Weekly MTG Spoilers thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/the-aftermath-of-amonkhet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Huh, seems reasonably costed, though I was hoping for more removal or counter spells for blue.

>4 mana 2/2
>not even instant
We have both Shamble Back and Vile Rebirth. This could have been two mana.

commander bait

It does cost 2 mana, there's just an additional 2 mana tax put on it for being stapled to another card

idk user, it's instant, so if you hold up fatcaster mana and don't need the fatcaster it digs you four cards and nets two. It might just be good enough as a one of in gearhulk focused control decks.

I don't know, I feel like scry 2 -- draw2 +2 energy for 4 mana is equal

Instant makes it pretty good in commander

This one is more flexible when casting from hand. I think they're pretty equal overall.

JACETICE LEAGUR GET OFF MY PLANE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's gotta be fake where's the number crunch

FUCKING SORCERY FUCK OFF WIZARD YOU DUMB CUNTS

I don't think you'd drop a glimmer for it, but I feel like you wouldn't miss an anticipate

The "your hand" typo seals this as fake.

lies

What typo

It should be "its owners hand" othewise you end up with cards you don't own in your hand if control ever exchanges.

It should be "owner's hand". They word it this way so people don't accidentalyl steal cards

EDH / 10
Still doesn't stop the set from being Kamigawa 2.0: Shit Cards Errywhere Boogaloo

Cards in hand matters really makes it feel like Kamimgawa

Saw cycling and I got excited about reliving the best decks of Odyssey Onslaught standard.

I am now left with the ash of Sweep and Epic in my mouth

mtggoldfish.com/articles/the-aftermath-of-amonkhet
On a related note, here is a full explanation on why Aftermath is complete shit in every way. Design, framing, function, playability, etc.

>tits that large and prominent on Nissa
>in the year of our lord 2017

Nice fan art, gave me a chuckle.

He would be so good. If there was more minotaurs worth playing.

There are a few good minotaurs now but they all cost 3 mana.

The art is definitely real, I saw it in the original leaks back in February

>three drop that dies to bolt and has no immediate affect on the game state
Even in Standard, shock is legal right now.

>support for minotaur tribal years after Theros

what did WOTC mean by this

Mhm, sure. If that art is real then I'll go pre-order a foil copy of it and post a cummed on version of it in the next Modern thread after release.

EDH, and casuals more generally.

the card isn't real, just the art is. it's been used in promotional stuff.

Are they REALLY trying to push Hellbent this set?

Wow a pretty interesting legendary lord for EDH that literally no one that plays the format asked for. Meanwhile Ishkana and The legendary Werewolf that I can't even remember the name of are huge misfires. Who is in charge of this??

If there are any Minotaur lovers out there, congrats I guess? Bet you would have loved this when Theros was around.

That's what he's saying you chucklefuck.
"if that art is real"

I'm giving you shit because you can't read. Imagine the trouble you'd have caused if this were about a more complicated matter than a fake card with real art.

"Art is real" as in it is really on the card. Obviously the art actually exists SOMEWHERE. This is the definition of arguing semantics.

He called it fan art, someone else said the art is real, clearly he meant "official WotC artwork" not "art that exists" you fucking troglodyte

Yeah, I was talking about limited. And dies to shock isn't really what determined is a card is good or bad.

Are you fucking retarded?

I think this author was in a bit too much of a hurry to shit on the mechanic. Failure//Comply for example doesn't really compare to any of the cards they brought in as examples, being a 2cmc permission card with a Silence-like effect stapled to it. Is it the best thing since sliced bread? No no it's not. Are most of the Aftermath cards uninspired and/or underpowered? Yes, I think that's a fair statement.

But I think it's a little hasty to say that all of them are shit, and I think a lot of the comparisons people are making to other cards are shaky.

The art is real, it belongs to Wizards, the card from facebook is fake fake fake.

Let us move on.

Yes we are both aware that the art is real. Where it came from doesn't matter we were talking about the obvious fake card. It's not my fault he can't form his sentences correctly.

You clearly are if you think that fanart being real means that the art on that card is real.

More aftermath garbage

>there are still (STILL) people who don't understand that Nissa tits are allowed on everything except the box art, because of the ESRB

>actually deemed too powerful for Standard

It's funny how prepare-to-fight is looked at THREE times and it failed to state that it's strictly better than Moment of Heroism and the "untap" clause actually makes it playable.

nissa is a sexy

That was retarded. He basically said that the mechanic is bad because the cards that have it are mostly not viable in constructed formats.
The mechanic is literally a combination of flashback and split cards.

This is Desolator-tier bad.
Wow.

It's not too bad.

why wouldn't they ake the bility "minotaurs you control have first strike" instead of giving him first strike?

Feels like it was printed in the wrong order.
>I'm going to cast a spell that requires limited mana
>and the Aftermath will limit your mana

I guess throw one into the yard, and cast a second from hand?
But we're way over costed for these. I'd rather have the Aftermath in the yard and then cast some other counterspell. Reduce is shit.

Because he would lose first strike if you changed his creature type to Octopus.

Because you know some guy would get arsey about it.

They always word it that way (with the sole exception of slivers) because people are dumb and think it doesn't apply to the creature itself unless you have to jump through some hoop to get it.
Though it also means that if he ever becomes not a minotaur, he still has first strike.

