mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>Turbo Depths
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgtop8.com/event?e=15182&d=292076&f=LE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bombed out of the Worcester open this weekend. I'm fairly new to the deck, and I wasn't playing the pact build, so that's not surprising. Even if I was, that wouldn't be surprising lol. Fun anway. Had some insane games, had teammates get kicked out of the venue, had teammates disappear for 24+ hours. Wild.

I bear a guy through a chalice on 1 the the before he would have killed me with Marit Lage. He even put it on board because he knew I couldn't touch it. Felt good.

I also had a guy scoop g1 to me because he's seen what I was playing and wanted to basically pre-side and guarantee that he'd be on the play. Got him my first turn anyway, which was hilarious.

Any recs on budget decks? Fluctuatir has been suggested to me but seems pretty bad. Turbo Depths is pretty good but just a little too pricey.

An idiot is still arguing in the spoiler thread that miracles is not draw go control.
The next thing they are going to say is that countertop should not been banned.
Thanks Chinamen fakes for allowing these retards to play legacy

Fluctuator is silly fun bUT bad. Turbo depths is a pretty good deck and can definitely be built on a budget. Burn will always get you good bang for your buck.

>pay to win general

A prison deck with permission and questionable sources of card advantage is not draw-go.

>A control Deck that plays the game at instant speed, does not tap out on his own turns and overwhelmes the opponent with CA is not draw go
Nice meme

If you're going to play turbo depths, go full turbo. There are slower builds that are arguably more consistent but they play wasteland which cranks the price way up.

You can cut the fetch/dual base for fast lands too if you want to really go cheap

>prison deck
Guy...

Do I foil out Entomb, Cabal Therapy, or Unmask next? Original printings of course.

i vote therapy.

ban terminus

Sounds like somebodies Zombie tribal brew got torched at FNM.

>tfw reanimator deck is cresting $2,000 after pimping with no proportional increase in win %

On the other hand I started foiling out DDFT and had a pretty good run at SCG Worcester. Experiment is inconclusive.

>mandarin ritual
>not Masques

Ken Meyer ritual is best ritual this side of Sandra Everingham. Its only fault is that it will never receive the foiling it deserves.

>not going for graveborn pringles foils
You had one job.

Why the hell would anybody want to play this deck? It seems so bad. Help me understand. I know it has some fanatical devotees out there but i don't see what they do in it.

>Not liking Rebecca guay ritual
>Liking foils
Commit seppuku now and free this world of your shitaste

say that 2 my face an not online fgt

Your taste is shit and nobody wants to look at your shit cards. Also your deck is bad

Is this the part where we make out?

God I hope so. Sweaty neckbeards macking is my deal. I'll crank down to that any day.

For some reason when i see that duress i always think its an alt art tendrils

Seems like legacy is getting more popular at my shop. Feels good man. Persistence is key and also parading dope cards around while insisting others can have them too with proper discipline.

Gotta go fast beep beep raise hell praise Dale, basically. But it has a lot more depth of play and build flexibility than people realize. There's RSI, the old school robots/tallmen build, which offers a solid whiff recovery and probaby the 2nd best speed. QSI, quasi SI, which is barely an SI because it almost never goes off turn 1, bu is super resilient to counter magic. There's SITES, which is a hybrid with TES, often uses a wishboard for utility, and can sometimes feel like belcher without belcher. And there's PSI, the pact build, which is a very different animal from the others. It has close to a 70% t1 win rate if uninterrupted, and uses a super weird sideboard to grind out long wins in the ass half of the match.

Skilled pilots could probably take QSI and PSI, which seem like the most worthwhile builds imo, to good tournament results. If Belcher can do it then so can the Grinch. But nobody plays it because it's tough to play well and people are little babies about their combos getting interrupted.

>no tin fins listed
has it been lumped with reanimator or am i just the only one who wants to play this deck?

The op is in need of updating. It's missing turbo depths too. But listing ev r y deck is pretty unwieldy

Will this see play in Lands? I'm eager to test it out.

Seems more like they just discovered Chinamen fakes

Sure, if the China man prints cards out with an ink jet printer. Two of them have nearly completed show and tell and infect and I know them well enough that they would tell me if they were rocking high quality proxies. Would make any difference as we'd play all the same.

Against what and why? Isn't firespout used for most horde tactics?

Well it's on color and can be cast from the graveyard after you mill it with loam. Seems worth a test even if it ends up being weak.

