vocaroo.com/i/s0R4bdFj7Y93
vocaroo.com/i/s1fX8nCQ4aHv
youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hittin' with lyrics thats legendary
Musical mercenary
For money
I'll have these motherfuckin' druids buried

It's good to know that now when I use my time between quests for hookers and drinking, it's supported by WOTC

Tell us about that cutie in your party! Are you the cutie?

Post very lewd things

It'd be simpler to just make it a +1 for eldritch blasts , or 'spell attacks' much like a pactkeeper's rod (+1).

I think it'd be neater if you either:
A) Store a spell at the end of every long rest that you can't swap out until the next long rest
or
B) As before, use it to buff the 'ready' action. You could even have it last an extra round, so you can ready a spell one turn and then the next turn use both the readied spell and take your turn.

Really, it feels like actions such as 'ready' and 'dodge' are seriously underused, they can be pretty neat. But they're usually restricted by things like not being able to extra attack or the way spells work with them. So you can make magic items to make those approaches better.

Druids are normal.

So I'm working on a backstory on my teleporting Tiefling and I want to make a backstory this is what I have so far

>Young tiefling mystic steals food with teleportation powers
>gets caught teleporting by a pro thief
>thief makes a deal with me giving food and a bed
>i'm look cool free bed and food

I want him to turn against me and I kill him to survive, but I kinda want some ideas on this transition and wanted some feedback on what I have so far.

Pathfaggots, go home.

yes

why are they in our thread, user?

Druids
are
GHEY!

have some lich love

I hope the party is protecting your smile!

Didn't you get banned?

I think he got warned

Post more warlocks.

Slam that report button, folks.

shame. a ban would do wonders for these threads. we wouldn't have to discuss his autistic dislike for druids for 5 minutes every time he posts.

But our home is a barren, wartorn wasteland.

Your thread is rich, cultured and is in desperate need of fresh blood. You must allow us safe harbor. You don't have anything against multi-threadism, do you?

I was the original Druid and I would be so glad to see this autist gone even though I wasn't nearly as retarded as him

And take the /pol/fags with you as you leave.

My Review of your backstory so far: vocaroo.com/i/s0R4bdFj7Y93

Polfags make up 99% of Veeky Forums don't you know

Can confirm, I personally make 90% of the posts on Veeky Forums.

That's no way to treat a new regular on /5eg/, is it?

No weebfugees allowed until we can figure out what's going on.

NEW SCHOOL SHOOTING

How should I get my players, who don't know each other, to come together and investigate some kobold shenanigans? Is a "You all saw a post on the job board at this one local tavern and it told you to come here at this time to receive your mission" acceptable railroading for the first session, or should I bother with a more elaborate setup?

And 75% of them are literally from leddit, your point?

that was the best LOL. I appreciate the feedback user

yw

WEEBFUGEES WELCOME.

HUGS FOR WEEBFUGEES.

weebs are sexy

What did we ever do to you /pfg/?

Which eye is Gruumsh missing?

Sometimes you just want to destroy a beautiful thing - this isn't even destroying it, just adding discussions YOU don't think are important. Stop being close-minded and be a bit more tolerant.

BUILD A WALL

>Try rolling out a sample for the "Buying magic items" portion of the new UA
>Spend 100g and two weeks alongside my +1 CHA mod
>Seller offers: 1 Potion of Supreme Healing (10d4 +20) for 10,000 gold
>Gets stolen by party enemies anyways
Th-thanks WotC

>Thoughts on the new arcana?

Yes! I was hoping for something like this. Honestly, while invading dungeons and getting treasure and slaying monsters is fun, I love the downtime stuff in D&D too.

Appearance is equal to ([Strength or Dexterity, player's choice] + Constitution + Charisma) ÷ 3, always rounding down the remainder.

So in my character's case, (20 DEX + 16 CON + 14 CHA) ÷ 3 = 16.67, or just 16. So...yeah, that's a +3 modifier to Appearance checks. I think she's pretty cute.

...oh, also, I guess there's pic.

LETS TALK ABOUT SORCERERS

POST CUTE SORCERERS

Why can't the guy just hand a Ring of Spell Storing tho?

Got an idea i wanted to share with you to see what you think.
I'm about to dm for a group of 4 moderately experienced players. I was thinking about having them roll for their attributes, but have the 24 results shared between all of them, and they have to chose how to distribute them.
I think it could help have a balanced party without a busted single character and a useless dude with only 8s and 9s.

don't give up

>+1 CHA mod
M8, you shouldn't be scouring the city.
Also, you rolled a 1 on a d10 for the complication chance or just assumed everything is awful?

>Pick the absolute best rolls
>Let the Bladelock get the shit rolls
>Bladelock dies in the first session
>Rerolls character

Do you want eugenics user? Because this is how we get eugenics

that sounds good. Or I could have it so it can be cast as a bonus action, so one round go with a store action, and the next he can cast two spells on the same turn. Sort of like a complicated twinned spell.

