> be PC
> other PC betrays party to Evil Warlock
> Evil Warlock betrays this PC later
> Party welcomes PC back
> mfw

Vegeta

It's not good to hold grudges.

Nappa.

Do we have more context? Did the other PC get blackmailed, coerced or have his loved ones threatened. If the traitor betrays the party because the Warlock has kidnapped his son then my character would welcome him back after we rescue his son.

>be PC
>Rogue pretends to betray us
>backstabs the villain at a pivotal moment, foiling his plans and saving us a lot of trouble
>Barbarian rages and attacks the rogue for betraying us
>Cast Baleful Polymorph on barbarian
>He fails his Fortitude save and turns into a rabbit
>He passes his Will save and retains his mind
>Killer rabbit mauls my wizard to death in the next turn
>I made this up

Basically:
> warlock sends fighter (cn) a magical message, asking to met him alone
> promises him a magical sword if he betrayed the group
> he agrees, warlock asks him to lead the group into a trap
> he sprung trap, party is almost wiped out but manages to flee

Later:
> gives him a magical sword which was actually cursed, forcing him to swear loyalty to him
> as chaotic neutral, he opposes but has no choice
> takes him alongside his fiends to another confrontation against the party
> we win, wipe out his creatures but warlock escapes
> cleric uses remove curse
> he promises revenge and the party gladly takes him back
> I'm and another are the only two PCs to raise a fuss
> they say he probably regrets it and that we need all the help we can get

I cannot wait to be betrayed again by the next empty offer.

It would be cool if his plan was to figure out his plans or to gain his trust to betray him later. Oh wait, it wouldn't because we were almost killed.

>Neutrual
>betray team for a fucking sword
>force the DM to make him reroll a new character
>don't allow him back

why the fuck do people think Chaotic neutrual mean "well I do evil things but I don't kill everything on sight so that makes me chaotic neutrual right?

bet he's the type of nigga who's never actually read the phb

if you're a mage, you could put a Glyph of Warding on his bedroll and when he goes to sleep blow him the fuck up.

just keep fucking with him like that.

>3.x game
>Other player gets the DM to allow Tome of Battle shenanigans
>Player immediately rolls a warblade with a greatsword, proceeds to scour through five other books to create a level eight character
>Ends up absurdly good with his greatsword, but downplays its effectiveness
>DM lets it fly for six levels
>Finally decides he's had enough, gets the dickass wizard player to try to kill him for fun and profit
>Dickass wizard even hires a fuckheug barbarian NPC to assist in dealing with the warblade
>Warblade's prized greatsword which was never magical to begin with, just a masterwork weapon gets disarmed and snapped by this monster of a mountain of a man
>Wizard's player laughs, says, "He was made to beat you. You're useless without a weapon. Just give up."
>Warblade scoffs
>"The sword was a symbol. Let me teach you what it meant."
>Proceeds to unarmed strike at the barbarian
>The two bare-knuckle box for three rounds, evenly matched
>Warblade snarks about getting serious, like some kind of anime protagonist or some shit
>Then he reveals that he can actually do more damage with his bare hand that he could with the greatsword, because of Greater Psionic Fist
>Blows through the barbarian like a hot sack of garbage
>Wizard player starts looking into the rules to see if that's legal
>DM is furious
>Warblade smugs his way to victory

>Group dissolves later due to DM fatigue

Wow what a shitty Wizard. Did he just jack off in the corner while the Barbarian jobbed? No Haste, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement?

Interesting user.

But this thread is more about betrayal and forgiving players who do it.

Wizard hit the barbarian with all the buffing spells he had at his disposal, but apparently couldn't get him tough enough to beat such an off-the-wall character.

I'm not sure who was more irritated, the DM or the wizard. I do remember that the former asked why he bothered with the sword at all, if he could throw a punch for 4d6 damage.

The warblade did actually forgive the wizard, saying that there's no way the wizard could have known that the barbarian never stood a chance.

>I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself and pretend this never happened. In return, you're going to pay to have my sword fixed.
>Everyone makes mistakes. Mine was thinking that you would be smarter than this.

I'm glad i never had to play with chronic backstabbers, i just don't find that fun since our campaigns are hard enough as it is if we don't all work together and people tend to die off often enough anyway.

The other group that plays in our local place is full of this shit and while some might enjoy it i do not.

Maybe he learned his lesson

Vegeeeeeeeeeeta

I would have fried his ass at the spot.

>be powerplayer
>ruin table and game

I would have dropped a rock on him and another at the player.

But this sounds like excellent role-playing combined with excellent game mastery. He even gimped himself by not using unarmed combat. Truly the best of both worlds.

The reason they were so quick to forgive the traitor is probably because OOC they just want to continue on as a group.
This opens up the funny possibility of OP killing the traitor, messing up the ability to continue on as a group an getting way more flak for his succesful attempt at exacting justice than the traitor had previously gotten for his failed attempt at selfish betrayal.

You are probably right user, but as you said it feels terrible OOC. Like betraying has no consequences.

You sound like a cuck.

Cut his throat in the night. I'm sure the party will forgive you.

Good roleplaying.

Good bantz.

Pissed off a bad DM.

Broke a wizfag's OP bullshit over his knee.

10/10, would game with.

The wizfag, in that example, did jack and shit aside from throwing a Big Stupid Fighter at the warblade.
Nothing particularly OP about that, nor is the result surprising.

>cuck
Câncer.