Weekly MTG Spoilers thread

LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=121264
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pet snek

>green future sight

FFS WOTC, STOP GIVING GREEN SHIT THAT'S OUTSIDE ITS COLOR

That seriously looks like bad Animorphs fanart.

Plenty of green cards have had "reveal top of deck" effects like Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix.

This one's actually better in that you are the only one who gets to see it, it's not revealed to all players.

Anyways, EDH/10 for this guy. If you run green and are creature heavy, he's great. Bad everywhere else, though could possibly see Standard play, I guess?

I feel like this should enable a combo.

Important to note it specifies 'mana of any type' instead of 'mana of any color,' so you can cast Thought-Knot Seer.

I would expect this to be the new templating for 'mana of any color' going into the future.

Yes but those only let you play lands. This lets you actually cast shit.

Green could already do that. Garruk's Horde was a thing that happened, though it generally doesn't get run because of how much it costs.

Garruk's Horde was already a thing

it is also a creature, one of the easiest permanent types to deal with

Seriously dude?

That card is also badly designed.

Green should not get shit outside its color

then tell every other color to stop touching every other color

Isn't it by definition not outside it's color anymore when you have multiple cards doing it?

That's a nice color pie head canon you got there, but it certainly ain't real.
Green gets to play creatures from the library, tutor creatures, and draw creatures.

>le snek man
Well, there's your chase mythic.

I think it is the best art magic has had in a long time personally
I also completely agree

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=121264

My friend would have a word with you

Doesn't TKS roll once Amonkhet comes out?

I doubt it. It's great for EDH but it won't draw much Standard demand in all likelihood.

If there's a chase mythic it'll probably be the new walker or some other good for standard one.

It's too late to fix it.

It's not a snake ;^)

I have no idea what makes you think this is outside of green's slice of the color pie, this is an incredibly green effect.

I'd suck his dicks.

Any color can do a future sight effect if tinted correctly. Blue just gets the most broad.
>W
Enchantments, creatures CMC or power 2 or less
>B
Top card of your graveyard, pay life or sac to cast, top card of your opponents library
>R
Top card of your opponents library, artifacts, at random

Combos with Ornithopters for free "card draw"

>that fucking awful digital art

>WOTC STOP GIVING GREEN SHIT THAT ISNT SAPROLING GENERATORS OR FAT TRAMPLERS

Fuck off, Green deserves to have some fun every now and them amidst the waves of boring fucking statblocks.

Oh what the fuck ever, Green has been the favored child for years at this point, getting all kinds of fun shit.

Meanwhile, blue and red are left to languish in the fucking ghetto where they don't get new fun shit and also don't even get to do the things they used to do well.

Good. Blue and Red are a mistake.

Oh you poor innocent child.
BFZ Block and Shadows Block doesn't doesn't rotate out until the set after Hour of Devestation

I play not rotating formats only but someone could redirect me on a table that explain how standard work nowaday?
Please?

>Fuck yeah, we're going to Egyptland!
>Fuck yeah living gods, jackals, avens, and sphinxes!
>Red god is a worse Purphoros ripoff
>Blue god is somehow worse than that
>More ANGELS spoiled so far than new sphinxes
>ANGELS, Boo
>Cycling comes back without Astral Slide
>An honest-to-god Gideon subtheme
Only one hope remains, that cat tats will be good. But some time in the coming week I full well expect them to ruin that too.

>>Cycling comes back without Astral Slide
we'll get slide in the big set after Hour

cap this post.

So far most rares in this set are limited bombs, EDH stuff or total garbage.
Feels bad man

Fuck the naga creature type sideways with the business end of a sledgehammer. They all should've been snakes.

At this point I've given up on them ever not being retarded with their creature typing and how they're presented. Kamigawa's become an excuse to just not try anymore.

This. what the fuck were they thinking

okay WotC we know Green has been your favorite color for a while now but you could at least try to be subtle about it.

If Nicol Bolas' card's name isn't: The super big bad guy Nicol Bolas who has a huge dick, I'm going to be very disappointed.

>Jackal subtype when Wolves Hounds and Foxes are a thing
>Naga subtype when we already have Snake, Serpent and Wurm
"Cephalids and Viashino were a mistake and I'd make them Octopus and Lizard if I could" – Mark Rosewater

>Cat
You mean the new Feline subtype we'll be introducing? :DDDD

>Censor
>1U Instant
>Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1.
>Cycling U

Sweet lord this sucks shit. Why didn't they just reprint Miscalculation?

Because that would have been a good non-green card. We can't have that.

Nah, they misprinted the card, it's supposed to be
>U
>Draw a card
They could have at least let us look at our opponent hand too :^)

Can't let control be potentially playable

Eat shit WoTC.

At least they've been consistent with those. All cephalids have the cephalid type, all aven have the bird type, but snakes/naga are all over the place.

What is Garruk's Horde?

>Liliana's Expertise
>3BB Enchantment
>Zombies you control get +1/+1
>When ~ enters the battlefield, create two 2/2 zombie tokens.

Mite b cool

Welcome to post-Theros art

>BUT
>IT
>WILL
>BE
>GOOD
>IN
>E
>D
>H

Seems pretty decent to me. 2 cost counterspell (not hard counter but plenty of use for that 1 tax to fuck up people playing on curve) with cycling too. Hard too see how it could get better while still having cycling.

