>setting has races
>sentient shades of color purple/invertochrono bioplasmoids/bwolbles

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/QTqWE9H8
pastebin.com/PNC9ZLGV
pastebin.com/iKVqFprT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>furries, nuff said
I currently have a 3ft tall Frog dude, a bird man, and a wereboar in my party. Does that mean they're furries?

Yes.

Kill them, then kill yourself, you furshit enabler.

>Not using ben10 aliens as races
You all know nothing of world building

>Does literally anything
>>REEEEEEE REEEEEEE BADWRONGFUN FAGGOT SJW REEE REEE
this is what you sound like OP.

No.
They're only furries if you want to fuck them.

>Setting has races
>Caucasoid/Negroid/Mongoloid

>setting has something

No.

Settings should be human-only because only then characters will have substance instead of being stereotypes.

>But user, if you like humans so much why don't you play as them in multiracial setting?

Because settings with multiple races limit humans too. Instead of wonderful range of characters it reduces them to "average guy" and "unimaginative self-insert".

And when I want to fuck a mermaid?

>Has a setting

Yes, stereotyping by nationality, religion and skin color is so much deeper and more nuanced than stereotyping by ear shape, and surgically removing fantasy elements does wonders for roleplaying in your fantasy roleplaying game.

>Setting has races
>they all used to be human
>but then the bad shit happened
>gibbering subterranean lunatics
>race of demi-humans with hyper-efficient metabolism (but are very sensitive to changes in air quality)
>bored skeletons that wish they had a lich to boss them around (the lich got sick of that shit years ago, brought itself back to life, and is currently worshipped as a god of life and prosperity)
>sapient golems that love to do all the work, but shit-tier techno-regressed humans keep tracking mud into their nice clean ruins

>setting has races
>it's human/Orc/undead/gnome/troll/werewolf/goblin/elf/politically correct elf/dwarf/pandas
Jesus fuck...what were they thinking? That's never gonna work...

>it's a human-only faggotry thread

>Because settings with multiple races limit humans too. Instead of wonderful range of characters it reduces them to "average guy" and "unimaginative self-insert".
this limit exists only in your head

kekked my pants

BLEEEUUUUGHRRGHUUUGBHL

BLEEEUUUUGHRRGHUUUGBHL

BLEEEUUUUGHRRGHUUUGBHL

So if Elves, Dwarves and Humans are all races, what do you call a black or asian dwarf/elf?

What if it's a setting with both original races and elves and dwarves?

BLEEEUUUUGHRRGHUUUGBHL

>black or Asian demihumans
This is what's wrong with games these days.... they're fucking dwarves ffs. They aren't latin/x, transsexual underground druids... they're fucking dwarves

>I'm posting an upset reply in a bait thread!
This is what you sound like.

Well, you should still kill yourself, but because you have Shit Taste in Monstergirls.

Even if they turn human... then what was the Fucking point?

Fish objectively the worst. And by objectively I mean entirely subjectively except I'll argue about it.

YES! We shall all reply in angry tones in the bait thread, for we are all retards, unable to ignore things we don't like. Except for me, I'm not a retard, I'm a monumental dumbass.

>Settings has humans
>All humans are Egyptian
Where is your god now?

Aaru.

>not having human as the default race

I am so sick of these fucking niggers who think they are allowed to play whatever they want in my campaigns. No, your shitty tengu is not allowed. No, your ratfolk is not allowed. No, your catfolk is not allowed. No, your tiefling is not allowed: that is a literal fucking demonspawn. Why the fuck would that be allowed in any campaign, let alone this one? No, you cannot play a drow. You will be shot on sight on the surface. Half these fuckers don't even read Drizz't so they have no excuse for wanting to play a drow, besides "lol it's different." Fuck different. Here's the thing: your race is the most boring fucking part of your character. Unless you do something interesting with it (which 90% of these stupid cunts don't do), then you are just weighing down the game. When you have a thri-keen, some homebrew furry shit, a tiefling and some fuck who wants to play kender, you know what? Fuck this. I made a setting that actually feels somewhat like the real world because it doesn't have 90 different races running around like it's motherfucking Mos Eisley cantina. It's not my fault that YOU are a bad roleplayer who can't be satisfied playing something out of the core book. Create an interesting character, and you can play as a human for the rest of your RPG career. I had groups that were entirely human yet they had personalities that seemed like real people. But no, no one wants to lump in 30 homebrew races plus 60 official wizards of the coast crapshit races they pump out like chocolate because they know it will keep people entertained and requires zero effort on their part. No DM worth shit wants to spend hours and hours putting that in his world. Play. A. Fucking. Human. You need to EARN the privilege of playing another race, by proving you can competently play a normal character first. You don't get the big boy toys until your prove you can be responsible for them.

