Transported to Faerun. Wat do?

You got sucked up into a magical rift that appeared out of nowhere and pop up into some town on the Swordcoast.

And let's make some stipulation about most Veeky Forums anons first to have some sensible limits.

You only have a set of your normal clothes and footwear with you.

Most of Veeky Forums anons have a 9 in all physical stats unless they train in a sport or do manual labor.
Int doesn't get above 11.
Cha is barely passable at 10.
Wis is a 9 as well.
Assuming you have some usefull skill that lets you work at least as manual labor.

How do you survive and what do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

simantics.blogspot.com/2011/01/d-and-iq.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well I do a fair bit of backpacking, rock climbing, and hobby-level blacksmithing, so I'd like to think my Str, Dex, and Con are at least 11. I've broken a leg and splinted it so I can hobble out of the woods, so I figure I'm slightly tough, though I'm not sure how that compares to people who have to fight hobgoblins every year. Add some ranks in medicine, craft(metalworking), climb, swim, survival, and junk like that.

It's been a while, but I've done some historical swordfighting and archery, so maybe whatever the NPC version of a ranger is? That'd be neat.

ask if there's any way i can go to a better setting

Does chemistry work the same here as it does on Earth? Not exactly a master chemist but I do know how to make blackpowder.

I abuse everything I can and get to level 40.

>Most of Veeky Forums anons have a 9 in all physical stats unless they train in a sport or do manual labor.
What if I'm just not a 5'7'' manlet? I only work out on and off, but based on maximum lifting capacity, my strength is 22.

>you are transported to faerun
>but I choose your stat

Alright, I can understand no-one on Veeky Forums having a bonus above +1 or +2 at the MOST, but capping Wis and Cha at 9 and 10 seems a bit harsh, ditto Int at 11. Yeah, most people are average, but some people have at least SOMETHING they excel at!

That said, I die in horrible agony days after arrival, unless some kind Ilmaterite can cast Cure Minor/Moderate Wounds and Cure Disease on me; half my pancreas is dead and I'm prone to pericarditis. I can't even digest food without enzyme replacers. Basically, any trip to a fantasy world is a death sentence for me now, accompanied by the most horribly crippling pain I've ever experienced.

I run and hike quite a lot so I'm in pretty good shape, I am pretty tall compared to the average of d&d humans, plus I got a fairly good grasp on chemistry, mechanics and metallurgy - at least theoretical - due to my masters degree in materials engineering.

I probably end up being some sort of alchemist.

You are halfway thorugh to gaining a fighter level and survival proficiency then.

You are sent to Tes V Skyrim and don't have acess to the lvl up/skill system or any magic.

You gain proficiency with the Alchemists set but it's only partial since the world works with magic as well.

Let's assume D&D5e.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I'd look up a local Martial Arts monastery and join up as a servant for the opportunity to learn, train and live safely.
After a decade i should be passable as a monk.

Either that or work as a fisherman while trying to earn cash from smugling and get my self some dragon blood along with the ritual to infuse my self with it.

You have a 13 in STR. Enjoy training with the local milita for your first fighter level.

>muh i'm a genious with photographic memory, can lift double my weight, am a metalurgy ingineer former marine with dig bick and seduce everything.

user, a 10 is the average stat of a healthy adult human being living in a world where farm work is necessary to feed one self.
Humans living in modern society may have higher inteligence on average compared to such societies but are gimped in almost all other areas.

>int doesnt go above 11
youre overestimating the int of faerun and underestimating the int of the real world
I know its not like Veeky Forums has a bunch of 18 int geniuses, but I could see at least 13 or 14s being common

>user, a 10 is the average stat of a healthy adult human being living in a world where farm work is necessary to feed one self.
>Humans living in modern society may have higher inteligence on average compared to such societies but are gimped in almost all other areas.
user, modern first world humans are stronger and more resilient than their great-grandparents in about every way, if only dye to their diet while growing up.

I work in consulting, so hopefully I could get rich by introducing superior accounting conventions in a primitive society. Adventuring, or even as much as touching a weapon? Fuck this shit. I value my life, thank you very much.

