/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Dr. Dag edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Ascended Sleepers and Ash Vampires

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/qxP14mpG
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vivec_and_Mephala
youtube.com/watch?v=uEg4IRX0mBc
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Races
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Races
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It IS a relatively informal document, but you say that as if the Thalmor drop their superiority act when no one is watching. They don't.

I've got a question

After the Empire occupied Morrowind, the leaders of Indoril committed ritual suicide rather than live under foreign rule. How did Indoril become the biggest Temple worshipers? Wouldn't they be salty at the tribunal for selling them out to the Empire?

>misinformation
like what?
>headcanon
like what?

Meanwhile, YOU haven't given any solid reasoning that hasn't already been refuted as to how Ulfric could possibly still be under Thalmor control.

This still?

"Asset" does not mean he is working for them. Asset means he is inadvertantly playing into the Thalmor's plans by weakening the Empire. In reality he's just a self-serving megalomaniac, but not a thalmor agent.

Do Dunmer have open relationships when they marry? Or is the promiscuity pre marriage and they are expected to be faithful when married?

Correct. Asset is not the same thing as sleeper agent like some of these morons are saying he is, which he is most definitely not.

Dunno, is Vekh's deal with Tiber Septim common knowledge? I always assumed that the ones that committed suicide were a fringe faction and that the rest of House Indoril is more mellow

Can people try to be less autistic than the entire second half of the last thread?
Thanks.

>like what?
"Ulfric is not a Thalmor asset" "Ulfric does not answer to the Thalmor" "Ulfric is not cooperative with his Thalmor handlers" "the Thalmor only call Ulfric an asset because the civil war benefits them" "the dossier is a legal document so they refuse to admit that they lost control of Ulfric in it" and most recently after being called on the last one by someone else "the Thalmor would still lie even in what amounts to a glorified 'note to self' to preserve their 'superiority act'" (which, apart from being your headcanon, is also shifting the goalposts; unsurprising coming from someone who has been spewing shit nonstop as-is)

>that hasn't already been refuted
Protip: Saying someone has poor reading comprehension/has misinterpreted a text without demonstrating how is not refutation.

Shut up dumb n'wah.

>should be considered dormant

it's like you retards don't even read the entire thing

>"Asset" does not mean he is working for them.
Not necessarily, but in this case it does. It is stated in plain terms that the Thalmor established contact with him in Skyrim, and it is only noted that he later became uncooperative to direct contact.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that the people convincing themselves otherwise (or at least this person in particular) in the face of all evidence are all edgy /pol/-tier retards that conflate this fictional character with a symbol of their juvenile ideology. It's the only explanation I can imagine to idolise an obviously fictional character so much that you craft a delusion around protecting his reputation.

Is Ulfric brainwashed or hypnotised somehow? Possibly, but probably not. Does he WANT to bend over for the Thalmor? Judging by the Stormcloak ending, no. Does he bend over for the Thalmor anyway? EMPHATICALLY YES.

Considering how racist Brunwulf says Ulfric is and how the guards don't stop people harassing the Dunmer in the Grey Quarter I think poltards just love Ulfric. White, ruler of a city, has super unique magic only a few can use, is lul freedom fighter standing up to the big gubbment.

Sounds like Thalmor BS to me. What they can do and what they think they can do are two very different realities.

>reality

elflaughter.jpg

>this person in particular
>edgy /pol/-tier retards
Ohhhhh, honey. You struck out again. And look, you STILL haven't given any solid evidence that shows Ulfric is controllable in any way. Listen to what the other user said, you get hung up on the word "asset" and misinterpret what it means to the Thalmor.

Supposedly what's-her-face, Balgruuf's housecarl, was originally going to be Ulfric's but was moved to Whiterun because they didn't want to re-record voice lines with a different VA or something (since the game was originally going to start in Windhelm). Might have details of that wrong and it's just something I heard, but the salient point is that Ulfric was supposed to have a dunmer housecarl to show that he didn't hate dunmer, it's just that THOSE dunmer are shitters (as the dunmer that live outside the city walls will also tell you).

>EMPHATICALLY YES
Oh man, I can't wait to see what twisted logic you use to back up this humdinger.

>Stormcucks this triggered

lol dumb nords

>Ohhhhh, honey.
nice meme

>You struck out again.
"You're wrong" is still not an argument.

>And look, you STILL haven't given any solid evidence that shows Ulfric is controllable in any way.
>He was made to believe information obtained during his interrogation was crucial in the capture of the Imperial City
>After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth
Sounds pretty controllable to me!

