there's no perk for Panserbjorn automatically seeing through deceptions. Iorek saw right through Will's stealth mode.

Also, the Adam or Eve perk is too strong, and I feel that the Gyptian 400cp and 500cp perks should be swapped.

According to DC, yes.
But personally I see determination/conviction/willpower as being your mind's equivalent of 'strength/durability'. Whereas your intellect would be your 'dexterity', and wit would be your 'speed'.
Why do you ask?

Abandoned Warehouse District- A lovely selection of abandoned warehouses somewhere in Gotham City, probably near the docks; the perfect hideaways for any cape, be they hero or villain. It might seem odd to pay for a bunch of abandoned buildings, but these warehouse seem to have unusual properties; for one, low-lives seem to flock around them, making recruitment of new thugs and baddies a cinch; two, they escape the attention of the police and other officials unless attention is brought to them; and three, warehouses in use will never be the target of random collateral damage. While things are a bit dusty now, with a little elbow grease and interior decorating you could have the perfect hideout for your operations. (400 CP, discount Drop In)

Stately Jumper Manor- A large estate, worth a fortune in today’s economy, located outside Gotham City is a large mansion with your name on it. Riddled with secret passages and rooms, the mansion is capable of hiding any number of secrets. In addition, the manor is exquisitely decorated and furnished with the finest art pieces and effects from some of the most talented artists and craftsmen in the world. The whole estate seems to radiate a warm, comfortable nostalgia that soothes the mind. The mansion does come with a butler/maid, and while they do follow you they aren’t as good in a fight as the one you can get as a Companion (if you do purchase the butler Companion, you can choose to replace the butler you get here with that one). (400 CP, discount Bat-family/Vigilante)

Laboratory- A large research center with millions of dollars’ worth of equipment, oriented towards any number of scientific pursuits. In addition to the equipment you also get a team of researchers, thinkers, and other scientifically minded folk that can you with your work for you to direct. While the building follows you, the staff do not; you instead get a random assortment of new people each Jump, although their skills will be on par with their predecessors. (400 CP, discount Scientist)

Hideout- A good hideout can be anything, from an abandoned amusement park, to a small shack in Gotham’s swamp, to a gigantic maze modeled after a videogame. Whatever you choose, your hideout will come with some manner of defense system; if you chose the abandoned amusement park, for example, some of the rides and attractions might be rigged with traps, or modified to be hazardous to those on or nearby them, with the whole shebang being monitored from some sort of well hidden monitor room, while the maze might feature mechanical traps that look like monsters or are activated by failing to correctly answer a riddle. (400 CP, discount Criminal)

There's a perk in Xam'd that allows you to power abilities that require specific emotions with other types of emotion, and "determination" I feel is about the only emotion that I'd reliably be able to call upon. Everything else is too dependent on situational factors.

Nice.

I used lots of mind control. Now I have so many harem, charisma and social engineering perks that mind control has become redundant.

Jump #303: Final Fantasy XIII-3
>Three of Swords (Sorrow): The revelation of a painful truth.
>Age: 16
>Location: Luxerion
>Identity: Saviour
>Scenario: Light Eternal (+900)
I have to wonder, what have I gotten myself into? And yet, I can't deny it. The cosmology they dictate seems to ring false. He's as much a god as Kefka aspired to be.
>Overclock (Free, Drop-In)
Slowing my opponents down when they're trying to fight me up close sounds quite useful.
>Schema (1700, Drop-In)
>Via Abnegatio (1400, Drop-In)
>Antimatter Genesis Principle (1200)
Oh, look, more technology... except when developed it has the potential to put some control aspects of the chaos eating the world. Sure, I can use it to make mundane duplicates of items, but I'm much more interested in how it can slow chaos' crawl.
Or is it a matter of the local magical power run amok?
>Antimatter Temporal Principle (1000)
Yes, indeed, this certainly has the potential to deal with chaos. It makes me wonder whether this could serve as the equivalent of the pylons one would find on Cadia and elsewhere. And the fact that it enables me to freeze time briefly is helpful, but... well, with these two schools of tech, perhaps the fight against chaos is not entirely useless.
>Pocket Watch (Free, Drop-In)
An item that gives immunity to time fuckery! Well, not COMPLETE immunity, but unless the plot says I need to be frozen in time, I'm good. I can even lend it out if need be.
>Soul Seed (800)
I have to say, growing plants and flowers wherever lost souls perished is cool. Especially if they can reach back far enough to grow ones that had gone extinct.
>Perimeter Control Interface (600)
If part of what I need to do is keep people safe so they can have a sustainable population again, it doesn't hurt to have an already ready-made way to do it.

