EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Plays Hugboxes Hate" edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What's the most "Bully" move you've ever pulled and do you feel bad about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/floating-coffin/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erebos-god-of-goodstuff-1/
mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper
edhrec.com/tribes/minotaurs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This a particularly round about way of just casting Armageddon.

We minotaur tribal now

Except it positions you slightly better to recover, and if you pull it with Leovold...

But yeah, basically, except in a color that doesn't normally get it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/floating-coffin/
Getting there.

The changelings except Mauler are maybeboard, on mobile so not changing it.

>and if you pull it with Leovold...

...you suddenly find yourself not invited to play with your group anymore.

Hey EDHG, should I make my Erebos deck more midrangy, or should I shove more combos and tutors into it?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erebos-god-of-goodstuff-1/

To answer the thread question, a good chunk of my spot removal is geared towards shutting down the Animar in my playgroup.
I never feel bad.

>What's the most "Bully" move you've ever pulled and do you feel bad about it?

Forced Salty McSalt to make horrible attacks into Gideon Jura again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again while out aggroing everyone else on board.

Another absolute bully moment was waiting for the guy running blue to tapout, then going for the Jokulhaups+Faith's Reward in my Zurgo deck

Planning on making a Tajic, Blade of the Legion deck. Mostly Human and Soldier tribal.

What are some must includes? What are some good win-cons to put in that also won't make people I play with hate me?

I'm sorry if this is an idiotic question, but rulings say that a creature with 0 toughness is "put into a graveyard". Does this mean it's sacrificed technically, or is its method of hitting the grave a different thing entirely?
I wanna know if Mazirek in Hapatra is bonkers after I clear the board with Black Sun's Zenith.[/spoiler}

Does it say sacrificed?

Dunno if it counts, but one guy Armageddoned while I had Faith's Reward in hand and he was left with nothing but few dinky creatures while I beat his face in with both Akromas.
He was pretty depressed

This is what i have now, i want to make this deck as good as it can be.
what big ticket items am i missing?
mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper

Why include all the trash changelings as well? You might as well play the trash minotaurs too, if you're going to play them.
Include Adaptive Automaton at least, if you don't want Door of Destinies. Door might be not worth it, since there's not enough shit to work with and Coat of Arms is way too risky.

I'm going to go the discard route though, through enchantments mostly, that includes double strike, Painful Quandary, Oppression and so on. I also include Anthem of Rakdos, Jagged Poppet and other hellbent cards.

No. Keep in mind that same goes for legend rule: you don't sacrifice the excess legends, you put them in your grave. Sacrifice is something you have to do yourself and is a completely separate effect.

Oh hell yeah baby, Hellbent/Minotaur tribal inbound

>What's the most "Bully" move you've ever pulled and do you feel bad about it?
Dropping Act of Aggression on a guy's Memnarch and stealing all his shit because a Lattice was on my field.

I didn't feel a bit of pity. Fuck Memnarch.

Like I said, they're maybeboard. I was thinking First Strike Deathtouch synergies but they're probably not worth it. I kind of wanted to go the Null Profusion/Ragemonger/Heartless Summoning creature Storm route but I would need a way higher creature density for that.

>bolt
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, the "I win combat" isn't that great. Deathtouch seems awfully weak keyword for EDH unless it can be utilised with pingers or other noncombat damage

Bolt does work, and Minotaur fucking tribal needs all the help it can get.

why not just go here?
edhrec.com/tribes/minotaurs

Learn English mate.

No, those count as dying, but not sacrificing.
Grave Pact effects are probably going to be good in Hapatra if you focus on the token aspect, so Mazirek could be good alongside those.

Because most people building "tribal decks" for tappedout and so just cram the useless shit in their decks because the creature happens to have right creature type. If I wanted to know every minotaur, I'd just search for them by creature type, I just don't want every vanilla beater that tribal decks will have anyway for underrepresented tribes

so put in useless spells because other formats use them?
kys retard

>implying Wood Elemental isn't top-secret classified tech in Titania

He's not even the guy who made the deck, he's just pointing out how stupid that list is. Fuck off back to Facebook.

Where do I start building for Karador? I've never played something 3C but he seems fun.

There's few usable minotaurs, nigger. Outside of lords, Cairn Wanderer and Taurean Mauler are only ones worth using and actual minotaurs the Fanatic guy and the Edgewalker minotaur.
Most of the minotaurs are so bad that only format they would maybe see play is limited.

this is bad and you should feel bad

My playgroup is getting passive aggressively irritated at me for building at too high of a powerlevel. This looked like a decent chance to build crap.

>MFW I actually run good ol' Woody

user, try with another playgroup. Don't build boring crap, maybe try with another deck? Like, with a fun deck, Minotaurs are not good, just not.

I am literally building crap on purpose.

I have literally over a dozen decks, it's just I'm surrounded by utter jank.

I'm not against your Minotaur tribal my friend, but one thing you can do is help your friends by buying them cheap but good additions to their decks and helping them deckbuild

Then get another group. If they cannot hold your powerlevel, then aren't you bored?

>implying power=fun and fun=power
I built a shitty Ayli cleric tribal and I haven't had as much fun with any deck as with it. Even though the tribe isn't powerful, it doesn't mean that the overall synergy will be bad and the deck won't feel awful to play with.

