Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

DRAGONS edition

Have you ever slain a dragon? Has a dragon ever been a great antagonist? Or have you ever made allies with one? What about their lairs? Have you ever plundered one for gold?

Heck just tell me about all things dragon!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/LHkFxDia
youtu.be/XZ2sWJi5Mrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Killed two, got asses kicked by one, ran a near-TPK by one because the PCs in that campaign were one munchkin and a bunch of apathetic assholes.

I want to fight dragons! Kill dragons! Work with dragons or even romance dragons!

>tfw never become a real dragon-slayer
>tfw never fought a marauding chromatic, like a real great wyrm
>tfw never tried a bane arrow
I just wish I could have someone to teach me how to be a real, number-one dragon slayer.

Is Unchained Gunslinger the only 3pp class that attempts to fix firearms, aside from PoW stuff?

BitF closes in just over four days!

Shardwalkers in three!

>Vult asks theoretical science question regarding to PLD
>The discord breaks down into blithering idiocy

Truly an artist of trolling.

Yes, yes, no, and sure, but it wasn't really the reason we were there.

That sounds pretty cool and close to something I'd like to do in Starfinder. Can you tell us more and post any pictures of them?

Vult is cute! CUTE!

I currently play a dragonrider in a campaign I'm in. I've also had a dragon mount in a separate game last year (was pretty fun)

And yes I've also killed dragons before hand as well.

LoBaF soon!

Which pairing will reign supreme?

More like

>Vult poorly explains supernatural physics phenomena

>Gets angry when people can't read his mind and reees

Essa x A gnoll
Gamze x Five gnolls
Iolanthe x Pack of hyenas
Shanan x Orlan x A fire

I really wanted to apply for this game.

Just wait for someone to die. These niggas are not prepared.

>Gets angry when people can't read the conversation and reees
FTFY

I ran the Dragon's Demand. Fantastic module. Ended with my two players getting married and retiring to a little village they lorded over together.

I'm playing the monastic disciple of the dragon giods, out to rid the world of the avatar of the war god Rovagug and lawful chaotic / chaotic lawful alignments with the help of paladin of Iomedae and the Tarasque Blooded sorcerer.

This is not going to go well.

Yes, the GM is fucking weird.

Is shardwalkers a bamboozle? I thought the GM went missing.

>Playing in a "timeskip Iron Gods" campaign starting this weekend
>Really want to play pic related
>Firearms are shit
>Shields are shit
>Heavy armor is shit
>Clearly a Stupendous Strength STR build, but with a fucking two-handed firearm
>Probably a laser rifle or something which makes it even worse as I can't afford it
>Full-Initating classes not available so I can't be a Privateer
>I can play it as some sort of Gunslinger but it'll be so bad I'd be better off as a level 1 Fighter with a longbow
You ever get those ideas that just don't work, /pfg/? How do you cope?
My coping method is to complain here.

No, Argentum doesn't bamboozle

>"timeskip iron gods"

explain this, user

Trench Fighter is a decent way to get firearm proficiency and dex-to-damage.

We did an Iron Gods campaign recently. Ended in a TPK.
Now it's ~15 years later and things have gone to shit.

Can we hear some details?

Fennec-user! Why are you so fluffy?

Fighter has a gun archetype? Huh. Maybe I can stack it with Myrmidon and make something work...

It's almost bedtime for little old me, but feel free to ask about anything you're interested in. Not gonna launch into a big storytime, though.

It is not, he's just been busy lately. He's still running Pendragon after all.

Things have degenerated to the point of someone typing "Sigh" to start their post.

Internet was getting set up at a new house. Or it might have been just a change of service provider, I'm not entirely sure.

I do believe they can stack, unless I'm missing some part of Myrmidon that dicks about with armor training.

I want to play a heavily-armored Rent-a-Soldier in Starfinder who's a brain-and-spine still trying to pay off his fancy new cybernetic body!

The only thing Myrmidon touches is Bonus Feats

You realize there's a person in the chat named Sigh, right?

And it pre-loads with Tempest Gale.

Trickshot McGee comes to town?

Who did he sell his body parts to and is he willing to take a job inside a bioship?

Same! We can be /robosuffering/ buddies!

A "Rusted Gods" campaign sounds sorta interesting.

>Who did he sell his body parts to

He didn't sell his body parts to anyone! He's a veteran that got chewed up and spat out into civvie life, forced to use government-issued frames before some Suits came to his house and offered a hot new bod in exchange for work.

RGPL CONFIRMED CUTE

What does working on a bioship entail?

Desert nights are cold-a fluffy coat helps fennec foxes stay warm, while its light colors help deflect heat and keep them cool during the day.

can also confirm

On one hand I want to find out what the heck is going on in there, on the other I don't know if I want to be involved.