Only wolves have anything that resembles tribal support and it would be retarded to call them wolves in the Egypt set. Stop getting upset over nothing. Not every creature type needs to have some boring by the book set of creatures that does "+1/+1 to other Creatures" and "random Creature ability."

2 3/3s for 6 isn't terrible, doubly so in a set with a whole loada zombies.

Have it literally be Miscalculation.

Compare to Miscalculation. This isn't like the USG/ODS common cycling lands, this one is just worse.

But it is. Your point?

2 3/3s for 5. It's a pretty good card.

It's like WotC is trying to make up for past fucks up
It's been 24 years since the power 9 and 21 years since Force of Will, the hate needs to stop

Bulk rare with recycled art from Innistrad

Slightly worse counterspell, slightly better cycling. I wouldn't call it terrible like most people here. One of the better counters we've seen recently.

JUST FUCK MY CONTROL UP FAMALAM

5, my bad. Yeah with the major keyword for this set being zambietime I can see this being good for white/black. Monoblack a lot less sure of.

>One of the better counters we've seen recently
And that's exactly the problem with Standard right now
Remember AER? We were happy of a SHOCK reprint

t. shill
It's a lot worse than Miscalculation and already an awful counterspell on its own.

I doubt it will translate to Expertise. We just got a cycle of Expertise cards from Kaladesh and this card acts nothing like them. No free shit, it's an Enchantment instead of a Sorcery, etc.

It's next to useless as a counterspell, and 2 to U for the cycling cost is more or less considered equivalent. Or at least it used to be.

>A fucking piece of trash is "one of the better counters we've seen recently"

And you don't see that as being possibly emblematic of a larger issue?

Blue doesn't deserve anything fun ever again for getting Snapcaster and Delver in the same set.

Red could use some love though.

>Censor
>U Istant
>Censor cannot be countered by spell and abilities
>Draw a card

Does not seem so bad, it's a nice cantrip

>Only wolves have anything that resembles tribal support
You know how things get tribal support?
By getting cards consistently printed.

Okay, so at first I just shat on you on reflex. Which I don't disagree with in retrospect, because your opinion is shit, but it would have been more helpful to explain to you exactly why your opinion is shit.

Mana Leak is the acceptable level of power for a 2cmc soft counter: 1U for a tax of 3. You have Spell Pierce which reduces the cost to U and Miscalculation which reduces to tax to 2 for added utility with Cycling. Daze reduces the tax to 1, but gives you an alternate cost that's really powerful for a counter. Disrupt dropped the cost to U and the tax to 1, and limits your targets, but it cantrips.

For this piece of shit you're paying 2cmc for Force Spike, which is kind of a lousy counterspell to begin with, in exchange for Cycling. But it's not a counterspell you want to use in the first place: if you want a counterspell use a better counterspell, if you want to draw cards use something that's better at drawing cards. And if this portends a Standard where there ARE no better alternatives then there's something DEEPLY wrong with the direction the game is taking.

>counterspells
>in standard
>implying WotC isn't slowly phasing out the stack so that they can create Hearthstone 2.0 for their new online client

>Hearthstone 2.0
So "Magic 3.0: This time it's better than the previous version but worse than the original"?

That art looks terrible.

It's a U cost cantrip that ocassionally counters a spell.
It's not really better or worse than miscalculation.

FFS I don't want to spend money on Standard cards.

It is definitely worse than Miscalculation, because at least that has a niche that lets it act in a way different than other options. Force Spike for 2 is essentially a non-option, so it's really U: Draw a card, ~ can't be countered. In which case, its simply the worst version of a draw card imaginable.

desu I have always really loved shock and think bolt is too powerful for normal standards.
I also think 2 mana 3/3s are boderline too much, 5 mana 8/8s with trample are fucking retarded and if they're going to make creatures fucking stupid they might as well make spells retarded too, but shock has been good in standards that aren't pieces of shit.

>WoTC
>Printing good answer cards

lel

> Force Spike for 2 is essentially a non-option
What the fuck are you talking about?
If you're on the play as control, force spike for two is perfectly acceptable. If you're on the draw, you're going to be behind in the early game and cheap cantrip is probably better to dig for early sweepers.
The card is honestly fine. It's not power nine tier, but it's perfectly playable in standard.

>doom blade was last printed in 2014

What is Fatal Push?

It seems that WotC deemed that it is not worth it for them to appeal to players who want to prevent other players from playing (see the terrible removal, discard, counterspells, burn and land destruction card we got in recent years)
I don't know if that's doing them any good but it's definitely hurting the competitive scene and even FNMs

Not doom blade.

A rare card printed with a silver set symbol

sssshhh, people just want to whine.

No, but it's FAR better in eternal formats.

A card that isn't red or blue

first strike?, indestructible

can't attack or block unless you control at least another 3 creatures

3W: 1/1 warrior token with vigilance

but we were talking about general design trends for standard. Wizards often tries to push a small amount of cards that are better for eternal play than standard, they've been doing it a lot for a while (delve and eldrazi were completely obvious instances of this)

Double strike, I don't even know spanish.

Double Strike

Possibly decent

It's Italian not Spanish.
I can Translate, if you want.

She is like we expected

DOPPIO ATTACCO

I love foreign language words for MTG terms.

Remember when white gods could make 2/1s for 4 mana?

Oh hey
She's actually fucking usable
But also super fucking boring
I miss theros gods