>not having the DM PC save the day every time someone nears death

"Ah shit does that mean I am dead? Ow well time to rero-"
"What is this!? the roof collapses above your character and the thieves were hiding healing crystals right above your head! roll 2 d20 healing"

16.0 here, but I'm playing a dude.
Which begs the question, how come most martial-based classes (notably, Paladins will generally want their three highest stats to be those used in that formula) get MORE attractive as they gain more experience? Wouldn't the scars and all that turn some people off?

It's the DMPC's scout elf. She doesn't do a lot in combat besides shooting at people every so often, but everyone took a liking to her quick enough.

Idk, you raise a good point, but the dudes don't seem the powergamer/minmaxer type.
Maybe I'll try it out and tell you how it went.

Post good homebrew so I can steal it for my own game.
I don't have any good homebrew so that's why I'm asking.

>filename.
>again.

With regards to readied actions, you can't use a ring of spell storing for reactions and if you could it'd be kinda stupid.
With regards to original idea of just storing spells in a gun.. It's a weaker version of that.

But, really, while you can say 'Why not use the PHB class?' to PHB homebrewers, you can't really say that with regards to magic items. Because half the magic items are shiiiiit.

It'd be a bit easier to keep is as a reaction, I guess, since that follows with...

To be honest, you can already do this, actually.
Ready action, 'Just before the start of my next turn, I use this.'

So eh.

hi again

That sounds like the worst demiplane of dread in ravenloft

>when the setting documentation is already 50 pages long without race details and Google Docs is chugging a little too much

Well I was trying to just fluff an item for the player to use. He wanted a pistol, I wanted to make the pistol interesting. I guess I could just refluff a ring of spell storing to be a pistol.

Do Simulacrum regain class features, such as Wild Shapes or Action Surges or Second Wind and shit?

That was pretty funny, hit me!

>Be Half-Elf Swashbuckler/Warlock

Was the navigator of a group of sailors who were killed in a life ending accident due to her misdirection. During the accident, she suffered grave wounds that would have killed her instantly, but in the near-death experience, a cold disembodied voice asked her to forge a pact for her servitude in return she would get her life back. To save her life and carry on the memory of the crew she saw as her family she accepted. She lives her life trying to find ways to make up for her failure with each scar and now newly acquired familiar (which is an owl, the symbol of her crew) being a constant reminder of her pact.

Give it all you got

>playing a dude.
>Which begs the question, how come most martial-based classes (notably, Paladins will generally want their three highest stats to be those used in that formula) get MORE attractive as they gain more experience?
Isn't that just how it works? I know that's how they market touch of gray hair dye, for example.

Um ok: vocaroo.com/i/s1fX8nCQ4aHv

>Not wanting catgirls to mark you as their territory
Step it up

Is forcing my foes to do INT saves a good idea?
Are there too many clever monsters?
Alternatively, what are the best saves, in order?

>INT saves
You mean WIL?

Okay, /5eg/, I'm going to float a terrible idea now, and I want to know what you think of it.

STORM KING'S THUNDER: THE MUSICAL.

Basic idea is that each of the 5 giant lords that the players run into will sing a song about their plans and goals and whatnot, in true Disney fashion (oh, I'm going to be modifying STK so that the players have to go to all 5 giant lords, not just any one). Various other characters will probably have their own songs, too, including of course Sarissa, King Hekaton himself, and basically anyone else I can think of.

The idea came to me when I was thinking about how to make Chief Guh more interesting and I found myself humming Tamatoa's "Shiny" song from Disney's Moana...which started transforming into "Hefty". Which made me start thinking of other Disney villain songs I could apply to the other giant lords.

Basiclly, /5eg/, either talk me out of this idea, or talk me into it.

>Well y'know Ah haven't always been this large
>Ah was a wee little lass once
>Now ye see Ah'm roughly the size of a barge
>Ah'm now corpulent, babies...

>So Annam wants to tear down the Ordnung
>An' change the way things are down here?
>Well that's a craic an' Ah'll give it mah best shot
>And so you see
>Ah've made mahself

>Hefty!
>So that Annam cannae help but look and see
>Ah'm the biggest 'cause Ah'm so
>Hefty!
>An' Ah'm not nearly as big as Ah could be
>Can't ye see?
>Don't you know?

>Me kin are dumb, dumb, dumb
>They bring all the food in the land (it's sad)
>Oh, and here they come, come, come
>To the biggest, smartest giant
>Mmm, screw diets!
>Ah just love free food (free food)
>Even if it's wee food (wee food...)

youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q

>vocaroo.com/i/s1fX8nCQ4aHv
Kek, not bad, thanks man!

oh
my
god

biggest cringe in years

holy shit

>Wouldn't the scars and all that turn some people off?

Depends on the scar and the person you're trying to attract. Scars can be attractive. Plus you can always abuse the fact that hit points are not necessarily meat points. Maybe you don't have any scars.

Gloriously stupid. Do eet.
What?

