Players' choices have consequences

>Players' choices have consequences
>The consequences start to catch up to the players
>"Guys, there's someone going around pretending to be us doing a bunch of bad shit!"

Let them launch an investigation. Have them go around in disguise and ask people about previous events that occurred. Make a big mystery out of it, and have them slowly uncover the secret of how retarded they are.

That's fucking hilarious

It probably means they aren't very invested in the game's story though, because they don't care enough about what they do and affect in the world to remember it.

>player's choices have consequences
>tell players this
>players agree
>players can't handle the fact that death is a consequence of being a dumbass

It's like they think a character should never die under any circumstances. They should go fuck themselves.

>mfw this happens all the time

Could be that they are more roll players as well.
Maybe they just want to kill shit and have fun. Sadly there seems to be a fair number of players that don't care about any story even their own character's.

The fact that they did seem at least mildly concerned about these 'fakers' giving them a bad name would imply that they do care about the story, but they're just retarded.

>"Guys, there's someone going around pretending to be us doing a bunch of bad shit!"
Have them meet a duplicate version of the party that's much better at them at not being murderhobos, and then watch the ensuing argument break down.

>Players's actions have consequences
>Shit catches up with the players
>"Lol, fuck this place. Let's go across the globe to somewhere else that doesn't care"

Threw assassins at them from their starting land a couple times but just gave up when they killed them and went on ignoring everything they had done there. It's like the just completely restarted the game for me. They didn't ask me or anything, they just bought a teleportation and fucked off.

>you teleport into a far away land with which you are unfamiliar
>in the middle of a city
>suddenly a large group of guards with glowing magical weapons surrounds you
>though you cannot tell what they are saying due to a language barrier, it is clear that teleportation is illegal here and you are being detained

or somethin like that. its supposed to be a cooperative game. if they stop cooperating then don't enforce that behavior

Haha!

I didn't think it was permanent, I thought they were just running away and were gonna return. There was some quests they were in the middle of that I didn't think they'd just give up on but that's what they did. They did and just looked for new shit in the new land. I even asked them if they ever planned on going back and they told me no, so I'm kinda pissed. We're gonna be having a nice talk about it at the start of next session, but I doubt it'll go well.

Let them quit the story by teleporting away, but then they have to roll new characters to continue.

My last session had our druid walk straight through a prismatic wall. It's a rainbow, what's the worst it can do?

Holy shit, I'm OP and your story has really triggered me.

You don't get it. They are the PLAYER CHARACTERS as in MAIN CHARACTERS, the HEROES of the story. They are literally unable to do anything evil.

How many colors did he survive?

I've heard of tasting the rainbow, but that takes the cake.

>Main characters = heroes
Get a load of this guy.

I bet 4 corn chips that this was the OP's players mentality.

She failed every single save except the planar shift.
She was at 0 at 2 layers, and fell out the other side with 2 failed saves and turned to stone.

So what sort of stuff were they getting into in the old country? Anything that could just run completely out of control and turn into a global threat? Because that's one way to get back at them, by having whatever they ignored or are running away from just get worse and worse until it hits them with overwhelming force, regardless of where they are physically in the world.

At that point you just planar shift and go someplace where there is no major threat. If it's a big enough threat to threaten the multiverse than some other creature will stop it simply because it's powerful enough to potentially threaten deities.

That's a pretty bad way of handling it. If there's something they're not supposed to do for OOC reasons, then you handle it OOC, not by starting to install railroad tracks.

>He probably actually believes that

>If it's a big enough threat to threaten the multiverse

That's probably going too far and a bit beyond what I was thinking. You need to keep it within the realm of that they can realistically deal while threatening enough to get their attention more than random ninja attacks or whatever. Throw in the promise of grand loot and you can pull them back in to clean up their own mess.

Speaking of loot, I guess that's the flaw of my first plan which just used the stick, you should also have the carrot. Figure out something they would actually care about back home and dangle it in front of them to get them to go back and face whatever monstrosity they've unleashed.

Oh and if they continue to run, remember that they can't run forever. At some point they'll either piss off everyone and everything, or one specific creature or organization that has the ability to target them wherever and harass them night and day. That's another point to consider: harassing them out of combat. Whoever they pissed off back home has connections and now the stores won't sell them the best magical items, merchants start charging a little extra every time, or the guards will look the other way due to whatever dark influence this group has (after all, they have the means and gumption to hire assassins, so they can use other methods). Eventually the administrative overhead (and headache) will cause them to search for a solution, which will eventually lead them back home.

Terry Goodkind plz go
Plz stay go

The main characters of the story do not have to be the heroes, and player characters do not have be the main characters.
Also, are you honestly trying to say that heroes cannot do anything evil?

I actually love that, because I want to believe that the player actually sorta knew what could happen, but played a character that probably didn't. Players that can differentiate between character and meta are rare.

I would've done the same with some of my characters, honestly, knowing full well that I was fucking myself.

As hilarious as it is, a character who is too dumb to either ask their party mage what that spell is, or use common sense and think they shouldn't walking straight into the giant magical rainbow wall is not a character I would want to play.