Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1435: Age of Jumper Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1CBzd8KrKLo
youtube.com/watch?v=LKzZ6ifUCYk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ldd7Bz5N0OM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But wouldn't that apply to just about everything besides custom NPs and a few perks? Also, explain why you feel that way?

Age of Dark is a good thing, it was supposed to happen a long ass time ago. The Dark Souls Universe is exactly like a forest and a forest fire. Forest fires burn the overgrowth and open the way for new plants to grow, this is good and natural. What's not natural is artificially keeping the forest fire going somehow for thousands of years after it was supposed to go out and got done burning the overgrowth. Now it's burning shit too much, nothing good comes from turning the former forest and the foundation it rested on into pure ash. Let the new forest grow and "don't touch anything."

If you don't understand this analogy, understand this. "Do, not, touch, anything."

If you had to speedrun Jumpchain (i.e. complete a chain in as few jumps as possible), how would you do it? Which jumps would you pick, and how many jumps would be the absolute minimum to reliably finish?

So, question: Does killing Edo Tensei zombies count as killing the real thing for Ghost Warriors from DBM?

Too late. Usurping the Fire.

By itself, Heaven's Feel.

I like being an infinite mana ghost.

If I'm being a spicy memeball and buying multiple Magics or giving a Companion their own so we can share our Magics later on, Second+Fifth. No need to worry about using your time shit smart, just dump the heat in an universe that already ate shit and died.

>And doesn't everybody basically die
Without the dark sign humans literally cannot die.

And here's the big secret of Dark Souls:

Humans are the creatures of the dark.

This being the case, is it probable that I would acquire dozens of Aliens over the ten years spent in the Ben 10 Jump, if I purchased an Omnitrix myself, without having to pay any CP for them?

It really doesn't work that way. But if you're really insistent on "escaping the Cycle", then look into the True Monarch and the Crowns of the Old Kings from Dark Souls 2. The protagonist can get a memory of Vendrick to use his research to imbue some crowns with some weird soul magic that will then make the PC immortal without Hollowing.

The world will still go to shit, though. And you can apparently achieve the same effect by just bringing about the Age of Dark.

DAMNIT, I EXPLICITLY PUT UP A "DON'T TOUCH" SIGN NEXT TO THE FIRST FLAME

You're like the person who goes to the museum and pokes fragile precious displays, slowly degrading them with other careless visitors using your gross fingers and bodily oils.

That's actually a good thing, because it brings about the Age of Dark.

But you already know that don't you, Red?

Yes. Very.

First. It solves all resource problems on it's own and I love the idea of just being able to wave my hand and have whatever appear.

I like the third as well for the ability to move people souls into other things. It's great for shenanigans. Be it putting people in doom bost or otherwise. Also the ascention trick is cool, but I think it's solidly in second place.

Fourth is nice, but really breaking things is easy enough to do manually and actually having enough power to break the things you'd need it for is unlikely without excessive means.

I don't have strong opinions either way on the Second.
Fifth is like paying a hobo to stab you in the kidney.

Well to be fair, if you poke the Dark too much it becomes the Abyss. But then if you poke Life too much it becomes Demons. Light and Death probably aren't much better if you start poking them. Which really just loops back around to what user said earlier:

JUST DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ANYTHING

I'm gonna touch all the things.

I AM GOING TO TOUCH ALL THE THINGS.

STOP WITH THE TOUCHING, BAD user

What if you touch everything all at once, maintaining an equal amount of full contact on all of the things you are touching?

YOU THERE, READ THIS I KNOW YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT NOT READING IT

READ IT

So I've been in a fucky place lately, and I think I need your guys idea on this.

I have NO idea how to handle Companions in the Shadow Realm. I can list some monsters that can't be companioned, and some that can only be companion'd in limited amounts(For example, you probably can't get Dark Magician Knight AND Dark Magician, since they're otensibly the same dude...and there's only 3 sexy blue eyes dragons in existence. )

Should I make a specific list in-jump, or just make a universal pricing rule(i'm thinking of using Tributes as the pricing marker. i.e 0 tributes are cheapest, 2 tribute-monsters are most expensive) give a link/direct people to somewhere where they can check their levels? Also means that if people wanna spend CP to companion...i'unno, a Basic Insect, they can since I wouldn't think to allow it on my own.

