RPG Ideas

Veeky Forums, I need your help with ideas for my campaign.

Basically, the campaign is to go underground in a complex of crypts and catacombs underneath the capital, where in ancient times, they used to bury their dead. The players are looking for a specific jewel that was supposedly buried there, but I want them to know/feel that the complex is massive - I don't want them to find the right path in the first attempt. I want them to go over random tombs and crypts for a bit before finding the right way to the place they need to go.

So, because of that, I need ideas for what they could run into in those crypts. Naturally, I need ideas for encounters and challenges, but I also need ideas for objects, decoration, etc, all sort of things they could find there.

Just so you guys know, the setting is medieval fantasy in a way similar to Game of Thrones. So naturally, lords and shit have better (and probably private for their family) tombs.

pic related: I'm also looking for ideas for coat of arms, in specific, for this noble family that the players will "find" (go into the tomb of the family), that has been centuries gone (last decedents died long time ago).

tl;dr -> Ideas for encounters/objects/decorations for crypts or tombs. I would also like to hear your stories of things you did as DM or things you ran into as normal player.

Wait I know to which town this belongs. It's MosÄ—dis

House creation thread pls

There is some great ideas here! If you guys want to turn this into a house creation thread, I'm totally okay with that.

I would also like to see more than just images, if possible :) like explanation why would the house use that sigil on its coat of arms, what each thing means, etc...

King Harlaus' Coat of Arms

Try and beat that if you can