No, players should be allowed their freedom.

Why are you replying to a copypasta?

>Setting is a "Europeans don't dominate the world" setting
>Its shown as more advanced

Lookin' at you, Marvel

I was hoping that we had a full on autist in the thread who replies to anything disagreeing with him by posting long rants. You know, because seeing angry autists get triggered is fun.

And before you make any comments about my DMing, or that I am a terrible DM, I will let you know that I am one of the most popular DMs in the area. There is a waiting list to get into my games, and it's about sixty names long. I have had (unsolicited) offers of forty or fifty bucks to DM short campaigns. I have perfected my craft over the past fifteen years. Most of you will never have a DM who could even hold a candle to my abilities. I am better than 95% of the DMs on this board for certain, and I am probably in the top 1000 DMs in the entire world. And you know what? That's partly because I create good, consistent settings with a strong tone that isn't diluted by stupid fucking cucks who bring in anime characters or obvious rip-offs that don't fit the tone of the game at all. It's one thing if it's not a serious game but if you want a compelling story, having a walking fucking freakshow for a party does not go toward that at all.

I want to join your campaign and play a half-thri-kreen Drow hybrid.

>No, players should be allowed their freedom.

This kind of entitled attitude is why it is so hard to find a DM these days. No, you are not entitled to shit. You are not entitled to play whatever race you want. Do you think you are entitled to have a fucking lasergun in D&D? Do you think you are entitled to have god powers in a Call of Cthulu game? No. You aren't entitled to shit. Your "freedom" does not mean shit. Learn to compromise, because you better believe your GM who takes it up the ass from you every weekend, compromises a whole fucking hell of a lot.

Do you ever see what it says on those extra races? Homebrew. Supplement. i.e. they are NOT part of the core rules. Therefore it is 100% up to the dungeon master whether those races are allowed. Also they are not part of the core game so the DM is perfectly within his rights to exclude them, AS WELL AS whatever shitty 3rd party books you bring, AS WELL AS whatever shitty homebrew race you bring. Deal. With. It.

And no. that doesn't make them a shitty DM. In fact it makes them a GOOD one for knowing how to focus a setting's tone and give it consistency and identity, instead of diluting it with fifty fucking races. I mean if it's Star Wars or something, that is one thing. But this is D&D. Why the fuck are a minotaur, a thrikreen, a dragonborn, and a fucking gray elf adventuring together?

I had a group once that literally played nothing but non-core races. NOTHING from the Player's book. They ALL needed to be special snowflakes, and they sent me diverse backstories and expected me to weave their worthless fucking piece of shit characters' backstories togethers.

So I sat them down and told them the opening scene, and they had ten minutes to figure out how their characters knew each other. Anyone who couldn't present something consistent at the end, died instantly and rerolled their characters. Three of the four figured it out, the last one got salty and left the game. Good fucking riddance.

Rate my setting's custom races:

Human mutations:
Daomu Zhe (Chinese for Ghoul/Harmful Spirit) are the most common of the human offshoots. From birth they begin developing scar tissue on the top of their skin, which builds up over time. The top of which calcifies into numerous hard plates covering the body. They can't sit still for too long because the plates will begin to grow together, this will happen if a Daomu is bed ridden. They also shed hair, teeth, and nails constantly, and are normally nearly bald except for hair coming out of their oversized ears (one of the few things that don't scar as badly). They have roughly the same physique as humans but are often perceived as shorter due to having a hunched look because of their plating giving them a bulbous back.