>you get hung up on the word "asset"
Yeah you're probably right, I get hung up on the word "asset" and also the words "contact" and the words "becoming" and "uncooperative" being used together.

>misinterpret what it means to the Thalmor.
With all due respect (none), what you think it means to the Thalmor is nothing but headcanon and is not corroborated by the text.

Is there a province orcs haven't settled? They seem everywhere from Skyrim to High Rock to Cyrodiil.

Are these spergs who think Thalmor assets assigned to specific Thalmor officers are not under Thalmor influence also the spergs that think the Thalmor are after the Towers? Just curious, seems like a similar line of reasoning.

What exactly do you think "contact was established" means? From what I gather, you seem to think Ulfric was fucking bowing to them. That's neither here nor there anyway, as you and I keep mentioning, they lost said "contact," but apparently you don't think that means anything and he's still their mindless puppet. No reasoning, no logic, all I'm getting from you is blatant ignorance of the words on the page.
>headcanon
There's that word again. It doesn't mean what you think it means. Hint: it's not "things I disagree with"

Tell me about the Thalmor.

What's the next step in their master plan?

I'm curious about mummies, Daggerfall seems to be the only game that has them right? What makes them rise up and be nasty

Probably, people who consign themselves to one edgy crackpot r/teslore theory tend to do so for most other edgy crackpot r/teslore theories. Same goes for the /v/-tier theories. I bet they believe House Redoran invented gravity too.

Mother. Clucking. Sunbirds.

Dagoth Ur

A Lotta ambition for a slow reproducing race.

Summerset for sure.

And I don't remember, was there an Orc stronghold on Vvardenfell?

Of course. What else is a male Orc slave good for besides fucking your sex starved wife?

>"So Medora wants the Dust of Restful Death. Only because I respect the memory of King Lysandus will I do this. The Dust can be found in (dungeon) on her own island. Tell Medora that the price is her support of my claim to the heart. She'll know what it means."

Orcs are everywhere the Empire is, though I doubt more traditional Orcish settlements are common in remote places like Black Marsh and Alinor.
I don't have the PDF with me, but I also seem to remember some Orcish mercenary working for the An-Xileel in The Infernal City.

>implying male orcs are good for anything besides fucking
Literally the training, smithing, hunting, and healing are all done by female stronghold orcs. The papa orc does fucking diddly besides bone them.

They aren't even good for that, orcs have micropeni.

meant for

Nordfag from last thread pls go, we don't need another retarded poster. Go wanker Eorlund elsewhere.

Mummies aren't actually mummies. They're Dremora that have been drunk off Sujamma for a couple hundred years who passed out thinking they were going to bang some Golden Saints at their house in the Shivering Isles, only to wake up in some dank shithole dungeon in Highrock, covered in toilet paper and locked in a coffin to the delight of a couple snickering Scamps.

t. M'aiq

>What exactly do you think "contact was established" means?
That he received orders, rather than acting independently in a way that only coincidentally benefited the Thalmor as you seem to suggest. They also didn't lose contact, it merely became more difficult to maintain direct contact, and it is also stated in plain terms that direct contact is still a possibility in case of emergency.

>No reasoning, no logic, all I'm getting from you is blatant ignorance of the words on the page.
Funny, that's what I'm getting from you. Let's break it down, one thing at a time. The whole document. You have made it abundantly clear that you need to be spoonfed, so we're going back to grade school for this one, lads.
pastebin.com/qxP14mpG

One day the Orcjiit will be canon.

M'aiq, do Khajiit like to sneak, maneuvers silken and sleek?

It is common knowledge afaik, but it makes sense that Indoril leaders suiciding would lead to more "pro-imperial" side to take their positions.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold it against either party if that was the case, considering most Dunmer marriages are political in nature and they'd have to live with each other for multiple centuries.

Do you want me to go into detail in every key point that flew ten feet over your head? Just say so, and I will, but I hesitate to waste my time on you since you haven't made yourself seem like your very keen on listening to anything that doesn't fit your headcanon. Nearly every statement you made is taken out of context.

Dunmer promiscuity is a meme.

>said the Dunmer wench muffled by the three Nord cocks in her mouth

Vivec and Almalexia's existence disproves this.

The Dunmer don't view Vivec as a sex god.
>The Dunmer do not envision Lord Vivec as a creature of murder, sex, and secrets. Rather, they conceive of Lord Vivec as benevolent king, guardian warrior, poet-artist. But, at the same time, unconsciously, they accept the notion of darker, hidden currents beneath Vivec's benevolent aspects
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vivec_and_Mephala
And Almalexia is viewed as a mother figure.

