AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jesus Christ

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Overlords look like shit tbqh senpai

Bumping the TRUE thread.

Squat Scions for 40k?

Plebs will forever be plebs.

Kharadron Overlords are awesome.

I know people who are convinced to start playing AoS solely because of them.

Hastings

If they release a "Start Collecting!" I might actually start getting back into the hobby. Something about how over the top and non-serious they are appeals to me.

What are people's thoughts on the gore pilgrim formation?

>steamshit
Absolutely disgusting.

I don't think you quoted whom you think you quoted

For once, I really like the official paintjob. Gold and purple is such a pretty combo.

They're dorfs with pistols and swords in armor. What is so funny?

>Real dwarven machines look like this! I SAID SO!

Because they are an exaggerated "parody" of fantasy dwarves, up to eleven.
Whfb dwarves were an exaggerated "parody" of lotr ones. Wow dwarves are an exaggerated "parody" of Whfb ones. these look like an exaggerated "parody" of Wow dwarves.

We have 40k for that. This sucks.

Except they're in no way at all similar to WoW dwarves?

Bruh they're airship pirates, they look nothing like WoW dwarves lmao.

This.

I get the aos=wow meme is a thing, but this is a stretch.

Also, the more I see them, the less Stormcast bother me and the more I read about them, the less they seem like Astartes

Now you're getting it. Stormcasts=space marines is a meme. That's all it is.

Stormcast are actually incredibly similar to space marines. To deny that is to be as delusional as any asshurt Fantashit.

Hey, looks like Squats are back, even if they did get lost in the wron

They are only similar in very superficial ways, mainly being supersoldiers that fight against chaos and serving a god.

Basically if you are being superficial enought to consider Stormcast the same as space marines then you are also considering all kind of short races the same. Hobbits and Dwarfs have less differences than Stormcast and Space Marines.

Is not the similarity, is the fact that each iteration is more "dwarvish" in the sense that has to have more plate, more steam, and more guns up to have dwarves with gatlings.

Is a "Flanderization". I hope is more clear sorry.

They actually resemble the WoW goblins, now that I think of it

This is precisely one of the main problems I have with a lot of the art style in AoS. Everything's a caricature of a caricature of a caricature. Just too many iterations of trying to make the outlandish features of a race even more so as if it's a competition with fantasy predecessors.

>supersoldiers that fight against chaos and serving a god
That's the essence of space marines in a nutshell. Some minor details that only nerds care about may differ.

Yes I meant that, sorry if it was unclear. The issue I have is that without "straight" characters, the exaggerations fall flat. Even 40k has IG.

>They are only similar in very superficial ways, mainly being supersoldiers that fight against chaos and serving a god.

Super soldiers created from human warriors who have proven themselves worthy and are elevated to a semi-divine state, giving up their humanity to wage endless battle amongst realms far vaster than they could imagine as mere men.
These angelic warriors are armed and armoured with some of the finest equipment their god-monarch can provide and are utterly loyal to the cause.
They typically strike from the skies and though nearly always outnumbered they are never outmatched.

Space Marines people

I'm intrigued by it. It doesn't take too many units, and the buffs only apply to the heroes so you can fill your points with other units. You're taking a bloodsecrator and battle line anyway, as long as you're bringing priests it's pretty good.
Priests aren't that killy in combat anyway, so it's not a problem to hold them back with the banner guy.
It looks good on paper at least

Not soldiers
Not superhumans
Not fighting against Chaos
Not serving a god

weeb/10

You just described super soldiers using more words bro.

Don't forget that they're also essentially organized into chapters.

>Not soldiers
Do you know that Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon is the complete title?
>Not superhumans
How do you define someone with enhanced physical abilities and powers?
>Not fighting against Chaos
sailormoon.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
>Not serving a god
Queen Serenity has as much claims to the title the Emperor has.

retard/10

False equivalence: the post

No, super soldier covers a bigger area that.
Super soldiers need not be created from humans, let alone worthy ones. They don't need to bear any divine connotations. They don't need to be given the best equipment or be loyal to a fault. They don't need to deep strike and be out-manned.
Stormcast and Space Marines are almost exactly the same narritively.

