Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

The Big Reveal Edition

How do you unveil major setting elements that were hidden at chargen? Like revealing entire races the players, IC and OOC weren't aware of? Or huge revelations about the nature of the world?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/kobold-press/ascetic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If possible, unveiling major setting elements is something that should be done within increments.

You let the players find them. Don't rail road, just let things go naturally.

A GM of mine had an entire race of snakes that evolved to look like normal humans after generations of breeding in dark caves. Eventually one was born almost perfectly to resemble a human, aside from a few scales on her stomach.

This snake NPC ended up secretly usurping the throne to a city, and became the queen. We as the players had the chance to investigate more and find out she was a snake person but we never did. I only learned after the game had finished early that we ran into a snake person (which happened to be that queen.) apparently there were a lot more snake people in the world living among humans...

What was their goal though? Well they wanted to interbreed with humans so that they could integrate secretly into society, kinda like body snatcher, except more like underground cave immigrants.

At a time where it's game relevant and the players have time to digest and explore it. If it's a dramatic swerve, use it as a cliffhanger. If it's a new culture or bit if mechanics, give them some time to play around with it, potentially with a helpful NPC explaining things when necessary.

I don't have the patience for that.

I read a lot of Forgotten Realms novels, and the big reveals come right before the final battles.

I can't feed PCs a little at a time, because they aren't always at games. They wouldn't even check their email when I send out information relevant to their character.

>Reptiles evolving to become humanlike

I sense mad science involved, or XCOM alien science

Or Yuan-ti

wtf is that I love it

I sprang the thing out of a sudden, but I left a small trail of unconclusive clues that something was going quite wrongly in the city.

And now they know that their final enemy is going to be an eldritch abomination, old god style. The setting is high power high fantasy, though, so less facing a horror theme and more mutation themed enemies and stuff.

No it was a divine centered campaign, very low magic, took place in a large desert. Very fantasy like esq Arabian Knights vibe.

The original artwork for the "Threat from the Sea" series. If you put all four books (trilogy + anthology) together, you would get that picture.

This picture is from the TPB edition.

Is /pfg/ just slow and empty when its not shitposts?

Seems like it.

Let's play a game of "Continue, Enshrine, Delet" for common PFG memes.
>waifus
>2hu
>shitposting
>reee /pol/
>Paizo sucks
>Crystal Frasier sucks
>runny on that cunny
>bamboozle
>DHB

etc.

Alternatively, you could do Marry, Fuck, Kill but I don't know how you can fuck an idea.

Enshrine DHB

I want to marry waifus!

>bbeg gets murdered in his sleep
>characters get sidetracked from investigating
>one decides to visit his wife in their summer house further north where she is in mourning
>leaves by himself and specifically doesn't tell the other characters where he is going
>wife invites him inside and asks him about his fellows
>he gives her tons of details about his entire group
>she makes a move on him and she turns out to be a succubus ends up draining all his levels and he dies
>characters don't know where he went so the only way they recovered his shit was by making up some bullshit about how his pet animal could follow his scent
>they don't even kill the succubus, only drive it off

Was I a dick here? They were only level 4 but it was meant to be difficult, although the succubus would flee if confronted in a straight up fight (which she did as soon as the rest of the party arrived).

Shitposting is all we know.

Would this be a good hotfix for the Kineticist? I'm not totally feeling the Legendary one.

>Internal Buffer gained at level 1: current Burn limit becomes size of Internal Buffer. Cannot be refreshed without pinging yourself or rest.
>Elemental Overflow requires you to spend X points of Burn instead of have X Burn. BAB patch costs 1 Burn and scales with level, enhancement bonuses cost 3, 5, 7 Burn respectively.
>Energy blasts add full Con to damage

Has anyone used Iron Tortoise stance from PoW?

It looks like fun but I can't figure out how to fit it into a build without taking a PoW class.

The fix I generally go with is to give the Kineticist a Combat Stamina pool.

Standard talents that use burn to cast a mid-combat effect (infusions, primarily) drain an amount of stamina equal to the burn cost. This stamina recovers normally.

Talents that provide long-standing effects in exchange for burn drain your stamina for the duration of the effect or until you rest for a night, whichever comes first.

So far, it's almost completely fixed the class for my group.

Enshrine Paizo sucks, Crystal sucks, bamboozle games, waifus
Continue 2hu, DHB, shitposting, memegames
Delet reee /pol/, runny on that cunny

You guys seen this Ascetic archetype for Cleric by Kobold Press?
What the actual fuck is this?
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/kobold-press/ascetic/

Is the SRD lacking information or does this seriously give you a bunch of shit for absolutely free?

Which app gives the best lap pillow, /pfg/?

>Visiting wife of BBEG
>be alone with said wife

Dick? No, thats just a dumb move in general

I was going to say something about
>accepting said advances in the first place
But he might have been charmed

So how functional can I make throwing weapons work with just first party content? Haven't ever strayed much into the realm of non-magical ranged combat.

throwing weapons are total ass with 1pp only
just refluff a longbow

6th level fighter can actually kinda do okay since they can do it without actually needing items, but you still have the problem of using throwing weapons. Which are shit.

