>Provisional /5eg/ Mega Trove
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XuOQpmpzQD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The cavern is collapsing and rubble is falling on the important NPC and the magical item: which do you save, hero?

So none of my group have seen the walking dead or read the comics. I chose the group of bandit antagonists they're facing to be similar to the saviours, their leader of course being based on Negan. They fell for a similar "trap" to Rick and co. with attacking bandit outposts and thinking they could kill them all. Right about now they're due a line up and someone is going to die - the players know any of them can die at any moment. We made that clear from the get go. Any tips on executing this?

What's the thread topic?

Rolled 6, 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 2, 5, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1, 2, 1, 1, 4, 6 = 66 (18d6)

Right, rolling up my character for tomorrows session. Give me strength senpai. Stats in order, rolling a cleric

First time posting it, sorry.

>14
>14
>8
>15
>4
>11
Could have been worse

Deliciously medicore!

I haven't seen the show. How exactly did the trap work?

Kek my wisdom is through the roof. Gonna have to be a faithless and broken cleric who despises his own kind and order

Anyone else think the 5e statblocks are aesthetic as fuck?

Given my piss weak widom, what domain should i go? Thinking war

Basically, Rick meets another group of survivors called Hilltop. They explain that the Saviours and Negan bully them, they take half of their stuff or they get killed.Rick volunteers to kill the Saviours for them in exchange for setting up trade between the two communites. Rick and his people kill a whole bunch of saviours and think it's problem solved. Only later when they travelling to hilltop do they find themselves ambushed, and realise that there are far more saviours than they thought.

Enter Negan:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuOQpmpzQD0

Have you ever put your party in a position where one of them has to die through the hands of another party member?

Like a situation in which someone HAS to be sacrificed or otherwise everyone will die.

No but it sounds like good bants and I know exactly what my group would do.

Druids
are
GHEY!

well what would they do?

Jokes on you, my druid is a Shaman

Yeah my druid is a gender fluid homo/lesbian.

both

Unless they have an NPC follower that's been palling around with them, you can't really pull this off.

As cool as your players say they are, killing a character who has no autonomy over the circumstances of their death is not fun, and they won't like it.

They know they can die any moment, but they can control the circumstances and try to avoid death. Just getting your head smashed in helplessly is not fun.

What's the best class for mini-campaign (4-5 session long) that around level 5-8?

I just backed the Touch of Class kickstarter and bought a bunch of Dungeon Master Guild PDFs (Blood Hunter is hella' cool). How gay am I?

Lucky for me that they do

Very. Class bloat is bad, you should feel ashamed and go back to /pfg/

I highly doubt this.

Yes
Especially when I've dove back into the older books for monsters and the like.

Probably Paladin, Fighter or Barb for a nice mix of tankiness and sweet, sweet damage.

I mean, they did have control of the situation. They got ahead of themselves and started killing folk without doing recon. That's their bad.

I dig how thematic they can get. You get a real idea of the way to play a creature as a DM from them.

Seeing as how the bloodhunter is made by matt mercer ill give you a pass

Sure, but unlike in Walking Dead where they're helplessly lined up, PCs will try fucking everything to get out the situation.

Break out of prison, bolt quickly and head for cover, swarm Not-Neegan and beat him to death with action economy. Seduce Neegan with a great Charisma check. Or pulling some other totally weird bullshit idea that works out of no where that you can't prepare for because they're fucking PCs.

The only way to stop that and have the gravitas of that scene you want, is to railroad them into it, and that is not fun.

They do, they have a little Chinese monk lady they met two sessions ago. She'll be with them when it happens.

Do you let players detect traps and hidden items and so on with passive perception?

They seem very slanted towards combat only information though, which is somewhat disappointing.

Admittedly, yes; which is why I loved looking through the 5th Edition Foes book, with their ecology sections; it's helped me think better on my feet for new things.

YES.
If you don't, do your games progress one square at a time while each square is someone rolling to check for traps?

Shit, if you're going to be checking for traps while walking down this hallway, damn right, that's what passive checks are for.

Monks
are
TRAHSH!

I'm more than happy for them to take whatever approach they like. I'm not going to have them surrounded by 100 guys or anything ridiculous.

It'd be a tough fight but if they want to fight that's what they can do.