>Lost Hours Sandglass (300)
Another item to play with time fuckery! And if I want to be Cheaty McCheatface, I could cast a time altering effect on myself to make the sand build up faster. I wonder what effect this will have if I activate it on April 30th? Can I declare April 42nd to be a new holiday? Because that'd be pretty funny.
>Integration (0)
Bringing my companions along with the full import treatment this time. I'll need them.

So... chaos. Everyone that remains as they wait for time to tick down is unaging but unable to reproduce, because chaos... well, it's not really chaotic, per se. It's some sort of magical entropy effect that interacts poorly with the physical world as it stands... it corrupts objects, both inanimate and living. Sufficient exposure creates monsters, but short term exposure still corrupts genes and minds - and there's a low level effect of this over EVERYTHING here.

It's the world's magic gone rampant - the opposite scenario from what I had seen five jumps ago when I woke in Midgar. It's a frightfully nasty effect, and quite frankly a scenario such as this would probably not be fixable without many things being lined up, leading up to this point. Experiences with genetics and life itself. Studies of magic and technology, to help me harness the local technology to fight against chaos.

Short of being given the basics of the technology to manipulate it, and past technologies from the last two jumps that worked on the same principle, I would have had to fight Pandaemonium to make the first bit of progress. I still did, of course - there was no way to get answers without taking such drastic action, and it was NOT a fun experience - but I at least had the beginnings of things set up before I had to do so.

It took a surprisingly long time to start getting things set up. To convince the population of Luxerion that I could help change things, which meant that I had to take an active role in the local conflict. A decisive role. From there I jury-rigged some small scale mako reactors to dampen the wild magic, even if it only just burned it off rather than converting it to anything useful. The chaos burned red instead of mako blue... unsettling for many reasons. Perimeter defenses helped keep those from being immediately destroyed, but they were magnets for monster attacks down to the last day I was there.

My companions stepped up to the plate to help deal with things, thankfully. They helped reorganize things in Luxerion, keeping order as we started treating the population. The celebrations for the first few who were found to be pregnant were quite epic. Dealing with what turned out to be subversive work from Vanille and Fang was much less than fun, but frankly... I don't believe in no-win scenarios. I may not have taken either as companions, but I ensured that both were saved from the machinations of a would-be deity.

Dealing with Lightning and her small army was far less entertaining than I would have thought, when her inevitable return occurred. Goddamn pinkette with xeroxed versions of my companions. Still, much like the other two I'd already saved, her will was only partially her own. It was an interesting fight, though we ensured it was moved outside the city to keep the collateral damage down - a flood of monsters heralded her approach, and an army of magitek automatons kept them at bay rather than letting them raze the city. And the fight... well, quite honestly I don't think most of my companions have ever actually had an excuse to go all-out in one on one fights. Landscapes shattered, craters the size of city blocks... the damage was quite a thing to see, afterward.

The fight with Lightning was not nearly so devastating, more... metaphorical. Rather than physical, it was a mental conflict. I definitely did not expect it, a minute's fight as exhausting as fighting for a full day. In the end, the fight drew to a close; with a twist of magic, I sent her away, to land at the feet of a pink-haired girl that bore a strange resemblance to her sister. After that... she did not have the chance to trouble me again, because at that point, I took just long enough in the time-accelerated warehouse to fully recover from the ordeal before I launched my assault on Bhunvielze. My companions remained behind, save for two. Carbon and Imaginos. And as one, we struck.

Ah, Bhunivelze, god of light, what mortal could hope to match your strength? Alas, that I am no mortal. I know what true power is- I know what real light is, not this... flickering candle you pretend it to be. The power to create anything... to make a new world in a new plane... Bhunivelze, you are not the only one with that ability. You, who cannot see beyond the world you've trapped yourself in, the entropic cycle that you have already lost control of, the tainted reincarnation cycle that only pray I can put right before my departure.