You seem like a sociopath

I don't like when people complain because my decks are stronger or more consistent than theirs.

Not him, but I find it refresing to build with decent variety. High power decks run mostly same anyway and have same cards so that's not gonna be interesting deck if you have multiples of the same thing.

I get that, but the idea of switching playgroups, which are you usually made up of friends, because of something like that, seems antisocial

You sound like a boring person and totally not fun to play against. Why not challenge yourself at deckbuilding instead of sounding like a sore loser?

Winning is fun. I don't care if the rest don't have fun if I'm winning.

They're other dudes at my LGS, I never said they were friends and I'm certainly not buying any of them decks that could complete with mine.

I enjoy winning and do so with frequency, to the point that it's almost boring just winning with my T2-T3 barely competitive decks. Some of the people I play with are actually fun to be around and I'd like to continue the fun.

I'm surprised that there's people who want to still play with you after first time. Unless you're that one annoying faggot that always sits in other people's tables without asking.

Mostly competitive decks and I mostly play at the FNM Commander league. So, no, I don't ask people to play I mostly get paired.

How often do you post in these threads

Lurk, mostly to give advice.

To be fair I usually try and push the powerlevel of these threads too, and I post pretty frequently.

Guys what would the best deck be to simulate the Roman empire? I was thinking red-white maybe. Some suggestions would be wonderful.

Iroas, God of Victory hard aggro and keyword sharing

Anax and Cymede

second camel spoiled

we getting camel tribal soon

Another doubler for my Vorel counters deck.

Interesting that he can kill planeswalkers in green

Please reread the card.

>or remove one from it

>each ****kind*** of counter

Woops

That's an interesting effect, wonder what they were thinking with that

Wait, what does it means?

It means it counts different kinds of counters, like loyalty or charge counters

It's interesting because I rarely see multiple kinds of counters on the same permanent

Wait, so if a permanent has both -1/-1 and +1/+1 they count as two kinds? So they don't nullify each other?

They do.

I assume the most likely combination is loyalty and +1/+1 in this standard.

I try not to feel bad about my moves, but there was a time at an old shop we always hated out the Avacyn player before he could do anything.

What are some fun, goofy, very value town commanders I can play with my friends?

Play grouphug.

+1/+1 and -1/-1 counters annihilate each other. All other types of counters stack. So this combos nicely with, say, Frankenstein's Monster which will host +2/+0, +1/+1, and +0/+2. Also, creatures with Cumulative Upkeep and +1/+1 counters can gain p/t and lose Age. Or if they have -1/-1 and Age they can lose both.

No I want funny shit.

What do you consider funny? Funny as in "We laugh"?

I played Jeleva with nothing but protection and big shit like Time Stretch and In Garruk's Wake for no other reason then free casting shit

I'm surprised Beast is still a creature type considering how little they want to use it for anything. At least it isn't as shitty as the existence of Naga as a type.

Camels have a long and glorious tradition as a type. Seriously, they go back to Arabian Nights.

As for Beast, I think they're restricting it to weird things (like Pangolins) or beasts that aren't earthly wildlife (like Baloths). Which... eeh? I'm more of a Splitter than a Lumper anyway.

And yet it should've been errata'd after the Grand Creature Type Update.

Here we are years later with the same problem we had before due to creature type proliferation.

Putting MLD in Narset

Pride Kings are about as value town as you can make them. You don't even have to play group hug, since you benefit more than the rest.

You can play them as an Arms Dealer type of deck. Give people stuff, let certain people (you included) draw cards, and fuck over control decks. My favorite way of doing that? Telepathy.

Green has been able to fuck with counters for a very long time

>just bought over $192 of random crap for under $30
Thanks John.

Every time a new set comes out I gey excited and look for skeletons. They are my pet type. Whwn will they give me more of them!? How about you, Veeky Forums? Are there creature types you want more of that never happen?

Kavu.

who's john

wierds

spikes will NEVER EVER come back

Oh great, another good general for a terrible tribe. Pic related.

Dude who just sold me two Onslaught fetches, Phyrexian Altar, two Sphere of Resistance, and a bunch of other neat shit for that anount.

oh
good deal then

lets play
GUESS THE DECK

Krenko makes the most sense but it could be any Red commander really.

Zada

yep

Need an explanation for how in the hell a gitrog monster deck actually plays.

I understand the combo, but I feel like I'm missing what to do before it goes off, and I guess even after it goes off. Dredge your deck, then all your win conditions are in your graveyard. If you wait, you durdle before the combo goes off.

Like I get dread returning skirge familiar, but then your necrotic ooze is still in the graveyard.

Anybody ever play one of these decks?

Wait until you realize that nagas AND lamias are both creature types in magic in addition to sneks

What alternative win cons would you play in Leo? I'm sick of running lab man, I run grave titan/skithiryx and a few other random beaters but feel like something new.

Wow. One single lamia. Wizards what the fuck.

You have infinite deterministic draw. Loop Lotus Petal and Hornet Sting.

Cast an All is Dust in an Emrakul deck, had Kozilek, Butcher of Truth already out, popped a Strip Mine and then swung in to my opponents each turn until they had no lands left. Felt good. It's a good day when Emrakul can destroy a Krenko deck.

Lovisa Coldeyes.

But... How does the hornet sting go back in the library?