Warhammer 40k General /wh40kg/

Needs More Dakka Edition
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/10/thuderhawk-inbound/
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/09/shadow-war-armageddon-the-rules-available-soon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the kindred.

After just now acquiring another Galatus and Caladius, I realize my Talons of the Emperor army is honestly needs some more Sisters (and Terminators when they come out!).

20 Custodian Guard
15 Sentinel Guard
10 Hetaeron Guard
10 Sagittarum Guard
6 Agamatus Jetbikes
3 Caladius Grav-Tanks
2 Coronus Grav-Carriers
4 Pallas Grav-Attacks
3 Contemptor-Galatus
2 Contemptor-Achillus
3 Shield Captains/Tribunes
1 Ixion Hale
2 Oblivion Knight-Centura
10 Prosecutors
10 Vigilators

PUT THAT NOB

INTO THE FUCKING NAUT

First for I2 and actually being good in shadow war.

My friend let me borrow his stormsurge to paint it for him, and I never realized it has the thiccest fucking thighs this side of the Damocles gulf

4TH FOR THE SONS OF SANGUINIUS

>Good way to make a low mid tier army like DE harlies better, craftworld players who take advantage of it need to be gassed.

no, it is grossly broken, and even DE with it are cheese fest bullshit

Am I going to expect tonnes of yoof shootas and the occasional buzz-choppa in Shadow war?

>my 'friend' so kindly allowed me to paint his models for him
The fuck?

So fellas. After contemplating a lot, is Dark Eldar with Harlequins in a Ynnari set up viable with Soulburst?

See
It really is nonsence

>be me getting home from LGS
>lay box with chinacast knight held together by citadel super glue and dreams down as I get more stuff
>walk in and catch the corner of the box and bump it
>knight rolls a 6 and explodes into its component parts
Well rip this guy, as you can tell the legs are locktight, but the rest was shitty super glue because I was stupid back then, guess I better call of the techpreist to perform the rights of reassembly

>anyone got some good stories of models being destroyed?

What's wrong? Are you autistic or something?

Even for Dark Eldar/Harlequins? I always thought it was good for them

No, i just woudn't discribe it in such a way that makes it look like he is doing you a favour, as opposed to the other way around

It's tau what do you expect?

He said he was gonna just spray it with dollar general spray paint and call it a day, I just couldn't let such an expensive model get that treatment so I told him I would at least get a basecoat on it and a few details, also I've never painted a garg so it could be fun

What would you include in a Kroot Mini-dex?

Not that guy, but the only reason I'd want to take it is so I can include some Skyweavers in my army without having to ally weirdly.

Would it be more reasonable if I restricted it to only use Soulburst for moving, or am I better off just playing unbound so there'd no special bonuses at all?

I'm not the user with the stormsurge, but you're autistic.

If user likes painting, then yes, his friend is doing him a favor by giving him a chance to paint a $120 model.

Its REALLY good for them. Too good infact. The ablity to slap down huge amounts of extra shooting phases is broken as shit.

it depends on when you run to be fair. though restructing it to moving would do a lot of make it balanced in most cases

You should do him a favor and toss it in the garbage. Or at least give it a more realistic pose, like being fallen over on its back with the pilots injured from hand grenades

Model a rhino running it over

So much infantry
Not a transport in sight
My dream come true

>this is what Tau player actually believe
ho ho ho you make me laff.

As far as crafters stuff goes, I've got some Jetbikes with non heavy weapons, howling banshees, and dark reapers.

I also have some reavers, since I wanted a jetbike army, but I wanted some more variety and to avoid cheesing too hard

Model it choking a wraithknight with its thighs

I play skitarii

10/10 would attempt to smash with traitor forces.
really looks like it'd be fun to play

Pics or didnt happen

user with stormsurge here, to clarify I asked him if I could paint it, I did joking tell him I was just gonna send him a video of me shooting it since it did rape my army that day

>tfw you will never be that wraithknight
why live Veeky Forums?

HQ
-Great(er) shaper
-Shaman

Troop
-Carnivors with doggies & gorilla-ox

Elite
-Veteran mercenaries
>advanced fieldcraft skills
>able to purchase one out of X options to reflect their mercenary background (pulse rifle/carbine/blaster for tau mercs, t4 and furious charge for ork mercs, fleet and i4 for eldar mercs etc.)

Fast
-Doggy pack
-Kroothawks

Heavy
-Krootox pack
-Gnarlocks

Okay. this was last saturday. Also see to understand why you are a faggot.