The Dunmer's internal views and the manner in which they carry out their lives couldn't be more different.

>The Dunmer don't view Vivec as a sex god.
Doesn't mean he isn't into some kinky ass shit.

>And Almalexia is viewed as a mother figure.
Exactly, a MILF figure.

Well, Dunmer are those kind of conservatives that keep very prudish image (Tribunal religion forbids homosexuality for example which is kinda rare in Tamriel), but practice orgies behind closed doors.

So basically Dunmer are massive fucking hypocrites on this subject, nothing new for them.

Also, it would seem that Chimer were really decadent and sex crazed (they worshipped bad daedra like King of Rape), so I suppose Tribunal wanted to tone that down because it was feeding bad daedra.

Just stop.
Even the Real Barenziah makes it clear that Dunmer promiscuity is just a meme .

(I feel like it should also be mentioned that the Real Barenizah always refers to Elves in general, never just Dunmer.)

>Tribunal religion forbids homosexuality
It does?

Molag Bal is said to regularly distrupt Dunmer bloodlines. That's pretty clear reference to promiscuity in form of adultery and rape.

>The practice of piercing the Second Aperture is now forbidden.
>They took their spears out and compared them. Vivec bit new words onto the King of Rape's so that it might give more than ruin to the uninitiated. This has since become a forbidden ritual, though people still practice it in secret.
Kind of. Anal is forbidden, and so is "spear biting". But the Sermons also note that people still do it in secret, so there you go.

>being raped is now being promiscuous
Wow really?

Haven't you read the Sermons? Sermon 33 clearly forbids "piercing of second aperture" aka anal sex and "biting of pears" is forbidden in another Sermon. Of course they seem to be apply to heterosexual relations too, but homosexuality is pretty much made impossible by them. Pretty much same what old times sodomy laws were IRL with exception that animal sex apparently (probably because of beast race slaves) isn't forbidden.

>"Dunmer promiscuity is just a meme" claims young Dunmeri woman, still hobbling from last night's Khajiit dicking.

Molag Bal is said to 'try' and distrupt dunmeri bloodlines, as in "hey having sex with other races is the work of the devil so don't do it it."
The implication has nothing to do with, and if anything disassociates from the idea of all Dunmer being sluts.

The truth of the matter of elven promiscuity, in fact promiscuity for all races, is exactly as Symmachus puts it.
"Some are, some aren't."

Not, but raping things is promiscuous. I know this would make Dunmer males promiscuous too, but I'd say that makes sense considering Vehk.

>homosexuality is pretty much made impossible by them
Oh, my sweet summer child. You clearly lack experience or imagination.

Also the Sermons say that people still suck dick even if Vivec tells them not to.

>implying khajiit aren't the most degenerate as they take their housecat sized breeds and have them split open by a gigantic barbed battlecat dick.

Yeah, I know. My original point was that Dunmer are most sexually conservative race in theory, but most perverted in practice.

But surely nobody within a race has individualism! Obviously everyone is exactly the same, and are defined by their race!

The Real Barenziah was written by Plitinius Mero, an Imperial who hasn't seen jack shit outside court politics of Mournhold where a sex scandal getting out would mean the end of you.

>this entire post
It always amused me that there was a group of people so dedicated to protecting the sexual reputation of a fictitious race of people whose main gimmick is being huge fucking sluts. I mean you completely disregard all established lore to do so, it's unreal.

>whose main gimmick is being huge fucking sluts
Not him, but what do you mean it's their main gimmick?

In social culture, I mean. Should have been clearer.

Don't know much about the Dunmer, how so?

Isn't the biggest slut in Skyrim Haelga, a Nord?

We don't even see a Dunmer sleeping around, IIRC. In fact the Mara priestess is a Dunmer with a Redguard husband and they are both all, "loyalty and clean living" and that.

>"Hey guys, I sucked some dick and accidentally created this whole dicksucking chain reaction. Turns out marrying the King of Rape results in some weird shit. Anyway, could you all just stop sucking any more dick?"
>"Sure thing, Lord Vivec"
>Vivec poofs out of existence to go put his dick into something weird.
>Dunmer immediately resume sucking dick the moment he disappears.
Such is life in Morrowind.

>Plitinius Mero, an Imperial who hasn't seen jack shit outside court politics of Mournhold
Uh, wasn't he with Barenziah in Daggerfall?

I'd argue just for its own sake that the idea that a Daedric Prince needing to scheme to corrupt Dunmer bloodlines would sorta imply they are HARD to corrupt.

