Tell me about your BBEG, Veeky Forums

Tell me about your BBEG, Veeky Forums

My group doesn't have one, they're constantly hunted by a society alien to them as a whole rather than by one individual.

>alien to them as a whole
Like the Mi-Go or something?

We don't know much about him yet, but from what I can understand, it's a black man who killed a baron and is now squatting in his home.
No, I'm not joking.

>BBEG

Bleh.

Basic Small caster, big fighter trope mixed along with the big daddy theme
Except instead of a big robot, its a fucking giant frost giant viking murder machine.

There's also a backup villain of some big crab/squid/anglerfish like space being that is basically stealing people in order to mutate them into fish people incase they pick up all the random shit I scattered about. I like to have the stuff in each campaign so eventually they get the clue of "lets take this and see what happens"

> >52639075
Gonna have to work harder for the (You)

more of a xenophobic thing really
the group is from a place where magic users are commonplace and we're stranded on an empire that regulates all magic so they just hate our guts because we're an all-magic-user party, which causes people from this empire to hunt us down the moment we show up anywhere near civilization

Well, he was a Navy captain until the party ambushed him and caused his ship to catch fire right before an emergency warp jump away from pirates. After the resulting trip through the warp where the gellar field exploded, he ended up as the only survivor and possessed by a minor demon.
Said demon latched onto his hate for the party so the now captain-pirate-demonhost is set to destroy their homeworld by pulling together a chaos-fueled pirate fleet.

>BBEG

UGH.

Well, seems your BBEG is a black gopnik,you can always try to bribe him with Vodka. Watch out for the Kalashnikov though.

He does things that are bad to do despite having happy feelings all the time.

A team of inter-dimensional scientists and military personnel that have used the PC's world as a massive science experiment. They landed in a huge spaceship at the north pole, opened the gates of Hell upon the world, and have been sitting back and taking notes as the world falls to chaos. On top of abducting people for experiments that would make Unit 731 blush.

The BBEGs were the other party's PCs.

A is a man who saw a world becoming complacent. Heroes and villains nicely paired off, fighting an endless zero sum war of ultimatums and last minute saves.

This was not what he had envisaged in his youth when the first superheroes appeared.

So he began twisting tales, letting villains know exactly what they could achieve if they learned from each other. Crossing boundaries. Why shouldn't yokai and djinni work together? What happens if a kaiju egg should be given to a powerful witch?

Would it bring heroes together to make them stronger?

A spent his life researching the similarities in mythology, trying to find the root of superpowers. And to create the next generation of heroes he created INDIGO, an artificial village that drives its inhabitants insane so he can rebuild them not as alien rangers or caped defenders or magical girls but as heroes freed from what he perceives as artificial limitations on their power.

A is, quite frankly, long past insanity. He lives in his model village carrying out his psychological experiments, believing if he can break the cultural definitions of heroism down he can make some "ur-hero" he believes existed as gods in antiquity. He has tried forming unexpected alliances of villains to encourage unorthodox heroism, but it is not enough...

tldr: it's The Prisoner's captors + Might Gaine's Black Noir + Ozymandias trying to make the ultimate heroes and villains to drive humanity's advancement and evolution.

>BBEG

le cringe

An Eldar Corsair Prince that's after the players because they stole a macguffin from him needed to unlock an ancient spooky vault said to contain the power to control the entire region of the Eastern Fringe they're in. It's actually a technological thingamabob needed to awaken a Necron Tomb, but thats something they'll realise after they've awakened the Tomb and hopefully team up to fix their mistake.

Basically presented as a combination of Thranduil, the King of the Wild Hunt and an angry elf space pirate.

>BBEG

Take this! My disgust, my revulsion, and all of my UGGGGGGH.

The last king of a failing dynasty of Emperors who struck a deal with an fae patron for immortality and who has bolted together what little functioning remains of his once-great Empire existed, mustering his forces and marching south to reclaim a long lost bastion of his people.

Problem is there live other people now and he's being a really genocidal dick when it comes to tell them to please leave.