Worship Oghma.
Make my way to candlekeep or Baldur's gate, get killed by a stray dog along the way.
As a biochemist I can pull off some non-magic alchemy, but magic potions and clerics are more effective than modern medicine so I'm pretty fucked.

>As a biochemist I can pull off some non-magic alchemy
Lel
Good luck finding factory produced components

>You have a 13 in STR.
It feels wrong to say this, but I would still play this game.

>gimped in almost all other areas.
This is not true. A lot of these farmers are probably sinewy and mentally hardy, but a malnourished four foot something peasant doesn't have shit against a 6'3'' dude who trains semi-regularly with a modern diet - something that would have been extremely rare in medieval times, but is fairly common now.

Modern humans should especially get a boost to constitution, excepting those who shower three times a day and live in near-sterile homes. Disgusting slobs like me who eat day-old mince meat on the reg and never wash our hands would be even higher.

I'm a ranger without the animal companion, I can shoot a gun, non-modern bows, and I know how to survive outdoors.

Go do a days worth of farm work and tell me how resilient you are compared to an old grandpa who's been doing it his whole life.

I'll tell you straight away. You won't be able to get up the next morning.

And i don't get where people get the ''malnourished medieval dirt farmer'' meme from.

After learning propper common you manage to land a job as a steward.
You are settled for life.

To you and all the other anons all i can say is that you should try and apprentice your selves to alchemists or find an institution that will take you under their wing like a church, a martial arts monastery , military order and such.

Congratulations on being an inferior elf commoner with a pet.
How will you earn a living?

Let's see, I guess I would try to join the carpenter guild since I've been in the woodworking business with my father and brother since childhood. Everything would take much longer to finish though since I'd have to use manual tools for everything. Might also need to introduce new carpentry tools and methods to the guild.

I also camp a lot, so lots of survival skills but plant life is different in Faerun I'll have to learn from a local herbalist the local plant lore.

In any case, a skilled craftsman of some sort of is likely with a side of specialization in survival.

farm work isnt that hard, I feel like youre overblowing every physical aspect of existing in a fantasy world

I WANT TO BE A FUCKING DRUID BECAUSE I LOVE ANIMALS AND OUTDOORS AND I JUST GO AROUND TALKING TO FUCKING ANIMALS AND SHIT

>Go do a days worth of farm work and tell me how resilient you are compared to an old grandpa who's been doing it his whole life.
Yeah I've done that every summer at my grandpa's farm since I'm 14. It's not hardcore. You're full of shit my man. I hiked 7h straight in the mountaind on saturday and I didn't felt terrible in the morning. Just because you are weak doesn't mean that a majority of people are.

Any chance of learning magic at all? If I can I'd try to become an Artificer. Make money off of that. Otherwise I'd stick with Alchemy.

I can OHP 225lbs, can I still have 9 STR and thus make every human commoner on Faerun able to OHP 225lbs?

dont most male human commoners in faerun actually have 12 or 13 str?

After learning common and working as a wood cutter at a local mill you join the carpenters guild after paying the fee and passing their examination.

You probably manage to make a good life for your self as a craftsman and repsected guild member.

user , most peole who browse Veeky Forums aren't you and most civilians living in modern society are fed trash food and avoid physical labor while having no worthwile skills as craftsmen or physical fitness due to not taking care of their bodies.

Your effort and hobby while praiseworthy are one thing most modern people don't do and i believe you would have at least a 13 in Con and 12 or 11 in Str.

again, you are SEVERELY overestimating the strength stat

Make money by dancing on on a fucking postbox in just my skivvies. If it's a PvE world, I will troll the idiots in the bank and auction house.

How would gunsmithing work? Don't have the skill yet but I plan on taking some classes and getting certified.

You need one year to learn a cantrip.
3 Years to becomome a magic initiate.

You join the tinkerers guild after learning common.

user the asumption is that the average 4-chan poster doesn't take care of his or her body.
Crossboard posters from Veeky Forums are another thing when they actually do exercize.