I was wrong on every single point but I refuse to admit it: the post

You mean like the false equivalences linking stormcast eternals to space marines? Yes I agree.

That's a really cool idea user. l do love the idea of RPG's built solidly with a specific idea in mind, but I just generally have a bit of a boner for massive amounts of possible approaches in RPG's, hence the 8 different races from all alliances.

I look forward to seeing you post it here.

I am not him fagits. Anyway he alrady answered.
You cannot compare the sailors and say they cluster together with Space Marines and Sigmarnes. Sophisms excluded, you know very well that th latter two are copies.

If you LIKE it, more power to you but you cannot create a definition so generic, so generic that anything goes. Is disingenuous.
The alternative is that you are two retards, thing that is, indeed, possible.

Every faction has its 'baseline' stuff, it's not just IG.

None of the stuff in AoS has that. Every unit is the super special skyguard fiendslayer slaughterer equipped with darkshard bloodcracker glaives made of dracometal hyperingots and stargold skullarmour. It's gotten so ridiculous now that I don't even read the names of weapons or abilities anymore, I just look at the numbers. There's no frame of reference for the more outlandish and magical stuff because EVERYTHING is like this.

I mean, look at Warmahordes. I consider that game one of the worst sinners when it comes to giant shoulderpads syndrome. They have some of the most ridiculous armour/weapon/etc designs ever. But they still have their baseline riflemen and whatever, the presence of whom makes the fantastical more fantastical.

I was just hoping GW would stop this trend of everything having to be a parody of an exaggeration of a parody. There is a point where you stop being distinct and start being retarded.

You're forgetting that you are retarded and so your opinions are moot.
If you can't see that Stormcast are blatant copies of Space Marines you either don't know them very well and so shouldn't speak on this subject or have brain problems.

>you cannot create a definition so generic, so generic that anything goes. Is disingenuous.

It's literally what the Stormcast=Space Marines guys are doing. See It's not my fault that "the essence of space marines in a nutshell" is so fucking vague that comprehend fucking Sailor Moon.

This.

Uh? My point is this one. Did I answer to the wrong post?

>you know very well that th latter two are copies.

They are big guys in complete armor. They are indeed similar from an esthetic and conceptual standpoint.

Everything else is different. It's literally the same as claiming that hobbits, dwarfs and gnomes in all incarnations across all media are the same.

"this" my ass. Take random people, take the
sailors, the SM and the sigmarines.

Then ask "2 out of three are closer to each other"
What the fuck do you think people will answer?

>This
Posts are cancer. Go to reddit if you want to upvote comments.

>being this much in denial

>Everything else is different.

Almost nothing is different except for specific details.

>Anything I don't agree with is cancer.

Aside from a few minor details, everything about them is the same.

You can do the same by switching the space marine with a bretonnian knight or a chaos warrior

>nothing is different
>except the things that they are

>You can do the same by switching the space marine with a bretonnian knight or a chaos warrior

Good job user. You are just few steps away
*pats head*

Stormcast eternals =/= space marines

Sorry that triggers you guys, but it is what it is. You can either deal with it, or continue your autistic screeching.

>>nothing is different
>>except the things that they are

Nobody ever claimed they are 1:1 replicas of Space Marines. But they're the same thematically and in terms of narrative functionality. They're also very similar aesthetically.

I don't give a fuck about whether or not Marines and Stormcast are the same. I'm not involved in that queer little argument. I hear imgur also has an upvote system if you're interested.

>Scanning post for arguments
>Arguments found: 0

>Nobody ever claimed they are 1:1 replicas of Space Marines

>th latter two are copies.
>Stormcast are blatant copies of Space Marines
> everything about them is the same.
> nothing is different
>Stormcast and Space Marines are almost exactly the same

Uh, thread full of nobodies tonight

>supersoldiers created by the power of a divine emperor
>wear heavy, bulky, form-encompassing armor that is iconic to them
>often uplifted from barbaric tribesmen and primitive warriors
>organized into chapters with particular color schemes for their iconic armor
>stripped of their humanity and by their transformation and a bunch of brainwashing
>considered the greatest fighting force of their god-emperor
>considered the greatest warriors against Chaos
>known for appearing without warning from the skies and striking a devastating blow against the enemies of their god-emperor
>relatively few in number but extremely hardy and worth many other mortal soldiers, heroes to a man

They're fucking Space Marines, deal with it.