Some new age nazi calling himself Reichfurher. He has psychic powers he thinks are the result of being possessed by Himmler. Following him are a few of his generals and a modestly sized mob of near do wells. Their current plan is to attempt a ritual on a tiny island in the northern part of Lake Michigan to summon nazis from years past to help them create some kinda nazi ethnostate.

This is set in a world where Hitler's shit was stopped early after atlantians (fishy people) and seemingly demonic otherworldly creatures appeared around the time of D-Day, the nazi occultism and super-science actually bore some fruit (Ubermensch with some serious downsides), and the League of Nations actually survived into modern times due to a few necessary changes, and Russia became a dystopia under the much more involved rule of Czar Nicholas II.

It's not so much one I'm using, but rather one I want to use eventually. Basically a member of a slave race that was originally meant to be unstoppable ubermensch but were a collective failure as a race. All of them except him who was born as the race were originally meant to be, and who decided to become an unstoppable warlord.

Bonus points if I have him use his species treatment as some rallying cry/justification when in reality he just wants to conquer everything because he can.

Mine changes a lot but my current villain is a warrior king.
He used to be the leader of a rebel faction before he took the throne by force.
After ruling for several years he grew bored and decided to attempt to relive his glory days by conquering the surrounding kindoms.
His weapons of choice are a greatsword and a magic suit of giant armor.

He is a half elf named Fabio Penee.
He is a wizard with exceptional teleportation and flying abilities.
Hi weapon is a rod that causes nausea to anything it hits, and possible vomiting.

Sounds fun as fuck. I've been wanting to run a fantasy/alternate WW2 game with supernatural nazis and shit, so your setting intrigues me.

>BBEG

Ugh.

His name is Atherdon, he's a greedy rakshasa who's building railways across faerun which are (unknown to the population, the engineers, and even the board of directors) powered by forced death-matches between steam mephits inside the boilers.

The party is vaguely aligned with the railroad company, which they believe is merely a fast-travel system, since they always move into whatever town the party's most recently saved.

Meanwhile, Atherdon's making problems further down the planned railway line so the party can swoop in, save the day, and ask the mayor/baron/duke to allow a new station in town.

Soon to come: horrific natural disasters caused by an elemental imbalance, the party's realization they're being played by a human-flesh-eating tiger mage, and probably some side-by-side railway battles.

The game is eventually going to hit epic levels, but the BBEG at this moment is a Paladin of the God of Ambition and Progress. Who is helping said god kill and absorb the domains of other gods through mass iconoclasm and slaughter of followers.

>Sounds fun as fuck.
Thanks user but I haven't really milked the whole "new age nazi in a world where nazis didn't get that big" as much as I could. Reichfurher and his ilk are less of a large organized force and more like a group that has a few scattered cells in America and maybe five members capable enough to lead the whole opperation and they are usually busy on large jobs/recruitment. I imagine them to be like the nazis who fled to South America post WWII.

Short version of my alternate history below.
>People were more receptive to the idea of a League of Nations and it has survived into the modern day due in no small part to the USSR joining swiftly followed by the USA. Here the LoN actually is very effective at enforcing its edicts on states but rarely makes rulings. They also have a covert task-force to handle "extranormal" (super hero type) threats.
>Russia is still the USSR. Instead of hiding away in his palace Czar Nicholas II attempted to help his people and in doing so met a charismatic young man named Josef Olegski who was seen as a champion of the people. Olegski introduced Nicholas II to Vladimir Lenin and the three of them set about restructuring the USSR from 104 provinces to 25 and making a provincial council out o them to govern the country with Nicholas II as the "chairman" which ment that he just mainly broke ties. Now the USSR is by all appearances clean, industrious, modern, and appears to be a worker's paradise (it's actually a slight dystopia).
>WWII is actually known as the Pan-Eurasian War due to two events splitting the war up. Atlantians made themselves known in both the North Pacific and Atlantic oceans by destroying everyone's larger fleets and strange demonic beings appeared at Normandy on D-Day and began slaughtering Axis and Allies alike. The demonic beings have fallen into myth.
>Texas avoided becoming American or Mexican and instead currently exists as the free state of Tejas.
>And more...