>most civilians
mostly the poor and the older generations, lads are pretty it now desu

I think farmers have 11?

I have degrees in medicine and chemistry, that has to make me one of the best non-magical healers in the world. I don't know much about those Faerun herbs and plants but it couldn't be that much of a hard learn.

Guess I'll start a clinic in a town without a temple full of healing clerics or try and learn some magic. Don't think I'll go on any real adventures, I'm nearly completely sedentary and I'd break like a 2hp 1e wizard.

Congratulations on getting sent to Grimgar.

If you already learned the necessary metalurgy knowledge to get the high quality materials them sure.
You manage to join the tinkerers guild.

You become an apthecary after working for a few years as an apprentice.
You may have earned enough money to grab a few books on magic and got the magic initate feat.

I got my boots, do i get to keep whats in my pockets? In a typical day i got my leatherman a lighter and my gun

Only your clothes and boots user.
Stick to the rules.

You were luckily transported to a town and not into the wilderness.

Most definitely pic related

user you still have all your meta knowledge.
Why give up so fast?

I wonder what caliber round it would take to pierce a dragons hide?

Something workth 1000Gp in materials.
Which you probably won't be able to afford.

I'm a geologist, so I'm pretty used to traveling in uncomfortable places, and I could get a living as an adventuring cartographer if I don't die too soon.
Smashing goblin faces with a pickaxe shouldn't be too hard if I train enough, right? Right?

You know, you're severely undervaluing the stats stars of a common fa/tg/it. Inteligence, especially. INT, when compared to IQ (not really the best idea, but it's what we've got), we get pic related. I also imagine most of us will test in the 120+ range, which means we all have at least enough intelligence to be Wizards, or other INT based class.

Source
simantics.blogspot.com/2011/01/d-and-iq.html?m=1

holy shit this means I have 15 int

Seriously anons.

At least one of you should have thought of becoming a warlock.

Becomming a Dragon sorcerrer is also relativley easy once you got enough money to get the materials.

You get lost in the woods and maybe if you are lucky are saved by a druid after you got raped by fey.

You manage to land a job in a mine.
Train with the local milita if you want your fighter level.
It will take at least 2 years to get there.

A 13 is photographiv memory tier man.
Don't underestimate fantasy.

But it's true that tg would have at least a lot of anons with a 12 in Int so with a bit of study they'd be able to learn Wizard magic.
But don't forget that it costs money to do that and you need to find a willing teacher or at least buy the books you need from someone.

>13 is photographic memory tier
it is not, youre overestimating fantasy

Warlock is a lame class for lame people.

the normal human spread in dnd is 8-13, 14-16 is exceptional, 17-18 is borderline superhuman

>user , most peole who browse Veeky Forums aren't you and most civilians living in modern society are fed trash food and avoid physical labor while having no worthwile skills as craftsmen or physical fitness due to not taking care of their bodies.
user, I'm not really special and most people around me, colleagues and friends alike aren't in worse physical condition than me. Hell I'm pretty much on the low side of hiking.

>Don't underestimate fantasy

Don't overestimate fantasy, either. You're being intentionally and deliberately obtuse. Strength is based on a chart. It's in the goddamned book. And while the chart itself is ridiculous, that's what you have to go on. It's part of the internal logic of the stat. Dexterity is a little harder to quantify, as it represents not only agility and quickness, but also hand- eye coordination and manual dexterity. However, I'm sure a simple test could be devised to quantify these skills. I've already posted Intelligence.

Look, my point is that if we are using our own "stats", they wouldn't be 9- 11 in everything. They would varry, based on how we can quantify abilities.

Well let's go with this then.

Let the anons distribute their stats to up toa 13 in their best aspect.
And mention what usefull skills they actually learned.

I'd have this:

13 Str
9 Dex
10 Con
11 Int
9 Wis
9 Cha

Did bricklaying and studied history.
Took a course as a security guard but don't train enough to be worthwile in a fight against any competent opponent.

Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d6)

>lost innawoods
I roll to baton and to find a source of water so I don't have to drink my own piss.