Don't you have another argument to get BTFO elsewhere?

Basically, orgies everywhere. Morrowind is one of the few places where it's common to have a strip club. Young Dunmer women engage in the practice of taking khajiit barbs as a rite of passage.
Well duh, that's in Skyrim, not Morrowind. Dunmer culture just barely survives as far as Windhelm.

M8, please don't have another enraged autistic hulk-out

It always amuses me that there is a group dedicated to the idea that this fictitious group of people are somehow entirely defined by a monolithic sexuality.

Were all discussing lore here user, don't act like your somehow taking a high road.

Sorry, I like to shitpost when other people shitpost.

>Basically, orgies everywhere.
Expand on this?

>Young Dunmer women engage in the practice of taking khajiit barbs as a rite of passage.
Wasn't that just Barenziah?

youtube.com/watch?v=uEg4IRX0mBc

>A TES game will never be anywhere near this METAL ever again.

The Real Barenziah was written while she lived in Wayrest.

It's not hard to get sick, but Pery still tries to make people ill.

Biters are best race. Wished there was a mod to add them into ruins of Molag Amur. They would try to remove your pants and then bite your spear complete with new animations.

Then I could roleplay pious Ordinator crusader that would fall and become a Biter himself after being bitten by those degenerates.

Ah true. Still, the point stands that Mero probably isn't an expert authority on ALL Dunmeri culture.

Does Tamriel have a Veeky Forums filled with autists and neckbeards too?

Where do THEIR autists and neckbeards go when they got nothing to do?

My favorite part about tgesg is when people come out of nowhere to bitch about topics that have already been communally decided as if they have anything productive or new to add to the conversation.

>Where do THEIR autists and neckbeards go when they got nothing to do?

They become Mage's Guild members

Dreamsleeve can be used like internet afaik. Also, I suppose if Dwemer had a radio (not confirmed, but there's lots of evidence), they (ab)used that when they got bored and lonely.

Was common among the Tribunal, it can be expected that it was common elsewhere.
>just Barenziah
I highly doubt the practice was just isolated to Barenziah. I mean she had to pick up on it from somewhere.

In short, stereotypes don't come from nowhere.

>Was common among the Tribunal
As in those three people?

Almalexia makes Barenziah look like catholic nun really.

I'd say he's an authority on the subject. Go read his dialogue from Morrowind, he's very well informed.

>"Hmmm...yes, well. I suppose I have written one thing you might have read. You see, there was a time I worked as a scribe for a beautiful young queen. I was young and ambitious, perhaps a bit too much of either for my own good. After great deal of research, I was able to publish a biography."
>"Why, "The Real Barenziah," of course! I felt it my duty to give to history a true and honest account of this remarkable woman. The story I presented, while true, was perceived as scandalous. My exuberance for the tale was left unchecked by wisdom, and I fear I caused some damage to the woman, not to mention the Imperial family."
>"If you've read the work, you'll know that Queen Barenziah is many things--but she is not shy, and she is not ashamed of how her life was led. She knew my work to be true, and I believe she felt a sense of amusement, if not satisfaction, at the tale's telling. She protected me from the Imperial family, and spread the word of my demise at her guards' hands. Since then, I have traveled with her under this name, acting as her scribe, her advisor, and dare I say...her friend. I could ask for no greater honor."

Wouldn't be surprised if they did desu. They aren't the tallest fellows, and all that muscle's gotta be compensating for something. Not saying it affects their sex drive though, they still do plenty of raping.

>Meanwhile in Tamriel

Dude SHUT THE FUCK UP Japanese smiths were way better than German ones!

Slavic women are the most promiscuous race, they have mudslime and chink fucking as their rite of passage.

Hurr "The Real Catherine the Great" was false dude!

Trump is a sleeper agent of the Chinese guys

>You see, there was a time I worked as a scribe for a beautiful young queen
He definitely worked more than his quill when around Barenziah.

The Temple Zero Society

>As in those three people?
Yes, those three people.

It's kinda weird when people paint races with broad strokes and say all members of a particular one are (blank).

He's an expert on Barenziah and her life, not necessarily the habits of other Dunmer.

>They aren't the tallest fellows
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Races
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Races
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

In Skyrim and Oblivion Orcs are the 2nd tallest race after Altmer, tying with Nords in Oblivion and being slightly shorter in Morrowind.

>muscle's gotta be compensating for something
Actually Redguards and Nords have the higher strength in game, not Orsimer.

Also the Orc chieftains don't actually use their strength like 99% of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually skinny under their armour or clothing, or quite chubby.