>nigger_what_r_u_doing.jpg
absolutely disgusting

Piranha Marsh
Sunscorched Desert
Worldgorger Dragon
Animate Dead

LET'S
FUCKING
GO

>doesn't even enter tapped
this might actually work. I could see this as a solid hyper-budget option

You some kinda Lawrence Snelly fan boy?

Tin-fins is often lumped in with reanimator. I think it's appropriate.

Favorite burn lists?

This dude seems pretty slick.

Nice

Hits top, deathrite, fetches. Seems good.

>fetches
Shit, I didn't even think about that. Wew

Oh.

>doesn't hit planeswalkers

Come on, Wizards... just print cards that interact with them as much as other things, for fuck's sake.

It would literally make every planeswalker completely worthless. Like, not worth running in any deck ever.

GOOD

What's the problem with that, except for WotC losing some profits after Timmy is mad his PWs behave like magic cards?

Oh..

>Seems more like they just discovered Chinamen fakes
It really depends, there is a bigger legacy presence at my store too (thanks to my involvement with helping marketing for the store) but the decks are stuff like MUD/Elves/Dredge.

Now if you saw some rando walk up with a Czech Pile, you'd probably be suspicious. How do you even detect fakes, anyway? Are they just really obviously bad?

>Czech Pile
Just tried it out, had an hour long match vs miracles. I really like the deck, though.

Just went with a gut as a legacy casual. How to improve or abandon ship.

I'd just max out on combo pieces and disruption. Probably should be playing 4 dragons. And Cabal therapy. You'd want max discard spells that can target yourself. Also probably collective brutality.

How's this?
Still plenty of flex slots in the Wraiths and Probes.

That's more along the line's of what I was thinking. Probe seems fine, has synergy with therapy. Street Wraith seems a little bad. Could play something like Night's whisper instead, might as well have real CA if you're going to be losing 2 life anyway. I'dd need to test it.

Cut the Wraiths for an additional Unmask and one-of Buried Alive, Night's Whisper and Altar of the Brood (ninth killpiece, anti-Leyline of Sanctity)
Not a big difference but goldfishing both to get some feel.

why would you give a fuck if someone was using fakes? Its one more person you can play legacy with

>Hits top, deathrite, fetches. Seems good.

Do you think that it would make the cut in a legacy burn deck? I'm playing mono-red without Grim Lavamancer, I'm seriously thinking of removing the fetchlands and running him, more or less as another Eidolon.

He would also hit Stoneforge mystic, equipments, Inkmoth Nexus, but would be pretty useless against ANT, SnS or Eldrazi.

looks cheap and at least somewhat efffective

Is there a non-budget version or is this the only Worldgorger list?

Stick him in the side and take note of how often and for what matches you bring him in for.

I feel like any reanimator list not jamming Griselbrand is doing itself a disservice. It would afford you another target if worldgorger gets sniped pitches to unmask and draws you into the kill otherwise. I also question the efficiency of the worldgorger over something like the children/ tendrils package. Having to get your hands on the reanimation combo AND a pinger land [spooler]half of which hamper your speed while the other half only taps for and all eight die to wasteland, feels bad man.

Also hits vial, so that's bonus as well. Btw, why would you need to remove fetchlands to run him?

You wouldn't.

It's a material of no longer needing the fodder to fuel lavamancer.

But if he's playing lavamancerless version, why is he playing fetches in the first place?

Huh. He did say without. Well that's red mages for you.

If you can get your hands on only the reanimation enchantment and the dragon, you can draw the game. This is definitely a consideration. 3 card combos often aren't great, but because 1/3rd of the combo is the mana base it takes up less real estate in the deck. I'm not saying it's good necessarily, just that it can do some things. Also I'm pretty sure it's cheap as fuck. Like 100 bucks.

>can draw the game
I hadn't realized that. I guess it really can't be stopped if you have no other targets and your opponent is a potato. I'm not skilled enough to know how or when I can leverage this to my benefit. Price point is definitly a boon and it nets one a lot of solid staples for later upgrading. My competative drive often blinds me to price. Despite everything, the mana base is really making me twitch.

Worldgorger has some vintage lists that use blue for force of wills, you could look for those for ideas.

Basically if you're dead on board or something, and you're missing the wincon land, you just try to jam the dragon loop anyway. The game ends in a draw and you get another chance. To do this there would have to be no creatures in your opponents grave either, but it will come up at some point. Also it's always funny when a judge gets called about it.