>LaughingBearGrills.png

Oh... alrighty then.
I'd prefer going duskblade or something gishy. It needs more training and money, but if I learned something in my course in geological resources, I should be able to introduce some technological advancements in extraction, expecially when it comes to metallic minerals (also I'd be curious about studying mithril, adamantite etc.). Anyway I should be MAD enough and I wouldn't waste that. Also my Str and Dex are probably subpar, while my Int/Cha would be.. uh, around 12 or 13? Not enough for a full casting class probably.

I have a degree in psychology, though I don't know what good that would do me. Could I possibly become a paladin?

Never took an IQ test to be honest.

Your best bet is to invest your money into spell books or grab a ritual to infuse your self with dragon blood.

My personal choice woud be joining an organisation as a servant first to use the opportunity to learn or be a smuggler under the guise of a fisherman.

The most dificult task would be gaining your fisrt class level.

To become a wizard or monk you'd need at least a decade.
Clerics, Paladins and other orders would probably take you just a bit less than that.

Rogues only need an exercise to get more dexterous and some street smarts.

Fighters would need the least effort if you aren't selling your soul with maybe a year or two of dedicated training.

I'm an unemployed musician. Is bard magic spontanious, or do I need to join a college or something?

You need to learn magic properly from somwhere.

But you do have the performance skill and proficiency in whatever instrument you can use right now.

Guess you got a job at the local tavern as a waiter and performer.

If you practice pickpocketing enough you might make it as a rogue and earn enough money to join a colegge.

Uh, maybe not dragon blood, but that gave me an idea. I could try and get enough money for some elemental ritual to become a Stone Sorcerer. It's thematic!
Or yeah, I'd probably try going rogue if that fails.

reminder that 18/00 strength was based on a record from 1987 that has since been passed by 100 lbs

>Appear on the markeptlace out of nowhere
>People look at me like I'm some freak
>Taller than them, working out regularly, weird clothing
>Introduce myself
>Some name they couldn't even imagine existed
>They notice the rosary around my neck
>I teach them about the Lord and Jesus Christ
>They see me as some prophet or something
>Acquire currency and females
>Win forever

im a 21 year old, 6 foot, roughly 190 pound jobless loser, im only slightly talented at drawing in a anime/cartoon style with pencil,pen,and sometimes markers. besides that i went through a kinda frequent shoplifting phase for a little over a year before i got busted in a clothing store and haven't done it since.

I think i would enjoy a little time in a fantasy world but my main goal would be to quest for a way back home to earth."i think Elminster has canonically visited earth"

But I gotta take baby steps. I find the nearest painters/artists guild and beg pathetically to be taken in as a apprentice. if i get good enough to sell my work, i do so until i save enough money for some gear and a bow "fuck melee fighting a dude with a sword, im not getting close if i can help it" and enough money to hire a balanced party to help me on my quest.

if none of that works Im breaking into peoples houses at night and taking whatever i think is valuable to raise the money i need

Bitch, if you can work a saw, know how to stitch, and have a concept of modern hygiene, you are already the best non-magical healer in the world.

Local cleric of Pelor casts cure insanity on you. When it has no effect and you fail to cast any divine spells as a proof, you are chained to a pillory for disturbing public peace.

>Get purged by a rival temple that doesn't like competition.

You are at risk of being caught as a burglar and are most likely sent to jail.

Lets be honest here, most fa/tg/uys would end up dying and become part of the wall of the faithless.

I become a travelling story teller visiting inns, looking for coin in exchange for tales ranging from baator to celestia.

I can really see myself ending up like that, I don't want to die in a medieval prison so I cozy up to the inmates with life sentences and tell them I'm planning to make a break for it. Then I try to convince them that they're also probably just gonna rot here so they should help me pull the old "fake fight to get the guards to come break it up" act. That's probably new to them, right ?

Also how long is my sentence?

Well, my physical stats are nothing special, probably straight down the line. I work out enough to maintain my physical skills so I guess 10.