Personally i find missile lauchers to be shit, becusae atuo cannon are so good, but what ever workws for you man

Actually I could maybe find points to change them to Lascannons. Or just take heavy bolters. I'm using Steel Legion models and they don't have auto cannons ;_;

>i play skitarii!
>has cawrl and custodes
really activated my almond

>calls me a fag for being nice
>posts his pictures sideways
Why are normies on my general?

Welp cant say i understand, but hay man, what ever gets you going.

you should write the word faggot in very small writing, somewhere he wont see it until much later

For their points autocannons are statistically better than las canons against everything not AV 14

Remember for every 1 lascannon shot you could have 4 autocannon dice

Wait, does this extend to Chaos havkos? even with tank hunters? fuuuuuuuck

Is the "Warlord" book any good?

How much would it cost to commission duncan to paint my army?

But Autocannons can't explode vehicles
Also, like I said, I don't have Autocannons.
I might buy some more Lascannons and try to convert them into Autocannons, but so far I've got nothing but MLs, HBs and LCs.

Ask him

So, are there two different Null Maiden Task Force formations? The burning of prospero data sheet says the formation confers Warp Siphon, but the Talons codex says it gives Nauseating Aura and Rite of Annulment.

Do lascannon, whilst autos are sweet as, lascannons will make you opp sweat buckets

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/10/thuderhawk-inbound/
THE DREAM IS DEAD

Nothing
>find Duncan's address
>send him an assembled and unpainted army as a gift to show him how much you appreciate his work
>send him a request for one part of one model like the camo cloak on a scout
>he makes a daily Duncan video showing how to do it, using your model as an example
>make alt account and message him again for a different part like the armour
>do this again and again until the model is done
>repeat for years until entire army is complete like this
>at the same time go to college and move to U.K.
>get job at GW and work your way up
>become CEO
>go to the painting shop where Duncan is chained up to paint 23 hours a day
>free him in return for your army
>zero dollars spent

Hoping for a lucky six constantly is not a good way to play imo

Why the fuck is GW making FW models, what is the point of FW?!

I mean I would use autocannons if I had them. But right now it's the three options I mentioned previously, and I tend to lean towards MLs.

>literally a giant forge world banner at the top

Spot the user who can't read

Clickbite at its finest!

>We can now announce that the Forge World studio are nearing completion on a brand new updated version.

Yes they cannot read.

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/09/shadow-war-armageddon-the-rules-available-soon/

We will have the rulebook for pre-order on the 22nd of this month.

>We don't know our consumers
>The movie
>The post
>The Book

and it comes with rules for inquisition & sororitas, hurray

But???!!!

No!!!!!

Resin sisters When?

Probably in that GW owns FW so anything that FW makes is also made by GW.

Like how Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are two different corporations but Sam's Club is Way-Mart's bitch that it smacks around and kicks but still buys nice things for on occasion so it doesn't run away.

Explain?

FW and Citadel are subsidiaries of Games Workshop.

Ultimately GW owns all licensed material and models, they can do as they please.

I bet GW will charge £25 for that book.

I was actually wondering about things like Titans, GMC and super heavies made in plastic or under GW name instead of FW.

So not doing a plastic thunderhawk is confusing in this age of make everything in plastic.

I'm just here to say, if there is a god, 40k will be nothing like age of shit-mar and there dumpster fire of a rule set

They can't make the new boxes of the game fast enough so they are releasing just the rules so

Their consumers aren't patient.

thank you for reiterating my point, without the domestic abuse analog.

How's this looking?

That I couldn't answer as I am not sure on the production cost differences between Resin and Plastic, and the supply chain it would go through. I'm sure there is a business decision this went through probably based on resin runs being less expensive than plastic for shorter runs.

They are suprise about the huge demand it had.
It was hyped beyond end, hinting at Necromunda and second editions, things that new hear in legends of old of glorious past and old players are like sweet old stuff I used to play as a kid.

Their consumer want this things.
The same thing happen with Vyridian and Celestine, they are utterly confuse about it. Like they don't understand people want this things.

It feels like non marine products in their eyes shouldn't sell. So people asking for non marine stuff confuse them.

Well all the rumors say the core set of rules (which will be online for free) is 10 pages. 1.5 times the size of AoS.

That said AoS plays pretty well and it's rules are attractive to this thing called new players. My Warhammer40k Community needs new life. And a stream lined game would help it grow. Hell the WHFB group tripled after Generals handbook.

Sorry not all of us are in a communist utopia and are actually quite used to paying money we make from our jobs for things we want

Not enough AT.