It's all just good natured ribbing until someone posts ERP logs

Its not worth the headache

discord pfg is teasing rgpl (WotR dm)

Is he willing to work for the Panra, one of the more questionable races in the galaxy? Their size, insect like features, and pseudo-hive mind make them outcasts in the galaxy at large.

Lots of janitorial work.

Shooting parasites and chucking them into the stomach/reactor.
Shooting anti-Psyker forces, looting them of gear, and disposing of them in the stomach/reactor.
Negotiating with suppliers to make sure they don't mistreat your client and chucking the goods into the stomach/reactor.
Trying to fall asleep in the living living room and wondering if you should throw yourself into the stomach/reactor because the ship snores.

Are these threads just detached commentaries of the discord now?
Is this what we have become

I want to marry Riggle Piggle!

Well that and sexual frustration...

So I heard you gents want some logs
pastebin.com/LHkFxDia

How come armor-based martials are so much worse than light-armor martials? Like, you trade so much just for some extra AC, and then like 3 levels later it doesn't matter anymore because AC flies out the window anyways in favor of miss chances and shit. Except you stay fat and lumbering, while the asshole with 4 less AC than you has now become almost as hard to hit, except he's been running about at full speed the entire time, taking no penalties to his skill checks the entire time. Actually, in a party, that fucker probably becomes harder to hit than you as soon as you hit that point where AC says goodbye, since "speedy man" gets first dibs on the item that grants miss chance.
How the fuck is it okay for a dude in full plate + tower shield to be at like -19 armor check penalty when all you get is AC anything dangerous will just chew through anyway?
I'm so upset about this, god damn. I just wanted to play a big hulk of metal but it's like shooting yourself in the fucking foot.

FRESH RGPL LOG

LINK IN THE SPOILER

This is dumb.

I like how last thread we unironically had a great conversation because of kitsune of all things.

>Is he willing to work for the Panra, one of the more questionable races in the galaxy? Their size, insect like features, and pseudo-hive mind make them outcasts in the galaxy at large.

Of course! If the Panra are the Suits in question and they're offering him a good body, good pay and good work for 12 easy payments of 1 year of unquestionable service, than yes!

What would you expect on a Croatian Bat Swaddling Board?

youtu.be/XZ2sWJi5Mrk

Kitsune are shit and should burn

Ignore Kitsune posts
Report Kitsune posters.

If you play with some feat consolidation rules heavy armor + shield can be solid, especially if you ride a mount. I think a scaling AC bonus that works off BAB would help martials a lot

what the fuck is this shitty op image?
what the hell is that thing? It looks like its supposed to be some kind of dragon girl but ugly. It doesnt even have any tits.

I thought this was the pathfinder general, not some faggy 5e dnd general. Someone make a new thread and use a qt kitsune op pic.

I made an elf Toxophilite ranger dude.
First time playing PF.
Group consists of 3 PF newbies and 2 veterans.
The GM is also running a character and plans on switching with the veteran players for oneshots later in the campaign.

Epic starting points and a GM known for generosity and simplifying some rules in the players favor, for example cover.

Did I gimp myself by going for a weird archetype/non human?

I don't know how important wild empathy/endurance is but I don't think that quarry is that that great so the Toxo looks okay.

I wanted to be able to shoot through ropes 'n shit.

Are the elf-only bow feats any good?

I know that I should just relax and enjoy the game.

But I want to outdamage the two handed weapon fighter whose player always powergames.

Read some ranger guides from the pastebin, I like the mounted archer idea.

GM suggested toughness for all characters as first feat because it's newbie friendly survivability. Everybody took it except me.

I took point blank shot.

>Filename
BUT THAT'S WRONG

Congrats, you've helped secure Humanity a new ally. Probably not the one they expected, wanted, or even really liked, but they won't forget your loyalty.

Just watch out you don't wind up underfoot.

The fact that a shield is almost always a negative is so upsetting to me.
And FUCKING TOWER SHIELDS just make me want to scream.
Armor as DR isn't too bad of a system if it got worked on and polished up. I'd like that a lot.

Aw, now ain't that cute...BUT IT'S WROOOONG!

So Kyras has some new art.

I take back everything I said about the Pixiv Fantasia pic he was using, it's just fine. Please keep it as the main character portrait.

How's WotR doing anyways? I haven't heard about it for awhile and I really liked the party.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

People wanted THIS to get in

People wanted THIS

I mean, if you stick with the rapid shot/manyshot/deadly aim build until you hit 11th(?) and get Instant Enemy, you'll do plenty of damage compared to the 2h fighter. He just gets to do it for longer, because he isn't relying as directly on casting.

On that note:
>first time playing PF
>want to outdamage the 2h fighter

Ya coulda gone caster and just out-relevance'd him.

