/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Necromancer update never.

>pic
still would

It's become real. /monster/ memed it into reality, during the year of forever ever

I rather she updated the BL CYOA than this one...

There's supposed to be more than one page of this, innit?

Not yet. user made the mistake of posting a tease-wip.
I wish authors didn't have a blueball-the-players fetish

It's a WIP; not complete yet.

>I rather she updated an already finished CYOA than complete an unfinished one...

nobody cares about your urineromancer
stop posting this in every thread

>he would rather have a boring CYOA be finished instead of a good one get updated

I'm not even the one who started this meme. So, obviously SOMEONE cares.

>I'm not the first one to murder a person, so it's okay if I myself do it!

Did Highlander finish companion addon for 1.4 yet?

NO

>he would rather have a boring meta CYOA get updated instead of a good one be finished

That aside, what is there to update? If you have any ideas, maybe post the CYOA along with your suggestions. Who knows, the author might even respond.

Nah no I want her to make her own CYOA with her own ideas. If I want to make a CYOA I can do that myself.

>Nah no I want her to make her own CYOA with her own ideas. If I want to make a CYOA I can do that myself.
Seemed to me like the author was over and done with that particular one, so you might indeed have to make your own. You could always post the CYOA and ask the author whether this is the case or not, though.

(Figured I'd post here since the old thread is almost dead)
Believe me I would love to write it. Even when I know the first responses will be
>what is wrong with you?
and it will get very little attention. It's going heavy into the "yanderes have issues" and less into the "yanderes are just waifus that love you a little too much".

Because, the current idea is a high school setting (I considered adding a college age and post-college option, but it would essentially be mixing three cyoa together), where extra-curricular activities and classes all have a little yan-related blurb (e.g. Chemistry teaches you the difference between a lethal and non-lethal dose of a drug and gives you a key to the lab, cooking class makes it easy to add stuff to food without anyone tasting it as well a giving a reasonable explanation for your knife collection)

The further we get in the cyoa, the more yan the narrator gets. The last section is an enemy section, and they are all told from the perspective of a narrator who blinked when she stared into the abyss: the "sempai has a little sister" option accuses her of being a flatchested homewrecker and that she spreads lies about her etc. The "popular girl" must obviously be a slut, the "childhood friend" knows your sempai far too well.

But it is years away from completion with my current tempo. I'm like 20% done with my current one, and after that I have two more cyoa I want to make, of equal size and length.

We'll see who will laugh when I fill seas, rivers, and lakes with urine!

Hell, I'd play it. Keep it up, bruv.

Good to hear.
It'll be out in 2+ years.

The sad part is I am not even joking. I am not very good at focusing on anything.

>1.4
Don't you mean 1.5?

>It's going heavy into the "yanderes have issues" and less into the "yanderes are just waifus that love you a little too much".
Just like all the other "yandere" CYOAs.

Stardust update when?

This one is final.

It was last thread. Nigga, do you even read the threads.

Until we find some errors.

MUAHAHAHHAHAHA.

>yanderes have issues
Personally, I think loving someone so much you're willing to kill for them is sweet, but I understand not everyone might agree with that.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your CYOA, whenever it may come.

Are any CYOA authors around that shitpost less than SDA?

Oh I like that fantasy of being an obsessive slightly stalker-y yan waifu. But you have to admit wanting to kill is not exactly sane.

Can i revamp that stardust x space opera CYOA?

No.

Yes pls. Last thread Stardust user did a 2.1.0 update

Dumping the new Stardust, because fuck it, SDA's not here at the moment.

Also, is there anything stopping me from putting a torpedo launcher on a fighter and using a teleporter room and a really good engineer to reload it from my main ship?

>2.1.0
Nah, he did a 2.1.1 update last thread, the 2.1.0 update was in the thread before that.

...what the fuck, page 4 is >8 MB according to my machine. Why? I literally just downloaded it from the previous thread. Page 5 fits, at least.

> is there anything stopping me from putting a torpedo launcher on a fighter
I posted a build containing a couple of fighters like this, , back when SDA first released the v2, and at least he didn't say anything about it not being possible.

Open it in paint.
Don't edit the image at all, just resave it as the same file format.
Congrats, you just shaved a chunk off the file size.

...that worked. Why the fuck did that work?