That's what I think. If they'd taken a smarter approach things might be different. None of the bandits were unreasonable and none of them attacked first.

These guys are good players, I've been running with them for a few years now. I know what they're like and I've done worse to them before and they laughed it off.

Monks are fast and do a lot of damage and are aesthetic as hell. Plus Open Palm has the only save or die in the game and Shadow Path has the best movement ability in the game. How are they trash, exactly?

I admit the ecologies were useless half the time, but the other half they were fucking great.

I think some thematic out of combat abilities or powers would be nice in the statblocks instead of in the accompanying text.

That said, some of the accompanying text is pretty great too.

He probably got confused with the Way of Four Elements Monk.

>are aesthetic as hell
haha weeb faggot

Is there a lower limit on age? Can I play a 6 month old baby elf wizard?

True, WOT4E is trash.
I play my monk like a classic Wuxia Kung-Fu Movie Antagonist complete with lips that don't match my words.
That depends on your DM, user.

>I play my monk like a classic Wuxia Kung-Fu Movie Antagonist complete with lips that don't match my words.
cringe

Please elaborate?

OP is a DRUID!

Isn't combat info basically the one thing stat blocks are designed to provide?

etools: new and improved
What's changed?

not your diaper, lol
>waves hand in front of my face
shew!

UAStarterSpells got added.

That's... about it, actually.

>China
>Weeb

Thank you.
Hi, Homu.

it's all the same
slants leaping around screaming

people say Theurgy is amazing, but i havent play any cleric subclass before so I don't know which to maximizes the wizard subclass

Guys this is an emergency i need your help

How do i stat this guy

>so I don't know which to maximizes
shut up

fine let me change that to maximizes the my personal fun

I'm thinking of playing a Rogue who's the last living descendent of a Saint of some kind. Going to make him a really generic Rogue who is a member of the church by a technicality and they exiled him for a "Forced Pilgrimage".

Should I make him wear holy robes everywhere or go full crossdressing nun outfit because it's comfier?

Also what would be a good god for him to be a "Priest" of?

shut up Homu

Anyone else feel like the lycanthrope restriction is a bit limited? Would it be a problem if I changed this to "shapechangers" for my warlock player, like with moonbeam?

How would you stat an Aurochs?

Nevermind just using Beholder (spectator, to be honest). Thanks anyway

theyre in volo's yo

Str 20
Dex 10
Con 19
Int 2
Wis 12
Cha 5

Basically, but you do get the occassional flavorful ability, the cloud giant has a wind aura which also extinguishes nonmagical open flames within a 10 foot radius.

Should I play a new Favored Soul, a Satire Bard or a Glamour Bard in my next game?

David Bowie inspired glamour bard

Do your players try to play it smart, or are they the type that charges right at the enemy and hopes they can take them?

My group is strategic as fuck and never plays it straight. This probably has something to do with most having past experience with OSR style D&D where just charging in and wailing on the enemy is going to fucking kill you. Anyhow, they don't fight fair. Not fair at all. They've become more like a group of elite commandos that strike with surgical precision at the enemy leadership and vanish into the night before anyone can react. Before entering any combat (except ambushes where they can't really decide), they will make absolutely sure that the odds are in their favor, in every conceivable way. And since they obviously like that, I've started to change the game to be more like that as well. Impossible odds that *have* to be evened out to even stand a chance. Of course, it makes the actual fights less exciting when they've already weakened the enemy in every way possible, but I guess easy fights is what they're after, and what they work for.

How about everyone else's groups? Do you go all commando or do you just charge in?

I have one group that has absolutely no idea what on earth they're doing at any given time and basically just bullshits their way through everything, surviving by the skin of their teeth, usually through dumb luck.

My other group is a healthy mix: they're smart and cautious but still enjoy leaping in head on every once in a while, usually spurred on by the barbarian.

dude, that's culturally insensitive

Vampires are shapechangers

kek the giant nose loves gold

Dex barbarogue or melee rogue with BB/GFB (obtain from multiclass I guess) or artificer (don't need shield proficiency)

>4
Lel

>Homerule rolling
I've never understood.

Rolled 1, 1, 5, 4, 5, 3, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1 = 35 (12d6)

>using 18d6 instead of 5(6+2d6)

Check it out.