Xingxing (Chinese for Ape) are the another one. Take a human, make it stout and pot bellied (essentially giving a human the physique of an orangutan). Give a set of long muscular arms, each with a second set of elbows allowing for better movement (these joints are all double jointed with free movement). Their faces are much more ape like than normal humans, with large lips and flattened nose. Xingxing are often employed as engineers due to the fact their arms can easily reach into holes normal humans could not reach at all.

Mifeng (Chinese for Honey Bee), which are what would occur if you made humans aquatic. large and blubbery like a manatee, grey skinned with many folds. Nearly no nose, and instead prehensile nostrils they can open and close. Large eyes with black irises, making them sun sensitive, and a second set of eyelids to close over them when underwater. No ears, just holes in the side of their head which are also closeable. On their arms are large fleshy flaps that are fairly rigid and used for movement in the water, and their feet are longer and flattened.

Shetou (Chinese for Tongue) are taller and more lithe than humans, base humans describing them as "skeletal". Their originally developed and lived in caves. Their eyes are beady and also light sensitive. They have no lower jaw, instead a single massive tongue that hangs heavily downwards (making them prone to dehydration in hot climates). Their speaking patterns are warped due to an inability to use a lower jaw.

My Thri-Kreen/Drow Hybrid is bettar. They exist because of female Drow on male thri-kreen rape.

Unstable Human Mutation:
Guaiwu (Chinese for Monster) come in a wide variety of physical forms. They are often born to those exposed directly to the Shattered Lights. While the parents will not change their children are often born in freakish forms. Many can not take care of themselves or simply are still born. One in a dozen lives through infancy and one in a hundred live to adulthood. Those that do drew the lucky lot that their mutations have proven in some way useful.

Other:
Xiyiren (Chinese for Lizard Man) are a number of humanoid creatures that appeared inside the continent from beyond the Shattered Lights. They are physically light and slight, having seven limbs including a prehensile tail with webbing between all seven. Superficially they resemble reptiles, except their scales are much more akin to small interlocking shingles, flexible enough one could life and bend them without removing. They use these to glide and fly on thermals. As a cost for their flight they are physically weak compared to humanity. When contacted by humans they refuse to speak of the home they left and how exactly they came through the Shattered Lights, or if they can return to them safely.

>setting has races
>but ethnicity is more important

Setting pitch:
Several hundred years after an occult fueled apocalypse North America has finally become livable once more. Settlers from mainland china live in city states along the west coast, now having declared independence from imperial rule, and struggle in constant conflict with the barbaric tribes to the south and their rattling smoke belching motored vehicles. Dotting the landscape is pieces more valuable than gold. Rubber, chemicals, perhaps even preserved documents on how to make them lie buried beneath the landscape. The California coast has become hostile, and in recent time the city states unstable after breaking away from control of the Imperial Dynasty. With beasts twisted by strange energies, black oil barbarians, and greedy abhumans abounding how can one make their fortune in this new land?

In summary, chinafornia.

pastebin.com/QTqWE9H8

Not sure if I fall into setting stereotypes.

outstanding post

Wait a second. Son, you actually typed all that out?

No, you're wrong. I should be allowed to play my Thri-Kreen/Drow Hybrid, or Throw, and I should be allowed to play a Keyblade welder class.

Everyone plays differently shaped robots

Alright, what's his story? You DO have a backstory for this thing, right?

>Do you think you are entitled to have a fucking lasergun in D&D?
If it's level appropriate and the character has been to the Barrier Peaks.

Drow worship the mantis goddess ayeeda, but rather than actually revere thri-kreen, they enslave and claim them as their own out of jealousy and lust. They were hardened Thri-kreen shells as armor, rape the males, torture the females, and spawn Throw. Throw are trained to be absolutely subservient, but above pure-blooded Thri-kreen, used as sentries and loyal guards.

Not bad, but kinda... hrm.

It's the same problems that always happens with "original" races: they're too monstrous/animalistic.