IrfanView is great for getting images to fit under the filesize limit whilst retaining as much quality as possible, you can set the filesize when using "save as" on a .jpg.

teleport jammer description implies that you can't teleport things on fighters. That's my version at least, the opposite would feel like cheating

I thought it meant that teleporting something onto an enemy fighter was useless because you didn't know the internal dimensions, so you couldn't tell if what you were going to teleport would be half there while a wall blocked the other half. Moreover, since it's moving so quickly and dizzily, it would be impossible to track properly. But, since you're in contact with your own fighters...

>Why the fuck did that work?
Because it reapplies compression when you save, causing some amount of loss in image quality?

Power, souls, city, minor telekinesis, true form.

I will be a(n endless serie of) good mayor(s) bringing prosperity to the good City !
Opportunity for all ! Jobs, wealth, happiness !
Crime ? No such things in my good City !

And if you are down on your luck, go to one of the office for the poor !
In exchange on swearing you'll Give Yourself Completely To The City, and help others as much as your abilities can for the Rest Of Your Life, you will receive [worthless material reward adjusted for inflation] to get you on your feet !

Still w-
Well, it's true. Look at that pelvis.

My interpretation was that you can't transport matter inside of other matter, and there's just no room inside a fighter for you to transport anything into it, plus the calculations of locking onto something that small, moving that fast. I don't see why it wouldn't work, as long as you have a Hypercomm and E-War center to represent the ability to perfectly track your ships in real-time.

Hypercomm I get, but E-war? That's for, well, electronic combat. You don't have to hack into the systems of your own fighter to track them, do you?

> Don't you mean 1.5?

You'd think that, but the 1.40 was released incomplete. The 1.50 one hasn't even been started.

1.4 and 1.5 were years ago by the way, long before even 1.19 came out.

You don't track the precise galactic coordinates of every ship you call on the comms, either. Neither is perfect, which is why I suggested both.

Does anyone have the CYOA where you choose between becoming a psychotic ooze, a hyper genius, a magical warrior, an evolved human, an enslaved super soldier, and a few other options? Every choice paired you with a companion and your abilities were rated from C to S+. I really liked the minimalist design.

Reposting this since it's morning where I am and I figure it will get more attention.

Well you'd have to teleport it in perfectly or it'd either blow up your fighter or jam in the launcher. It'd be a lot safer to just have your fighter swing back by your ship where you could have a quick automated land-reload-relaunch system set up.

When the ship and the fighter are both jinking and dodging like crazy? That's suicidal.

You know, it says you can't add a Hull Extension to put extra rooms on a fighter, but SDA has said that if you have a creative, logical reason, he doesn't mind breaking the rules. He also said I could buy "Safe Room" as a modification to the bridge, instead of as an extra, separate room. So put a hull extension on your fighter, buy a teleport pad for the carrier and the fighter each, and have pad-to-pad teleports that load the torpedoes directly into the fighter's silo.

My single battleship costs 1 billion without crew. Halp.

>dump weapons
>dump luxuries
>dump some speed
>dump some shields
>hire barebones crew
>rename ship to BattleShit
>lose all interest and fun you were going to have with this cyoa.

>FIRE

I AM THE CATACLYSM

THIS GODLESS WORLD SHALL BURN

But user, I already did that AND had 4 anti-matter cannons on a single dreadnought (though now you could go up to 5, so maybe I'll minmax for that). The thing is, my build with exact same stats had around 600m cost in the earlier version, including crew (2.0.0, I think). Maybe that's because of SDA making module section into non-modular hulls.

Just redo it. My dreadnought with full loadout including crew is only about a billion. You just need to refactor and shuffle some things.

Though if you're using Anti-Mats, you have deeper issues.

Stop buying candles

>dump weapons
EXCUUUUUUUSE MEEE?

No.

I want to take The Fatebreaker, and The Demigod for story purposes, but the titles are stupid, and that's more money than I can spend in the small amount of time I have to day dream...

Fuck it, I'll waste the whole day on this shit. I will be back, at some point in the unforeseen future!

PRINCESS!

>The 1.50 one hasn't even been started.
>he posts in reply to the 1.50 one

Why don't you post all these other versions you mention, I'd love to have a more complete collection.

Have a classic.

C'mon user, you can do better than posting stuff that's already in the archive, surprise me with an edition I haven't seen before.

>heavy laser cannon with berserk is stronger than Tachyon Cannon
explain this

ANGER!

