How would you run a superhero game in a medieval setting?

How would you run a superhero game in a medieval setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9IMYQYQ6ZuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Super dudes touch magic thing
>Get sent to King Arthur times
>Stop evil shit while finding a way back to their time

Jesus is real Christianity proven correct

Real medieval?
Church wants you dead because you challenge their status quo.

Peasants will turn you over a loaf of bread and fear of inquisition.

Exalted but less retarded.

Why there is semen trying to impregnate his head?

Isn't that just Dungeons & Dragons?

Knight of the Round Table styled game except all the knights have superpowers. Also this

Nah. Dungeons and Dragons doesn't allow you to shoot lasers out of- I mean it doesn't let you fly- umm. You can't see everywhere- well you can't cause nuclear explosio- OH COME ON that's a THING? At least you can't throw giant boulders at peo- dammit. Goddamit.
What CANT you do in D&D?

fight bandits assailing caravans
stop people attempting to rob the storehouse of its valuable grain
save people from buildings that collapsed due to shoddy construction
keep people from being beaten by thugs
protect people from the more egregious abuses of the church
uphold chivalry, to the letter, to inspire people to be the best they can be

have fun

Kinda like this

I tip my fedora to you, kind sir

Okay let's make a list of powers and their D&D equivalents.
>Flight
>Super strength
>Laser eyes
>Super speed
>Temporary invulnerability
>Super durability
>Telekinesis
>Fire blasts
>Cryokinesis
>Pyrokinesis
>Ferrokinesis

Time travel
They are superheroes in medieval times but basically just normal dudes from today.
Superpower is having a time phone and being able to use google and shit like that.

We just played pathfinder and used the Vigilante class. It works better than you'd think

Rip off 1602.

You run a super hero system, then set it in a medieval setting.

Mid to High level 3.pf using tier one classes?

The name's doubly apt because King Arthur being on a raised fucking throne defeats the ENTIRE POINT of the Round Table.

youtube.com/watch?v=9IMYQYQ6ZuE

I've been looking to run or play these three, and they're not a bad choice in any case:

Rule of Cool's "Legend" system has that one feat that makes you Daredevil and has that one feature track that makes you a Kamen Rider type of guy, plus late game explicitly has everyone at demigod power level and able to do shit like run up snowflakes in a blizzard.

FantasyCraft would mostly be a matter of the GM running it like it's one and leveraging some of those special campaign rule options to double-down on the superheroics.

OpenLegend is a generic system designed with both fantasy and superheroes in mind, so it'd be damn easy to do.

Everyone is Knights with magic, gadgets, or some other sort of gimmick. Sort of like Shovel Knight.

Play a Wizard in DnD, the martials are your mundane sidekicks

This
D&D but the Martials are actually useful

I mean basic D&D plot hooks work just fine for a medieval fantasy setting
>Evil Wizard attempt to take over a kingdom
>Dragon attacks a town
>Army of orcs on the horizon
>Demon invasion

Shit man, this here is the secret to balancing d&d. Everyone has the superpowers.

>Martial are the Jimmy Olsen to the Casters Superman
This explains so much

Arthur was the fucking king of course he was above everyone else, the point of the round table was all the Knights were equal

Shovel Knight is actually a great inspiration in terms of tone. What is the Order of No Quarter if not a group of supervillains?

This.

Sooo... 4e?

Not necessarily. It isn't a matter of powers or fantasy. It's a matter of style and presentation.

The Scarlet Pimpernel, for example. He had no powers. He didn't fight against anything fantastic. Still arguably the first example of the modern superhero.

Bump

Wouldn't superman be BTFO by the average D&D wizard?

Not really. All of his saves are extremely high, he has energy resistance for every category, he has damage reduction, and he can just eye lazer the wizard attacking him.

Morte D'Arthur is a good start, but it'd probably lead to Celtic Arthur.

I don't think I could not put in The Faerie Queene, and have the superhero Redcrosse fight a serpent that vomits catholic literature.

Magic treats Superman the same as anybody else.

Which according to his DC Adventures stat block means he loses the impervious quality on his toughness.

No. He just doesn't have any special immunity to it. A magic missile is going to do piss all against superman. A force cage can be broken with a few 20d8+185 superman punches.

Magic missiles won't do shit to him, but polymorph, bestow curse, or feeblemind can really fuck him up.

Eh he's got a +15 will save so he has a decent chance to shrug those off.

Yeah but that still means he has 18 toughness even if it isn't Impervious it can still tank most things

Yeah any super in the PL 15 or higher range like superman is ridiculous even if you limit them to only the standard amount of power points.

I'd say since he's epic levels he easily has +25 to his will saves, +40 to his fort saves, and +40 to his reflex saves.

Yes though grogs will never admit it was good

I'm just going off his dc adventure statblock which while d20 based isn't a direct one-to-one with D&D.
I mean yeah if you actually stated him in 3.5 he would be just an absurd pile of giant numbers.

If I wanted to use a superhero system for a fantasy game, what system would you guys recommend? I've heard people like using M&M for that kind of thing, but I think I've also heard people like Savage Worlds.

Mutants & Masterminds 2e has a sourcebook specifically for fantasy, Warriors & Warlocks.

I haven't messed with Savage Worlds at all, though I've got the book and I've skimmed it a bit.

Mutants&Masterminds is the go to for me
But you might be able to swing it with Wild Talents if you want to go for a grittier experience

Marvel 1602 might give some inspiration in running a pre-industrial Superhero setting

Demon Knights exist from DC new 52?

My thoughts exactly. Make some good-guys with similar skill and gimmicks and you have a fine superhero team. Knights in colorful armor with flaming swords or laser spears or whatever.

>What is a man?
A miserable pile of secrets.

>What is a Superman?
just an absurd pile of giant numbers.

Shit checks out.

I'd rather run an Age of Sail/Age of Exploration supers game

No in 4E all the players needed to have brain cancer.

Or either of these

>Flight
Fly
>>Super strength
Gaunlets/poition/belt of _____'s Strength
>>Laser eyes
>>Super speed
>>Temporary invulnerability
>>Super durability
HP,the tough feet,blade ward
>>Telekinesis
Mage hand,Telekensis
>>Fire blasts
Firebolt,Fireball,burning hands,meteor storm
>>Cryokinesis
Chill touch, ray of frost,frostbite, conjure elemental
>>Pyrokinesis
Firebolt,fireball,burning hands,meteoer storm,conjure elemental

>Everyone has the superpowers.
Basically yes.

Book of weeaboo fightah magics, senpai.

>>>Laser eyes
Scorching Ray and Disintegrate fit the bill
>>>Super speed
Haste
>>>Temporary invulnerability
Globe of Invulnerability

Any super system worth its salt can replicate any and all D&D spells and D&D has a spell for just about every superpower

I'd probably watch He-Man a lot and use that.

That'd do it all right

Not medieval but close enough

American Gladiator

One of my players is playing in our 5e game is playing a peasant stone sorcerer who got his powers from a magical meteor that landed in a field. He's pretty stupid INT-wise, but has really nice strength, constitution, and charisma. Goes around helping out the poorer folk under the name of, "Stonewall." He's basically a super hero.

Also any ideas for costumes will be passed onto him.

I say have that at-will AC boost ability give them a different look. MAYBE even a costume if you want to fully and explicitly embrace the superheroics of it.
A transformation sequence would certainly be pushing it.