Don't put splinter racks on a blaster squad.

Power swords are shit on troupe masters, give them a relic weapon or give them caresses.

Don't give every harlie a weapon, leave some bare bones to eat bullets for you.

>So not doing a plastic thunderhawk is confusing in this age of make everything in plastic.

Resin can hold much finer detail than plastic, so for these really big centerpiece models (which are usually marketed towards more experienced hobbyists), it's the better choice.

Yeah and? That's about in line with the rest of their pricing.

I think he's more saying that 25 British Pounds is too high. I would agree about $10 American would be right.

>huge massive release
>hyped to oblivion
>company gives stores exactly 3 of this thing and a set of knives to the customers can fight it out in honor duels
>sold out for six months
Is GW Nintendo?

Wait really? Admittedly I don't have much experience with resin besides Veridyan but I thought plastic was better for details.

Why aren't centerpies models like Riptide and Magnus in resin then?

It just feels random

>1.5*4=10

Now listen I'm premed and we stop with math after calc but something seems off about that

Recent GW plastic kits have been quite detailed. I doubt they have any problems with something like a thunderhawk which is a big brick anyway.

Plus, added bonus of not breaking someone's foot if it falls

Why? We're talking about the company that makes 40k, the core rulebook of which is like $80. Expecting it to be less than $25 at a minimum is silly.

Huh? Yeah, 1.5 is 6 you have to add that to the original 4

It's a pretty meaty rulebook for a really good campaign that can be played over and over

I'd say $25 is reasonable and $35 would be after the GW Jewish tax

>and it's rules are attractive to this thing called new players.

Which will do you absolutely no good if you drive off your existing player base. 40k isn't a dead game that desperately needed an injection of fresh blood like AoS did. If GW gives 40k's rules the Sigmar treatment, I guarantee you that far more people will leave than will take the game up.

Well GW can't do proper resin models.

That would imply that GW knows what they are doing. GW simply did not knew this was something. While Nintendo knows making thing feel rare and hard to find, keep their brand value high.

/hhg/ is back up, for those who care.

10 is 2.5 times larger than 4

Not really, considering AoS rules are fine and only grognards like you are the ones complaining.

So is it me or does it look smaller than the original?

That's not what you said

Whatever this isn't the math autism board

I didn't know Veridyan was resin when I ordered her and when I opened the box I was like "what the fuck is this shit, did I get a counterfeit?"

Me and a tankspam guard player were fighting (read, getting murderfucked by) a demons player using a chaos knight and an infernal tetrad. One of the demon princes made it to my allies' squadron and ate all three tanks in one turn.

The demon player was so excited that as he turned to walk around the table and start roflstomping my troops with the knight that he forgot to check his surroundings. The sleeve of his hoodie caught the lead tank's barrel. That tank slid back into the two co-tanks and those three all caught the tanks behind it. The whole clusterfuck of 5 vehicles flew off the table with enough force that one of them exploded.

Mind you, this was not my army, which was carefully assembled and painted over the course of months: it was my allies, who were unpainted save for two which survived unscathed. But it was still a rather shocking development.

I looked at my army precariously pressed against the rear of the deployment zone and started packing up. I'm okay with having my army destroyed, but I don't want my army LITERALLY destroyed!

The demon player apologized and helped pick us the mess. Honestly, given his models were "Golden Deamon" to my "average" to my ally's "assembled in ten minutes", I think this is the happiest outcome that could have involved destroyed models that day.

I get the feeling that's what the whole '3 ways to play' thing is going to be. Ypure gonna have some super rules-light AiD thing that has some basic concepts of the game but ignores a lot of stuff, then you'll have a more narrative model that isn't as focused on balance but instead adds on to the above with ways to have things fit a scenario and make sense with fluff. Then the last one will be the revamp of the current rules. Some changes to trim the fat and make it mesh better for people who learned through one of the other ways.

That would be the smart thing to do. Have the basic rules be like a boxed game, then you add sspecial rules, scenarios and missions, then you add points and more complex interactions

What faction/chapter/warband is the most Jewish/Israeli in 40k?

>Veeky Forums should be /pol/
Fuck off.

I did say 1.5 times more than right? Indicating the amount was increased by 150% of the original for a total of 250%?

Ah well I may have mistyped.

Again their goal is to make 40K between their entry level game AoS and their Veteran game HH.

Your cover saves and Ap are going away, replaced by to Hit modifiers and Armor Penalties. -jazz hands- The game is getting a streamline that is almost 5 years overdue.

What ever army you like and/or play.

Your favorite one

gee I dunno