I am a medical textbook illustrator with a decades' experience in anatomy, and I keep a small portfolio on me whenever I'm working. If I survive long enough to find civilisation I imgine either I'd have a comfortable life in a royal court as one of the best anatomists in the world, or be executed for heresy in defiling bodies.

4 years of manual labor.
Someone snitches on your prison break attempt.

Only those who aren't willing to work first.

Or work as an average physician.

Well, that'll be fine too. A few years' military experience in a shitty militia did a hell of a lot more for my minor surgical skills than it did for any of the supposed combat skills hey were meant to be training us in.

If there's a college of surgeons somewhere they'd probably consider my anatomical charts valuable enough that I could trade them for an apprenticeship at their expense. Life wouldn't be much worse than it was before I emigrated to Australia.

Considering I'm a university student of english philology, I have pretty much no useful skills. Therefore, my first reaction to this supernatural event is to commit suicide by yelling "Hastur" several times.
Should nothing happen, I'd just go and try to make a living by working for someone in a city or something, I guess.

Danm... so is the 4 years of labor punishment for the escape attempt or are they gonna do something worse on top of that? If they let me live, what type of labor is it exactly?

Stone quary.

I eat shit and die. If by some intervention that doesn't happen I try to become a bandit ranger since I wouldn't into anything else and I've at least held a bow before.

You have a bullshit diploma of no real worth to society at that level.

So no you'd have to find work somewhere as a wood cutter or something.

>Work as a locksmith.
>Go to the gym every 2 days.
>Know how to play the banjo so i can be a bard on the side by introducing country music to fantasy land.

That sounds like a horrific life, but that means I'm still alive. I spend the next 2 years acting like the model prisoner. I work hard, never even look at a guard the wrong way, and tell the other inmates about how dumb I was for trying to escape if I ever get a chance to interact with them. But secretly I'm putting a little muscle on my lanky frame from the hard labor, memorizing the guards shifts and dispositions, and most importantly peeing on my chains in my cell over the years to erode them away but being careful not to break them completely.

On my 2nd year I attempt to smuggle any small piece of metal I can find between my butt cheeks to later make into a shiv. Then I wait for the next stormy night...

Kill myself and go to heaven.

I do hobby-level blacksmithing. I've made most of my own tools for it, a bunch of wall hooks, plenty of nails, some knives, and a single serviceable hatchet. Of course, this is mostly using a propane forge and my experience with coal/charcoal is next to nil. So I'd have to learn the fire management, which is something I should do anyways.

got any pics of your work? espcialy those knives

>Only those who aren't willing to work first.
Even if they work first eventually they will die, then the wall awaits. Christians, athiests, agnostics, all of them would be sent to the wall.

>Be user.
>In my whole 20 years of life i have only learned how to draw animu.
>Get transported to another world.
>JustLikeMyIsekaiNovel.jpg
>Stil am old me.
>Try to look for some art guild but get kicked away for being a beggar who can't even speak comon.
>Try to break into a house to earn money.
>Guards have been watching me since the art guild incident and arrest me the same moment i exit the hous with stolen goods.
>Thrown into prison.
>The first day in Jail i loudly announce to everyone that i'm planing a prison break.
>Guards kick my shit in and throw me to work in a quary for the next 4 years. If i had kept my mout shut i could have ended it with just having rotting fruit thrown at me for being a thief.
>Learn my lesson and don't look the guards in the eyes again while loudly proclaiming how dumb i was for trying a prison break.
>Try to put on some muscle but barely put on anything because i don't get much to eat.
>Piss on my shackles untill they stink. Shackles aren't being coroded tho.
>Put some iron nails up my ass for prisonbreak 2.0
>Start bleeding from my ass and die of literal buthurt.

>Instead of praying to any of the existing gods of that universe.

I sell my soul to Pazreal in exchange for OP having his "ugh fantasy so hard 9 int I'm cumming" opinions shoved up his ass.

reading this put a smile on my face. but hold up, urine cant actually erode iron?

and i said between my booty cheeks man. not up my asshole.

Wrong. For example, a Pathfinder Advanced firearms round costs 15 Gold. You can buy the materials and build it yourself with Gunsmithing and 7 Gold and 5 Silver. They aim for Touch.

