Imperial Guard creation thread

Attention maggots! I have been instructed to lead you sorry sacks of scum into the next battle in the name of our divine Emperor! So can someone tell me what type of regiment you lot are?!

>Regiment Classification d10

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Planetary Defense Force: What the Guard doesn't want, the PDF will take.

>Recruitment Criteria d100

lets try again

try the options field user

Rolled 29 (1d100)

Caste-born: Raised from birth in the warrior caste.

>Nature of Recruitment d10

>Classification
dice+1d10

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Standard conscription: Average or above-average citizens recruited

>Home World d100

Rolled 78 (1d100)

Civilized World: Soft as clay before the firing of the kiln; war is their crucible.

>Home World Predominant Terrain (d100)

Rolled 27 (1d100)

Desert: At home in sun, sand and wind.

>Regiment Core Units (d100)

This could be interesting.

Im thinking warrior tribes. But with the intelligence of standard line infantry... but we need to know what species of line infantry. There are many.

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Shock Troopers

>Specialization (d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Counter

>Loyalty Rating (d10)

Counter

>Loyalty Rating (d10)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Undisciplined: Will follow the Emperor but don't expect them to bow to authority figures.

>Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Preferred Fighting Style

>Regiment Creed (d100)

Rolled 96 (1d100)

Esoteric Beliefs

Wow, so many high rolls in this thread

>Regiment Friends (d100)

Rolled 46 (1d100)

Adepta Sororitas

>Regiment Enemies (d100)

Rolled 100 (1d100)

Neato, it's a mino xenos

>Minor Xenos Species/Empires(1d100)

Rolled 2 (1d100)

Tau Empire (alternatively, you may select a particular Tau force or leader)

ok that was the entire table! Now let's fluff them out!

So its a PDF regiment from a civilized desert world. They are shock troopers who are undisciplined with esoteric beliefs and a preferred fighting style. Not to mention that are raised in a warrior caste but are in the PDF via standard conscription.

So what exactly is their preferred fighting style?

Given that they are a PDF and not standard guard it gives fair reason for them to have either indigenous weaponry or standard autoguns and lasguns.

Equally recruitment could be changed to Elite Tithe since the regiment is caste born which would make more sense.

So what does "counter" mean and what is the unique fighting style of these desert shock troopers?

>Unique Fighting Style
Ramming speed->Boarding party for vehicle to vehicle combat?

They hit and run the enemy into hard kill zones. Think like Fremen in Dune. Bait the enemy in, then spring the trap.

Also, now I think about it Fremen is even better, what with being undisciplined on the battle field, and liking the Church Militant. Maybe some fairly religious guys who act like the SoBs act.

They embraced their powerful sand-based economy. As a result, their preferred weaponry involves the use of sand in close quarters altercations. Pocket sand, if you will.

>Sand Machine Guns
>Fire blasts of sand at incredible speeds
>side effect causes some of the sand to crystallize
>Literally blowing glass at infantry

And thus the Glass Blasters were born. All cower in their glassy shadow. While some call their methods unorthodox, those people are often silenced by a swift handful of sand to the eyes.

>Glass Blasters
>not Glass Cannons
Th' Imperium don't kill people, the heresy does. They don't like hearing it, but it's the truth.

bump

so they fire supercharged sand particles...shredding the flesh from their enemies very bones!!...now...who are their enemies again?

The Tau

You've got this all wrong.

The only weapon that could actually do serious damage is a sand blaster. They could cut through shear flesh and plastcrete.

I'd suggest using them as some form of flamer template weapon which has a close combat ability too.

>we've created an imperial guard regiment that is basically an army of Dale Gribbles who sand blast tau into submission.
I suggest that the regiment culture consists of extremely paranoid isolationism. Given that they are a planetary defense force, this could be feasible. Glass Cannon Guardsmen are obsessed with secrets, conspiracies, and seeking the truth.

Possible Regiment names:
Glass Blasters
Glass Cannons
Sand Warriors
Dust Devils
Sand Kickers
Presters (Latin for sandstorm according to google translate)
Presternauts
Sand Sharks
I'm running out of ideas... i'm not feeling especially creative at the moment

Let's go with Glass Cannons