Me again, sorry for the delay. I'm running the fetches mostly because I was transitioning from a deck with Lavamancers to a Rw version.
I didn't remove them because that change was supposed to be a fast process, and then money disappeared and now I'm seriously considering monoR again. I'll remove the (7) fetches, add (5) mountains.

That will let me bring 2 searing blazes from the sideboard in the main deck, and put 2 mentors in the main deck.

Mentors in the sideboard, fuck.

That should be sunscorched desert, not desert.

no but his duress is infinitely better than this cringeworthy shit

OH YEAH WELL do you have any dope foils? Can I see them? Maybe snap a sweet spread of your deck?That better not be you, 12post guy.

>miracles
>prision deck
user.............

So I've been playing Burn and Czech Pile on XMage, they're pretty fun. I really like Leylines, though. Is there anything like that but good?

BR Reanimator is the best gotcha deck in the format, try it.

Looks great, thanks.

>Just tried it out, had an hour long match vs miracles. I really like the deck, though.

Yeah fuck that, did you win at least?

>why would you give a fuck if someone was using fakes? Its one more person you can play legacy with

Actually a really good point. And for what it's worth, I'm not saying I'm care, I'm more asking about how you would even be able to tell unless it's obviously really shitty. I still wouldn't call a judge or anything.

>I feel like any reanimator list not jamming Griselbrand is doing itself a disservice.

Ah, I miss the days where you actually had to think about what creature you'd have in your reanimator deck.

>did you win at least?
Almost, but he won the game 3 topdeck war.

>watching some pro stream a deck you like
>endless retardation
>comments trying to salvage the player's lack of skill but ending up being equally/more retarded
It hurts so much but I can't stop.

the best chinamen fakes are actually pretty good, especially ones with just the black and white set symbols (like FoW) because the set symbols are usually noticeably different. Aside from that, you can really only tell if you compare them side by side, but even then you can't be certain that its not just slightly different printings. I have real cards that are significantly lighter than average, the printing of old cards was much less consistent. If you take them out of their sleeves though, the fakes are glossier and the backs are consistently darker. They also don't pass the light test, so if you want to be certain you can shine a flashlight or something through it and you can see a pretty big difference.

Sometimes I feel this way watching mengucci's cfb videos. I love the legacy content, but some of his plays are pretty questionable. That being said, he does a good job of recognizing his mistakes (even though there are a lot of them). Plus I feel he doesn't get enough credit for constantly changing decks and making new content every week. He doesn't really get a chance to put a ton of time into some of the more obscure decks that he plays, so it's understandable that he doesn't know some of the more nuanced interactions and lines.

What fakes do you people actually run, and what sleeve set up do you use? They few china fakes Ive seen looked like shit, and the colors were fucked. It was a challice that was REALLY light, and an aether vail that had a fucky set symbol.. Im sick of playing burn all the goddamn time.

>group has been all-in on EDH for almost a year
>having fun but starting to miss 60-card consistency
How do I convince them

You won't. EDH is a black pit of despair from which none return. You may be too far gone yourself. Best leave while you yet live.

I never understood people who are SUPER into commander and/or hate the retarded combos and dumb shit. The game is is for fun dumb shit anyway, like what are you even mad about? Commander is really fun, but I could never play ONLY commander.

Social format. It is just an excuse to hang out.

Honestly not a fan of MTG otherwise.

But you can do that with any format. like getting the team together and practicing legacy, testing new brews, whatever. Do some whiskey shots between rounds of your wednesday night draft. No need for 100 card decks and shitty house rules.

No scene for 60 card casual, no desire to play any tournament format.

The actual act of playing Legacy stresses me out. It genuinely is skill-testing in a way that my casual EDH decks are not.

What are some weird decks? Ones that look bad and confusing on paper but work great.

Confusing and weird glasscannon meme comboes like Oops, Horsemen and Leylines don't tend to work great nor consistent. Feel free to try cheese few wins though.

For me Nic Fit actually fits the bill of weird, bad, confusing and confusing on paper since I wouldn't expect anyone to bring such a fair, slow and durdly rock into legacy. The deck plays better than looks in my modest experience with/against it.

In the various LGSs I've been to, people tend to play "serious", and they have decks corresponding to the metagame mentioned in the OP.

There's not much room for someone bringing some shitbrew or wanting to play casual (like my wonderful 0-7 with turbostasis at a local tournament). Next time, I'll bring a Wr parfait deck.

>0-7
Jesus, were you running cancel or something?

Try this:

mtgtop8.com/event?e=15182&d=292076&f=LE