Can't imagine 5e is that far off technologically from Pathfinder.

>praying
>real faith

Imna qualified carpenter and a nurse. My years of manual labour would probably put me at 12 str pretty easily. pretty average everywhere else maybe a 9 in con. Id probably start training as a cleric

Suicide is a sin. It's your only action in this world.

To Hell with you.

I have asperger's syndrome so I've got Decent INT and I'm a massive Lore Autist, so I've got WIS to spare you faggot OP.

Anyhow, I immediately call on Pazuzu for some help, as my shit is fucked without gaining power.

Stuff to note is: Legit waifufags canmanifest faith due to dedication, none of us speak fuckign common, we have to avoid Pelor at all costs because Murlynd, and we hae to not get raped by bandits within the first 3 seconds of walking in the wilderness.

Also, new clothes, and a place to stay, shit's gonna suck for a while before we get anything done.

NONE OF US save for the smartest gentoomen are going to be wizarss because of the sheer mental effort required in the process of memorizing spells, writing them down in spellbooks, studying them, and understanding magic on the meta-fuck-ass level will work.

I know the True Names of Mephistopheles and Orcus, and those WILL come in handy, especially if shit goes south and it's better just to steal fat fuck Orcus's wand and become a Demon Lord with it, per it's bloodstone pass entry.

Every inch of the FR in in some shitty meta Faction war, staying the fuck out of it is the best bet to not die quickly.

Avoid the Harpers and Eliminster at all cost, as well as 420Drizzt, Minsc, and Baldurs gate, as well as the Church of Bane, because teching him baneposting as we're tortured by literally Hulk Hogan but evil is nothing short of disasterous.

IF we're rampant shitposters we may be able to become Tasocitects, turning everything into audible shitposting, but at best, we're looking at sorcery, Waif-clericism/kekism and Warlockery for rules laywers.

Also, if we have NPC levels as commoner, we can pick the flaw that lets you summon CR 32 Dungeon149 Orcus with a fucking Pig.

Killing a Tarrasque is also a feat for easy XP is we use the Alip method.

Don't worry friendo, health potions are cheap.

I'm an English student but wanting to be a librarian so could I take the Sage background?

I search for a temple or church that will give me a roof over my head and food in my stomach long enough to get on my own feet. I'll keep the floors clean, cook, and learn to read and speak the language.

Can't I just join a cult for some sweet Warlock powers?

Not when you have to take one before every meal...

Wait though, could they just flat-out regenerate the dead tissue? Badass! I mean, I'm still mostly screwed, given I lost about 20% of my body mass while I was in hospital, but at least I can fucking EAT.

Then again, 'cheap' for adventurers. They still cost gold and the average labourer makes about 2 silver a month or some shit.

Other than that, I'mma join the church of Lathander. The Morning Lord is the god of new chances and re-inventing yourself with every new dawn, so that's perfect for someone who wants to shed his old life and become something better. Only downside is my Wis is shocking...

Buddy, as a fellow aspie, you may have good-ish Int, but your Wis is shit. ALL aspies Wis is shit; that's our THING - we're gimped in Wis and Cha but gain very specific knowledge bonuses for our obsessions and NOTHING ELSE.

Further, I think we can all just assume that the bullshit exploits in the rules probably don't work in reality; they're just a result of a poorly written rulebook. Sure, knowing the lore will help a LOT, but otherwise, common sense trumps bullshit exploits.

unskilled labor earns 3 gold a month
skilled labor would earn up to 9 gp a week assuming they were level 2 and took skill focus

Good news user.
You have reached the treshold of Wis to become a cleric.

Meanwhile this user underestimated the search for other warlocks and may have ended up as human sacrifice.

Pretty sure I'm gonna die before I get the chance to even figure out my ability scores. In that case, before I get stuck as a brick in the Wall of Faithless, I might be able to make a deal with whatever sad sob devil to petition my sad sob soul to be dragged into the blood war. If I'm lucky I might be able to meet up with the Nameless One and have a conversation before I get killed off for good.