I also think I'd need to clarify that certain archetypes can access ALL of their support monsters beyond the cut-off date I figured out(such as Amazons, Harpies, the Summoned Skull Archfiends, the Dark Magicians, etc)

What's your guys take on this? I don't know if I can list out every single companion, but I don't wanna be lazy and just put in the equivalent of a wiki link.

FOOL, JUMPER DOES AS HE PLEASES!

Yes, yes it does. What people forget about Nasuverse magic is that Nasuverse wizards are shit. The True Magics aren't impressive because they do anything particularly strong, but because ordinary magecraft is so weak. There are many other, better magic systems out there. I'm not saying this in an inter-jump balance argument, I get that the True Magics are cool in the setting they come from and should therefore cost accordingly. But that's only because it's a weak setting. I've got better stuff already, when it comes to magic. I'd rather spend my CP on the much more interesting perks that the jump offers that everyone seems to ignore in favor of grabbing at the shinies.

Reminder that Nito is a big salty shit who refused to associate with or grant humans anything. Even scaredy pants Gwyn didn't go that far.

All because he's butthurt about muh death not being absolute.

List the ones you think are worth special attention then include a generic option with a link for the rest.

HOW ABOUT YOU OPEN A BIG CAN "I NEED TO STOP TOUCHING SHIT" SINCE YOU'RE GETTING SO HANDSY DOOM

Nito granted one of the best gifts imaginable. Sweet, merciful death. A release many beings sought in the end.

Maybe a mix of the two? A universal pricing rule, but there would be some monsters that would have their own entries. You know, just so you can talk them up, point out why this or that monster is particularly cool. They'd still cost as much as if you were buying them as a universal pricing thing, but this way you get to inject some flavor into the companions section.

It might be better to ask this at SB. They're a much better fit for your... special brand of creativity.

List the ones you think need notation due to being directly lore relevant (ie DM, the remaining Blue-Eyes, you get the idea) then do the thing about tribute costs. That sounds cool.

Am I the only who has no intention of taking any True Magic during my times in Fate?

No, but you are probably in a the minority.

I'm not taking it either. Too hyped up in my opinion.

One universal option, and a few specific ones? Like, for example, you'd list out the Blue Eyes White Dragon sisters, the Dark Magicians, the Mystic Elf, the Machine King, etc.

No, I quite agree. I was just talking about this. The other perks are much more interesting.

I mean, to be fair, Zelretch punched out a TYPE. And Time Travel and complete immortality aren't exactly a dime a dozen in /jc/.

>Nito granted one of the best gifts imaginable. Sweet, merciful death.
But here's the thing.

Humans couldn't die without the Dark Sign.

Gwyn branded them with the Dark Sign.

So it was Gwyn that gave them death, not Nito.

Nah, I skipped out on it too for a Reality Marble, Hero stuff, Demiservant, imports and shelling out enough points to get Astolfo. People who got True Magics just really like talking about them.

Where are you getting this from?

I personally went for the grail corruption & dragon core perks.

's why I said "think" and "seemingly", chief.

It just...kind of does? Digitises DNA to incorporate into itself as a record of sorts. Ghostfreak broke out, one time.

Oh, and it doesn't work on magical creatures. And like Android products, it apparently receives software updates from the creators' planet

While the souls themselves don't fade, the WORLD itself does. And once the world's swallowed up in darkness, the Lords are at a distinct disadvantage to dark-based lifeforms.

And yes, pretty much. Guy seemed to be all about legacies, considering he sacrificed one of his daughters to put a stasis lock on the Ringed City.

Indeed.

Although, Nito DID grant members of the Gravelord Covenant the power to shoot copies of his sword out of the ground at gankers. He just seems a lot less proactive than the other Lords. His soul mentioned he used up most of his strength just powering the concept of death even before Pinwheel came along and started leeching off him.