Alright, I can dig it. Gimme a bit to research some stuff and we can cook this bad boy up.

>Setting has many intelligent races
>Any one of the races are meat-eating predators or omnivores, or worse, they all are

Suspension of disbelief broken, there's a reason only humans broke into civilization while other primates were either hunted out or stayed down.

Wouldn't it only make sense that all the most successful races can eat the widest range of things possible?

You can't please either crowd. Either people get angry that they are rubber forehead races or get angry that they're too "monstrous", even though monstrous has a very subjective definition.

I didn't include other info about them, such as the fact they have three sexes. They have sex very much like mammals do and have live birth then they transfer to a the third gender who has a period of time where they act similar to marsupials with the third gender participating to carry the just birthed live young. Birth happens similar to intercourse depositing newborn young into the carrier.

Also staggered puberty where they have a puberty at age 6 (measuring in earth years) then again at age 40. This occurs in males and carriers, females have one puberty anywhere between 6 and 20.

Only carriers are lactose tolerant as adults and excrete milk through skin similar to some mammals.

Hmm... You know, I was just going to troll with an obvious Drizzt clone but with animoo Keyblades, but the mantis Drow could work.

I mean it's subpar at best, basically just FR Drow with a mantis thing and more magical realm rape shit(which can almost be excused because Drow are batshit insane), but... not the worst I could do.

>>setting has races
>>made in that one GURBS ayy generator

How is that bad?

I mean, assuming the generator didnt failed to do what it pretended to do

It always bothered me that the word "race" is used in games to refer to what are really species. Although if they are all different species then that raises questions about whether or not half elfs/half orcs should be a thing since interspecies hybrids are rare and usually infertile irl

Some more info.

They are six limbed with a tail because where they come from six limbed vertebrates are the norm.

For the "carrier" sex that is also the norm among their "kingdom" (kingdom as in their equivalent of mammals).

They share the fact they are vertebrates and warm blooded with mammals.

Though to speak to the milk it is a good deal difference than ours. What they most often produce is cancerous flesh nodules in their pouch, like moles. These moles then are caught like snags (you may have had a skin snag at some point in your life) which the child then consumes. Carriers for this reason are naturally highly cancer resistant.

Internally they do not share many organs with man because they developed along an entirely different biological line. However they are similar enough that they can manage in earth's environment. They have no lung/diaphragm system, and instead the third smallest set of limbs constantly swing forward and back in order to pump long tube like lungs. They don't have separate urine/blood filtration and excrete toxins through their shingle scales which they shed constantly. They have one organ that handles it.

Their gut in similar to a birds with they form pellets like an owl their regurgitate.

Their heart is six chambered with "high oxygen", "oxygen depleted" and "low oxygen" blood. Meaning that they have a seperate line for blood that has less time to take in oxygen from the lungs that goes to less crucial areas of the body.

Yeah. Some people are capable of typing a post longer than 2 words.

Honestly I was just going to avoid the rape shit altogether, just to polish off some of that edge. I was thinking that they just corrupted Thri-Kreen eggs with dark magic, because their mantis god was like "Hey, you own anything that even looks like me, so go nuts fuckers!"

But yeah, I was going to troll you by making them a legit thing.

Yes, but it's astounding how little can be said with so many words.

Kind of fell flat with that joke, considering the post you replied to was ten words long

I'm sorry to say that I can't understand the problem. I have fun pulling together whatever my players bring to the table.

Could you for one moment stop being such a bitch?
>Waah the DM doesn't make everything exactly the way I want it
Fuck you. Maybe I'm not as good at this as I could be, but maybe instead of whining and not participating, you could actually do some active fucking roleplaying instead of sulking about the fact that your burger wasn't cooked exactly medium rare or whatever.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that does anything at all, which is fucking stupid, because it's here so you all can enjoy it. If you show up to a buffet I made and then don't eat anything for thirty minutes, I'm going to start to get worried but figure that if there was something wrong, you'd tell me.
I'm not a fucking mind reader, so even if it was my fault for not including enough options you liked, you could have at least told me instead of just leaving and expecting me to pick up on it.