Anyone know any cheeky ways to get WIS to AC with SoP? Archetypes that stack with Sphere are also fine.

Well, my DM's usually allow DSP and PoW. Does this alleviate some of the issues at all?

Throwing builds are totally doable with PoW. Plenty of love for them there.

prescient dodger

What classes/disciplines would you suggest then, if you don't mind my asking?

Any titty monster, especially if they have 16+ strength

I'd suggest a Hawkguard Warder with a focus on Solar Wind, Tempest Gale and a bit of Piercing Thunder.
Grab the Ricochet Weapon feat so you don't have to be in Phantom Sun Stance all the time. Or just have a bunch of throwing weapons, I suppose.

Impossible without a belt of mighty hurling

Anyone know a good 3pp resource for magic items?
Armor, specifically?

You want a woman that isn't necessarily a motherly type, but one that can be lovey-dovey when the right man catches her eye.

She needs a lyrical voice and good conversation for humming and sweet talk.

Large, soft thighs are paramount, and large breasts tend to be appreciated yet optional.

Range increments just murder you is the biggest problem.

>large breasts
>optional

You're probably going to want a Starknife. Startoss Style chain and/or Way of the Shooting Star, a Blinkback Belt/Returning Weapon/feat that gives you returning weapons, basic Archery build from there on.

With Psionics as well. The Psychic Armory archetype for Soulknives is pretty neat.

imo, large breasts would get in the way of her face. and she needs to be willing to run her hands through your hair, or clean your ears.

Fighters do it best.

Trained Throw and Ricochet Toss are nice.

Look at this little twat thinking everything needs to operate off one stat.

BACK IN MY DAY, WE USED OUR STRENGTH FOR DAMAGE AND DEXTERITY FOR ACCURACY.

Kids these days.

What if she only has 7 WIS?

The Ebon Vault stuff is pretty good, imo.

Anyone else experiencing unreasonably long search-times on the SRD after they did their migration thing?

It's true, you just need someone that can gently stroke your hair, hum softly, and have warm plush thighs to rest your head on.

In this capacity, Bards and Sorceresses are the best lap pillows.

How big are we talking? Onryou or Branwen-tier are too big sure, but Shizuka and Valeriya are stacked without having girls that hide the girl, especially if they're leaning back a bit.

Yes but Shizuka is a psycho bitch

The SRD has been a mess since the migration, I wish we could've stopped it because that site is 90% of the reason I still bother with Pathfinder.

What's her Charisma? She can be dumb and impulsive, but as long as she's sweet and friendly it won't matter.

True, I was just using her as a metric more than an example.

high str would probably make their thighs too hard to comfortably rest upon.

imo, anything larger than D cups is going to be too big, and that might be pushing it. she's gotta be elegant and caring, not motherly per se.

>What's her Charisma? She can be dumb and impulsive, but as long as she's sweet and friendly it won't matter.

17!

You want low str, and higher con for maximum softness, good Cha is a bonus.

> Sultanas and Raisins back up in roll20

The bamboozle that never ends.

None of them.

They aren't real.

user people with high str are soft as fuck when they're relaxing their mooskles

high dex and cha, and mid con, low str is best. and high disable device/sleight of hand for the hand running through hair

That's excellent! She's soft and sweet with an excellent bedside manner!

Thats why Shizuka is surprisingly good, despite her being a psycho bitch.

I bet her thighs are nice.

Bit of both
I don't remember that one to well though, I just know it was one of the first things they released

Last question: is lap pillow a violation of the Code of Conduct if used irresponsibly?

I don't think Onryou's mooskles are soft even when she's relaxing! You see the size of those things? They're like cords of steel!

Wait hold up, Onryou has high Str and is shown as massively muscular while Casimir's got 18 STR, yet he's never described as ripped, what gives?

And anons called me crazy for saying she'd be good at it, assuming she'd even give a lap pillow.

Which is more useful for overall adventuring, a climb speed or a burrow speed?
I've never had a character with burrow, but it seems like it would be really good in certain situations, whereas climb is just generally useful. Am I wrong? What do you guys think?

Not everyone thats strong is BIG

Well, getting the lap pillow is probably the hard part.

Absolutely not, it is a noblewoman's duty to comfort the object of her affection, fair maidens have been resting their knightly hero's heads on their laps since time immemorial!

It's only a violation if she's doing something explicitly sexual, rather than intimate or sensual.

People are sleeping on the job. An 18 STR man would be clearly built as fuck. Casimir might wear clothing to obscure it a little bit, but it's still there, and if he undresses, it'll be damn obvious that he's marriage material.

>Chaotic-aligned madwoman giving the lap pillow to multiple knightly heroes all within the same time frame

Where is your god now?!