He did create the Milfanito, though. I mean his domain is DEATH, most folks probably didn't want that much to do with him so he just skulked off into a crypt.

The Third has nostalgic value.

For the record, I've checked and it's pretty rare to find magic that can outright create custom tailored concepts solely from a single user's prowess, turn the soul into a hyperdimensional perpetual magic machine or sacrifice time for energy.

And most of them don't scale up to blasting an image of the moon back or overloading Noble Phantasms to make magical black holes. Personally for me the appeal of the True Magics comes from how versatile the basic premises are.

And remember! If you poke dragons, you either get albino giantesses or snake/crow people.

Unless you're a pygmy/hollow/human and join dragon fight club, in which case you start to become one.

Gwyn opened the door that Nito was waiting on the other side of. Nito don't care who you are, Nito's just helping you die and rest in peace.

Nito's description, he hid himself away in a crypt and didn't do anything.

The various magic types. Three are derived from a lord soul and one is just souls in general. Their inventor all decided humans should learn these magics, except Hexes which are just natural to them. There's no magic type taught by Nito.

Nito: Helping you die before death was a thing

LITERALLY, he helped kill Everlasting Dragons after all

But he turns your body into a skeleton.

>I mean, to be fair, Zelretch punched out a TYPE
Yeah, and for that reason I respect Zelretch, for being able to take a relatively weak magic style and powergame it to the point where he could defeat an Elder God, if at great personal cost. But that's just because he's awesome, not because the Second Magic is.

>And Time Travel and complete immortality aren't exactly a dime a dozen in /jc/.
They're common enough that I don't care to waste 1000CP on them. Besides, the time travel is inefficient and dangerous and the immortality is only complete in the setting it originates from, plenty of other worlds have way to mess with souls.

Sure there is, the magic of eternal sleep. Also Pyromancy wasn't devised by The Witch of Izalith but one of her daughters.

This guy gets it.

So while we’re on a Dark Souls-y topic, question.

Suppose back in Jump 142, original Dark Souls, I took the drawback Beginning of an Age and swiped part of the First Flame - not the whole thing, but a section. Then suppose I did a bad thing where I mixed a shit-ton of different supernatural flames together and, with a soul spliced with part of the soul of a horse that feeds upon flame as spiritual sustenance, lit myself on fire like a dumb-ass in jump 291, Final Fantasy 12.

Then suppose all this shit stewed together until Dark Souls 3, which is Jump 697.

Do I assume the First Flame just zips across space and time to finish setting my ass on fire and rejoin the other ‘half’ of it? Or how did I fuck up?

Eclipse Phase Build
Mars
57 yo female
AGI

Skills
• Biohacker Package (Gear: healing vat)
• Hard Hat Package (Gear:Software writing AI package, Work simulspace environment gear)
• Nanotechnician Package (Gear:nanoengineering simulspace & a General Nanobot Hive)
• Mega-Engineering Package (Gear: Structural Sim Simulspace, Engineering AI) 900
• Device Engineering Package (Gear: Disassembly tools & wrist-mounted tools augmentation) 800

Genetic Algorithms 200
Sleeve-Easy free
Non-Human Neural Model 100
Rep Networks
• Level 2 Research Network Affiliation (RNA)
• Level 1 Ecowave

Morphs (600 points=700 in all)
• Infomorph free
○ Basic modes
○ Bodymod Biomorph
○ Standard pack all skill mods
• Neotenic (biomorph) 600
○ Basic mods
○ Bodymod Biomorph
○ Cognition aptitude enhancement free
• Surya (biomorph) 400
○ Basic mods
○ Bodymod Biomorph
• Flexbot (synth) 200
○ Basic mods
○ Bodymod Biomorph
○ Cosmetic alterations Cool paintjob, red black and gold. 150
○ Unique look, smooth curving lines, looks almost organic 100
○ Mega Engineering Cutting Edge Mod 0
○ Standard pack all other skill mods

Equipment
A muse (NONSELF AWARE) AI
Light Vacsuit
A 20,000c account for in-jump currency
Monster Raging Goblin Cock News Network (MRGCNN) Subscription free
Inexhaustible QE Comm Link -100
Petal of Petals -200
Morph storage -400
Computronium -700

Drawbacks
Wrath of the TITANs -400
Black Mark Anarchists -200
Black mark Scum 0

I am so freaking confused as to what I am going to do here but I have so many new goodies, Do morphs become altforms after the jump? if not thats ok because I can still do a lot of cool stuff with them.