The end is nigh.

I can't, I'm not SDA

Society of Dustkeepers
advanced piloting
standard combat training
mercantile
nuclear

The leader
Pl Vf8
beatrice v6.8.2
nuclear fusion
standard shielding
FDN control zrt3
nano armor coating
PD-5 flak cannons, 1 salvage harvester
BS-6 artillery cannons, 2 auto cannons
S-2 railguns
dropship (2 auto cannons)
0G mobile suit (machine gun, artillery cannon)
tractor beam
composition scanner

crew quarters upgrade
captain's quarters
advanced infirmary
standard mess+tavern
lounge+rec room+observatory
laboratory
cargo space+engineering bay
arsenal
holding cells
secure vault

lia stitt
trisha lim
devon trice
elizabeth tyler
ley'ra laur
ward shapiro
sarah escher
jorgen masterson
carolyn brooks
5X dustkeepers

Do you guys REALLY need more than 1 anti-matter cannon? One already one-shots pretty much everything in the universe if you can align it correctly.

Your ship is fucking pissed and wants enemy ships to fuck off

I just want to explore the minmaxing possibilites. I'm fine with an advanced battleship without anti-matter cannons altogether. Besides, PBCs are much better in most situations anyway.

>if
Because you can miss, if you shoot three cannons you have higher chance to hit

That's kinda the point I was making. Plus, I'm pretty sure 40 Mana Blasters on a Herald ship can rip through any shielding and armor you'd care to put up against it in less than the two-and-a-half minutes you'd need to charge it.

>trying to enjoy a CYOA
>every 15 seconds wake up to reality because I have to gently facepalm myself at the writing

explain problemo

Tachs also get 1 point of damage from Berserk, though.

I agree.

Rule of dakka always wins, I suppose.

Pretty much. AMCs are pretty much solely for structure/battleship+ busters when it's really needed, like a large fleet battle and your fleet locates the enemy command ship, so you all point your AMCs at that fucker to erase him from existence.

I already did. It's the writing. Too juvenile for my taste, it's like something I'd write when I was 15 trying to impress my other cynical and edgy friends.

Got the soldier and romance dlcs?

Something that just occurred to me; if you have the Blink Drive, and are aware you're being targeted by Anti-Mat Cannons, they literally cannot hit you. Minimum refractory period, shot to shot, on an AMC is 7 and a half minutes. Blink Drive can be used every 7 minutes. So no matter how big and lumbering your ship is, you can always Blink out of the way of the AMC shot.

I suppose that's actually an argument in favor of mounting multiples on the same ship, and having their cooldowns cycled.

no

Remember that there's technology to reduce the cooldowns of AMCs by half (ala the Heat contract).

And actually, I sneaked in a little nerf--they used to be 5 minutes to charge and I upped it to 7 for version 2.1.0. So, ultimately, you can have as low as 3.5 minutes charging time for your AMCs.

Specialized dreadnought/carrier destroying battleship, could have a place in large scale wars where you can expect multiple dreadnoughts and carriers. I would expect that at least the Federation would have a few battleships with multiple anti-matter cannons purely as means of taking out heavy hitters. But that is a super niche thing.

I mean I personally am not fond of an anti matter cannon even on a dreadnought because they seem kind of wasteful. But I can see the use of specialized ships that only have as big ship killers.

I was factoring in the halving; it's a 2.5 minute charge, but then also a 5 minute cooldown, when halved (normally 5 charge, 10 cooldown). So, 7.5 minutes, shot to shot.

>apparently my nerf wasn't saved
Well I guess it's a 5 minute charge then.

Oh well, I don't really see it as an issue. That said, it would make for some interesting tactics. I suppose two AMCs is for ensured whale busting.

>So no matter how big and lumbering your ship is, you can always Blink out of the way of the AMC shot.
>Remember that there's technology to reduce the cooldowns of AMCs by half (ala the Heat contract).
You're both wrong, you pick blink Drive and Anti-Mat Cannon, now you can hit anything by blinking to align with cannon with their weapon right before shooting it. Nothing can escape you

Lucky quad sevens is correct.

That sounds like you're pigeon-holing yourself into a very specific niche that is useless for the other seven minutes of combat.

Why are the number of hanger spaces on Cruisers and above so retardedly small?

Because they're not the primary function of any ship except carriers, and you can buy hangar bays to increase it.