Beneath the sturm and drung, you're just a little boy who lashes out at anyone who disrupts his fun, and hides from it while hoping it will be perfect, then can't handle it when it isn't. An autistic, matricidal pretender to the title of godhood. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. But what the hell, I'll laugh anyway.

The driedver. A forbidden treasure to power it. The Sword of Darkness, wielded by my hand. Let's see whether five minutes is enough time for me to do what Lightning would have done in ten, had I derailed things. (It took less than three minutes; justice prevails.)

His power, too, I'll leave in the dust. I've no use for anything that a mad would-be god should think to use to enforce his will.

So, I know that there is a perk for it in Penny Dreadful, but does any other jump have a perk that helps prevent your actions from butterflying things away too much?

>no perk for Panserbjorn automatically seeing through deceptions. Iorek saw right through Will's stealth mode.

oh right! That's a good point

Thanks for the suggestions

as mentioned the adam and eve perk too, i'll definetly nerf it

You know, I was just reading a jump that had that, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Some videogame jump, maybe? Sorry I can't be more helpful.

thanks for responding anyway. I know I had read a perk other than Penny Dreadful's one, but I can't for the life of me remember where I had read it, so knowing that I'm not going crazy is nice

What would be the best jump to get a star ship or the ability to make a star ship, like the knowledge of everything that goes into one?

Dungeon Siege 2 has one that does it passively. Boktai also has a "butterfly sense".

I mean, Star Wars, The Original Trilogy is solid, as is importing a spaceship into Supreme Commander(the Light of Terra, or one of the capital ships from a jump like Sins of a Solar Empire are commonly what is used). Really most space jumps are good for what you are looking for.

holy shit ur amazingly beautiful bb. Dungeon Siege is the one I was looking for

youtube.com/watch?v=HxIZLVeClFs

No.

Best that come to mind are Polity, Star Wars OT, Supreme Commander, FTL and Star Trek nuboot.

please tell me it's not just one image and they edited the whole speech

Oh and Battlestar Galactica for lower-tech implementations.

Go to Dahak Chronicles. Get the moon. (It's a spaceship.)

It's more for an early chain ship, don't have the perks to do the drawback for that or the ability to move it into a hammerspace.

Cheers, probably gonna get one from Star Wars or FTL. Or can the Derelict ship from SupCom be imported as the commander from the same jump?

>checks the SupCom jump
Hmm. So long as you buy it before you start spending MP on your ACU, I guess you could.

What's a fantasy setting that roughly on the level of a person with a gun and ten years of training and experience with it?

Low fantasy, I'd imagine.

Remember when ir_fane showed us just how unreasonable Red could be? I do, and it was glorious.

Can't say I do.

No, "low-/high-power" and "low/high fan tasy" are entirely distinct. That's more a matter of tone/prevalence of fantastic elements. Like, Harry Potter would in most regards be considered high fantasy, even if it's not incredibly powerful.

I remember when ir_fane showed us how much of a petty, cowardly little bitch he was.

youtube.com/watch?v=VTYoxHfXKeE

Dishonored?

>cowardly
Lol, Timmy, you're the only one who uses that word in this community.

When there is no Avenue left for my society Two Progress in and there is no suffering for me to alleviate or evil for me to fight.
bookmaker screws ,time Traveling to Prevent my opponent from being born,deploying my internal world to have its inhabitants and my various circles Of demons gang up on them,activating all my super modes at once,calling down rods From God that have been enchanted with the Piercing magic from Ending the infinite scenario from Anima Beyond Fantasy,via the ominous hammer.

Which version of the titan fall jump should I use?

>"It was just an avatar."

When I choose to make it regardless of what hell I've been dropped into. It's really easy to just take a minute to sit back and relax, before getting back to business.

Out-sneaking and out-playing everyone else. It's still relevant and quite frankly, much more fun than just walking up to someone and punching them in the face (unless it's part of the plan).

Read above.

The real question is, what tricks DON'T I have.

Lyrical Nanoha starships are the shit homie, especially the Saint Cradle.

There's also Kerbal Space Program, Teen Titans, Mass Effect, Star Trek, X-Com 1, and Martian Successor Nadesico.