The plan so far is to try and build a massive space hab using my own tech from other settings as well as tech from here to give it the best defenses I and all the AI I have can imagine.

Fillianore is interesting because it seems like she was super popular before he sacrificed her, judging by all the grass-related items scattered around.

Then later Gwyn is all like WHAT? FILLIANORE? WHO'S THAT? NOPE, NEVER HEARD OF HER. And erases her from history.

Seems to be the popular idea. I'll get to work sorting out the notables

I don't like Fate nor plan to visit it at all so...does that count as a Yes?

So? Not like the witch could teach anyone Flame Sorcery considering it broke.

>And erases her from history.
...I'm sensing a pattern here.

The world might start converging on you and time might get all convoluted.

I thought you were making the argument the other lords directly gave humans stuff when the Witch explicitly didn't.

>Three are derived from a lord soul and one is just souls in general
Will they stop working if the Lord Souls disappear?

That Gwyn, despite ostensibly doing everything he did for his children and their people, abused them just as much as he did everyone else in his efforts to preserve his legacy?

No, none of the magics would quit working if the Lord Souls disappeared. Sorcery is derived from your personal soul's power. Miracles stem from belief in what they do. Pyromancy is powered by your personal Pyromancy Flame. No idea what Hexes are all about but those are probably fine too.

>Nameless King
Exiled and erased from history.
>Gwynevere
Nothing, she was fine. Until many cycles later.
>Gwyndolin
Erased from history, raised as a woman in secret because he thought it'd be embarrassing to have a moon-themed boy.
>Fillianore
Used as a seal in his plan to betray his allies because he was afraid of them. Erased from history.

And if either Priscilla or Yorshka is his, which we don't know, then you can add tossing them somewhere secret, never acknowledging them, and not even raising them to the list.

I'm making the argument that Nito seemed to want the least to do with them.

Nasuverse stuff isn't that weak, it's just got a lot of problems that prevent it from being useful, but it really does have a lot of potent shit. It's magecraft that's fucking weak, and that's basically because it's a manufactured magic system that was created on top of shitty foundation and it's been around since Soloman.
It's fucking old. The metaphysics that support it aren't stable or sensible, you could probably build a better magic system in the same setting using all the same parts and nothing else, if you only just took the time to figure out how shit actually fucking works in that universe.

Eh it's kind of expensive so I tend to avoid it, there are a lot of good options in that jump that I would hate to miss.

>all the same parts
A demon?

We don't exactly know what the residents of Izalith were before they were demons, but otherwise you're probably right if that's your argument. Nito didn't want much to do with anything besides going the fuck to sleep/dying and helping everything else in existence do the same.

Honestly, I just don't like the metaphysics of fucking with sapient planets' Grand Reality Marbles.

Pyromancy is theorized, note only theorized, to be the part of the First Flame that Gwyn long ago bonded to the Dark Soul being used by Humans in their own way. Laurentius says that Pyromancy is natural and involves growing closer to nature. Interesting data to note with a touch of salt.

Nasuverse doesn't have real metaphysics though, it's just planetary reality marbles all the way Down. May be reverse engineer the Moon cell or something?

The Second actually draws on a universe full of prana for part of that trick, actually. And in Heaven's Feel the jeweled sword he made later in life can blow apart Sakura's shadow giants even though she'd eaten most of the Servants at that point, and turned herself into a perpetual magic machine.

But in a sense...yeah, actually. It's like the difference between being super strong, and building a catapault. You have to really stretch their stated function to get on Zelretch's level.

Agreed on the time travel, though. Damn wizards, just time slice like a sane person.