8 Str, 15 Dex, 14 Con, 16 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha.

An autistic weak wizard who somehow has good endurance and coordination.

>Ranged smites
>bow with unlimited ammunition
Why the fuck would you buff that.

I legit can't figure out if you are just
completely retarded or what. Is he really doing that terrible compared to the rest of his group?

I would be mad as fuck if you arbitrarily buffed that shit even more. It is ranged smites, on a class with more level 5 slots than a Paladin, which also regains them on a short rest.

Rolled 5, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3, 6, 4, 6, 1, 6, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2, 2, 4, 5, 4, 2, 3, 3 = 87 (24d6)

Legit is bestest.

17, 16, 13, 11, 10, 10 to freely distribute to anywhere. See. Bestest.

I remember this one GM who made us roll 18d6, arrange as desired.

This meant 3 6s anywhere would allow 18 in a stat. And you could dumb all your highest rolls in 2 stats, but have to deal with shit like 5s for your lowest score.

It was actually pretty cool. It gave a lot of options before we even got past rolling, something point buy doesn't.

I want to marry this dragon

I DM games for a group of girls. These girls are literally normal women who are just a bit nerdy, they are not autistic neckbeards like most on Veeky Forums.

I'm pretty normie too. But I come on Veeky Forums because I like to read on what to do for my next plots, and Veeky Forums offers some decent information if you just lurk.

Story time.

>Be me
>Bored with friends
>Suggest playing D&D
>Friends are up for it, but they don't know how to play
>Friends are girls, so they have no fucking clue how to do anything.
>They don't even play vidya
>I'm not experienced at being a DM, have only ever been a player, but I decide to give it a shot.
>Tell them I'll write up a plot.
>The next day I'm excited and help them make their characters
>They choose joke names instead of serious roleplaying names
>One Dark Elf is named Blue Gummy Bear Tits
>Days pass
>Forget that I'm supposed to do the plot on Saturday
>It's Friday, I realize my mistake
>Have no idea what I'm going to do
>Decide to rip-off the entire Morrowind plotline.
>Replace any recognizable names with more obscure names so they can't ever google my plot and spot my plagarism.
>Morrowind becomes Resdayn
>Dunmer become Drow
>Tamriel is never mentioned, I always say "Nirn"
>Ask my brother to tag along, since he has D&D experience.
>His job is to create an exciting roleplaying enviornment
>Little did I know how abrasive things would become thanks to him.

Should I continue?

So what are the best Cleric spells to abuse with Metamagic on a Sorcerer? We use Spellpoints for Sorcerer's combined with Sorcery Points so I imagine twinned Cure Wounds is the obvious one.

I want to marry this dragon

I'll read your story, user.

>Asking Veeky Forums if we wants storytime.

You must be new.

>asks a question
>gets a reply with a question that can help not make a fucktarded decision
>don't get mad hurr
Oh, so you are retarded.

Sorry mate, my condolences.

I'm glad the ph devotes a full page to explaining that characters can defy the traditional Western patriarchal norms of gender, and encourages me to think about how my character might transgress the boundaries of cisnormative stereotypes.

I mean, they could have just said, "Pick a sex for your character: male or female (none or other might be appropriate choices as well)."

It's actually MORE damaging than a smite. 1st level smites to 2d8, each level above does an extra 1d8. Moon bow is just 2d8 per level.

Good bond for a former slave turned misanthropic fighter? He's a Zhent so he's not going to betray the party, as long as he gets paid. Something like "I am only happy in combat" sounds too edgy.

But then how would the players know that they can make their characters demiqueer for example?

"Adrenaline is my happiness"

I just realised.

Holy fuck. I actually thought it was just a ranged smite on a class with faster progression and more slots, on a SR timer.

That was already super good, and trample on Paladins and their smites mechanic. But it is not even just that. It actually scales better.

Like, what. Why. I can't

If You want to buff it further, you are legitimately an idiot. Unless the rest of the party are super strong somehow, this will make a Warlock outshine anyone else by a large margin, and buffing it further.. . God DAMN man.

that's even gayer

Whos the one playing the misanthropic fighter here. You dont take something edgy to begin with and then try and pretend you need to avoid it.

Will give his life to complete the task at hand?