>mfw trying to make a cha-based Starknife thrower
>Ricochet Toss is behind a two feat tax and doesn't come online until 8th for 3/4th BAB-ers
>Guided Star eats Swift Actions, is limited to level/rounds per day, and only functions as a returning weapon
>a billion fucking taxes to get anywhere and I still have abysmal range
>I'd still be some faggot using one throwing weapon for piss-all damage by the end of it
>I could have just been an archer and raped everything with half the effort

HECKING

>tfw you will never have this.

I know that feel brother.

Didn't know it went down. What happened? I thought it had potential.

>When it's so slow thirsty waifuposting doubles the post count

Pathfinder is reclining.

What does /pfg/ think are the most versatile classes/archetypes? Hard mode: no Vigilante.

Unironically medium

Wizard :^)

Honestly I enjoy building characters more than playing them and I have no games to app too so i'm bored.

Kinda lame opinion, but cleric is pretty versatile. I think it's up there, definitely, and it's really straightforward.

The eternal struggle or looking at any build compared to archery

Honestly this, I enjoy the character building far more than other parts of the system. If I didn't like the building block parts, and liked RP, combat and other stuff more, I'd play a different system.

>Pathfinder is reclining
"Ooh, user, draw me like one of your Galtan girls~"

So why not ask a GM for a stat swap to cha on a psyarm?

Because 1pp game, dude

Well of course, because Archery is retarded easy and you seem to be retarded.

If you're 3/4ths BAB, get a Blinkback Belt or a Returning magic weapon instead of fishing for a Fighter Feat you don't have the BAB and feats for.
You have PBS as a feat tax, so take advantage of being close.
Startoss Style gives you double Weapon Specialization, so taken to full you have +6 fuck you damage, plus your Cha which is your main stat.
You should be some form of caster,
given what you've said (probably Bard or Oracle) so why aren't you an Arcane Duelist/Dervish Dancer/Warsighted/using all the goddamned buff spells you have?

>1pp game
>throwing weapons
>trying to build cha
Why hurt yourself like this?

Hey anons whats the consensus on BitF nowadays? Any spicy memeteams?

>Varico
>Jean
>General Jelly
>Seth
>Sapphira
>Grif

>Co-ed hot springs episode WHEN?

If I gain a bonus feat from a class that I don't want am I allowed to just not take it it?
Like, it's actually a negative for me to have that feat.

Is this the worst possible combination?

Who are these people and why are they part of the memeteam though?

Because I hate myself, and Divine Fighting Technique (Starknife) looked cool when used on an Aasimar Ravener Hunter/Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor with the Lunar Mystery. I'm coming to terms with the fact that anything that sounds remotely cool just straight up doesn't work in this godforsaken system.

>See above spoiler
>still taxed to fuck because lmao ranged, meaning it doesn't even start coming online until 11-13 at earliest, at which point I have to wonder why I've even bothered
>it is a terrible idea in general BECAUSE thrown is shit, only carried by specific niche one-trick builds that do not in any way touch on DFT
>I am far better off just sticking to melee attacks and using those feats for literally anything else, since then I am not devoting every single one of my feats towards one specific meme style

Yes
Because they're terrible.

Human Warpriest (same amount of feats as a normal fighter).

Startoss Style/Combat Patrol > Vital Strike. Craft a Blinkback belt in the wrong slot (50% increased cost) and a Belt of Mighty Hurling. Use all your Fervor points to constantly buff yourself.

What about High Str/High Wis/no Dex/Int people? How would that work in a relationship?

What's the best build you can think of for a Calistrian who uses the spell Vomit Swarm as a signature spell?

Unnatural lust and that lip stitch spell. Pump your save dcs

user it looks like it's up to us to actually start memeing this game. What are some apps that are not totally terrible?

Adalina has this line "She may have been strong, but she was still a woman so she was relegated to scouting and forest patrol duties." in her backstory, so that's like OG -4 str meme tier. But the applicant ignored the DM's format, so I'm not sure if that is a deal breaker there.

Gwen has healslut meme potential.

Romulus, I dunno I don't like the backstory much it seems too normie to come from /pfg/, same with Sable, even though it has MY FETISH tier art.

Dyne also seems like a normie app

Dagna has TITS for art so it has to be from pfg, also some heal slut potential here.

Jak seems a bit like he could fill PFG's DADDY meme profile, has potential.

SM@SH R@T

Hit the ones I missed, I just went in order, top down.

I'm actually not sure what you're trying to tell me with this, user. I didn't want to make a throwing weapon character because I'm married to the concept of throwing weapons, I was beginning with the expression of disappointment that I could not utilize the ranged capabilities of a starknife in concert with Desna's Divine Fighting Technique without basically devoting an entire specialized build for it. Which would end up requiring me to throw out the original reason I found the idea of Cha-based attack/damage interesting to begin with.

A quiet, thoughtful and softspoken woman who opens combat by suddenly barfing up a swarm of wasps.
It would work for a Samsaran bloodrager or warpriest who uses the ART to get vomit swarm on her spell list and casts the spell at the start of every turn as a free/swift action (bloodrager by rage-cycling, warpriest by fervor).