Biweekly, so slowly. But pretty well, it's fun when it does happen.
There hasn't been a single actually lewd moment yet. They know how to run a slow burn.

But that's not actually on the LFG forum
How
How deep are you actually digging to find dirt on this guy
Are you yandere for him or something

Oh yeah, also no third party shenanigans, just all Paizo products available on the german market as far as I know.
We are going to use cards for crits and fumbles... I don't know how I feel about that.

Is the arcane archer any good?
Does multiclassing a little bit work for a ranger focusing on ranged combat?

I've been wanting to incorporate dragons for a while into the games I run, but they haven't lasted long enough in the past for me to do so.

Back when I played 3.5, my GM had us traveling through the desert for quite a while, so we encountered Young Adult Blue Dragons on two separate occasions... and on two separate occasions, we killed them and my Elf Spellsword harvested their parts to sell at the trading outposts.

It got him a shiny new Mithril Shirt with an Endure Elements enchantment, so I was very pleased.

No. Just. Dude.
If you're reading this.
Sometimes you gotta be honest when a drawfag gives you a shitty delivery.

WotR is going fine, nothing crazy yet but the DM just teased something on the discord to players

What is a reasonable limit on the amount of bombs an alchemist is allowed to implant in any given creature (themselves for instance)? Assume they are going to drop the dosh so that they don't explode after a day.

In a single creature? I think it's 1/creature.

No game for a month last I heard

I didn't want to start playing a god (caster) on my first campaign, plus it was discouraged for first time players of the system, which I get.

Yeah, I figured that the fighter player chose something brutally efficient.

The difference on paper at lvl1 is pretty crass.

It ran yesterday, and will run on the 23rd, and then on the 7th of May

I want to PM someone cute! Who's cute?!

Me! PM me!

God damn. It's like that time my friend got fucked over by a shitty drawfag.
This is why I didn't commission art for my Blingmaker submission.

Discord pfg says RgPl apparently

you are!

Wist is cute! Captain Slow is cute! RgPl is cute and Ceri is CUTE CUTE CUTE!

I'm not, I'm just a dour bitch desu

Wist, Ceri, and RgPl are cute and fun.
DHB and maximumsleep seem like they both need a hug.

Oh man, yeah, 1st level is pretty much podium-time for a human fighter from feat advantage alone.

However, he's still relegated to what he can hit, and if he misses for any reason he's basically a sitting duck. You should be able to snag Rapid Shot by 3rd level at the latest, and you'll be putting more fire downrange than him per turn until the end of the campaign (at least in terms of number of attacks).

Something else you're gonna want is Clustered Shots, especially if your GM is gonna have DR enemies anywhere near you. Make sure your animal companion is tripping/disarming/whatever it's good for as often as possible, assuming you still have it.

Mounted archery is fine but if you ever go indoors you automatically lose the advantage except in very rare circumstances.

Speaking of Starfinder, are any of you here thinking about running it or making some homebrew stuff for it?

Impossible to tell what needs to get added in homebrew, especially since something might get added in as part of official Starfinder content.

Are you cute? Provide evidence supporting your claim to cuteness.

B-but I can't PM myself! That's not helpful at all!

Wist is unbearably cute!

so cute!

Elf is fine. The difference between most the PC races is mostly fluff pieces, with the key thing that actually matters being the ability score adjustments, and even that's not a huge effect (compare having a +2 to all the bonuses you get from leveling up, and having a +6 item by level 20).

Wild empathy is actually really useful at low level, but ranger has enough stuff in general that losing it really isn't going to hurt you.

Toxophilite's abilities aren't really that great - generally you're much better off using all your attacks to, well, attack (and thereby kill enemies quicker) rather than use them to cancel other attacks - but they also aren't an actual drain on you.

>But I want to outdamage the two handed weapon fighter whose player always powergames.

Well, your main problem here will be that you have to split your stats between Dex (to hit and AC) and Str (to do damage). The way to compensate for this is to pick up Rapid Shot, Manyshot, and anything else that lets you make as many attacks as possible ASAP.

Make sure to take the Deadly Aim feat, and always use it against low AC enemies or once you have stat bonuses / an enhanced bow. It's the ranged equivalent of Power Attack.

>I wanted to be able to shoot through ropes 'n shit.

One thing to keep in mind is that while attacks against objects, etc are okay once you have the right gear, ranged combat maneuvers kind of suck (like from the Ranged Disarm feat), because combat maneuvers in general kind of suck. The only really good combat maneuver is Dirty Trick, which was added in Advanced Player's Guide rather than the core book.

>GM suggested toughness for all characters as first feat because it's newbie friendly survivability. Everybody took it except me.

Good. Toughness sucks. You can get equal results in the mid game just by getting an item of +2 Constitution.

Dour bitches can be cute too! You could be endearingly mean and snarky!