I can't believe there are people who in all seriousness state that stormcasts are not supposed to be space marines. They've got to be trolling. Even GW emphasised this by replacing the statue.

Who the fuck cares about Stormcasts when the game has Moonklan Grots?

Starting a Ironjawz army, aiming for 2000 points, how screwed am I?

Can you just not into English?
Is hyperbole a foreign concept to you?
Are you a genuine retard who truely takes such things to mean that Space Marines and Stormcast are identical despite anyone with eyes being able to see that that is not the case?

Moonclan > Borecast
Ironjawz > Snorecast
Death > Samecast
Free peoples > Lamecast

Well is the same with orcs. Now they are so big
that you don't need ogres.

They are decent. Not top-tier in the meta, and a lot of games will depend on getting a double turn, but if you like killing shit in melee you will love them.

The bigger they are, the more Ogres can eat, silly.

Moonklan > all
Non-green subgoblins will be eaten on the day of the squig.

>Space Marines and stormcast have similar concepts but lots of differences
>No, they are exactly the same, all differences don't matter
>So they are the same except when they aren't?
>Nobody claimed they were exactly the same
>Somebody just did
>anyone with eyes can see that that is not the case

You are either someone that didn't follow the reply chain or a complete idiot whose shitposting just went pic related into claiming what I was claiming at the start.

>stripped of their humanity and by their transformation and a bunch of brainwashing
Other user here, I kinda doubt that.

No, you just can't hold an actual conversation.

Cannon fodder reporting. I've got high-tech power armor with enormous pauldrons.

Screw off. I've selected from promising children, indoctrinated to feel no fear & genetically enhanced. I'm thematically a space marine. You're just a guardsman or a penal legionnaire.

I'm not the one that did a complete change of point halfway the conversation and then called the other an idiot for not agreeint with what the other was arguing for in the first place.

You literally tried to do the "duck season, rabbit season" joke.

>Filter post with Space
>Half the thread is filtered

oh boy, there must be lots of Whfb grognards here

I've done nothing but present the similarities between Stormcast and Space Marines, and rightly questioned the intelligence of those who would refute those.

So it's rabbit season again?

You've basically shitposted a little. That's all.

No, have a point season.

It's not shitposting, it's a conversation.

Still waiting

It's hardly anything. The problem is that there will be similarities between even the most different of things. Some people called Oldcrons the Metal Tyranids for one.

In fact, it might as well be argued that the Sigmarines are Necrons.
>Regenerating metal soldiers
>Have anti-Chaos/Warp stuff
>People taken by a powerful entity & put into a metal body
>Gradually more emotionless, if not already emotionless

There are similarities but not to the extent that Space Marines and Stormcast share.

>>Regenerating metal soldiers

Stormcast aren't metal, they wear armour,.

>>Have anti-Chaos/Warp stuff

Stormcast are actually enhanced by magic.

>>People taken by a powerful entity & put into a metal body

Stormcast don't have metal bodies. They also had to prove their worth to be reforged, unlike the Necrons were people were forcibly converted.

>>Gradually more emotionless, if not already emotionless

This was a brief period of Necron history at the start of 5e and hasn't been part of their fluff before or since.

You also completely ignore the role of Necrons in setting as compared to Stormcast. Necrons are a menace rather than heroic figures. Thematically the Necrons and Stormcast are almost entirely different, not to mention aesthetically.

I do and I like heavily armored Orks who are not Borecast Eternals.

Painting my skeletons gold for my fabulous wight king to command. Any other conversion/painting ideas to go max bling-bling?

>have armor
So do many. They've been swiped & made to fight
>magic
The Tomb Squats had magic too.
>They also had to prove their worth to be reforged, unlike the Necrons were people were forcibly converted.
Very unlike the children taken to become space marines. In fact, Stormcasts might have some non-humans there. The Necrons got Pariahs.
>This was a brief period of Necron history at the start of 5e and hasn't been part of their fluff before or since
The guy said oldcrons.