>not bad
it's all i can hope for really

There's definitely a market for gruff, worn dudes with chiseled, scarred bodies so I see your point, but don't a lot of PC's adventuring lives start pretty early on their life?

What about females? Some people aren't gonna be able to get behind beefcakes if they're not cute, no matter how attractive otherwise.
Still, at least it makes more sense than ''Charisma alone as physical attractiveness''.

>when the setting documentation is already 50 pages long without race details and Google Docs is chugging a little too much

DM here (not yours). I've...noticed I have that problem, and imposed a rule on myself that setting documentation now cannot exceed 10 pages max.

Go for it

Holy shit.

I'm going to have the Abbot do it in Curse of Strahd

"I can hear the bells" from Hairspray

They're directly based on Abilities now.

I'm running Curse of Strahd, and one of my players is playing a very scholarly character. Would it make sense for him to know anything history, religious, etc. related about Barovia? Or would it be completely alien to him, no matter how high he rolls?

If he can know such information, what form would it be in? Actual history books? Folk tales?

Charisma never made much coherent sense to me, to be honest. I mean for example, how the fuck do you stat Trump in Charisma? He gets more or less a negative bonus to his Diplomacy and Intimidate rolls, nothing to his Bluff rolls, but he should have like 30 CHA just due to the force of personality.

samefag

Cringe is kind of the point.

I'm committed to the idea of running Storm King's Thunder as a story that's being told decades after the fact, in a tavern, to an audience, by the PC's retired adventurers. As a result anything that makes the campaign feel more like a story being told is encouraged. For example, I'm going to have an action dice system.

And, well, the idea of a bunch of drunken retired adventurers trying to convince their audience that, yes, Chief Guh totally started pontificating her motivations in song form, is hilarious to me.

you're fucking stupid

Ignore the local shitposter, it sounds fun.

if a musical number works for Johnny Gat, it should be fine for this.

DMs when coming up with loot for a treasure hoard, do you use the DMG suggestion of stuff like "1000cp, 1150sp, 150gp, and five gemstones worth 50gp each" or would you just convert it to straight 525gp? Seems kind of silly to make it all a bunch of different currencies like that.

If they're beasts, absolutely.

lol no u.

Fun is the goal. Another thing that's going to happen is our previous adventurers from Horde of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat, Princes of the Apocalypse, and Out of the Abyss will all be making cameos. Well, maybe not all of them, but a lot of them. Basically, Storm King's Thunder is kind of going to be a celebration of all the 5th Edition we've been playing and having fun with.

Plus, Storm King's Thunder just seems like it lends itself well to theatrics. The whole thing, or at least King Hekaton's part of it, is reminiscent of some kind of Shakespearean tragedy like The Tempest or Hamlet or the like. The fact that it literally opens up with a Dramatis Personae doesn't help that.

Why?
Hoarding monsters aren't going to go exchange at the coin house.

I'm working on a setting of my own, and I thought of a possibility of an enemy organization that is based on creating "balance through sameness". I know that Boccob (using Greyhawk because I'm not gonna work on my own pantheon yet) seeks balance by not having one side more powerful than another, but this organization essentially seeks to create a minor deity based on eradicating all that is not themselves, and forcing them to be completely the same with the reasoning that all that is different will come to conflict, and therefore no true balance and peace can exist unless all is brought into the same fold. The followers of this cult would practice this by binding themselves to masks and cloaking themselves, whether willingly or by force.

Obviously just getting out the first raw ideas, is there anything in D&D or any other universe I should know about that is similar and I can get inspiration from to make this more interesting? I can think of hive mind type people like the Borg, but that's about it right now and I don't really want to go down that route.

The different currencies are for flavor desu but it depends on what they're getting treasure from
If it's looting an abandoned city, sure I do that; not all of the Skeletons were carrying gp. If it's looting the horde of an archlich, his fortune is probably almost 100% platinum and gold, and not just a few pure bars of the stuff instead of gp either.

Interesting question. Given the example of spell slots not being able to be refreshed or restored, I would say that it cannot.
You might want to tweet at Crawford et al. about it, though.

I MADE A MISTAKE, THIS IS TOO ANIME EVEN FOR ME

The only reason you wouldn't just turn everything to GP is because you care about encumbrance and think making the PCs figure out how to get 50k copper pieces to the nearest town is fun.

What about me?

How about a compromise

For me? A bunch of different currencies, gemstones, art objects, and trinkets and sundries, including trade goods like saffron or the like. I also try and mix in platinum and ESPECIALLY electrum pieces.

Also I'm on a quest to get my players to eventually accept and/or get stuck with 20 head of cattle as a reward (because, seriously, how many people have hundreds of gold pieces lying around? Most transactions are in trade good form, not hard currency), and then watch as they try and figure out what they're supposed to do with all of that.

...what? Every Dungeon Master is evil, but not all of us apply our malignancy to impossible save DCs or contriving yet another way to make a paladin fall. Some of us go for subtlety.