It's shetou. You're shetou.

Except the Barrier peaks don't fucking exist in 90% of campaigns. Stop being retarded.

When you run the game, you can make shitty decisions. Until then, the GM is going to throw down the bullshit flag as much as he needs to.

Unless, I suppose, you're going to pay me. My rate is $67 an hour.

Alright, here's the first draft for the Drow-Kreen. Throw. Whatever.

pastebin.com/PNC9ZLGV

Need to work on the writing, add a description, and tweak the mechanics. Debating if I should add a bite, psionics (spells), and multiple limbs.

Based

Chill man, my goal was to get this: As I stated here:I'm an asshole online, but at least during games my DM and I work together to negotiate on what best suits mine and the other players wants and his goals for the campaign, compromising in order to make sure everyone involved is having fun.

Because isn't that the main goal of hanging out with friends and rolling dice? To make sure everyone enjoys themselves?

>Unless, I suppose, you're going to pay me. My rate is $67 an hour.

You really need money, don't you? Ever tried applying for a real job?

You may have heard of this thing called the dark ages?

Veeky Forums: "We were trying to troll each other but accidentally created content instead."

What if THEY want to fuck you

Yeah and it's fucking shit, great job. Also if you count 30 second posts and someone's vomit into a paste bit 'content' you have a low bar.

To be fair, I made it little more than !FR bullshit. If I were actually to make a good Drow civilization I'd do nocturnal Chaotic Neutral savages living out in an African savannah, but with more deadly monsters.

Why is it shit?

Forgot Minotaur, you pleb!

Partly because i designed it to be, like I said here: It MIGHT have merit. Mantis Drow could be interesting, but they'd need a lot of work from what I've given.

$67 an hour is what I make at my real job. Where I write and edit. You know, professionally.

i.e. don't come to my table to waste my fucking time. It's valuable.

So now that you've told us what you don't like, how about sharing with us the much shorter list of what you do like? Or is it that you don't actually know how to create decent races yourself, but prefer to criticise everyone else?

Drow-Kreen 2: Electric Boogaloo.

pastebin.com/iKVqFprT

Added a brief physical description, tweaked the ability mods, and added a poison ability because I thought it made for a nice visual.

Yeah, I wish that worldwide phenomena never happened. All those Asian and African countries could be colonizing our solar system by now.

>i.e. don't come to my table to waste my fucking time. It's valuable.
so sayeth man on Veeky Forums

>he thinks writing and editing makes you this much
>he doesn't realise writing and editing pays by words, not by hours

>he doesn't know publishing houses pay hourly
>he's a "professional"

>he thinks publishing houses pay writers hourly
>he thinks editing at a publishing house pays that much

Keep up the lie, mate.

>sapient golems that love to do all the work

those are mine, are those acceptable? r8 and h8

>lagomorph
>pandaren

I stopped scanning after I spotted these two.

Neither are furry

Only Felinin, Nezumi and Flitzlitzen are

Mate, if they have anything even remotely resembling rabbit or panda features, they're furry.

it's autistic.

Like GURPS.

They have human faces, they all do save for the 3 I lsited since all are genetically modified Vanilla race. They are allowed to 'pursue greatness' by trying varius genetic modifications, but the rule is they must resemble humans

I hate it too. I strawpolled my players though before creating the campaign and they all vote for Tolkien races. Then when asked what kind of game they wanted to play they mostly said Dnd Dungeon Crawl

>Not tailoring your world to the preferences the players enjoy

I'm not a contracted freelancer writer. I'm what's known as a purchaser. Which means I do a lot of reading and editing and a little bit of writing.

Cheers, though. It's nice when morons out themselves.

I usually let my players play any species they want in my campaign as long as:
A.The species is intelligent and has some appendages to interact with items.
B.The species isn't one of the few exclusively evil races in my setting like Illithids and Driders.
C.The race actually exists in the setting.
I can understand not letting your players play certain races but there is no reason to be an asshole about it since having monsters as PC can add some interesting challenges.