Thematically, the space marines are pretty grey. You've got the marines malevolent and lots of grimdark.

>So do many.

But unlike Necrons who are made of metal.

>Very unlike the children taken to become space marines.

Not at all. The children who become space marines have proven themselves through combat already.

>In fact, Stormcasts might have some non-humans there.

They don't.

>The guy said oldcrons.

They didn't grow more emotionless over time.

>Thematically, the space marines are pretty grey. You've got the marines malevolent and lots of grimdark.

Stormcast are just as grey. Knight's Excelsior and lots of grimdark.

I mean their fluff is entirely different.

Space marines get it from genetic engineering and rigorous training. Stormcasts get it because they've ascended to demigodhood.

Yes, they're pretty much the same in the demigod category, but they're different.

Also, Stormcasts apparently get PTSD, can get visions of their past lives before they were reforged, and every time they get reforged after dying they become more and more autonomous.

Astartes are just overzealous warriors.

>but they're different.

Not any thematic level.
They get magic put them that makes them buff.

>Also, Stormcasts apparently get PTSD, can get visions of their past lives before they were reforged, and every time they get reforged after dying they become more and more autonomous.

All done by Space Marines before Stormcast.

I had no idea Astartes could come back to life after dying. I also had no idea that when they died, they become lightning that flies back to Maccrage to be turned alive again by god powers of Spiritual Liege.

Has anyone here heard of Dark Age of Sigmar? It looks really cool.

exprofundis.com/introducing-aos28-inq28-meets-age-sigmar/

>I had no idea Astartes could come back to life after dying.

Dreadnought and general cybernetics.
Legion of the Damned.

> I also had no idea that when they died, they become lightning that flies back to Maccrage to be turned alive again by god powers of Spiritual Liege.

See this is just set dressing. Irrelevant. If I created a game with a faction called the Fireforged Immortals who suspiciously looked and acted a lot like the Stomcast Eternals but replaced lightning with fire you should still be able to see the similarities.

Does it really matter? Back when WHFB was more active, people complained how similar Chaos warriors were to space marines. They're big, heavily armored, increadibly zealous warriors. Sure it's a fun archtype, but there's plenty of settings which have other basically interchangeable "big serious guys in lots of armor".

>Fireforged Immortals

Not the one in memphis

So my LGS owner got my to cave in to buy Skinks and Saurs for AoS, even though I don't own a single book, since I wanna play Lizardmen in BloodBowl and don't care for Orcs, Dwarves or Hummies. So I was wondering, what do I need to actually get a functioning AoS Lizzzzzards army running besides the 20 Saurus and 20 Skinks? Also do the AoS Saurus's still tower over Skinks? Is it like 40k where almost 300 dollars later I still can't play with my army because my LGS does 1k+ point games? My experience with them comes from BB2.
Also heres an Easter Lizzzzzard I found.

New Moonclan units when?

Guys, come on.

Are we really trying to argue that Stormcast aren't supposed to be Fantasy Marines for the Marine audience? It is extremely blatant.

They have even chapters for fucks' sake. They're not called chapters, but that's pretty much what they are in the context of the setting and game. No, they are not the EXACT same concept, but they are the same overall concept, and they are clearly designed to be the Space Marines of AoS.

They are designed to be similar. No-one is refuting that.

Unfortunately, hyperbole is abused, and people say that Stormcast are 100% Space Marines, with no nuance or definition given. This mindset has the potential to hurt the image of the game, either directly through turning off possible new players who don't like Space Marines, or indirectly through giving new players an incorrect vision of what the Stormcast are.

Not "everyone" is an over-the-top magical archetype. Yes, the new factions fit into that category, but if you don't like that, there are plenty of more traditional fantasy races to play as. Freeguild don't have fancy minerals or super-magic or powerful bodies, they're just humans wielding steel weapons. Skaven are still shit-rats, Beastmen still engage in raids, ambushes and small invasions, and the regular Chaos Warriors still exist. The down-to-earth stuff is still there. It just hasn't been given centre stage.