I don't know how to feel about this, somehow it managed to be worse than Aether Revolt

They did this on the Warrior lords in Tarkir as well.
It's to simplify bookkeeping, except back in Tarkir, it actually ruined the cards because it meant Chief of the Edge, with Power 3, can't be pulled out of the graveyard by Alesha.

So, ultimately it's a bad idea, but Wizards will do it anyway.

It's trash but I like it
I expect a lot of salt over this card in limited

I guess the point in limited is you counter their spell, wasting their turn, then next turn keep their lands tapped down.

Which assuming you have a board state of any kind sounds fine, but if you're empty and they've got shit the second half sounds awful

>Yfw Camel, Desert and Desert twister won't be reprinted

There is a very good reason MTGO makes more than 50% of sales now. WotC can make money of things other than packs, because packs are a terrible business model at this point in the game's life cycle.

So they really aren't going to spoil any of the gods today?

thank you

I'd tap it.

Not necessarily next turn.

You just keep your gameplan going and when you reach a crucial point you cut them off one mana color.

Its a good value card.

They spoiled Oketra

This is triggering, Isn't it? What was the logic? Was it an oversight?

look you cryptonigger, the objection raised was that art had to be fanart because muh soggy knee or some dumb shit like that, buy the art is, in fact, WOTC promotional material. That is, it's "real".

i agree with you, i like the card, but 3 mana leak sounds like standard only to me.(which is not a problem, just saying)

Nissa is a Nazi, and not even a cool Nazi like the Lorwyn Elves, she's the fantastical equivalent to one of those inbred skinhead neo-Nazis

Are you okay? Why are you bringing /pol/ shit into this? No one said anything about /pol/ except you.

Fuck off kiddo.

>First Strike + Deathtouch + Trample

>not wanting to fuck a nazi

Wow, that one user a while back predicted it almost perfectly.

Here elf supremacist stance got retconned in Origins. She's just a boring (if fuckable) hippie now.

Saving text.

>dies to bolt until Rageblood lands
I want Wizards to print good lords that aren't for Elves or merfolk.

There are things that do interact with this.

if Warcaller lost his creature type, he wouldn't have haste, but if Felhide lost his creature type he would still have deathtouch.
Though I bet development doesn't really look that much into it, unless there is easy access to creature type changing.

>/pol/
Because he said nigger? Fucking niggers.

I think the issue is that Kragma Warcaller gives all minotaurs you control Haste and doesn't have it itself, which is inconsistent when compared to the other Minotaur effects in the same exact block.

anyone know what the lgs pay for the commander anthology?
i might be able to get it for that price and was figuring out if they suddenly become worth it.

same question for modern masters 2017 and regular boosterboxes

Dr. /pol/, I'm /pol/
Get on board, we'll call it in together
The Amonkhet set I filed with WotC lists me, trash cards, and one bomb mythic
First one to crack one gets $100

if only Nissa was a Nazi, she would have depth

My biggest problem with Kragma isn't even that. Haste is an ability that is only useful when played early, but he costs fucking 5, which means that he is only going to be the last to be cast.

Gideon of the Trials is not equivalent to Liliana of the Veil.

Please stop forcing this.
Trials Gideon is shit. SHIT.

That gets some points for being a fun use of red getting "lands don't untap next turn".

Minotaurs have another 3 drop that reduces Minotaur costs by BR. Also, he gives +2/+0.

She's a reformed nazi, they referenced her fuck ups in a previous story in Kaladesh block

She is and she isn't. At the same time.
Nothing about Nissa makes sense anymore, she has two seperate backstories that are both in use in different - and sometimes THE SAME story - and nobody knows what the fuck is going on other than 'she is from Zendikar', 'she went to Lorwyn', and 'she blew up the Eye of Ugin'. The reasons and circumstances for the latter two, of course, keep changing.
I blame Sarkhan. And WotC for trying to make Elf Hitler the face of green simply because elf with tits.

I think it has more to do with them making Garruk turn into an unstoppable Planeswalker murder machine and thus she was the leftover mono green walker they had to use

>implying it's possible for an Obergruppenführer to repent

First part is not that good but I like the second part.

Atleast they didn't try to shove this into a rare slot.

She's just unlikeable. It's very obvious she's only there because 1. woman 2. elf 3. Garruk got too rapey

A real shame too, a badass huntsman is way cooler than multiple choice backstory soulless cliche elf.

They could've had that whole plotline finish with Garruk being fine again instead of deciding hunting planeswalkers is Fun.
They could've introduced another planeswalker instead of making the GB one (who happened to only have a monoG card) G.
They could have done a lot of things. Instead we got ASHAYAAA, because elf tits.

It really does annoy me how WotC is CONSTANTLY fucking up and making mistakes, but if you try to criticize them, it's nothing but smugness and "Listen, we know best, OK? The new set is going to be great".

Until the market research comes out and reveals that all the criticisms were right, and then its "We're very sorry and we've learned our lesson" and the same smugness next time around.

Fucks.

Why is fucking Never a fucking sorcery.

This is why I've been buying from chinaman for the last two years.

>No one said anything about /pol/ except you.

The first fucking post from the idiot who thought it was fanart is a le current year meme.

Guys please. Let's all calm down so we can hate on the true enemy, Wizards of the Coast

haha yes.
little does WotC know, I've been buying up Atogs for years. Soon, there will be a sudden and irreversible price spike. Already we are seeing the results. Ravenous Intruder has been printed, and now I am buying up copies as well.
It is only a matter of time before these cards sell for $7 a pop, much like the recent Street Wraith spike.