>Random bandit number 006

The party was fighting a group of bandits, the first mini boss failed a saving throw when being knocked off a platform, then crit failed his second saving throw to grab onto the ledge. He got 1 turn for himself and died within 3 turns total.

Then, some random goon with a flintlock rifle who could only attack with the weapon every other turn destroyed two of my party members and put them on the brink of death, they only survived because they had the sense to retreat before he could deal the death blow to both of them. He and another guy were the only survivors who were able to retreat.

Then later, my party continued their way to the nearest town, then decided to all set up camp and sleep off the main road, they completely forgot that the bandits were the ones who traveled down that road. They went to sleep and were robbed in the middle of the night because they all went to sleep instead of keeping a lookout because they all wanted to heal from a full rest. The bandits were, of course, the dudes who survived from earlier. Now the BBEG is just some random bandit the party is trying to find.

A solar who took D&D black and white morality to its logical conclusion and decided that the only way to win the good vs evil war and put an end to the suffering of innocents is to kill every mortal so the good ones are rewarded in heaven and the bad ones descend to hell

>"denying"
You might as well buy him breakfast if you're this intent on feeding him.

An entire society of reality bending wizards living in "planet" (actually a giant spherical creature) 75,000 light-years away from Earth. This "planet" is slowly moving towards Earth each day in a speed FTL.

Their motivation? Everything must turn into flesh. EVERYTHING.

Dogscape

The goddess of lust, death, and chaos is causing bloody wars and famines to ruin the land because she believes the world has become too safe and stagnant. Her father, god of agriculture, festivals, and insects, sort of agrees with her since the people have forgotten he's also the god of rot and decay. He thinks the people are too complacent, but he doesn't want the world to end so he gave our group his grail. The only way to defeat her is to make her drink from the grail. It will banish her back the gods' plane permanently.

>Dogscape
Damn, I was inspired by a bunch of SCPs, but this actually fits my story almost perfectly. I'll read it later.

A fae lord bought himself a daughter, now it turns out the daughter is the only heir we've got so he's got the kingdom and we have to kill him before the pact is sealed.

eh pretty much a standard eldritch abomination. Not sure how the party's gonna even try to fight it since it's pretty thoroughly weaponized reality since before reality existed as we knew it.

Not because it planned it or anything, it's not even sentient really. It just has a lot of little pieces of itself that are really good at certain ways of thinking, and has access to time travel.

On the plus side it's comatose "corpse" is giving the setting super powers. so that's cool

>having one central antagonist

there are several major ones, but no one end all be all of BBEG.

>you have the ancient Wizard that the party doesn't know is actually still alive, though i have introduced him as an NPC they have met several times

>Ancient soilder from the last human kingdom that somehow survived (party hasn't figured it out yet) and is looking for the shattered fragments of his power so he can be whole. this generally is considered a bad thing, since every time he gets his hand on one, bad stuff tends to happen afterwards. coincidentally of course

>the great Horde gestating under the Luthan mountains, which hundreds of years ago pushed the dwarves out from their mountain homes

>a cult that revered the ancient wizard, believing he ascended to god hood (he's just sorta half way there) and work to bring him back and wake him up to bring a great and terrible change to the world. the Wizard doesn't actually care about that, and just wants to make amends with his daughter. After he gets his full god hood and blasts those elves to dust of course

The party consists of a bunch of apocalyptic scifi/fantasy peeps in the middle of a wasteland trying to find a legendary vault that is said to be from before the apocalypse happened and contains the tech/magic needed to revitalize the entire biosphere.
The catch? A mysterious warlord showed up like fifty years back and has been looking for it too. This dude plans on destroying the vault, because the shattered world is more easily controlled. He has a legion of angels, corrupted by an unknown force, commands an army of bandits and slaves, and is known only by their name.
No one alive has any idea what he looks like, having only seen him from the ground beneath his tower.
The catch?
One of the party members is the warlord, pulling a reverse Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde situation. He's not aware of this and is actively working against his own forces. The player is aware and in league with me in this endeavor.