Jump #304: Final Fantasy XIV
>The Devil, reversed: Resistance of temptation. Freedom from bondage.
>Age: 14
>Location:
>Race: Moogle (-100)
Oh look, now humes are hyur. (Hyuk.) Ha ha also fuck you Squaresoft I'ma be a moogle. Kupo.
>Professions: Miner, Blacksmith, Alchemist
>Moogle Delivery (Free, Moogle)
>Geographical Prospecting System (Free, Miner)
>Vein Revitalization (600, Miner)
>Defensive Plating (Free, Blacksmith)
>Cold Fires (500, Blacksmith)
>Crystal Metallurgy (300, Blacksmith)
>Composition Analysis (Free, Alchemist)
>Materia Adaptation (0, Alchemist)

I just... look, it's an MMORPG. Again. I'm not the main character, and I don't want to be. But what I am going to do is set up shop and sell gear to people. Gear that doesn't fit the theme of the game. Gear that is, at times, hilariously overpowered and geared specifically to defeat certain bosses or deal with certain plot lines. Or just hearkens back to older titles.

It gives me an excuse to get people to pay ME to test out all the stuff I've been working on in my spare time over the last few jumps, and iron out the kinks.

Where the hell did my name go. I swear to god, this browser. Obviously, that's my build.

The text version is more content complete than the imaged one, so you should probably use it.

>The Devil, reversed: Resistance of temptation. Freedom from bondage.
Been meaning to ask: what's the deal with these?

> anonymous doesn't know what the Rider-Waite deck is.

Anyone have a good idea for a +300 CP drawback for Batman? I only need one more.

I know what a fucking Tarot deck is, I just don't know what he's actually doing with it here.

One that makes you always look outclassed by everyone else, no matter the task?

you are flamed for the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne so perfectly that even Batman can't figure out you didn't do it.

It's what the cards mean individually Anonymous,the various tarot readings layer.The meanings into a scenario to predict the future,how do you think they were supposed to work? he's using them to enhance his writing by adding scenarios and such with them.

I frequently know peace; it's those stretched-out moments in between the periods of screaming.

Maybe a butler like Alfred but is extremely incompetent and messes up all your plans but you can't seem to make yourself get rid of them.

I didn't know if he was literally just drawing them and then using that to influence his story or what. There's no need to be a smug prick when someone doesn't know something a specific situation, Bancho.

An obsession to fix Gotham?

Plot prevents you from doing any relevant changes to the setting? If you're a hero villains will escape and won't die, and if you're a villain your schemes will always be undone?

Doesn't prevents you from getting killed yourself, you just can do any lasting damage or good to the world.

I think I'll go with something like this.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

How the heck did I forget Tenchi Muyo? It has living clarketech starships with superpowers.

Need help deciding my starter Pokemon. What were your starters, /jc/?

Tenchi probably has the best ship in the entire chain that you can purchase, but you can't actually made another of the same type. At top, you can make your own second generation fleet.

Riolu, I wanted a partner who could use aura and later on speak into my mind as we could be the perfect team.

I used to need to cheat fairly hard since I was lacking even compared to new companions due to more support based builds. By cheat, I mean playing dirty whenever applicable. Needless to say I'm definitely a match for my companions and don't feel the overwhelming need to overcompensate with unsavory tactics. Still kinda do though since I'm a ninja.

Cyndaquil, since it's my favourite.

I picked a Shiny Vulpix with Hypnosis. Needless to say she got a lot of mileage out of it both in and out of battle.

Looking for the strongest digimon to turn into as a digimon. Also no one mentioned if I could use Digimon Partner and pick my tamer from canon cast.

Numemon.

wikimon.net/Category:Ultimate_Level

this is pretty much the tops of the power level, find something you like and start clicking the "evolves from" till you get to A baby level , so you know where to start out at.

That's not currently a thing you can do in the Jump. Think someone became partner of a canon character by going Wild One and taking the unbonded Digivice to them. As for Digimon Form, just pick something you like. It's already been mentioned that you'll need to accumulate data, grow older and train in order to get stronger and just digivolving into a form may not necessarily start you off at the level other interpretations of that Digimon have as a baseline. Like you can't pick Lucemon and expect to be as strong as the Lucemon from frontier right off the bat. Otherwise I'd mention Arkadimon as the most broken ass Digimon ever.

What are the rules for original companions that I create? Do I need a stasis pod?

What jump?