Time-space constipation of some kind probably happened, but don't worry-even the Lords, who actually burned in the Kiln, were able to try very hard to get away from being set on fire again until the Ashen One dragged their asses back. The Flame isn't as proactive as some other cosmic forces out there, so-you probably just got a super mode where you start flaming, and Unkindled might mistake you for a Lord of Cinder and try to take your soul.

Also you might developing horse-like features, and the horse might start developing you-like features! There's a covenant formed from the sharing of a wolf's blood among undead hunters, and they became a gestalt Lord of Cinder

Gwyn does seem to be the Tywin Lannister of lightning deities, yes

This.

I was really hyped for fusing the First, the Third and HSDW together because I thought that neatly complimented their strengths and shored up their weaknesses.

The First gets to "overcharge" its' concepts with magical energy and can be enacted much faster

The Third finds it easier to gather magical energy, and can channel it into more versatile functions

And HSDW puts a lot more structure into offensive spellcraft or artifacts, while making it easier to set up temples and such

Strictly speaking Goetia's the foundation of human Magecraft, not Magic.

Read the "End" part of the jump, it explains that purchased morphs become altforms (which can still be upgraded) and your purchased augmentations get copied to your "normal" form.

I don't take them unless it's a time travel focused chain. The rest of them just aren't my Cup of Tea.

Speaking of Fate, why is there a Prototype drawback in the Stay/Night revamp, and how dangerous is it compared to the "vanilla"(?) jump?

I assume Prototype Drawback is there because Prototype is basically just the original plan for Stay Night.

Would cloned flesh count as your flesh for the purposes of Omega Self-Molecular Manipulation?

It's there as a placeholder for the Prototype jump eventually being made. Once I get that out, I'll remove the drawback from SN because there'll be no need.

Not by much. Illya's equivalent is freakin' omnipotent and wanted to break reality by summoning a beast to make it so that Camlann basically ended well for Arthur, but see Arthur is always destined to lose, to the point to where that it's apparantly damn important that he always loses in the prototype universe, and she did this because she loved him so much, if that helps.

There aren't really any omnipotent characters there, regardless. Although Gilgamesh is an active player in that war.

Does Most Powerful, Most Beautiful from Akame ga Kill work negatively? Like, if I become less powerful, will it decrease my beauty below a base or vice-versa?

Stupid question time.

Val, the "Return of the Kings" Drawback in Fate/Zero basically derails the entire plot, right?

Gil's equivalent to Ea is a kill sat that can flood the entire Earth, and Arthur's Excalibur is even stronger then that. Also, the main villain's servant is the Anti-Christ.

Rough, but jumpable wip.

Hamtaro is here.

Please do not use the Love or Hate Meter to make drugs out of concentrated love/hate in front of the hamhams, please

Oh yeah, total derailment

>Spoiler

Whelp back to the drawing board.

Jumper does as he pleases!

>that angel background
Aw, that's cute.

Awesome. It was either that or I was going to have to kill a lot of people. I've never seen so many people I could accurate describe as dumpster people crammed into one anime.

>How Are They Gonna Make It In The Outside World
>But it doesn’t de1tract from your authority.

...What is this.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CBzd8KrKLo

It's a Hamtaro jump!

shit, thanks for catching that

I had to include the angel background, hamham heartbreak is a cute game

I said "in front of the hamhams", doing it behind their backs is ok

NO!!!!

It doesn't, it brings about an age of humanity. Which is implied by stuff to be a permanent end to the cycle, and full of humans being greedyguts forever

Hey Val, could you answer this ?

I must now import DOOM as a Hamham, nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan.

youtube.com/watch?v=LKzZ6ifUCYk

Doom guy would probably be pretty happy with that.

It counts as killing the Edo Tensei zombie version of the real thing.

I'm thinking of two possible DOOMs when you say that, and I am delighted by the possibility of both of them in Hamtaro.

I made the jump because I was super interested to see what jumpers would do with the setting.

Will there be an abridged series drawback?

Why would anyone make an abridged series for Hamsters?

There's a second part too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ldd7Bz5N0OM

It's Hamtaro time! Scritch scritch scritch scritch woo!